Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2004, 01:24 PM   #51
gi
College Prospect

Albino Claw recklessly ran into combat and died? I am so shocked!! Never would I ever think that could or would happen. He is the most stay at home player I know...

oh who am I kidding, without Aucoin, claw would be worm food a dozen times more!!

gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:26 PM   #52
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dozen? Try a gross back in the early days
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #53
Thomkal
Head Coach

just decided to pack it in for the night rather than try to return for just a half-hour before I would have to leave anyway. Sorry that my computer is a piece of crap right now. Hope I didn't leave you with a tough mission.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:12 AM   #54
gi
College Prospect

Had a good time last night. Started with Aucoin and then had to switch to Broken Seal when we ran out of High level characters to sk all the low guys. Claw and I brought on our low guys. Good mix and xp was good. Broken Seal leveled to 9. Gail leveled. I think someone else leveled as well.

I probably will not be on much this weekend. Oh and silver streak is at what now? 33? He leveled when Aucoin was on.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:49 AM   #55
C.J.
n00b

I agree...last night was a good night of SG gaming. Except when Broken Seal pulled an Albino and jumped right into the middle of mobs ahead of the group only to be left with a sliver of health or just outright get defeated. ha ha. He better thank Gail for deciding to 6-slot her O2 boost with SO heal enhancements (thanks SilverStreak!) A controller doing the work of a empathy defender....sigh. Thanks to everyone that helped generate the XP to get Gail up to lvl 24. Everyone was on top of their game last night and doing excellent work. Sucks that non-damage dealing characters can't directly generate XP (Gail tries with forklifts and cars), but hopefully we made things go faster and kept everyone alive and out of debt more.

Stay strong defenders and controllers! Issue 3 is when our time comes! Non-combat leveling will be ours soon.
GI buffs and Albino smokes and GI drinks and we die, hey!
- Non-Traditional CoH/Irish Folk Song
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:20 AM   #56
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm level 32

Issue #2 is out!!!!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #57
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Correction, just downloaded 145 MBs in anticipation of Issue #2 on live servers.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:03 PM   #58
C.J.
n00b

Man 145 mb. I'll have to start that download tonight. Only have a 112k (double modem speed basically) connection at home. Not exactly "high-speed" access.

Last edited by C.J. : 09-10-2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:48 PM   #59
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Download done.

Incidently I think Dark Astoria is overrated. I was getting hit hard there and I die consistently due to the shamans (that I miss) or from a barrage of bullseye hits on me.

Whereas I was in Independence Port and able to gulp XP. Yeah I need to avoid some underboss/consigs if I'm not fully powered up (and without any inspirations) but it seems I can dominate purples and reds in IP that I struggle with in DA.

Finally, I cringed seeing the download after I logged off. Smoke Grenade is parting (unless I want to six slot it, and right now stamina takes priority when I finally get it).

What is scary is that I can move smoothly from pack to pack (with a little stamina regain) and simply mow down opponents.

Once I get stamina, things will even get better. Hang is pretty much a minion killer with no real issues with family lieutenants (shamans and stunners are a different story).

Still at 23, but halfway to 24, if I was around this weekend, no doubt I could get it.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:32 PM   #60
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Wow. Nobody's posted in this thread for a while. I haven't played much due to the advent of the NFL season, Madden, and NCAA taking up my time. I will be on tonight. Anyone else?
Old 09-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #61
gi
College Prospect

Should be there tonight. Though I just got the 3rd season of Alias and it might suck me in.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:25 PM   #62
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cometflash MAY be on after 10 PM EST, but not 100% sure of that, so don't look too hard for me.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:40 PM   #63
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Made it, but solo'd. Accomplished 24, and after two hours in Terra Volta, 25. So I'm quite happy with myself.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:05 AM   #64
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

As if my life wasn't any sadder...got to 26 at 4 in the morning.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:51 AM   #65
Thomkal
Head Coach

My god, I need to get Cometflash to Terra Volta. Congrats Qwik
Old 09-15-2004, 07:03 AM   #66
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hey Quik, are you doing the fire/dev blaster powerlevel? Is it really that good?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:24 AM   #67
C.J.
n00b

damn

damn you damage dealers. Got it easy. It's taken me over 2 weeks to go from lvl 20 to 25 with my controller.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:18 AM   #68
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Hey Quik, are you doing the fire/dev blaster powerlevel? Is it really that good?

Yes and no.

Yes if issue 2 wasn't coming out.

No because issue 2 is coming out.

For all of those willing to try, and you higher level guys probably will find good clusters, but not as good as a guy who is 24.

Enter TV and head right, before the road goes down an incline, check to the right (probably the 2nd building closest to the wall), should be a cluster of captains there.

Then go across the street, past the building (which should be to your left) heading towards I think a water tower.

As you finish passing the building, another cluster to the left.

There is a smaller building further in the back, go behind it, another cluster.

Rinse and repeat, I ignore any other spawn points.

Captains were netting me almost 150 xp per kill, and there were other weaker units sprinkled in.

I didn't attack any freakshow or anything like that.

Another bonus these units are tightly compacted which means easier to kill with firebreath and other AOEs.

Now that issue 2 is coming out, Smoke Grenade which was critical to not getting killed doing this, is going to be phased down (to the point you need to six slot it), this won't be as safe to do (hence why I decided to seriously powerlevel).

I grabbed AIM, rather than Cloaking Device, AIM has a short time boost to my Alpha Strike which I think will be handier.

I know have stamina, I've got it 3 slotted with endurance recovery (SOs) and plan to six slot (It has made a great difference, but I'm still a take a breather junkie).

I'm now outleveled the clusters I've found to the point that they are blue and greens, so I will have to look for some other clusters now, but no complaints, it greatly bridged the gap I have between all of you guys.

Fire/Devices will still be powerful because of trip mine, but that means it will probably be toned down at some point as well.

Hopefully this Thursday I can hang out with the gang and prove my worth.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #69
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, it is interesting to see how it works, and how it works so well. I'm jealous because I went electric/electric.

Oh, by the way, you don't have to "prove your worth." To me, having another blaster along is good enough!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #70
gi
College Prospect

Doesn't matter who you are, just more meat to heal for the pretty boy...
Old 09-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #71
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I appreciate the support, but I felt bad because I was lagging. Hangfire works because I could accumulate xp points at a nice pace without struggling. I had a fire/fire controller and couldn't get it past 5, and he would've been plain useless unless I went with other groups. Hangfire can at least tag alone with Don, Silver, Gale, Aucoin, Albino, Comet, PV, and the rest of the group.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #72
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Update 2 went live today!

I'm on tonight for sure.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #73
gi
College Prospect

I'm going to be behind. MBA kicks in next week. New girlfriend is taking my free time. So I am sure Gail will do the healing for me

Real boobies before pixel ones...man has to have priorities...
Old 09-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #74
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I appreciate the support, but I felt bad because I was lagging. Hangfire works because I could accumulate xp points at a nice pace without struggling. I had a fire/fire controller and couldn't get it past 5, and he would've been plain useless unless I went with other groups. Hangfire can at least tag alone with Don, Silver, Gale, Aucoin, Albino, Comet, PV, and the rest of the group.

With the new reverse sidekick feature who gives a shit what level you are. I know that sk'ing is a pain in the ass (having to stay relatively close) but it beats not being able group at all.

I'm excited for the new content tonight and hope we can all (i see gi is bailing on us ) be there to check out the new stuff.

Do we want to create complete n00bs, go with our teen scrubs, or go full bore with the High-n-mighties? It doesn't matter to me, i'll do what the majority wants.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #75
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
(i see gi is bailing on us )

Only for tonight!

Last edited by gi : 09-16-2004 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:08 PM   #76
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
With the new reverse sidekick feature who gives a shit what level you are. I know that sk'ing is a pain in the ass (having to stay relatively close) but it beats not being able group at all.

I'm excited for the new content tonight and hope we can all (i see gi is bailing on us ) be there to check out the new stuff.

Do we want to create complete n00bs, go with our teen scrubs, or go full bore with the High-n-mighties? It doesn't matter to me, i'll do what the majority wants.

Well, recall that there are aliens attacking Paragon right now as we speak. I don't mind sk'ing but I do feel that I was causing everyone else to be held back. I feel now I'm far more advanced, (even with an impotent smoke grenade) to hang with the group now.

I'll be on ASAP, though I wish I had a girlfriend (I hate 2nd shift).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #77
Thomkal
Head Coach

I've been on as Blue Boltsman and others today. Much excitement over Issue #2 going live, the same questions being asked over and over. Capes mission is in, go to atlas Park City Hall to the lady inside the enterance to start it. Respec trial is up-in terra volta I believe. The Hollows is live, got a look at it, and was surprised when the outcasts I fought used things like stone cages on me. Some new outcast minions (coolers and torches).

Portals would open at random in most (all?) zones with Rulaa whatever they are spilling out of them. Since they are at random, it was hard to find an active one, but got a quick look at some of the new mobs there, giant eyeballs and such.

Comet should be on tonight, but you don't need to start a newbie to get the Hollows Missions. My 9th, 10th, and 12th level chars I tried today were all given a Hollows mission where you go and get a Hollows contact. Stay put when you get the mission in the Hollows, three or four of the Kill Outcasts/Trolls will come to you at the start. I say we do our low level chars in the Hollows, but I'm game for whatever
Old 09-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #78
Bad-example
College Starter

I have been reading the official boards, trying to decide if I want to give CoH another shot. Scrapper is the only AT that interests me at this point. I still have Professor Ion (Dark/Inv-lvl 14) and Gumbercules (Dark/Regen-lvl 8). I will do more research but would appreciate any advice about scrappers.

Invulnerability and Regen seem like the best choices for defense. Dark, Spines and Claw all look pretty interesting on the offensive side.

Since I often have only 20-30 minutes to play in a session, the ability to solo is pretty key for me.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:24 PM   #79
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm good for tonight either with Silver Streak or White Napalm. I'd like to do the Respec trial with the heavies sometime though. Since Aucoin won't be on tonight, I vote we postpone any Respec trial to wait for him.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #80
gi
College Prospect

Thank you! I'd like to have Trans catch up too. Then respec us all. Up to him. Tuesday Respec Trial then?
Old 09-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #81
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Don agreed for Tuesday, and Albino Claw reluctantly agreed.

PV was on, and said that he might have trouble making it on Thursdays due to a new job (UPS). (Gratz to him!!!!)

I did capes and aura missions....not too hard, just a lot of running around. Gotta watch Survivor and the Apprentice tonight!
Old 09-16-2004, 07:07 PM   #82
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Aura missions?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-17-2004, 08:21 AM   #83
gi
College Prospect

Heard things went very well. Missions were actually challenging and people were dying. Sorry Aucoin wasn't there to save your butt. Tuesday I will be.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:30 AM   #84
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yep, you can get electric, glowy, etc. around your body, torso or fists. Just choose the other mission from the city representative in Atlas.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:11 AM   #85
C.J.
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Thank you! I'd like to have Trans catch up too. Then respec us all. Up to him. Tuesday Respec Trial then?

Did you say Trans? Can't respec until lvl 24....trans is only 20.
Trans isn't a good fit for this team. Aucoin has all the candy and health buffs to give out that trans would be useless in that area. And as far as damage buffs, we seem to do quite well with out them. Other than damage buffs, trans is quite useless (for now at least). Transference and fulcrum shift are when trans will be usefull.

As for Gail, now she rocks...being our only regular controller (from what I can tell), I love playing that character. BTW did anyone notice she changed tops last night?

hey, anyone want to see some screenshots of Cometflash's new cape. We worked so hard to get it for him, I figured I'd stick around and get some pix so he could show it off....

Comet Cape 1
Comet Cape 2
Comet Cape 3
Comet Cape 4
Old 09-17-2004, 09:46 AM   #86
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Wow. Just finished reading the boards at CoH. It seems as if you need the right mix of ATs at the same level for the respec trial. I don't consider our group a bunch of slouches and those people there seem pretty frickin whiny to me, but when they describe waves of +3 bosses for the highest level character coming at you, I see a lot of debt coming my way. Hopefully they'll change this by Tuesday.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:35 AM   #87
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah I start my new job on Monday and will probably only be able to play until 10 pm on thursdays. I also have been missing tuesdays because of class. Oh well, hopefully you guys can handle the respec trial w/o me. Also, I think that there is a lvl range for it so a 30+ guy cant do it with a lvl 24, but I am not sure. Hopefully it will work out.

I dont really understand the reverse sidekicking thing. Does it keep SO enhancements in your powers that you still have. Because I noticed that I had never dipped below 75% on my end bar. Witch never would have happened when I was Lvl 24.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:51 AM   #88
Bonegavel

According to devs, when you reverse sidekick you keep your SOs and they are scaled down but still more powerful than if you were just at the new level.

Last night was fun. Wish i could have stayed for comet's caping. Had to get up at 5:30 this morning. Probably going to be on tonight and give update 2 another work out. The bitching on the CoH forums is almost out of control and is funny to read.

Well done Comet!
Old 09-17-2004, 11:03 AM   #89
C.J.
n00b

Yeah, those CoH boards are ridiculous sometimes.
Soooo many people out there whining about things. First they all say they want mobs to be more challenging. And then when they make them more challenging everyone says its too hard.

I actually enjoyed getting defeated a few times last night, and being imobilized on numerous occasions. The debt wasn't too bad, and honestly the XP payoff was quite sizeable overall.

I learned something though failing the cape mission a few times before we did it last night. That time capsule has to be protected....every time I've failed it before last night it was because the team was casually fighting mobs from the outside in, and not paying attention to the capsule. Gail's hurricane seemed to do the trick, as it kept villans away from the capsule while all our talented damage dealers took care of business. Now that's teamwork at it's best, which is why the cape mission went so well for us. I think we could easily do the respec trial with this group.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:05 AM   #90
Bonegavel

Can't wait to respec AC. They should fix the rikti damage bug by then. I may even try to solo it this weekend.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:05 AM   #91
Thomkal
Head Coach

Big thanks to Hangfire, Virus, and especially Gail for staying to help Comet get his cape. Those pics rock!

You'll notice you can have different colors on the outside of the cape and the inside of the cape. I was going to go all sickenly neon green, but I spared you, and only have it on the inside. You have a choice of three different clasps (don't think that's the right word, but its how the cape is attached to your costume), numerous brooches to connect the clasps (which I didn't use because it didn't look good on Comet's costume), and different lengths and styles of your cape. Many of the same designs you use on your costume can be used on the cape as well.

My excitement over the cape was tempered somewhat when I came out of Icon and saw two other characters with exactly the same cape and pattern. At least they had different colors.

Comet now officially looks cooler than the rest of you!

I think during our "off days" until Tuesday, we should get our "middies" together and go through the Hollows missions. I really liked how the outcast mobs were actually using superpowers there. That (along with the lack of different mission interiors) was my biggest beef with COH in the beginning because I felt it was stupid to not have newbies get the chance to fight somebody with superpowers early on. Now that I can do that though, it does make even minions a bit tough to take on.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:27 PM   #92
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

The debt I have was worth the missions last night, I'm probably going to go back and do missions now because they will be challenging, have decent xp, and frankly I'm unsure if Hangfire can actually hunt on his own anymore.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:32 PM   #93
C.J.
n00b

Hey, did anyone read somewhere that having a cape will be more than a visual bonus at some point? I thought I read that it can be used down the road to enhance powers or abilities.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #94
gi
College Prospect

Last I heard the idea of capes doing more is being tossed around. Maybe for the 3rd big patch/upgrade.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:55 PM   #95
Bad-example
College Starter

I currently have 4 scrappers I am toying with, trying to find a build I like.

DM/Invul - Good for bosses and lts...hangs in fights very well, but frequently in danger of running outta gas.

DM/Regen - Can't hang in fights as long as the Invul build.

Katana/Regen - Seems like a decent combo so far...has trouble with bosses.

Spines/Regen - Just played this one a little last night...too soon to get a read on this one.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:50 PM   #96
Bonegavel

For what it's worth BE, I love my claws/regen. He was tough going (probably due to my inexperience more than anything) until the early 20s. The 5% criticals have been a godsend (all scrappers have this) and there is just something about mixing it up face-to-face that is awesome. Doesn't hurt that I am a big fan of Wolverine.

The devs really seem to be doing good things for each AT (archetype) that are "gimped" and i hope they can differentiate all of them enough to make them worth leveling to 50 (as I hope to do one day). Super Strength got some love this last Update and all tanker and defender attack powers received a endurance reduction which is a nice little tweak.

I'm going to be on tonight and with the new reverse sidekicking I don't think it matters which character you bring to the party.

Was enjoying the new UI update and found a decent chat window setup that features 1 window only with tabs to seprate the messages. Combat has a tab, as does SG-Team chat, local-broadcast-request, etc. You can still miss messages as only team chat has an audible tone, but I don't miss all the spam but can easily access it if i need.

See you tonight!

Last edited by Bonegavel : 09-17-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:29 PM   #97
Bad-example
College Starter

Thanks for the feedback BG. I created a Claws/Invul scrapper to toy with a bit. That one attack animation is pretty funny...looks like I am winding up to throw a fastball heh. A little more research and I will be ready to start levelling one of my guys.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Old 09-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #98
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, that mission was hard, and we didn't finish it. I'm about done for tonight. Gotta make the wife happy. It was a sense of accomplishment when we finally beat the boss in the room, but oy, I died twice, PV died once (or twice), and I think Albino Claw bit it. Thankfully, Don came to the rescue.

I could level if I played this weekend a bit, but I think I'll hold off to level until during the respec trial. I think that way, PV, AC, and I will all be level 32 as opposed to bringing +3 level 33s into the missions.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:42 AM   #99
Bad-example
College Starter

I decided to try playing a katana/regen scrapper. Dancing Steel is now available for lowbie action...just hit level 5.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:29 AM   #100
C.J.
n00b

respec

Gail-Force should be on for respec mission on tuesday.
Funny thing is I'm only changing one thing....taking out Propel and replacing with Crush. Yeah, no more flying forklifts...buh-bye. Helped in the lower levels when I could actually solo a few missions, but somewhat useless now. Besides, I'd rather trade it in for a power that is more useful to a controller. Crush is actually a hold power, whereas propel isn't.