Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #51
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
*** Note to self... abandon Nazi storyline. Revert to more original material, like Canadian world domination. ***

HAHA. Well, it's great if well done and it fits: say, in a dynasty about time travel. But it seems really shoehorned into a Star Trek series where the writers are over their head to begin with.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #52
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Noted.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:54 PM   #53
Franklinnoble
Banned

Essen, Germany
September, 1945

Friedrich Krupp AG was the one of the world's largest producer of steel and military munitions leading up to and during World War II. Their factories produced everything from artillery to naval ships, and the entire city of Essen was essentially a gigantic industrial compound owned and operated by Krupp.

The Allies had bombed Essen repeatedly during the war, but the factories kept running, helped largely by forced labor. As the war dragged on, the use of slave workers increased, and their output of artillery, tanks, and other weapons continued to keep the German army well armed. Because of the delayed entry of the United States and Russia into the war, Krupp had managed to fortify its operation, making its critical resources redundant or completely impervious to bombing. Anti-aircraft guns surrounded Essen, and the Luftwaffe took great measures to protect the anvil of the Reich.

It was an obvious target, and Franklin should have just stuck with "Plan A." But Oscar didn't want to unleash unconventional explosives on the Germans, so they went with "Plan B." And now he was a prisoner of the Krupp works police, tied to a chair in a dark prison cell, recovering from another brutal interrogation. It had been three days since he was captured inside one of firm's factories. Nobody but Oscar even knew he was in Germany, and Franklin wasn't even sure if Oscar was still alive.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:04 AM   #54
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Thanks Franklinnoble.
I have just printed all 59 pages of your “Escape to Yesterday” dynasty. With my wife pregnant an almost sleeping when I get home from work and my interest in Olympic waterpolo ad an all time low I now know what to do tonight.

I really enjoy the story. This is FOF dynasty at its best.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:09 AM   #55
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK
Thanks Franklinnoble.
I have just printed all 59 pages of your “Escape to Yesterday” dynasty. With my wife pregnant an almost sleeping when I get home from work and my interest in Olympic waterpolo ad an all time low I now know what to do tonight.

I really enjoy the story. This is FOF dynasty at its best.
Wow... thanks!

It's feedback like this that keeps me going...

Just as an aside... my wife is pregnant, too... and she's 100% Scandinavian.

Last edited by Franklinnoble : 08-19-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #56
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm 50% redneck and 50% trailertrash, so it works out well.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #57
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'm 50% redneck and 50% trailertrash, so it works out well.

Nice pedigree... are you a current or former President of the United States?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:05 PM   #58
StanGunner
Mascot

Come on everyone, more feedback for Franklin! We need him to keep up the frequent updates.

Now if you could tie Kodos in some how and keep the Dallas Cowboys from ever forming a team the future would be bright indeed.
StanGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #59
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Nice pedigree... are you a current or former President of the United States?

No, but I have applied for the head coaching position of your Washington Redskins.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:07 PM   #60
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
No, but I have applied for the head coaching position of your Washington Redskins.

You callin' Joe Gibbs a redneck?

For shame.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #61
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGunner
Come on everyone, more feedback for Franklin! We need him to keep up the frequent updates.

Now if you could tie Kodos in some how and keep the Dallas Cowboys from ever forming a team the future would be bright indeed.

Actually, the updates are coming because I've finally settled into a "normal" job where I can work on the story throughout the day.

The Cowboys are already a part of the league - one of the drawbacks of FOF2K4 (that I hope is addressed in a future version) is that there are no customizeable league sizes or expansion.... so I was stuck with 32 teams out of the gate. And, honestly, as much as I hate the Cowboys, I enjoy the rivalry, so I'd probably keep them around anyway.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:04 PM   #62
Franklinnoble
Banned

Essen, Germany
September, 1945

Albert Schultz was the son of a diplomat who had been assigned to the German embassy in Washington, D.C. prior to the rise of the Third Reich. He spent most of his childhood in the United States, and was educated at the University of Maryland, where he studied to become an engineer. His uncle was a foreman at one of the Krupp factories in Essen, and it was his father's plan that he complete his degree and then return to his homeland to work for Krupp.

Schultz never wanted to leave the U.S. While the Great Depression made things bad in America, they were far worse in Germany. But when his father was removed from his position in the embassy, the only thing that kept him in the U.S. was the fact that he was still in school, living off his athletic scholarship. Work would be nearly impossible to find after he graduated, and he would have to yield to his father's wishes.

In the spring of 1932, Schultz graduated, and was resigned to his fate. Then he received a telegram that granted him an unexpected reprieve:

Quote:
TO: ALBERT SCHULTZ

MR. SCHULTZ

THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS HAVE SELECTED YOU WITH THE 32ND PICK OF THE 7TH ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT STOP PLEASE REPORT TO REDSKINS PARK IN ASHBURN, VIRGINIA ON JULY 15 FOR MINI-CAMP STOP KINDLY HAVE YOUR AGENT CONTACT OUR OFFICE REGARDING YOUR CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS STOP

CEDRIC FLEES
DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL
WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Schultz had been the starting running back for the University of Maryland football team his senior season, but had not expected to be drafted into the NFL. The Washington Redskins were the reigning Super Bowl Champions and weren't in desperate need of any help, so they had selected a local favorite with the final pick of the draft.

The Redskins signed him to a three year contract, during which Schultz saw limited playing time, mostly on special teams. At the end of his contract, he was not re-signed, and did not receive any offers from any other teams. With his brief career over, Schultz reluctantly returned to Germany and went to work for Krupp.

He had met Redskins owner Franklin Brown on several occassions during his time with the team, but after he left the country, he never expected to see him again. Germany went to war, and Schultz was kept busy with the design and manufacture of artillery barrells. Now, more than ten years after his last game as a Redskin, Schultz had seen his former employer again - in Essen, being dragged away from one of the factories in shackles by the Krupp Works Police.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #63
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
You callin' Joe Gibbs a redneck?

For shame.

You're right. I'm over qualified. I should apply for GM.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #64
Franklinnoble
Banned

Essen, Germany
September, 1945

Albert Schultz had convinced his superiors and the chief of the Krupp Works Police to allow him to personally interrogate the prisoner before he was to be executed. After all, he was likely an American, and Schultz had spent most of his life in the United States. Perhaps he could get through to him and find out what his mission was and who had sent him.

Schultz entered Franklin's cell accompanied by one armed guard. Franklin was still chained to a wooden chair, and did not appear to recognize him. Schultz turned to the guard and asked, "Sprache sie Englische?"

The guard replied, "Nein"

That was good. This would have been a short conversation had the guard been able to understand what they were saying. Albert spoke to Franklin, "Hello, Mr. Brown. You probably don't remember me. My name is Albert Schultz. I played for you back in the early 30's. Please don't give the guard any impression that you recognize me."

It was very difficult for Franklin to keep his jaw off the floor and his eyes from going wide. What the hell were the chances of this? In a low, even tone, he replied, "I do remember you, Albert. You were "Mr. Irrelevant" in 1932. What are you doing here?"

"I don't have time to explain. I work for Krupp, but I wish to help you. They plan to execute you tomorrow."

"Can you get a key to this place? Or get me past the guards here? If I can get out in the open, I'm pretty sure I can manage the rest on my own."

"I have access to explosives. I will need a diversion."

"I can help with that. In the factory I was caught in, there is a very small device attached to the back side of the large press on the west side of the building. I did not have a chance to arm it. It is a small disc, with a red button in the center. Press the button, and I will be able to create your diversion."

"How?"

"I'll explain that later. Just head straight here from the factory. There will be a large explosion. You may still have to kill a few guards. Do you have a pistol?"

"I have many pistols."

"Good. Bring two. I'll handle the rest once you get me out of here."

"Alright. What should I tell my superiors? The will ask what we talked about."

"Tell them I told you that I am an American reporter. They won't believe it, but they will believe that is what I told you."

"Very well. I will go to the factory tonight. Will you know when I have armed the device?"

"Yes. One more thing; there was another man captured with me. Is he being held here as well?"

"I am afraid not. He attempted to escape during interrogation and was shot."

Franklin paused for a moment. There might still be hope. "It is very important that I see his remains before we leave."

Albert shook his head. "He will have been creamated by now, just as they dispose of the slaves who die here every day."
Old 08-23-2004, 06:07 PM   #65
Franklinnoble
Banned

Essen, Germany
September, 1945

Later that night, Albert put on his heavy wool coat and took a walk towards the factory. He had to be careful - the factories ran night and day, and he carried a clipboard with him to make it appear as if he was taking inventory along the way.

He reached the press where Franklin had planted his device. It was sitting about waist high, between the press and the wall. Albert pressed the button to activate it, and continued his inspection of the factory, just to maintain appearances. He left, and walked towards the police station.

Inside his cell, Franklin watched the heads-up display generated by his suit. It was tattered and torn (although he could have let it self-repair at any time), but still was able to connect him to the explosives he had started to plant throughout the Krupp compound.

He had actually armed several of them already, but had been caught before arming the last one that Albert had just activated. He could not detect any of Oscar's explosives - Oscar had entered the Krupp compound after Franklin had, and had been caught almost immediately. Oscar had radioed Franklin frantically as he was taken - telling him to be sure that nothing fell into the hands of the Germans. Then the radio went silent - Oscar had disintigrated his earpiece. Franklin did the same, then heard a few explosions across the compound - Oscar must have gotten some of them off. Franklin figured on planting the last of his explosives before trying to free Oscar. But the Krupp police went on full alert, and had located him before he could get much further.

Now the last explosive had come online, and it was time to get out of here. He would blow as much of this place sky-high, and then come back for more if he had to. He wouldn't let Oscar's death be in vain.

Franklin gave Albert a few minutes to get clear of the factory, then set off the charges. All over the Krupp industrial compound, factories began to shudder and collapse under the devastating power of the micro-fusion bombs that Oscar had designed. Alarms began to sound, and guards and factory workers scrambled about.

Albert entered the police station as most of the police men ran out. He walked purposefully towards the detention center, and the guard at the main security booth asked him what his business was. Albert answered with two shots from one of his Mauser pistols, and grabbed the guard's keys. He ran back to Franklin's cell, and released him.

Franklin stood up and stretched for the first time in days. "Thanks, Albert. Let's get out of here."

"I can't leave. I have a wife and child in Austria. The Nazis will know I'm missing, and my loved ones will pay."

"Albert, I have a plane hidden just three miles from here. I can fly us to Austria to get your family, and bring all of you back to the U.S. with me."

"That's impossible. Your plane will hardly have enough fuel to return to Great Britain"

"Trust me, Albert. This is no ordinary plane."

Albert handed him one of his pistols and said, "Fine. We need to hurry. It'll take us a while to run three miles."

Franklin shook his head. "Screw that, we'll steal a car or something. They'll catch us too soon otherwise."

Franklin found a truck parked about a block from the police station, and drove it to where he had hidden the B-17 - in the middle of a forest outside the city. As he and Albert boarded the plane, Albert asked, "How do you get this thing in and out of here with all these trees around?"

Franklin answered, "Like this." He sat down in the cockpit and flipped on the ignition. The fusion core came to life with a deep hum, and then the plane ascended straight up out of the forest.

Albert looked stunned. "You're right. This is no ordinary plane."

Franklin scowled as he brought the weapons console online. "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

Oscar had insisted that they not use unconventional weapons against the Germans - it could have dangerous consequences on the timeline (which had already been screwed up enough). Franklin decided it was time to bend the rules a bit. He punched in the command that switched the .50mm nose cannon from conventional ammuntion to explosive armor-piercing shells. He then targeted the first of several Krupp factories still undamaged from the earlier explosions, and pulled the trigger.

At a rate of over 8,000 rounds per minute, the explosive shells made short work of most of the manufacturing capacity of Friedrich Krupp AG. The effect was swift and devastating, with thousands of explosions lighting up the entire compound almost simultaneously.

With his strafing run complete, Franklin pointed the B-17 towards Austria. He would have to do a lot of explaining to Albert along the way.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:35 PM   #66
Dawgfan1980
H.S. Freshman Team

God Bless Franklin

Last edited by Dawgfan1980 : 08-23-2004 at 10:36 PM.
Dawgfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:09 AM   #67
JeeberD
General Manager

Simply amazing work...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #68
Franklinnoble
Banned

Ashburn, VA
June, 1946

America dropped the first atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in May of 1946, and the Japanese immediately capitulated. Less than a month later, Berlin fell, and World War II was finally over. American troops would soon be on their way back home, and Franklin began planning for the NFL to resume operations in 1947 - it was too late to prepare for a season this fall.

Franklin had given Albert Schultz a home in Maryland and a generous reward for his help in Germany. He didn't tell Albert the truth about who he was or where he was from - he simply said that he had access to highly advanced experimental technology as an industrial scientist, and that he really couldn't tell him much more about it. Albert didn't press the matter. He was happy to be returning to the U.S. with his family.

Franklin was listening to the news of the German surrender on the radio and reading the Washington Post when he got the phone call. Reginald interrupted him.

"Sir, you have an urgent telephone call."

"Who is it?"

"Someone claiming to be Mr. Baines. I assumed it was a prank, and hung up on him the first time, but he called back, and was able to describe in some detail the grounds of the estate, and the fact that you prefer Romeo y Julieta cigars."

Franklin furrowed his brow. Oscar was creamated in Essen nearly 9 months ago. But nobody really knew who Oscar Baines was in this timeline. Who else could it possibly be? He picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Franklin! Thank God that damned butler of yours didn't hang up again. International phone calls are not an easy thing right now." It sure sounded like Oscar.

"Oscar? How the hell did you survive the furnace at Essen?"

"What are you talking about? Listen, I don't have much time on here. Do you think you can get the B-17 into Paris?"

"Sure. The commercial airport isn't really open for business yet, but I still know some people at Fort Meade. I can be there tonight."

"Great. I gotta get off this line. See you later."

Well, Franklin thought, this should make for an interesting story. He sounds pretty good for a guy that's supposed to be a pile of ashes.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:50 PM   #69
Franklinnoble
Banned

Paris
June, 1946

One of the latest improvements that Oscar Baines had engineered in the biomechanical nanomachines that he and Franklin posessed was carbon fiber skeletal augmentation. After the encounter with Nordberg in Berlin, Oscar had considered what Nordberg had said.

Too bad that idiot didn't aim for your head.

If Franklin had been shot in the head, he would have been killed, by most definitions. Sure, the nanomachines would have repaired the damage to his brain and skull, but it was unlikely that he'd be anything more than a vegetable after having a bullet blow through his dome. So, Oscar decided to take some preventive measures.

The internal nanomachines were programmed to create a microscopic carbon fiber lattice throughout their hosts skeleton. The process was completed over the course of a few weeks, without any noticeable side effect. The result? Franklin and Oscar's bones were virtually unbreakable.

When Oscar was captured at Essen, he had already set charges at several strategic locations, and he detonated them as he was taken into custody, in hopes that the diversion might give him an opportunity to escape. It did not, and he was thrown in a cell and interrogated.

After being brutally beaten by three Krupp policemen, Oscar spat in one of their faces, and called him a "sitzpinkler." This enraged the man, who promptly drew his pistol and shot Oscar four times in the chest, then once in the head, for good measure.

The bullet didn't penetrate his skull, but the impact of the shot gave Oscar a severe concussion and left him unconscious for four days. He appeared dead, as the nanomachines rushed to treat his brain injury and did not bother to repair his heart and lungs for the first six hours after he was shot.

Ordinarily, dead prisoners and enslaved jews and Russians were simply cremated at the Krupp compound. It was a clean, efficient way to dispose of the remains. However, one of Oscar's explosives was in fact planted at the creamatorium, and the dead were now being thrown in a mass grave made from an empty open pit coal mine.

Oscar laid buried with hundreds of dead bodies for four days before he regained consciousness in his horrific surroundings. He dug himself out and carefully surveyed the Krupp compound, realizing that Franklin had used the B-17 to finish the job, and was long gone.

With no clothes, no money, and reeking like a dead man, it was all Oscar could do to evade the Germans and make his way towards France. The winter was especially brutal, and he spent most of it camped out in a forest in the mountains outside Stuttgart. By spring, the German lines were falling back, and after France was liberated, Oscar finally made it to Paris.

Making a simple phone call hadn't been easy. He was a man without any real identity who had no business being in Europe, so it was not as if he could simply walk up to the nearest G.I. and ask him to radio Washington. When phone service was finally restored to parts of the city, Oscar had climed a telephone pole and tapped the line to make his call to Franklin.

The men had exchanged their stories of their escape from Essen on the flight back from Paris and were now enjoying cigars on the porch of Franklin's Ashburn estate. Oscar was planning to stay the night and then leave for his home in California the next day.

Oscar asked Franklin, "So, it's back to football for you now?"

Franklin nodded. "Yep. We'll take this fall off - not enough time to get players drafted for this year and all that. But we'll start again in '47."

"Well, it looks like things are back to normal. The Germans lost a lot of steam when Essen went down. I figured they'd have to surrender in under a year."

"Yeah, they did, but there might be one problem."

"What's that?" Oscar asked.

"You haven't heard? Adolph Hitler is still at-large."

Last edited by Franklinnoble : 08-24-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:59 PM   #70
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Oscar spat in one of their faces, and called him a "sitzpinkler." This enraged the man, who promptly drew his pistol and shot Oscar four times in the chest, then once in the head, for good measure.

Beautiful!

Old 08-24-2004, 01:01 PM   #71
Franklinnoble
Banned

Yeah, I've been trying to come up with a way to work "sitzpinkler" into the story for a couple of days now.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:26 PM   #72
AStott
Mascot

Finally got a chance to read this entire thread. I was half expecting you to do a combined Hearts of Iron/FOF2004 dynasty...
AStott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 06:48 PM   #73
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ironically, three new cousins have suddenly appeared beside me.

Last edited by Poli : 08-24-2004 at 06:48 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #74
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, of course we all know that in 1957 the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler.

SI

Old 08-26-2004, 12:03 PM   #75
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Well, of course we all know that in 1957 the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler.

SI

Fortunately, Hitler never acquires the Spear of Longinus in this timeline.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:16 PM   #76
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Phew. That was a close one

SI

Old 09-02-2004, 03:48 PM   #77
JeeberD
General Manager

Bumpsters

Old 09-02-2004, 04:05 PM   #78
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Bumpsters

I've been waiting for Cap to finish his draft file generator... fear not, updates will be coming soon.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #79
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Screw your blog, get back to this

SI

Old 09-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #80
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

why does the "Spear of Longinus" ring a bell?
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:15 PM   #81
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Screw your blog, get back to this

SI

Yeah, yeah. My creative batteries needed a little re-charging.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:16 PM   #82
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
why does the "Spear of Longinus" ring a bell?

It's a "Hellboy" movie reference... similar to SI's comment about Hitler dying in 1958.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #83
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, yeah. My creative batteries needed a little re-charging.

I hear that. We love the story but don't rush. Better to take your time and get it done on your own schedule than to get burned out and either muck it all up or quit. Any of us subscribed to the thread will know when you put up new updates

SI

Old 09-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #84
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

can't let this fall off page 1... we need an update, ladies man.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:44 PM   #85
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
can't let this fall off page 1... we need an update, ladies man.

Oh great, now Oscar's catch phrase is going to be "do it in the butt"

SI

Old 09-13-2004, 11:10 AM   #86
Franklinnoble
Banned

Sorry... wife was in the hospital all last week... kinda knocked me off schedule. I'll try to get an update done in the next day or so.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:09 PM   #87
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No pressure. I'll just kill a kitten a day until I see the update.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:18 PM   #88
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No pressure. I'll just kill a kitten a day until I see the update.

It's amazing what you can find when you google "kill" and "kitten" and while I could have gone with the picture of someone holding a gun to the cute kitty, I think this one says a lot more about AE and what he's threatening

SI

Old 09-13-2004, 01:57 PM   #89
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That about says it.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #90
Franklinnoble
Banned

I'm going to have to come up with a major plot twist on this dynasty...

... because I lost the original game file.

Never fear... I'll think of something.

In the meantime, AE can continue to do his part to control the stray kitten population...
Old 11-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #91
Poli
FOFC Survivor

DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!

AE ANGRY!!! AE SMASH!!!!

GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 11-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #92
Franklinnoble
Banned

Not to worry. Realistically, this dynasty wasn't that game-driven anyway... so it'll be a smooth recovery.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:10 PM   #93
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Not to worry. Realistically, this dynasty wasn't that game-driven anyway... so it'll be a smooth recovery.
Ok then. I suppose I'll just keep killing kittens then.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:56 AM   #94
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's good. I was about to say... I mean, sure there was game in the dynasty but it was much more plot driven. That said, you have to scrap some of what you were going to do and that sucks.

SI

Old 11-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #95
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I suppose I'll just keep killing kittens then.

"When masturbation's lost its fun
You're fucking lazy"

-Green Day

Old 11-23-2004, 02:34 AM   #96
Franklinnoble
Banned

I have come up with a new way to ressurect this dynasty.

I'll be using the new release of FOF and TCY to do it.

Stay tuned... if I'm not too busy tomorrow, I'll have something substantial posted here. You should be able to lay off the kittens...

Here's a few hints:

* Nordberg is dead, but he left something behind. Go back a few pages if you forgot. And Hitler is still at large (don't worry... after the next big plot device, I'm done using the Nazi storyline).

* There will be one more trip to the past, but it could be the last for our hero... as we know him.

* Franklin and Oscar will find a way to send a message back to the future.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:22 AM   #97
JeeberD
General Manager

Franklin is going to kill Jerry Jones as a young man and assume his identity!!!

Old 11-23-2004, 11:26 AM   #98
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Franklin is going to kill Jerry Jones as a young man and assume his identity!!!

Ugh... and play as the Cowboys?

No, I have something far worse in mind for our hero...
Old 11-23-2004, 05:30 PM   #99
Franklinnoble
Banned

Ashburn, VA
January 1, 1948
3 a.m., Eastern Standard Time

Franklin had gone to bed shortly after 1 a.m., following a New Year's Eve party held at Redskins Park. But he didn't sleep long.

He was immediately snapped to attention by an alarm set off by his internal nanomachines. They were connected to his surveillance equipment in his laboratory, and were programmed to wake him with a quick shot of adrenaline in case of emergency. Something was very wrong.

He rushed to the lab, where the main wall monitor displayed what had set off the alarm. There were hundreds of inbound missiles headed towards every major city in North America and Europe. Some had been launched from Siberia, others from Africa, and others from Mexico. They were moving low and fast, and had already begun to strike the closer targets. His satellites were only able to stop a handful of them, as they were not orbital projectiles.

"Good lord..."

He hit the button to open a channel to Oscar Baines. There was no answer. The screen indicated that most of Northern California would be struck at about the same time as the Mid-Atlantic - in about 10 minutes. It was just after midnight on the West coast - Oscar was likely out at a New Year's Eve party, and wouldn't know what hit him.

There wasn't time to think. The Ashburn facility had anti-ballistic defensive measures, but that wouldn't keep out the radiation. There would be no fewer than a dozen nuclear warheads exploding over Washington, D.C. in just a few minutes. There was nothing Franklin could do to stop it.

He ran out to the hangar and fired up the B-17. He was 200 miles over the Atlantic when the nation's capitol was incinerated.

Over the next 45 minutes, his satellites reported the results: It was total armageddon. The only major city that was spared was Berlin. The culprit was obvious.

Suddenly, the north Atlantic satellite reported an incoming transmission. Franklin patched it through.

"Who is this?" He demanded.

"I should ask you the same thing." The accent was German. But the voice was not familiar.

"My name is Franklin Brown. You've obviously discovered my satellites, and I assume you are the one who has just unleashed a total nuclear holocaust upon the entire globe. Congratulations. The planet is yours, for whatever it's worth now."

"Do not worry, Mr. Brown. My nuclear warheads are remarkably clean. The death toll will be enormous, but the radiation contaminiation should be manageably low, especially with the technology at my disposal."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Colonel Lukas Weiss. I was a special operations officer in the Third Reich. I am sure you were expecting Herr Nordberg."

So, this bastard knew who Nordberg was, and obviously got the technology from him. "No, I took care of Nordberg personally. Obviously I should have been more thorough."

"Obviously. Mr. Nordberg left something behind for me - something that I have now used to correct Germany's defeat. Herr Hitler is most pleased. Tell me... why does your satellite tell me that you are over the middle of the ocean?"

Shit! He's hacked the satellite! There's not much time...

Franklin cut off the transmission and engaged the B-17's stealth mode. It would still be possible for Weiss to find him, when he figured out the rest of the satellite's operational capacity - which meant he could shoot him down, too. There was only one option left. Franklin engaged the hyperjet and headed for the South Pole. Antarctica was the one area on the planet lacking continuous satellite coverage - it would buy him a few minutes.

It was all he needed. Weiss began to adjust the satellite's orbit just as Franklin completed the calculations for the quantum gate. He would go back again and solve this problem once and for all.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:59 PM   #100
Poli
FOFC Survivor

WOO!