Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2005, 09:44 PM   #51
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Shit, Pumpy can probably jump too.

I'm very strong......against another human being

I'm very strong.......against an automobile, not so much.

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:48 PM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I know, but I was offering to tip the guy to do my car by Friday... his casual reaction to it, instead of "Sorry, we have a policy that we can't do that" leads me to believe he couldn't even be bothered to pay attention to worry about what I was offering.

Usually money talks.....

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:58 PM   #53
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Usually money talks.....

Todd

Huh? I know, that's why I offered it, but in this case the guy wasn't listening, so the money walked away.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:07 PM   #54
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Huh? I know, that's why I offered it, but in this case the guy wasn't listening, so the money walked away.

Ok so the guy was slow.

I have a friend who always pulls out cash when things aren't going his way, and about 90% of the time, people cooperate.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:02 PM   #55
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Ok so the guy was slow.

I have a friend who always pulls out cash when things aren't going his way, and about 90% of the time, people cooperate.

Todd

Haha, I'm not in a position to do that, but in this case, I really needed it done by Friday, and I thought this was the only reasonable place that would do it... turns out it wasn't, and it ended up working out for me as the people at the place were very good and accomodating.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:09 AM   #56
Loren
High School JV

How'd I get brought up in the middle of this post ...outta see me roll my eyes in person
Old 01-26-2005, 06:37 AM   #57
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib
K, stop whining about your $200 (just buy something for the wife for V-day and spend your real money on yourself) and lets get to the pix pls-- thx.

You're suggesting there's something at BB I could get for my wife for Valentine's Day that she would find acceptable as a V-Day gift?! Why not just go all out and get her the Homer Simpson bowling ball?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #58
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
You're suggesting there's something at BB I could get for my wife for Valentine's Day that she would find acceptable as a V-Day gift?! Why not just go all out and get her the Homer Simpson bowling ball?

An MP3 player or somehing filled with whatever crappy music she likes and ten bucks on flowers.

Or buy a dvd player and the DVD of the first movie that you saw together. Get some candles and snuggle up at home. Be creative.

Of course, I don't have this problem. My GF is a gaming otaku. I bought her a Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) and a Tatakon (Taiko Drum Controller) for the PS2 for Christmas.

I still have never failed to knock her socks off in three years of gift giving. BTW, I do actually get her some girly gift every other gift-giving occassion.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #59
condors
College Starter

I swear i hate some of thier policies

a couple years back, i got a credit card with them so i can get 10% off a purchase, the next time i am in the store(about a year later) I try use the card i am told that it is no longer valid. If you don't use it enough they cancel it. The very next thing out of her mouth was "would you like to apply for our store credit card?", no i would like to shove a red hot poker in your eye but thank you anyway, it would have been nice to at least get something in the mail telling me i have to buy something or that it was cancelled. Haven't been back since and don't plan to either.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:48 AM   #60
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
How the hell did everyone else in this thread miss the most important line in the thread?

Because that was revealed to us in a different thread back at Christmas time.

Someboyd needs to pay more attention...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #61
Ksyrup

Quote:
An MP3 player or somehing filled with whatever crappy music she likes and ten bucks on flowers.

Or buy a dvd player and the DVD of the first movie that you saw together. Get some candles and snuggle up at home. Be creative.

Of course, I don't have this problem. My GF is a gaming otaku. I bought her a Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) and a Tatakon (Taiko Drum Controller) for the PS2 for Christmas.

I still have never failed to knock her socks off in three years of gift giving. BTW, I do actually get her some girly gift every other gift-giving occassion.

I've got an MP3 player and she doesn't want to use it, even though I've offered.

We have 3 DVD players and barely use them. We have kids, so we barely have time for movies outside of Disney and the like.

About the only games she likes are Chainz and similar games that cost like $10.

There is nothing at BB that costs more than $20 that she would be interested in. Which is fine with me, to be honest.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #62
Loren
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
no i would like to shove a red hot poker in your eye but thank you anyway, it would have been nice to at least get something in the mail telling me i have to buy something or that it was cancelled. Haven't been back since and don't plan to either.

there needs to be some sort of support group for what Best Buy makes us feel
Old 01-26-2005, 11:36 AM   #63
Loren
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
There is nothing at BB that costs more than $20 that she would be interested in. Which is fine with me, to be honest.

what about a new NICE printer orrr a dig camera photo printing combo? video camera? speakers for around the house(something I got as a gift from there )?? or just buy gifts and be prepared for everyone's upcoming birthdays and next Christmas
Old 01-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #64
Ksyrup

Got it. Got it. Got it.

That's the "problem" (nice problem to have) with no longer being in college and actually having a career - we buy everything we really want when we want it, and typically don't want/need any big ticket items (or at least, space them out every few years).

I'd like to get a new car (still have my '99 626), but I'm hoping to run it into the ground before I upgrade.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:39 AM   #65
lurker
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Someboyd needs to pay more attention...

Why does only Boyd need to pay attention?

lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #66
JeeberD
General Manager

Somebody needs to pay better attention to their typing... :o

Heh, and I almost did the same thing again.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #67
gkb
High School Varsity

Here's my Best Buy experience...I'll try to be concise.

I went in to return a modem I had received as a gift. I already had one and this one was still in the box and plastic. I did not have a gift receipt. I went to the return desk and was helped by a high school aged young man.

Me: "I'd like to return this please."
Employee: "Do you have a receipt?"
Me: "Nope, it was gift and they didn't get me a gift receipt."
Employee: "We can't take it back."
Me: "But it hasn't been opened and was purchased here. And I mean, not just from a Best Buy, from this Best Buy specifically."
Me: "Can I speak to a manager please?"
Kid: "No."
Me: "No?"
Punk Kid: "There isn't a manager here."
Me: "..."
Me: "There isn't one manager in this entire store?"
Punk Kid: "Nope."
Soon-to-be-pummeled Punk Kid: "They're all at lunch."
Me: "It's 7pm."
Punk Kid: "Dinner then."

At this point I left, because I knew I was about to blow a gasket and go over the counter and tear this kid apart. I got the impression that he was really enjoying himself and seemed to me to be quite smug about the whole thing. Now I understand that they probably couldn't have taken the modem back, but I at least wanted to plead my case to a manager just to be sure.

That happened several years ago actually, but man I remember being really pissed. I still shop there btw...I love the place.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #68
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
what about a new NICE printer orrr a dig camera photo printing combo? video camera? speakers for around the house(something I got as a gift from there )?? or just buy gifts and be prepared for everyone's upcoming birthdays and next Christmas

That's perfect because then you'd be able to post every time someone said "pix pls, thx".

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #69
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb
That happened several years ago actually, but man I remember being really pissed. I still shop there btw...I love the place.

So they piss you off, fuck you over, and act smug about it... and you love them for it?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #70
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I was thinking the same thing. Simple solution to all this. Don't go to f-ing Best Buy.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:03 PM   #71
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb

I went in to return a modem I had received as a gift. I already had one and this one was still in the box and plastic. I did not have a gift receipt. I went to the return desk and was helped by a high school aged young man.

Me: "But it hasn't been opened and was purchased here. And I mean, not just from a Best Buy, from this Best Buy specifically."

At this point I left, because I knew I was about to blow a gasket and go over the counter and tear this kid apart. I got the impression that he was really enjoying himself and seemed to me to be quite smug about the whole thing. Now I understand that they probably couldn't have taken the modem back, but I at least wanted to plead my case to a manager just to be sure.

Haha, I work at a sports store selling shoes, and I just don't see how someone can get away with acting that way. I feel like I'm about to get pounded when I tell someone we don't have their size in a shoe.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:18 PM   #72
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb

I would of just stood their and said, "I'll wait until they return", and stand in front of him the whole time.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #73
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
So they piss you off, fuck you over, and act smug about it... and you love them for it?

I know it doesn't make any sense...obviously the answer is to just not shop there anymore and I did that for awhile, but I really do like Best Buy. I get most of my computer software and DVDs there. Like I said, it happened a few years ago...maybe I should have written a letter.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #74
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

i'm so glad that best buy moved their store here..

they used to be in perfect "impulse buy" locaiton across from the grocery store. Now they moved to the end of a chain of large stores (target, petsmart, cub foods, lowes) that i don't regularly shop at
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote