Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2005, 02:04 PM   #51
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Actually, that's one of the things I've always wanted to do, too. I'm at, uh, 4 so I'm not making much progress (Kaufman, Wrigley, Metrodome, Astrodome).

The Royals games around that are the 5th and 14th but they're on the road all the days between.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #52
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
What I'm going to need from my friends on the board is suggestions for relaxing things to do in Kansas City. This will be my first time there. I'll want to avoid places where I'm going to see my hundreds of fellow test takers. This part of the test is going to be anxiety provoking, and I don't want their anxiety feeding into my own. So, I'll probably start a thread when the test time is closer, but I will need suggestions for a few nights of relaxation in KC. I'll probably fly in on the 9th and might stay until the 13th.

As far as KC is concerned, I don't know the area at all. But to relax, Antmeister suggests getting a massage... that'll do the trick. I suggest maybe mediating or listening to some Natural Sounds CD's while goin' to sleep.

BTW, big congrats! That's freaking AWESOME! Looking forward to your June post.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:14 PM   #53
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, if you like baseball, the Negro League Museum is in KC. It shares a building with the American Jazz Museum. I want to say it's under $20 to get in and very cool, if you're into museum-y stuff. The Negro League Museum reminds me of a smaller version of the MLB Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, but, of course, just about the Negro Leagues. Very cool when I went there about 3 years ago. I didn't know much about Jazz so the other museum was very cool, too.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Oh, if you like baseball, the Negro League Museum is in KC. It shares a building with the American Jazz Museum. I want to say it's under $20 to get in and very cool, if you're into museum-y stuff. The Negro League Museum reminds me of a smaller version of the MLB Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, but, of course, just about the Negro Leagues. Very cool when I went there about 3 years ago. I didn't know much about Jazz so the other museum was very cool, too.

SI

Thanks to all for the congrats. Thank you for this tip. I would enjoy checking out both of these museums, and will put them on my "To Do" list.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:58 PM   #55
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Actually, that's one of the things I've always wanted to do, too. I'm at, uh, 4 so I'm not making much progress (Kaufman, Wrigley, Metrodome, Astrodome).

The Royals games around that are the 5th and 14th but they're on the road all the days between.

SI

I'm stuck at two (Coors Field and The Juicebox), well three if you count Mile High when the Rockies were playing there.

I really want to make it out to Boston and catch a game at Fenway before too long...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I'm stuck at two (Coors Field and The Juicebox), well three if you count Mile High when the Rockies were playing there.

I really want to make it out to Boston and catch a game at Fenway before too long...

I really want to make it to Fenway too before too long.

I've been to Veterans Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Camden Yards, Candlestick Park, and the Toronto Skydome.

Edited to add: I went to plenty of games at Chavez Ravine when I was at USC.

I have plenty more that I need to go see in the upcoming years

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-10-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote