Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2005, 06:08 AM   #51
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I always wonder where this discussion comes from (it returns about every 6 months in this forum) and stay out of the cat fight, until I see someone calling the origins of sports, athletics (by some people butchered into track and field), to not be a sport. Then I realize it has nothing to do with what is and what isn't a sport.

I'll stick with the standards of the Olympic Committees, if they think you're in, you're in.

Unless we, the Dutch, are bad at it.
Basketball is not a sport until Francisco Elson and Dan Gadzuric start shining in the NBA like Rik Smits in his best days.
Skiing is not a sport, until we find a great skiier in the flattest of countries, but (ice speed) skating is a major one, if only those Russians and Americans stopped being competitive.
Darts is a sport ("yeah!" for having 'Barney') and so is figure dancing on horses (thank you Anky!)
And football/soccer used to be until all of the golden generation of the 90's became lazy multimillionairs. Not counting Bergkamp, Stam, Robben, Ruud and Roy, as they are top of the world players and make us orange wearing people proud.

MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote