Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2003, 12:03 PM   #51
cuervo72
Head Coach

Tallahassee Tentacles

Progression for the Tentacles. I'm guessing the adoption of a real logo was popular, particularly in Gainesville.

cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 03:10 PM   #52
cuervo72
Head Coach

Georgia Rabble ousers

The Rabble Rousers was one of the earlier helmets I put together, with inspiration from the board. The inspiration for it's color scheme is pretty obvious.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:23 PM   #53
Buzzbee
College Starter

Re: Georgia Rabble ousers

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72
The Rabble Rousers was one of the earlier helmets I put together, with inspiration from the board. The inspiration for it's color scheme is pretty obvious.

Is that PINK on the Rabble-Rousers 1990 helmet?!?!?!? The Georgia contingent STRONGLY suggests that you either remove the pink from the 1990 helmet, OR have the current 1990 helmet with the caption "1990 - Jan." and have an additional helmet, minus the pink, with the caption "1990 - Feb."

Harrrrumph!!

Last edited by Buzzbee : 09-24-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Buzzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:22 PM   #54
cuervo72
Head Coach

Re: Re: Georgia Rabble ousers

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzbee
Is that PINK on the Rabble-Rousers 1990 helmet?!?!?!? The Georgia contingent STRONGLY suggests that you either remove the pink from the 1990 helmet, OR have the current 1990 helmet with the caption "1990 - Jan." and have an additional helmet, minus the pink, with the caption "1990 - Feb."

Harrrrumph!!

Sigh.....Yes, I suppose there is a little pink on there. The original horns that I found had a glossy look to them, but were more orange overall. I tried to make the color more reddish, but the rest became pinkish. The R's are a gradient from red to white, which pretty much means that there is going to be some pink in there. I can try to make the gradient red to yellow, but that might make the overall effect more orange. Or I could just carry over the "old" logo. I'll see what I can do.

BTW....Georgia was the first team I played in my inaugural season....(I'll let you know the results later).
Old 09-24-2003, 08:35 PM   #55
Buzzbee
College Starter

Just bustin' your chops. Georgia boys can play football in chartreuse if we have to. Well, except last weekend:

Ga. Tech 3 - Clemson 39 (ouch!)
Georgia 10 - LSU 17
Atlanta Falcons 10 - Tampa Bay 31
Old 09-24-2003, 09:13 PM   #56
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Just bustin' your chops. Georgia boys can play football in chartreuse if we have to. Well, except last weekend:

Ga. Tech 3 - Clemson 39 (ouch!)
Georgia 10 - LSU 17
Atlanta Falcons 10 - Tampa Bay 31

Well, we'll leave pink to Ft. Lauderdale. Here is the reworked 1990 helmet.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:52 PM   #57
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ft. Lauderdale Flamingos

Speaking of the pinkies...here's the history for the Flamingos. I was happy with the logo, and just played with the facemasks (and made the green line a little more vibrant in the last version). The green will be their predominant uniform color, btw.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM   #58
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

The dates are messed up for the Locomotives.

1970-1982, 1985-1995, 1992-
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #59
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by TargetPractice6
The dates are messed up for the Locomotives.

1970-1982, 1985-1995, 1992-

Good eye - I did mess that up. I noticed it this morning but forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #60
cuervo72
Head Coach

Columbus Explorers

Well, I decided to go with the "alternative" logo for the Explorers, as I wasn't really satisfied with the other one. This led to the first helmet tha remained unchanged from 1970.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:41 PM   #61
cuervo72
Head Coach

Tacoma Sea Dogs

Here is the progression for the Tacoma Sea Dogs. Note they are NO LONGER IN PORTLAND. I like the logo, so that stayed the same. I borrowed from the Dallas Cowboys for a stripe variation.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:10 AM   #62
cuervo72
Head Coach

Lexington Minutemen

Nothing much to change with the Minutemen, I think their helmet style is just fine how it is, so nothing besides a facemask coloration going on.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #63
cuervo72
Head Coach

Albany Dukes

Not much to change with the Dukes either. There is a multitide of posibilities by mixing up the red/yellow/blue combos, but I kept that to a relative minimum. Another nice, clean, white helmet that didn't need many changes.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #64
cuervo72
Head Coach

Atlantic City Gamblers

Ahh, the Gamblers. Two previous tries with cards on the helmet just didn't work for me, so I went back to the drawing board. The result is a Jets-like football shaped design. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than the other two attempts.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:19 AM   #65
cuervo72
Head Coach

Harrisburg Hillbillies

Another uneventful transition - nothing more than a facemask change for the country boys.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:27 AM   #66
KevinNU7
College Starter

Re: Tallahassee Tentacles

Quote:
Progression for the Tentacles. I'm guessing the adoption of a real logo was popular, particularly in Gainesville.
I don't mind the helmet from 78 but it looks like it would get a lot of flack in the 90's and today. How about an octapus laying in a circle on the helmet? So it kinda looks like the Sun logo but when you look closer you realize that all the legs are slightly bent and there's a solid circle in the middle for the top of the head.

I'd show you what I mean but I'm terrible at drawing on a computer.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:41 AM   #67
cuervo72
Head Coach

Re: Re: Tallahassee Tentacles

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinNU7
I don't mind the helmet from 78 but it looks like it would get a lot of flack in the 90's and today. How about an octapus laying in a circle on the helmet? So it kinda looks like the Sun logo but when you look closer you realize that all the legs are slightly bent and there's a solid circle in the middle for the top of the head.

I'd show you what I mean but I'm terrible at drawing on a computer.

Well, if anything, I would replace it with a squid (The Tallahasee Tentacles - They're Colossal!). I'm a big fan of the Purple Tentacle though, so I'm inclined to keep him, even if the logo doesn't fit (I agree, it doesn't have that current edginess to it, even if it is an angry tentacle). But who knows, when I get that far into my dynasty I might be more willing to redesign it.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:20 AM   #68
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ohio Weavers

Brought to you by the design firm behind the Astros rainbow uniforms and White Sox game shorts.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:34 AM   #69
cuervo72
Head Coach

Tucson Anasazi

I touched this one up a little bit, making the kokopeli smaller and giving him a border. I chose to stick with the purple-ish helmet.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:50 AM   #70
cuervo72
Head Coach

Louisville Archers

Going rapid fire today! Here are the Archers, who basically had a major trim change.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #71
cuervo72
Head Coach

Little Rock Diamonds

I had to add stripes to this helmet, it just looked too plain without them. I touched up the diamond logo a bit, though I don't know if it makes too much of a difference.

This should leave just one more to do.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #72
Buzzbee
College Starter

Re: Ohio Weavers

Quote:
Brought to you by the design firm behind the Astros rainbow uniforms and White Sox game shorts.

Are you sure this wasn't designed by Ms. Johnson's 3rd grade class? Oh wait, the Astros rainbows WERE designed by Ms. Johnson's 3rd grade class.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:24 PM   #73
Buzzbee
College Starter

Re: Louisville Archers

Quote:
Going rapid fire today! Here are the Archers, who basically had a major trim change.

I suggest changing the color of the bow and arrow on the last helmet. Hard to pick up the black on the dark green.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #74
cuervo72
Head Coach

Re: Re: Louisville Archers

Quote:
I suggest changing the color of the bow and arrow on the last helmet. Hard to pick up the black on the dark green.

Yeah, I had thought about that...problem is, there isn't really another color that I like too well. Here it is with a little drop shadowing, and less of a shadow effect on the back of the helmet.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:49 PM   #75
Buzzbee
College Starter

Better.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:02 PM   #76
cuervo72
Head Coach

Michigan Cruisers

Well, here's the last one (besides thinking about redoing the RI Reds, and working on other misc helmets). I whipped through these pretty quickly (slow at work ). Now - time to play some games!
Old 09-25-2003, 02:08 PM   #77
Buzzbee
College Starter

Yeah, definitely re-do the Reds.

Suggestion - For '70-'80 have a plain red helmet. No logo, or maybe the word REDS in plain white letters. Perhaps "bowed" like the Bengals used to be.

{edit: you could outline the plain white letters with a third uniform color.}

Last edited by Buzzbee : 09-25-2003 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:12 PM   #78
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, definitely re-do the Reds.

Suggestion - For '70-'80 have a plain red helmet. No logo, or maybe the word REDS in plain white letters. Perhaps "bowed" like the Bengals used to be.

{edit: you could outline the plain white letters with a third uniform color.}

Hmm, not a bad idea. Would I then move the silver/whole bird up into the 90s?
Old 09-25-2003, 02:14 PM   #79
Buzzbee
College Starter

That's what I'm thinking. More of a "modern" look.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:15 PM   #80
Buzzbee
College Starter

You might even go from a Red background on helmet one, to a White background on helmet 2 (with full bird), to a grey/pewter/metallic background (with full bird) on 3.

{edited to add "with full bird"}

Last edited by Buzzbee : 09-25-2003 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #81
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
You might even go from a Red background on helmet one, to a White background on helmet 2 (with full bird), to a grey/pewter/metallic background (with full bird) on 3.

Here's a revamped progression that I think will go over a lot better. I kept the "REDS" for two helmets though, as I had already done one on silver before I read this.
Old 09-25-2003, 02:58 PM   #82
Buzzbee
College Starter

Cool.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #83
Suicane75
Coordinator

Cuervo, basicaly what Im doing is making Background pages for all your teams as I did for my USFL & CFL teams so the bigger logos would really help me fill out space heh. Ive already started on the uniforms for all the teams. how big are all the logos if their zipped? I have no idea what the file size posting limit is for one file or if you could maybe just start a thread for the logos only that would be sweet. On another note, I dont know if you've taken it this far or would even want to but do you have any idea what Stadiums your teams use?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 07:19 AM   #84
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Suicane75
Cuervo, basicaly what Im doing is making Background pages for all your teams as I did for my USFL & CFL teams so the bigger logos would really help me fill out space heh. Ive already started on the uniforms for all the teams. how big are all the logos if their zipped? I have no idea what the file size posting limit is for one file or if you could maybe just start a thread for the logos only that would be sweet. On another note, I dont know if you've taken it this far or would even want to but do you have any idea what Stadiums your teams use?

Whoa...that's taking it a step further. I'm guessing you're just making one set per team though. I'll be eager to see what you come up with. I had thought of doing this, but wanted to find a better uniform template (I did, but it is expressly copywrited, so I don't know about using it). I hadn't thought about the stadiums.

What format would you need the logos in? Mine are stored in photoshop, but it would be easy to export them as gif/jpg/bmp. I could post them in a thread, or if there is room I could post them to a site that RendeR is setting up for my helmets. Also, the logos vary in size; what would be the preferred size for your background?
Old 09-26-2003, 08:06 AM   #85
Suicane75
Coordinator

Actually Im thinking of making anough to cover all the different progressions each team goes thru but all I'd have to do is change the helmets and uniforms on the background. I have no preference for the logo sizes, i just like to sort of stick them on my background around the uniforms, helmets whatever. My uniform template is very basic, It's just the things ya see on the other pics i posted. Id show ya but I have no idea how to add attachment on here and im too damn tired to upload to my fortune city account, heh.
One last thing id like to beg for, on my backgrounds I like to write the team names in different fonts, anyone have good fonts that sort of relate to the individual teams? The logo format, jpg is fine cause i can just copy and paste or convert back to bmp and jpg is also much smaller.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:16 AM   #86
cuervo72
Head Coach

That's a lot of different uniforms! I'll see what I can do with the logos. I can look up your URL from the other thread to take a look at your images again. As for the team names....well, I unfortunately don't have very many good fonts either. So most of my logos don't have text with them.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:36 AM   #87
KevinNU7
College Starter

This thing is getting advanced!
Old 09-26-2003, 08:50 AM   #88
cuervo72
Head Coach

No kidding Maybe we can work a deal with Jim to have helmets, etc worked into FOF5
Old 09-26-2003, 11:59 AM   #89
cuervo72
Head Coach

For those interested, I've started my dynasty in earnest.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:46 AM   #90
Suicane75
Coordinator

Basicaly what I do is set up my background as a 1024x768 blank sheet and add in helmets, logos, uniforms, stadiums, the team name, gives alot more immersion into the game for me while im sitting there stareing at it for hours. These were the first uniforms i did cause they came first alphabeticly. Ignore the puke green background, I remove that when i copy and paste them on to my background.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:53 AM   #91
Suicane75
Coordinator

My first Dola, i could cry.
I just finished my 6 year run as Arizona Cardinals GM in FOF2K1 and we're moving to Houston next year so I had to make a background image for the new Houston Cardinals, I noticed that the helmet images Jim provides would work pretty good for what your doing. So if you wanna take these and redesign them in your teams images be my guest.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:57 AM   #92
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Re: Atlantic City Gamblers

Quote:
Ahh, the Gamblers. Two previous tries with cards on the helmet just didn't work for me, so I went back to the drawing board. The result is a Jets-like football shaped design. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than the other two attempts.

Just caught up reading. That new AC Gamblers is definitely better than the old one...

Still like those Vampires a lot though...

Great thread !
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 03:50 PM   #93
Vince
Pro Starter

Again, excellent work Cuervo.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #94
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Suicane75
My first Dola, i could cry.
I just finished my 6 year run as Arizona Cardinals GM in FOF2K1 and we're moving to Houston next year so I had to make a background image for the new Houston Cardinals, I noticed that the helmet images Jim provides would work pretty good for what your doing. So if you wanna take these and redesign them in your teams images be my guest.

If that's one of the ones Jim provides, it looks like it's pretty much from the same template as the one's I've been using. The Helmets, Helmets, Helmets ones were from a stock image set at around 55% of the original size. I've been able to get a few originals from thesle.com (Sport Logo Encyclopedia), and they're fantastic.

I've dumped most of the helmets that I'll be using for my dynasty to the site at http://cuervo72.majecc.net/ . I will start putting some of the logos up there too.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:33 AM   #95
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by cincyreds

1. Philadelphia Stompers (In the 12 years that had my semi-pro league they won 5 of the 12 championships, making it to 6 league championship games overall). Colors were (Hunter green, silver, with brown trim).

Well, it took a while, but here's what I came up with for the Stompers:

Old 09-29-2003, 02:04 PM   #96
cuervo72
Head Coach

Logos. About half of them so far, anyway.