Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2003, 10:12 PM   #51
Havok
College Starter

Divison Overhaul

Well, i won't be playing PoBOXTeam tommarrow. My divison just got cleaned out. We have 4 new teams now, which is a good thing in my book. I've already sent all 4 of them messages welcoming them and telling them to stop by the FOFC boards if they need help. I think a big problem with Hattrick is people get confused when they start because the rules section only tells you the basics. Then they just get frustrated and quit. So hopfully a couple of them will stick around and get addicted to Hattrick like the rest of us.

This is good news for my FOFC cup run. I will probally not need to play my starters again for the next 5 weeks and maybe even 6 weeks. So i might make it pretty dam far in the FOFC cup. We'll see, i kinda feel bad playing my starters vs other peoples back-ups because it was done to me 3 out of the 5 FOFC Cup games i played last year.

we'll see what happens.....

Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 10:40 PM   #52
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Slaughter them! These are misfitz, not some nice do good two shoers. Throw away the lucky charms and let the milk rot on their graves!

Good Luck in the Cup!
Old 08-30-2003, 10:58 PM   #53
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Slaughter them! These are misfitz, not some nice do good two shoers. Throw away the lucky charms and let the milk rot on their graves!

lol

well said Afoci.... well said!
Old 08-31-2003, 09:11 PM   #54
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 6

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - The Minnesota SnowDrifts

Well, so much for playing PoBOXTeam 1 more time. They changed ownership last night. They are now "The Minnesota SnowDrifts". The owner is yet to log in yet unfortunetly so this should be a serious beat down. I debated playing my back-ups but since the FOFC cup doesn't start till next week. I'd rather have my starters get the experiance. I was hoping for my first ever league game sellout of my new arena today, but now that im playing a new team im not so sure. My supporters are high on life and the weather is good, but i don't think that will be enough.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)
Central Defender - Omar Narin
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Defsensive)

Right Winger - Dolf de Bevere (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jed Neumann (Defensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Josef Eder (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Jakob Noer Mogensen
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Bill Wright
Forward 2 - Martin Devátý

Once again, everyone in my line-up has passable or solid form expect for 1 guy. Jed Neumann still is still in weak form but since he has excellent stamina, he still gets the start. This is also the first time i've ever had a goalie in Solid form. Im not expecting any "Formidable" defensive though. But it would be a nice surprise. I'll be pic'ing this game of course and it should get me back to POE TS.

Players to Watch

Marcin Landowski - His first game at solid form. Its possible he could get 3 1/2 stars but i don't think it will happen.

The Match

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 21837 to Maniacal Misfitz Arena. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Landowski - Ferreira da Silv, Nairn, Miller - de Bevere, Neumann, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Neiweiler - Devátý, Wright.

SnowDrifts had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. Lineup: Minter - Mahon, Osborne, Preston, Adler - Jacobson, Jeremy, Finch, Moulton - Blair, Huddleston.

Dolf de Bevere sprinted between the opposing defenders after 5 minutes, but the keeper deflected Martin Devátý's shot.

The 9:th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Maniacal was Martin Devátý.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Maniacal´s Martin Devátý putting the lead up to 2 - 0.

Maniacal put their lead ahead another goal as Bill Wright struck home the 3 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

Omar Nairn increased Maniacals lead to 4 - 0 by putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right.

In the 29:th minute Maniacals Andi Neiweiler received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

In the 35:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Andi Neiweiler dashed through, knocking home 5 - 0 for Maniacal.

Halftime score was 5 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 89 percent possession rate.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Jed Neumann squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 48:th minute, asserting the lead to 6 - 0. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Bill Wright struck a 30 metre free kick home in the 55:th minute. 7 - 0 for the home team.

As Omar Nairn had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Maniacal player a red card without batting an eye. Chris Jeremy the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game.

Maniacal put themselves up 8 - 0 when Bill Wright broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. By then Bill Wright was a three time scorer - a hat trick!

In the games 82nd minute SnowDrifts´s Homer Ponce fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Homer Ponce for taking a dive.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Maniacal´s Josef Eder putting the lead up to 9 - 0.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Martin Devátý squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 86:th minute, asserting the lead to 10 - 0. By then Martin Devátý was a three time scorer - a hat trick!

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 87 percent possession rate.

Most important Maniacal player was Andi Neiweiler. However, Jed Neumann made a disastrous appearance.
The most dominating SnowDrifts player was without a doubt Craig Moulton. Samuel Huddleston on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 10 - 0.

Goals

Martin Devátý - 3
Bill Wright - 3
Omar Nairn - 1
Andi Neiweiler - 1
Jed Neumann - 1
Josef Eder - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Marcin Landowski - ***

Right Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - ***
Central Defender - Omar Narin - Red Carded
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller - **~

Right Winger - Dolf de Bevere - ***
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jed Neumann - **~
Inner Midfielder 2 - Josef Eder - ***
Inner Midfielder 3 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - **~
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler - ***

Forward 1 - Bill Wright - ***
Forward 2 - Martin Devátý - **~

Stars - 28.5

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: inadequate - (5)
Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Defence: solid - (7)
Left Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Right Side Attack: excellent - (8)
Central Attack: solid - (7)
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 62

The Minnesota SnowDrifts
Midfield: disastrous (1)
Right Side Defence: poor - (3)
Central Defence: poor - (3)
Left Side Defence: poor - (3)
Right Side Attack: poor - (3)
Central Attack: poor - (3)
Left Side Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 22

Post Game Comments

God dam!!! 10 - 0!! I never saw that coming, espically with a PIC. I feel kinda bad for the guy. His first game in Hattrick and he gets destoryed. Thats by far my biggest margin of victory ever. It won't be this bad next week when i play another new team. I'll play my back-ups vs them so i can use my starters in the FOFC cup.

They're were quite a few Misfitz firsts in this game. I picked up my first ever hattrick in a league game. Actually, i got 2 hattricks in this game Martin Devátý and Bill Wright both scored 3 goals. Also, all of my midfielders and wingers got 3 stars expect, Jed Neumann. He only got 2 1/2 but that ain't bad for being in weak form. Last but not least, Omar Nairn got his first ever red card but since im playing my back-ups in league play next week. It doesn't really matter.

The Good

Jakob Noer Mogensen - got his first ever 3 star game at middy. Which is impressive since he his playing the extra inner middy spot.

Bill Wright - First hattrick for Misfitz!!!

Martin Devátý - second ever hattrick for the misfitz!! just 4 mins after Bill got our first one

Andi Neiweiler - helped get my first ever formidable wing attack rating.

The Bad

Omar Nairn - got red carded.

Around The League

All 4 of the new teams in the league had to play the 4 older teams today. It wasn't pretty!

Final Fantasy - vs - US Rangers 8 - 0

The owner of the new "US Rangers" is pretty cool. He's the only one of the new teams that i've really talked to. I hope this beat down doesn't drive him away from hattrick.

Witches - vs - north crowley 10 - 0

Johnny's Witches won 10-0 and they played mostly back-ups. OUCH!

Daverules FC - vs - CristinaFC3 0 - 7

The lowest scoring game in my divison this week

League Standings

Team-------------------Played------------------Goals---------------Points

1. Witches---------------6----------------------40 - 8-----------------15

2. Final Fantasy---------6----------------------26 - 7-----------------15

3. Maniacal Misfitz------6----------------------22 - 12----------------12

4. north crowley--------6----------------------14 - 14----------------12

5. CristinaFC3-----------6----------------------22 - 10-----------------9

6. The Minnesota SnowD--6------------------7 - 32------------------6

7. Daverules FC---------6----------------------4 - 27------------------3

8. US Rangers-----------6----------------------0 - 25------------------0

Upnext, This weeks friendly
Old 09-03-2003, 08:39 PM   #55
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Friendly Game - Round 7

SouthPark Cows - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Since the FOFC cup got all screwed up this week, i've arranged a friendly with Lytic and his South Park Cows. The Cows train defending and have a quite a few nice defender trainee's. Unfortunetly for Lytic he's in one of the toughest divisons in divison IV and is having a tough time this year.

Anyway, this should be a pretty boring game all around since he runs a 5-4-1 and we are both playing our back-ups.

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby (Defsenive)
Central Defender - Omar Nairn
Left Wingback - Rikard Larsson (Defensive)

Right Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Viktor Tolstoy (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - Roy Hoekstra (Towards The Middle)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Istvan Strobl

My Back-ups had a really good form week last thursday. So most of them are in pretty good form. Even Roy Hoekstra is up to inadequate form which is a miricle. After looking at his last few friendly's my back-ups are better then his, so i "should" win this game. But since he has home field advantage anything is possible.

Players To Watch

Roy Hoekstra - Roys first game at inadequate form in a LONG time. Im hoping for 2 stars has he plays "Winger Towards The Middle".

Abel Cano - Abel is back up to inadequate form also. I'd like to get him back into my starting line-up soon. Hopfully he'll have a good game.

The Match

971 spectators had come to Starks Pond this cloudy day. SouthPark had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. Lineup: Barfield - Cook, Danhof, Hwang, An, Tewari - Bernbratt, Mcnutt, Bokfeldt, Doménech - Donaldson.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Weiss - Skogby, Nairn, Larsson - Minter, Tolstoy, Miller, Neiva, Hoekstra - Cano, Strobl.

SouthPark made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Olof Bokfeldt completely alone with keeper Stanford Weiss, who made a spectacular block.

SouthPark created a good opportunity to score in the games 9:th minute when Hyun-Gu Hwang`s hooked ball created a scuffle in front of the goal, and the visitors defenders had a hard time clearing the ball.

In the 14:th minute the home side managed to get a 1 - 0 lead as Olof Bokfeldt flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, SouthPark´s Aijaz Tewari got himself booked.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

Viktor Tolstoy made a good effort at breaking through from the right, but the home team left defence cleared the ball to a corner.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Maniacal´s Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby got himself booked.

Olof Bokfeldt behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 71st minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal.

Abel Cano came close to levelling the score in the 73rd minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post.

Abel Cano almost scored an equalising goal for Maniacal in the 80:th minute, but Lance Barfield made an excellent save, tipping the awkwardly curled shot past the post.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Mikey Cook. However, Lance Barfield made a disastrous appearance. Most important Maniacal player was Omar Nairn. Roy Hoekstra on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 1 - 0.

Goals

None

Player Ratings

GK - Stanford Weiss - **

Right Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - **~
Central Defender - Omar Nairn - **~
Left Wingback - Rikard Larsson - **

Right Winger - Benton Minter - **~
Inner Midfielder 1 - Joaquim Neiva - **~
Inner Midfielder 2 - Viktor Tolstoy - **
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller - **
Left Winger - Roy Hoekstra - **

Forward 1 - Abel Cano - **~
Forward 2 - Istvan Strobl - **

Stars - 24.5

Team Ratings

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: weak - (4)
Right Side Defence: solid - (7)
Central Defence: excellent - (8)
Left Side Defence: solid - (7)
Right Side Attack: wretched - (2)

NSI - 43

Maniacal Misfitz
Right Side Defence: inadequate - (5)
Central Defence: passable - (6)
Right Side Attack: solid - (7)
Left Side Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 52

Post Game Comments

Thank god that wasn't a league game. I would have been seriously pissed. Ratings wise i should have easily won this game. But i didn't, i missed 3 scoring chances in the second half and gave up a goal vs a terrible offense. His goal came from his right side which was a wretched wing attack vs a solid defense...wierd. Anyway, know one got injuried on either side so it was a good friendly. Good luck to Lytic and his Cows in the FOFC cup next week.

The Good

B - Team - Best ever NSI and stars for my B - Team.

Abel Cano - Played good in inadequate form and i'll probally let him play with the starters next week.

The Bad

Viktor Tolstoy - for some reason this guy refuses to get 2 1/2 stars. He's in passable form, with passable PM and passable passing. Yet he gets 2 stars a game. Maybe after this weeks stamina training he'll bump to solid stamina and get 2 1/2 stars.

Istvan Strobl - He has been in a form drop lately and only got 2 stars today in weak form.

Upnext, This weeks Training Update
Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #56
Havok
College Starter

Update

All time Divison V.253 leader!!

Historical standings
Team------------------Played--------------Goals------------Points

1. Maniacal Misfitz-----21-----------------69 - 33------------44
2. Cleveland Inferno--14----------------103 - 1-------------42
3. Tazmaniacs----------14----------------89 - 8---------------42
4. bunnies united------14----------------78 - 2---------------42
5. Goon FC--------------14----------------78 - 7----------------42
6. Witches---------------21---------------74 - 44---------------39
7. Green Mages--------14----------------54 - 17---------------37
8. CristinaFC3----------21----------------71 - 54----------------29
9. Final Fantasy--------6-----------------26 - 7-----------------15
10. ESAD----------------15---------------20 - 51-----------------7

This divison was an all bot divison for the 4 season before i got here. As you can see the Inferno, Tazmanics, Bunnies, and Goon FC were the only human teams for the 1 season each of them were here.

Kinda cool to have the most points ever in a divison
Old 09-03-2003, 10:38 PM   #57
lytic
College Benchwarmer

That was the first time I won a game I shouldn't have since last season! Too bad I wasted it on a friendly!

You faced 2 South Korean U20 defenders, 1 future Pakastani Nats teamer, and a 17 year old freak of a wingback. The other guy was a middie getting some defender training so I can sell him at a high price.
Of all things, my clown scored on you... now get this: that was his best game by far!

Date Match Rating
9/4/2003 SouthPark Cows - Maniacal Misfit 100%
8/21/2003 Camo's Elite Ra - SouthPark Cows 91%

I dunno what fire was lite up his ass, cause he exploded all over the field today! He's no superstar; 1 star middie.

Olof Bokfeldt (7364680)
19 years, passable form, healthy
I speak Svenska!

A popular guy who is calm and upright.
Has wretched experience and solid leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Sverige
Assessed value: 19 000 US$
Wage: 720 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: SouthPark Cows
Warnings: 0

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: inadequate Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: weak

oh and sorry about the lack of a turn out... I haven't been winning so my crowd hasn't been great this year.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 11:16 PM   #58
Havok
College Starter

lol, i got scored on by a Clown

hey, next season im gonna try to land a couple future U-20 members from smaller countrys. If you here about any from South Korea let me know please.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:25 PM   #59
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I try to post on the fofc board when I see stuff...

what do you train?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-04-2003, 12:19 AM   #60
Havok
College Starter

Playmaking

Early next season... like week 3-5 im gonna sell of a couple of my older trainee's and buy 2 17 year old Passable PM's in smaller country's. I really wanna have a few U-20 players down the road.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:51 PM   #61
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

What can i say.... every thursday has been a good day for the Misfitz over the past month. And the trend didn't stop this week. My midfield ratings have been getting better and better every week, but my biggest problem has been stamina. Almost all of my midfielders and wingers had passable stamina. Which isn't horrible, but it definetly effects my midfield rating. When i play against a team with Excellent stamina, i lose around 8% in the second half.

So to remedy this i trained stamina this week. The main reason i decided to do it this week is because i have 5 straight easy games ahead of me. So if my form takes a hit from the stamina training, it will have plenty of time to bounce back. So without further ado, here are my amazing results....

Stamina Bumps

Everyone on the team that had below Excellent stamina bumped up at least 1 level expect 2 guys. Benton Minter my back-up winger and my starting Goalie. Here are the important ones.....

Midfielders

Josef Eder
182 000 US$, 20 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Powerful]

Stamina: solid Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Josef already is a 3 star Middy and he bumped 1 level to solid stamina. He should hit Excellent PM in about 5 weeks.

Jakob Noer Mogensen
116 000 US$, 19 years, solid form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Quick]

Playmaking: solid Passing: weak
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Jakob just got his first ever 3 star game last sunday while playing as the extra inner middy. He bumped 1 level to solid stamina. He should hit excellent PM by the end of the season.

Jed Neumann
88 000 US$, 20 years, inadequate form
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities

Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: passable Passing: wretched
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

Jed was my only middy with excellent stamina already. He can get 3 stars in good form and should bump to Solid PM any week now.

Huey Miller
58 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities [Head]

Playmaking: solid Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Huey had a GREAT week, He bumped up an amazing 2 levels in stamina and also bumped a level in FORM! He's always been a 2 star middy because of his inadequate stamina. But now he should easily get 2 1/2 stars. Huey should hit excellent PM in 4-5 weeks.

Joaquim Neiva
68 000 US$, 18 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Unpredictable]

Playmaking: passable Passing: passable
Winger: weak Defending: disastrous
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

Joaquim is on a roll lately, He just bumped to passable PM last week and now he bumped a level to excellent PM. He's a solid 2 1/2 stars now and 'Might' hit solid PM this season.

Viktor Tolstoy
103 000 US$, 19 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Quick]

Playmaking: passable Passing: passable
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor

Victor has been giving me problems latley. He bumped to passable PM 2 weeks ago but he still only put up 2 stars in passable form. I think it was probally because he only had passable stamina. But he bumped 2!!!! levels in stamina and now will definetly get 2 1/2 stars now. He should hit soild PM at the end of this season

Roy Hoekstra
109 000 US$, 19 years, passable form
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities [Powerful]

Playmaking: passable Passing: weak
Winger: passable Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Roy's form has FINALLY!!! gotten back to passable. He's been at poor for most of the season. He also bumped 1 level of stamina. I play him as a winger towards the middle most of the time. He should hit Solid PM soon. But its hard to say since he doens't get full training every week.

Wingers

Dolf de Bevere
77 000 US$, 20 years, solid form
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities [Quick]

Playmaking: inadequate Passing: weak
Winger: passable Defending: weak

Dolf is my FREAK 3 star winger. I have no clue why he always gets 3 stars but who cares. He bumped up 1 level of stamina to solid. Im not sure when he will bumped to passable PM, but hopfully he will soon.

Andi Neiweiler
197 000 US$, 26 years, passable form
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities

Stamina: solid Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

My STUD winger bumped up 1 level of stamina to solid. Im also hoping he bumps to inadequate PM soon. But its hard to tell because he's kinda old for training.

Thats it, there's no point in showing you my other stamina bumps because it doesn't really matter for those postions. As you can see i had a GREAT stamina week. I couldn't be happier

Form

Form wasn't bad either this week. It wasn't great, but considering i trained stamina, I'll take it. My defenders took the worst hit. 2 starting defenders dropped to inadequate form and my starting goalie dropped to passable form.

5 Players Increased in Form (2 starters)
5 Players Decreased in Form (4 Starters)

Team/Player Values

Value per player (average): 105 524 US$ (+4,000)
Total squad value: 2 216 000 US$ (+84,000)
Average age: 21
Current form (average): passable
Experience (average): wretched
No of players (excluding the coach): 21
Number of nationalities: 14

Upnext, This weeks Youth Pull and Economic Update
Old 09-04-2003, 11:59 PM   #62
lytic
College Benchwarmer

for sale:

Wah-Bo Heung (11092847)
18 years, excellent form, healthy
I speak Korean!

A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and dishonest.
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Also part of Team U-20 South Korea!

Nationality: South Korea
Assessed value: 325 000 US$
Wage: 1 572 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Wonderful Lovers

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: formidable Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: wretched

Matches for National U-20 team: 5
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 09-05-2003, 03:13 AM   #63
Havok
College Starter

I wish
Old 09-05-2003, 05:01 AM   #64
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Havok, I hate you. I can't even train badly needed stamina right now because the form of some key guys is in the crapper.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:40 AM   #65
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
Havok, I hate you. I can't even train badly needed stamina right now because the form of some key guys is in the crapper.

SI

Yeah, i know your trainee's are desperate for some stamina training. Looking at your upcoming schedule, You might wanna think about training stamina this week.

You have small chance of beating Kaishaku F.C. at home this week. But then your screwed the next 2 games vs Kaishaku F.C. away and Brooklyn United. So you'll lose those 2 no matter what kinda form you have. I'd pic them and have good TS for your next 2 games.

Then you get 2 games you should win with Zfan at home and Team Groomers . So by then end of these 4 games your teams form should have bounced back from any decreases it had due to the 1 week of stamina training.

Just giving ya something to think about

Now that DK has all but abandoned HT, i'll have to find a couple new divisons to get interested in. And you have a interesting one to say the least
Old 09-06-2003, 08:18 PM   #66
Havok
College Starter

Economic Update and Youth PUll

Youth Pull

Im not even sure why i put 20k a week into my youth squad. Its so amazingly frustrating and can't even begin to explain it. And for some unknown reason my youth squad is taking longer then most people's to bump to Excellent. Its been 16 weeks since i bumped to solid. Anyway, enough bitching.... here's my shitty youth pull.....

Lenny Payne (16134173)
A sympathetic guy who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 21 000 US$
Wage: 600 US$/week
Owner: Maniacal Misfitz

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: inadequate

I like his last name but thats about it.

Economic Update

Cash funds: 97 166 US$ (43 708) US$
Sponsors: high on life
Supporter Club: 1033 members
Supporters: high on life

This week

Revenue-------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0-------------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 48 300--------------------Wages 24 538
Financial 0-----------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0---------------------------Temporary 2 000
-------------------------------------------Staff 40 500
-------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 48 300----------------Total expenses 101 758

Expected income/loss -53 458

No home game this week so it will look similar to this by weeks end. I have no plans of buying or selling anyone any time soon. So i should steadily make a little bit of cash every 2 weeks.

This weeks game

Another easy pic game this week as i take on one of the new teams in divison V.253. US Rangers bought a few cheap players since taking over they're team last week and upgraded to a inadaqute coach. But my B-team is still WAY WAY better then them so they'll get the start this week.

My Prediction 6 - 0 win

FOFC Cup Game

At first i thought i would have it easy for my first cup game since i'll be playing my starters. But as it turns out the Toledo Drunkards have a really easy win this week so i'll probally see his starters on wednesday.

Toledo Drunkards
Midfield: passable - (6)
Right Side Defence: excellent - (8)
Central Defence: formidable - (9)
Left Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Left Side Attack: solid - (7)

NSI - 65

The Drunkards and i are very very close in terms of talent. We both put up almost the exact same NSI rating. I 'Think" my midfield is slightly better and my attack is slightly better. But his defense is better then mine. But Since he has home field advantage, he is the favorite. It should be a fun game and hopfully none of our starters will get injuried.

My Prediction 3 - 2 Loss

Upnext, This weeks league game
Old 09-07-2003, 11:03 PM   #67
Havok
College Starter

Season 1 - League game - Round 7

US Rangers - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Another new team today, The US Ranger will probally be the best 'new team" out of the bunch because he seems to be an active owner. He told me he's a huge soccer fan in real life. So hopfully down the road he'll stick with HT and build a good team. I'll be playing my back-ups and Pic'ing today. This should put be back at POE TS and have me at delirous for my FOFC Cup battle on wednesday vs Toledo Drunkards.

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby (Defensive)
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva
Left Wingback - Rikard Larsson (Defensive)

Inner Midfeilder 2 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy
Left Winger - Dolf de Bevere (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Istvan Strobl

Mostly back-ups here but i do have a couple regular starters playing. Ismael Ferreira da Silva will get the call at central defender because i only have 5 defenders at the moment. Dolf de Bevere will make the start on wing because i'm only using 1 offensive winger on wednesday and Martin Devátý will also start now that Abel Cano is FINALLY back in passable form. So even thought Martin is my leading scorer, he's now part of the B-team.

Form looks decent for my back-ups, All my defenders (Starters and back-ups) are in a slight form slump except for Ismael. But this shouldn't cause to much of a problem since i don't have a tough league game for quite some time.

Players To Watch

Viktor Tolstoy - Viktor jumped 2 levels in stamina on wednesday (To Excellent) and should get his first ever 2 1/2 star game even thought he's playing as the extra inner middy.

Martin Devátý - Playing against such a bad defense, he should have a field day out there today.

The Match

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Ibrox Arena saw a crowd turnout of 4606. Rangers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Routhier - Salinas, Oakley, Cannon - Little, Mccord, Holt, Wylie, Spain - Polk, Flanagan.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Weiss - Skogby, Ferreira da Silv, Larsson - Minter, Neumann, Tolstoy, Neiva, de Bevere - Devátý, Strobl.

A mistake by the home sides central defence in the 16:th minute allowed Istvan Strobl to score 0 - 1 for Maniacal.

The referee showed Rangerss Alfred Holt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Dolf de Bevere´s speed was made justice as he darted past his marker and struck an opening pass to Istvan Strobl who scored the 0-2 goal.

The away team´s Martin Devátý took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 39:th minute increasing Maniacal´s lead to 0 - 3. By now Maniacal were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

In the to 39:th minute a very unfortunate collision in the home teams penalty area led to Rangers´s Tyson Little being carried off the pitch and replaced by Bob Estep.

In the games 40:th minute Istvan Strobl nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar.

Rangers had obvious problems in finding their positions.

Dolf de Bevere was, after 40 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Jérome Routhier saved.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Maniacal´s Joaquim Neiva got himself booked.

A well placed corner kick from Alexander Cannon was followed by Buster Oakley´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Rangers. The result now 1-3.

Martin Devátý increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 4.

Halftime score was 1 - 4. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

The Rangers players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Rangers´s Samuel Wylie got himself booked.

Maniacal came close to extending their lead as Benton Minter delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 77:th minute Maniacal goal, making it 1 - 5. Martin Devátý was noted down as the scorer. By then Martin Devátý was a three time scorer - a hat trick!

Alfred Holt of Rangers got sent off for kicking the ball after the whistle, a completely uncalled for move, earning him his second yellow card of the game.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 87 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Rangers player was without a doubt Buster Oakley. However, Samuel Wylie made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Dolf de Bevere. Istvan Strobl on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 1 - 5.

Goals

Martin Devátý - 3
Istvan Strobl - 2

Player Ratings

GK - Stanford Weiss - **

Right Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - **
Central Defender - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - ***
Left Wingback - Rikard Larsson - **

Right Winger - Benton Minter - **~
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jed Neumann - **~
Inner Midfeilder 2 - Joaquim Neiva - **~
Inner Midfielder 3 - Viktor Tolstoy - **~
Left Winger - Dolf de Bevere - ***

Forward 1 - Istvan Strobl - **

Stars - 24.5

Team Ratings

US Rangers
Midfield: wretched - (2)
Right Side Attack: inadequate - (5)
Central Attack: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 39

Maniacal Misfitz
Right Side Defence: passable - (6)
Left Side Defence: passable - (6)
Central Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 50

Post Game Comments

Nice and easy PIC win for the back-ups, Just as expected. Plus there were no injuries which makes me even more happy. I knew Martin Devátý was gonna have fun out there vs this defense. He notched another Hattrick. Thats his second Hattrick in 2 weeks. The man is on fire I was also please with the midfield, now they only got a "weak" ratings but they were on the road and PIC'ing. Plus each one got 2 1/2 stars. Now all 7 of my midfielders can get at least 2 1/2 stars in passable form. Thats some nice depth

I was also slightly impressed with The Rangers ratings, a 39 NSI after only have your team for 1 week isn't bad. Espically since he got a NSI of 20 last week. If he buys a decent middy or 2 he should be ok.

The Good

Viktor Tolstoy - picked up his first ever 2 1/2 stars game.

Martin Devátý - got his second Hattrick in as many weeks.

The Bad

Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - My utility mans form continue's to drop and he only manage 2 stars playing wingback.

Around The League

north crowley - vs - Final Fantasy 0 - 3

FF easily dispatched of North Crowley 3-0 and it could have been alot worse. North Crowley have done little to improve they're team since taking over last week.

CristinaFC3 - vs - Witches 3 - 3

The Witches just can't stand being in first place. I don't no what it is but they always seem to blow games they should have easily won. I think they PIC'ed this game but for the life of me i can't figure out why they'd do that. CristinaFC3 is no pushover when at home, this tie changes alot of things in my divison. I might just make a run at first after all.

The Minnesota - vs - Daverules FC 3 - 1

The "Who Cares" game of the week in divison V.253. Neither one of these teams as done much since taking over they're team last week.

League Standing

Team---------------Played----------------Goals----------------Points

1. Final Fantasy-----7--------------------29 - 7-----------------18

2. Witches------------7-------------------43 - 11----------------16

3. Maniacal Misfitz---7-------------------27 - 13----------------15

4. north crowley-----7-------------------14 - 17----------------12

5. CristinaFC3--------7-------------------25 - 13----------------10

6. The Minnesota----7-------------------10 - 33-----------------9

7. Daverules FC------7-------------------5 - 30-------------------3

8. US Rangers--------7-------------------1 - 30-------------------0

Upnext, This weeks FOFC cup game

Last edited by Havok : 09-07-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:09 AM   #68
Havok
College Starter

What am i doing wrong???

Serious question here and i'll take any constructive critizism you have.

First off, I love doing this dynasty, i'd probally do it if no one read it. I enjoy jotting down my thoughts after each game and keeping track of my team week by week.

But for some reason this season im not getting nearly as many views on my dynasty as a did last year. I'll admit, last season my dynasty was crazy. I bought 2 new players every week and thought i knew everything about hattrick Maybe thats why i had alot of views last year. I guess it was kind of entertaining watching me go crazy on the transfer market. But this year im much more stable, i've got a solid team and a good training program going. And since i can't get a good youth pull to save my life, i have no money to buy new players anyway. I guess last year everyone had a good angle. Afoci's was funny, DK's was a great read, SI's was a mix between both and mine was "whats he gonna do next".

So basically my point to all this is ... what am i doing wrong?? is my dynasty boring now?? should i attempt to make it more like DK's?? More of a presentation style and less of a "what i think" kinda thing?? I thought maybe people were just losing interest in HT dynastys all together, but SI and NAIWF still seem to get alot of views. So that ain't it.

Lemme know what you guys think.......
Old 09-08-2003, 11:01 AM   #69
NAIWF
College Prospect

I think a lot of the views come from when you have something new to write. If you're not really buying anyone, then the only thing that's getting posted in a week would be your 2 games and the training and economic updates. Four updates every seven days isn't a lot, and since you're not in the US Open Cup, it's possible the average reader might only check out how you did in the league and how much money you have.

We all know you can't get a good youth pull to save your life, so there's no need to check that out My suggestion would be to maybe add a little report card type thing every now and then which explains how your goals for the season are being met or something along those lines. That way, those of us that follow your team get to read/see something we couldn't find on the HT website. Hope that helps.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 11:05 AM   #70
Alf
Pro Starter

See, I hadn't read in a while, and now I am getting back into your dynasty. So no need to worry !!!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:59 AM   #71
Havok
College Starter

NAIWF - thats not a bad idea. I'll think about doing something kinda like that.

Alf - glad to see your reading again
Old 09-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #72
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, if you check my threads, I have ~300 views through last week (half season, basically) versus something like 1600 all of last season. I know I've been behind but I know a lot of the usual suspects check out my dynasty (checking out the "Who's online" after I post, for instance). I think it's just a matter of less people are reading hattrick dynasties currently. The hardcore guys are still there and a few new people but I think the hattrick population, as a whole, just reads a few less dynasty reports than last season or the season before when we were starting out (although I've found it a bit easier to keep up this year because some of the dynasties have been discontinued and I don't just mean DK as I can think of three off the top of my head). I know I'll keep reading until that bitch goddess school takes away too much of my time.

SI

Old 09-10-2003, 10:03 PM   #73
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - FOFC Cup - Round 1

Toledo Drunkards - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Finally, The FOFC cup has arrived!!!! Unfortunetly i got jipped in the rankings and got a 9th seed. So probally no home games for me Anyway, i thought today was gonna be a really tough game because Rich had a very easy league game this week. So i thought he'd play his back-ups on sunday and his starters vs me. But he decided to play his starters on sunday so i'll probally play his back-ups today. If thats the case, my starters should kill his back-ups. This kinda disappoints me, i was looking forward to a good game since all my league games recently have been easy.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Right Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Defensive)
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)
Inner Midfeilder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Last weeks stamina training was a big help! My midfield should see a huge improvment now. Plus im playing Roy Hoekstra towards the middle. The plan when i bought him was to play him towards the middle in league games but his form has sucked all season. He finally hit passable form on sunday so now we'll see how he does with the starters. The rest of the teams form is still good, Abel Cano is Finally back to passable form. So my central attack might hit excellent for the first time ever!

Players To Watch

Huey Miller - since his stamina bumped up 2 levels to solid. Im expecting his first ever 2 1/2 star game.

Roy Hoekstra - his first game in passable form for the Misfitz. If he makes a big enough impact. He might earn himself a starting job.

Abel Cano - first game in passable form since those EVIL Square Pegs broke him late last season!

The Match

1256 spectators arrived at Toledo Drunkards Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Drunkards started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Moore - Everett, Cadalso, Clarke - Woodward, Pupper, Boyd, Chiang-Hui - López, Suchy, Messina.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - Miller, Nairn, Ferreira da Silv - Neiweiler, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Hoekstra - Cano, Wright.

Drunkards mostly ignored the flanks in favour of attacks in the middle.

Ludwik Suchy of Drunkards received a yellow card in the 15:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Maniacal took the lead after 16 minutes with 0 - 1. Omar Nairn placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left.

The visitors Bill Wright took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 25:th minute. 0 - 2 for Maniacal.

The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

A header from Roy Hoekstra connected with a corner kick after 28 minutes, and the ball ended up with Huey Miller of Maniacal who shot the 0-3 goal.

In the games 28:th minute Abel Cano nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 3. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 66 percent, dominated the battle.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Maniacal´s Omar Nairn got himself booked.

After 60 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Andi Neiweiler who increased Maniacal´s lead to 0 - 4.

In the 67:th minute Bill Wright surprised the opponents with a 40 metre pass to Andi Neiweiler who quite easily could settle the score to 0 - 5.

Maniacal came close to extending their lead as Jakob Noer Mogensen delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 70 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Drunkards player was without a doubt David Israel López. However, Donny Woodward made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Jakob Noer Mogensen. Roy Hoekstra on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 0 - 5.

Goals

Andi Neiweiler - 2
Bill Wright - 1
Omar Narin - 1
Huey Miller - 1

Player Ratings

Right Wingback - Emanuel Miller - **~
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - ***

Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler - ***
Inner Midfeilder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - ***
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller - **~
Left Winger - Roy Hoekstra - **

Forward 2 - Bill Wright - ***

Stars - 30

Team Ratings

Toledo Drunkards
Central Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 47

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: solid - (7)
Right Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Left Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 67!!!!

Post Game Comments

67 NSI baby!!!!! my best ever by 3 i think. So many firsts in this game, My first Solid midfield and it was on the road, That stamina training really paided off. My first ever Formidable right side defence. Which is quite strange since the wingback on the side, my CD and my goalie all dropped a level in for this week. And my first ever Excellent central attack!!! Abel back in passable form really helped my central attack. Today is a good day to be a Misfit.

As you can tell from the score and the ratings Rich didn't play his starters which is to bad. It would have been a really good game. Next week i take on The Number 1 seeded Rochester Roosters. This will be a very tough game. The good news is he has must win game in his series on sunday. So he should play his starters in that game. But if he does play his starters in our game it will be a dam good game. His team is better then mine but not by very much. Either way it should fun, hopfully i can pull off the upset

The Good

Abel Cano - being back in passable form, he gave me that last little push i needed to get me my first ever excellent central attack.

Huey Miller - had his first ever 2 1/2 star game and was 10% better then any game he's ever played according to supporter stats. That 2 levels of stamina helped big time.

Roy Hoekstra - In passable form and playing Roy towards the middle made a big impact on the midfield. Dolf may have lost his starting winger job.

The Bad

How could anything about this game be bad

Upnext, This weeks training update
Old 09-11-2003, 10:21 PM   #74
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form update

Training

no pops this week I had a couple guys i was hoping would pop but they didn't. Maybe next week......

Form

I breathed a sign of relief when i saw my form update. Usually after i train stamina the following week takes the worst form hit. But today wasn't bad at all, very little movment. One thing that is cool, is that every midfielder i have is in passable or solid form, That also includes wingers. But my freak 3 star winger and daed's favorite Misfit Dolf de Bevere dropped to passable form. So he'll lose his job with the starters.

3 Players Increased in Form (1 Starter)
2 Players Decreased in Form (1 Starter)

My form dog at the moment is Istvan Strobl, he's in poor form. This really doesn't bother me to much since he is my clown and my forth forward.

Player/Team Value

Value per player (average): 108 333 US$ (+2,809)
Total squad value: 2 275 000 US$ (+59,000)

New Misfitz record this week. Josef Eder became the first Misfitz outfielder to break the 200k value mark at $202,000. He should hit Excellent PM in 4-5 weeks.

Upnext, This weeks youth pull and economic update
Old 09-13-2003, 08:17 PM   #75
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull and Economic update

Earl Minor (16351002)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Assessed value: 27 000 US$
Wage: 620 US$/week

Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

typical useless youth pull and my youth squad still hasn't hit excellent for some reason.

Economic Update

Cash funds: 47 236 US$ (-403) US$
Supporter Club: 1056 members

This week

Revenue----------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0----------------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 54 120------------------------Wages 24 538
Financial 0--------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0-----------------------------Temporary 2 000
---------------------------------------------Staff 40 500
---------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000

Total revenue 54 120 Total expenses 101 758
Expected income/loss -47 638

I get a home game this week so hopfully i'll sell it out and i'll have around 125k to end the week.

This Weeks League Game

I get to beat up on the US Rangers again this week. I'll be playing my back-ups again so i can play my starters in the FOFC cup game. Should be a very easy game again.

My Prediction 5 - 0 Win

This weeks FOFC Cup game

I play the number 1 seed in my bracket this week the Rochester Roosters. If he plays his starters it will be a very tough game. His team is slightly better and he has home field advantage. But he has a must win league game this week so i'll probally face most of his back-ups, In which case i should win. We'll have to wait and see who he plays.

Upnext, This weeks League Game
Old 09-14-2003, 09:44 PM   #76
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 8

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - US Rangers

Here we go!!!! Second half of the season kicks off today. It should be quite interesting. The Witches tie last week gives me some hope that i can still win the divison. I'll get more into this down at the bottom when i post the league standings so you can see what im talking about

Today we get to beat up on the US Ranger's again. We beat them last week on the road with our back-ups 5-1. I'll be playing the B-team again this week so i can have my starters for my FOFC cup game. This week the Rangers over-spent like hell for a passable goalie worth 187k. They paided 120k dam newbies. I told him to come here and join FOFC so he wouldn't do stupied newbie things like that. But he didn't listen, oh well..... his loss. He'll learn.....

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Rikard Larsson (Defensive)
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 2 - Joaquim Neiva (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano

The B-team looks good form wise. Almost everyone is in passable form. Dolf de Bevere has dropped to passable form so he'll play with the B-teamers for awhile. Same goes for Emanuel, he dropped to inadequate form. The only starters i have playing today are Omar Narin and Abel. Abel is playing because my 4th forward is in poor form and since this divison might come down to goal differance for first place. I'd like to score as much as i can.

Players To Watch

Martin Devátý - has a hattrick in his last 2 games. Hopfully he can get another hattrick today.

Jed Neumann - finally bumped back up to passable form. So im expecting a nice 3 star game out of him.

The Match

17984 spectators had come to Maniacal Misfitz Arena this cloudy day. Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Weiss - Larsson, Nairn, Miller - Minter, Neumann, Tolstoy, Neiva, de Bevere - Devátý, Cano.

Rangers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Martin - Oakley, Salinas, Cannon - Salisbury, Estep, Downing, Carr, Spain - Polk, Flanagan.

The 6:th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a leak in the visitors right side defense. Scorer for Maniacal was Benton Minter.

In the 15:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Martin Devátý dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Maniacal lead up with 3 - 0. Martin Devátý finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle.

The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

The Rangers players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization.

Jed Neumann received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 56:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

In the 58:th minute Rangerss Perry Polk received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Rangers seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team.

In the 60:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Abel Cano dashed through, knocking home 4 - 0 for Maniacal.

Maniacal put themselves up 5 - 0 when Abel Cano broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him.

Maniacal put themselves up 6 - 0 when Abel Cano broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. This third goal made a hat trick for Abel Cano.

Maniacal´s Benton Minter left the field after 81 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Andi Neiweiler.

Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 91 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Andi Neiweiler. However, Stanford Weiss made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Rangers player was without a doubt Buster Oakley. Ossie Downing on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 6 - 0.

Goals

Abel Cano - 3
Martin Devátý - 2
Benton Minter - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Stanford Weiss - **

Right Wingback - Rikard Larsson - **~
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller - **

Right Winger - Benton Minter - ** (Injuried)
Right Winger - Andi Neiweiler - *** (Sub)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jed Neumann - ***
Inner Midfielder 2 - Joaquim Neiva - **~
Left Winger - Dolf de Bevere - **~

Stars - 27

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Left Side Attack: excellent - (8)

NSI - 57

US Rangers

NSI - 42

Post Game Comments

Easy win as expected. His NSI is steadly improving each week. If he buys a couple decent middy's he'll be ok. As for my team, they played amazing!! Thats my B-teams highest NSI ever! Hell, i could beat alot of divison V teams starters with that rating. Abel got his first hattrick for the Misfitz and Martin punched in another 2. Thats now 8 goals in the last 3 games for Martin and he gets another newbie team again next week.

The injury to Benton Minter is my first injury is a LONG time. So i can't complain to much. Plus it's only for 2 weeks and since he's young its probally more like 1 week. My B-team middy's are really starting to come into they're own. they got 8 stars between the 3 of them and got a inadequate midfield while pic'ing. Im impressed

The Good

Abel Cano - his form slump appears to be over as he's scored 4 goals in his last 2 games.

Jed Neumann - got his first 3 star game while in passable form. he should hopfully pop to Solid PM on thursday.

The Bad

Benton Minter - was playing well until he got injuried for 2 weeks.

Around The League

Daverules FC - vs - The Minnesota SnowDrifts 1 - 3

The battle of the new teams!! Minnesota pulled out a close game 3-1 and as now beaten DaveRules FC 2 weeks in a row.

Witches - vs - CristinaFC3 7 - 0

The Witches got some revenge for last weeks embarressing tie vs CristinaFC3. His offense is just killer this year running a 3-4-3 with a offensive coach. he's outscored his opponets 50-11.

Final Fantasy - vs - north crowley 4 - 0

FF beats up on newbie North Crowly. But he had yet another serious injury. Which is good for me

League Standings

Team-----------------------Played-----------------Goals------------Points

1. Final Fantasy-------------8---------------------33 - 7--------------21

2. Witches-------------------8---------------------50 - 11-------------19

3. Maniacal Misfitz----------8---------------------33 - 13-------------18

4. north crowley-------------8--------------------14 - 21-------------12

5. The Minnesota SnowD---8-------------------13 - 34--------------12

6. CristinaFC3-----------------8-------------------25 - 20--------------10

7. Daverules FC---------------8-------------------6 - 33----------------3

8. US Rangers-----------------8-------------------1 - 36----------------0

Ok, This is what im hoping will happen so i can win the divison. I need The Witches to beat Final Fantasy 2 weeks from now. They already beat them once this season but it will be tougher for them since its a road game. Then i play The Witches in week 12 at home. I should have super high TS and since its at home i should pull a excellent midfield rating. I not sure wheather i'll MOTS but with a MOTS i should get a formidable midfield rating vs his passable.

I get to pic my next game, Then i get to play FF at home to end the season. I'll MOTS that and hopfully win. Then boom, the divison is mine. I'll probally get slaughtered in my qualification game with terrible TS and probally vs a 5th place Divison IV team. But that doesn't matter. Now if the Witches don't beat FF in 2 weeks and i beat The Witches and FF i'll have to have a better goal difference then FF to win. Right now they are only 5 goals up on me. So i have a good chance of closing that gap.

Anyway, if i lose or tie any more games this year i won't win the divison period. Eitherway, it should be interesting to see what happens.

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup game vs the number 1 seed in the HFP bracket.... The Rochester Roosters
Old 09-14-2003, 11:37 PM   #77
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok
Lemme know what you guys think.......
Speaking for myself, I enjoy your dynasty as it is. Personally, I haven't been reading dynasties like I did last season so that'd be why I haven't posted in to any of the dynasties this season. Perhaps I need to start reading again so I can keep up with all the news (like all the stamina pops, darn it!)!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:48 AM   #78
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Havok, don't worry about the view thing, if I did by that, it shows that my dynasty has nearly half the support it once had. It is disappointing, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I update maybe 2 or 3 times a week instead of everyday. Yours is probably the same thing.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:37 AM   #79
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
Havok, don't worry about the view thing, if I did by that, it shows that my dynasty has nearly half the support it once had. It is disappointing, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I update maybe 2 or 3 times a week instead of everyday. Yours is probably the same thing.

Hm... The Afoci likes it. You may need some drastic changes

Then again, I like it and that's all that matters to dictator for life and el presidente SI, so you should keep it the way it is

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-17-2003 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:09 PM   #80
Havok
College Starter

Update

I actually bought a new player today I've been looking through the markets for the past couple weeks to find a guy that could 1 day be my coach. But could also play in some games for me.

Naftali ben Aharon (6937691)
30 years, weak form, healthy
A controversial person who is calm and dishonest.
Has passable experience and passable leadership abilities.

Nationality: Israel
Assessed value: 53 000 US$
Wage: 1 210 US$/week
Owner: Beitar

Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: disastrous

Paid 46k

His form doesn't bother me since he hasn't played in a game for over a month and once it goes up he'll be a starter. His high experiance will make him a nice 2 1/2 to 3 star wingback playing normal. He'll get plenty of experiance over the next couple seasons so getting him to Solid experiance shouldn't be a problem.

I'll be selling my young defender who i trained up to passable.

Rikard Larsson (10960190)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Assessed value: 43 000 US$
Wage: 840 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Warnings: 1

Playmaking: wretched Passing: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: wretched

Hopefully someone will buy him and continue his training.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:08 PM   #81
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - FOFC Cup - Round 2

Rochester Roosters - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Round 2 of the FOFC Cup kicks off today and i've drawn a tough opponent. The Rochester Roosters are no pushover espically with home-field advantage. But he will probally play most of his back-ups so im definetly the favorite. After our back-ups last year somehow upset The Slumlords starters, im not taking anything for granted. So this win is not set in stone, not by a longshot.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Left Wingabck - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby (Defensive)

Right Winger - Roy Hoekstra (Towards The Middle)
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)
Inenr Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

I got almost my full A-team Playing today. The only exception is Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby will be starting at Left Wingabck. He's back-up to inadaquate form and my normal starter dropped to inadequate. Since Vilhelm has much better experiance, i decided to let him start. My starters aren't quite in the great form they were 2 weeks ago since i trained a week of stamina not to long ago. But It ain't bad either. I should still see a very nice NSI rating.

Players To Watch

Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - first game with the starters, probally only get 2 1/2 stars but im hoping for 3 stars in passable form.

Abel Cano - Daed's favorite forward has been red hot lately. Scoring practically at will. Hopfully he'll keep it up tonight.

The Match

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 1480 at The Rooster Yard today. Rochester started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Bray - Harris, Cerda, Börjesson - Grissom, Labayen, Hagen, Baptista, Acker - Hobson, Barragán.

Maniacal started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - Ferreira da Silv, Nairn, Skogby - Hoekstra, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Neiweiler - Cano, Wright.

Rochester seemed to prefer attacking in the middle.

Maniacal took the lead after 20 minutes with 0 - 1. Huey Miller placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left.

One of many good passes from John Acker at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Alex Hobson, scoring for Rochester to 1 - 1.

In the 37:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Abel Cano put the ball away for 1 - 2.

The visitors Abel Cano took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 38:th minute. 1 - 3 for Maniacal.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Rochester´s Michael Börjesson got himself booked.

Halftime score was 1 - 3. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Maniacal´s Bill Wright received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 53rd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 4. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

The home side attempted to get through in the middle and had a good chance of pulling one back as Michael Börjesson tried lifting the ball over goalie Marcin Landowski. Typically, the ball went just over the bar.

The away team´s Abel Cano took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 62nd minute increasing Maniacal´s lead to 1 - 5. At that, Abel Cano was noted down for a hat trick.

The away team´s Abel Cano took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 70:th minute increasing Maniacal´s lead to 1 - 6.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Rochester´s best player was Zenón Labayen. Jacinto Baptista on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Maniacal player was Jakob Noer Mogensen. Roy Hoekstra was a disappointment, however.

The match ends 1 - 6

Goals

Abel Cano - 4
Bill Wright - 1
Huey Miller - 1

Player Ratings

Left Wingabck - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - **~

Right Winger - Roy Hoekstra - **
Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - ***~
Inenr Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller - **~
Left Winger - Andi Neiweiler - ***

Stars 30.5

Team Ratings

Rochester Roosters
Central Defence: inadequate - (5)
Left Side Defence: weak - (4)

NSI - 51

Maniacal Misfitz
Central Defence: excellent - (7)
Left Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 65

Post Game Comments

Second solid Midfield ever!!!! and my first ever 3 1/2 STAR PLAYER! It was kind of a shocker also. Jakob Noer Mogensen has about 3 weeks of training towards excellent, but i guess his solid form pushed him over the 3 stars mark. I thought for sure Josef Eder would be my first 3 1/2 star player. But i was wrong..... and thats ok with me Ok.... what else happened. Abel Cano scored the most goals ever in a game by a Misfitz with 4. I told you he's been scoring at will lately. Thats 7 goals in his last 2 games alone. I love it when he's in good form.

The Roosters obviously played his back-ups, so that takes a little bit of the fun out of winning. Just a little I've drawn last years FOFC cup cinderella team The Concord Assassins. If i remember correctly he made it way farther then anyone expected him to last season. Im gonna try to stop him from doing it again this year. He's gonna have home field advantage unfortunetly and i'll probally face most, if not all of his starters. So it should be a good game.

The Good

Jakob Noer Mogensen - First ever 3 1/2 star game for the Misfitz!!!

Abel Cano - Just a pure goal scoring machine for me lately.

The Bad

Its getting harder and harder every week to find something bad about this team. Im just so Hot right now

Around The HFP Brackett

Hamas Mad Bombers - vs - Concord Assassins 1 - 2

A good game here, i was hoping the Bombers would pull it out cause i'd rather face them next week. But The Assassins 61 NSI was just to much for them.

Spring Grove Fighting Eagles - vs - West Fargo Stangs 4 - 3

Another excellent game here, The Eagles went with the run and shoot tactic and it paided off. Down 3-2 at half time, they made a nice comeback and pulled it out. If i win next week, i expect to see them in the semi's. Our starters are so close ratings wise its almost scarey

North County Raiders - vs - Bees 2 - 4

The run and Shoot failed this time, as the Bees upset The Raiders in a tough match. Next weeks Eagels vs Bee's game should be a good one.

Upnext, This weeks Training update
Old 09-18-2003, 09:49 PM   #82
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form update

Kind of a wierd training update. The only guy that poped was my number 1 forward

Abel Cano
162 000 US$, 25 years, passable form
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities

Stamina: passable Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: passable Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: inadequate
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: poor

This makes him a serious utility man. He can play middy, defender and of course forward. Unfortunetly, noone else poped Jed Neumann is the man i was hoping was gonna pop today, he's got a good 8 weeks of training in him now. Next week he better pop. I even listed him on the transfer wire hoping he would pop ohhh well.

Form

Ok, so i can't get a good youth pull to save my life. But 1 thing im doing right this year is form. My fucking form has been great lately. And now its a hell-of-alot better. I had an incrediable week, for some reason i have no guys in excellent form, but i have an amazing, 10 guys in solid form. Thats insane. I'll break it down in a min. But of course, the most important form guy on the team did drop. My starting goalie dropped to inadequate form

8 Players Increased in Form this week (3 Starters)
1 Player Decreased in Form (1 Starter)

Even my new guy i just bought increased in form, He's up to inadequate. Here's my form breakdown....

Excellent Form - 0 players (0 Starters)

Solid Form - 10 Players (5 Starters)

Passable Form - 7 Players (4 Starters)

Inadequate Form - 4 Players (2 Starters)

Weak Form - 0 Players (0 Starters)

Poor Form - 1 Player (0 Starters)

The Only postion that is hurting a little is defense, with my goalie in inadequate form and my CD in inadequate form also. But besides them, im great.

Player/Team Value

Value per player (average): 108 682 US$ (+349)
Total squad value: 2 391 000 US$ (+116,000)
No of players (excluding the coach): 22 (+1)
Number of nationalities: 15

These numbers are kinda screwy since i bought a new player. My average value per player should be a few thousand higher and my overall team value should be about 47k lower.

Upnext, This weeks million dollar youth pull and economic update
Old 09-20-2003, 07:45 PM   #83
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull and Economic Update

Donnie Holtz (16573795)
A sympathetic guy who is tranquil and upright.
Has disastrous experience and solid leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 21 000 US$
Wage: 600 US$/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: weak
Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

I listed him mainly because he is a semi-clown. He might sell for 1-2k. But the good news is i FINALLY hit Excellent youth squad. Maybe i'll actually start pulling decent players.

Economic Update

Cash funds: 96 641 US$ (51 546) US$
Supporter Club: 1078 members

This week

Revenue--------------------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0---------------------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 58 275----------------------------Wages 25 150
Financial 0-------------------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0----------------------------------Temporary 3 000
--------------------------------------------------Staff 40 500
--------------------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 58 275-----------------------Total expenses 103 370
Expected income/loss -45 095

No home game this week so i'll probally lose around 42k after my friendly. The new sponsership money is nice. I've gained about 8.5k in the last 2 weeks.

This Weeks Games

Another new team again this week. The Minnesota SnowDrifts first ever game was a 10-0 beat down at my hands 3 weeks ago He's only bought like 2 players since then and both of them suck.

The Minnesota SnowDrifts
Right Side Attack: weak - (4)

NSI - 36

I'll be playing my B-team again and PIC'ing. It Should be a slaughter.

My Prediction 6 - 0 Win

FOFC Cup Game

I'll be taking on the Concord Assassins this week. I'll be on the road again and i expect him to play most, if not all of his starters. He's got a nice team with a tough defense.

Concord Assassins
Right Side Defence: outstanding - (10)
Central Defence: formidable - (9)
Right Side Attack: passable - (6)

NSI - 61

Since he's at home im expecting a passable midfield. I should win possession but its gonna be tough scoring on that defense.

My Prediction 3-2 Win

Upnext, This weeks League Game
Old 09-22-2003, 12:45 PM   #84
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 9

The Minnesota SnowDrifts - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Another easy game this week, This is my forth straight game in which i play a new team. The Snowdrifts haven't done much in the way of improving they're team since they got it. He logs on regularly but never really buys any new players. So this game should be pretty easy. I played him 4 weeks ago the day after he got his team and beat him 10 - 0. This game won't be quite so bad since im playing my back-ups and pic'ing. But i should still beat him pretty badly.

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon (Normal)

Right Winger - Dolf de Bevere (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Jed Neumann (Defensive)
Left Winger - Benton Minter (Offensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano

Pretty good form all around for my back-ups. Almost everyone is in passable form. Benton Minter is still a little dinged up from last weeks game, so im not sure if my left side attack will suffer. But my right side attack should be nice since Naftali ben Aharon will be playing normal on the side. This is Naftali's first game with the team and once he gets up to passable form (inadequate now) he'll probally be playing with the starters.

Players To Watch

Naftali ben Aharon - First game with the team. I think he'll be a 3 star wingback in passable form, but since he's in inadequate now. Im only expecting 2 1/2 stars.

Abel Cano - My goal scoring machine as of late. Look for him to crack the other teams defense all day long.

Jed Neumann - This will be Jed's best game ever as long he doesn't get hurt. He bumped to solid form on thursday and is just about as close to being SOLID PM as you can get. He should grab a nice 3 stars.

The Match

The crowd of 8869 turning up at The Minnesota SnowDrifts Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain. SnowDrifts tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Fyhren - Echols, Finch, Calloway, Adler - Coy, Carrington, Ponce, Espierrez - Mahon, Osborne.

Maniacal had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Weiss - ben Aharon, Nairn, Miller - de Bevere, Neumann, Tolstoy, Neiva, Minter - Devátý, Cano.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 16:th minute goal by Patrick Echols for SnowDrifts, putting them ahead 1 - 0.

Maniacal could level the score in the 35:th minute at 1 - 1, as Naftali ben Aharon struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked.

A free kick aimed at the keepers far post almost gave Maniacal the lead in the 40:th minute, but the ball just wasn´t able to squirm it´s way through the defensive wall.

The terraces were silenced in the 43rd minute as Maniacal´s Joaquim Neiva put the guests ahead 1 - 2, following an attack from the right.

1 - 2 was the half-time score. Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 76 percent possession rate.

In the 55:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 1 - 3 as Viktor Tolstoy finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick.

In the 57:th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 1 - 4 as Abel Cano finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The structure of the game started to change as Maniacal decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

The referee showed SnowDriftss Randall Coy the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Martin Devátý spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game.

Jed Neumann received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 69:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score.

The visitors Joaquim Neiva took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 77:th minute. 1 - 5 for Maniacal.

Maniacal had, after 79 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 88 percent possession rate.

Most important SnowDrifts player was Cristóbal Espierrez. Thomas Adler was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Maniacal player was without a doubt Jed Neumann. However, Stanford Weiss made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 1 - 5

Goals

Joaquim Neiva - 2
Naftali ben Aharon - 1
Abel Cano - 1
Viktor Tolstoy - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Stanford Weiss - **

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon - **~
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller - **~

Right Winger - Dolf de Bevere - **~
Inner Midfielder 2 - Jed Neumann - ***
Left Winger - Benton Minter - **~

Stars - 27.5

Team Ratings

The Minnesota SnowDrifts
Central Defence: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 36

Maniacal Misfitz
Right Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 58

Post Game Comments

Those bastards actually had the lead for 19 mins Anyway, the game went as expected... an easy pic win. No real injuries to speak of either and no cards, So im happy. Naftali ben Aharon's debu was good also. He grabed 2 1/2 stars and added a level to my right side attack. If i play a real tough defensive team i can play him offensive on the same side with my number 1 winger Andi Neiweiler and get a outstanding attack, maybe even brilliant. So that might be an option down the road. I can't believe my B-team is getting high 50's NSI ratings on the road. Kinda scary

The Good

Naftali ben Aharon - played well in his first game with the team and should play some games with the starters when his form goes up a little.

Jed Neumann - Jed played his best game ever by 6% according to supporter stats. I hope he pops to solid PM on thursday.

The Bad

Dolf de Bevere - He didn't really play bad, but i was expecting 3 stars out of him since he's back in solid form. Be he only got 2 1/2.

Abel Cano - Abel only scored 1 goal vs these nOObs!!!

Around The Divison

CristinaFC3 - vs - Daverules FC 2 - 1

The new guy almost pulled off the upset. I play CristinaFC3 next week which will be my first game vs a non new team in a month. But CristinaFC3 just lost they're second best midfielder for 4 weeks and only put up a weak midfield at home. So my back-ups should still be able to beat them.

north crowley - vs - Witches 0 - 6

Easy win this week for The Witches. But next week will be a huge game for him when he takes on final Fantasy on the road. And he's already started preparing for it. He sold a 18 year old excellent forward for 510k and he's bought 2 solid defenders to help boost his defense. I gotta say im surprised that he only keeps buying solids. With a million dollar youth pull this year and selling this guy, he's only bought a bunch of solid players. Im pretty much done buying solid players. Need to start thinking about buying excellents and formidables now.

US Rangers - vs - Final Fantasy 1 - 4

Another easy win for Final Fantasy. But next weeks game is huge. IF they win next week they lock up at least second place in the divison. And the only way they won't get first place is if i beat them the last game of the season and have a better goal difference.

League Standing

Team----------------------Played-------------Goals--------------Points

1. Final Fantasy-----------9------------------37 - 8---------------24

2. Witches------------------9------------------56 - 11-------------22

3. Maniacal Misfitz---------9------------------38 - 14-------------21

4. CristinaFC3--------------9-------------------27 - 21------------13

5. north crowley-----------9-------------------14 - 27------------12

6. The Minnesota SnowD-9------------------14 - 39-------------12

7. Daverules FC-------------9-------------------7 - 35--------------3

8. US Rangers---------------9-------------------2 - 40--------------0

Upnext, This weeks FOFC Cup game
Old 09-24-2003, 09:51 PM   #85
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - FOFC Cup - Round 3

Concord Assassins - vs - Maniacal Misfitz

Sweet 16 baby!!! Im looking for my 3rd straight upset in the FOFC cup but this one won't be so easy. Concord trains goalie's so he can use his whole starting team in friendly's if he wants (except his starting goal) and get full training. Our A-teams NSI ratings are extremely close. I have a slightly better midfield and attack. He has a much better defense. But he does have home field advantage which should almost even our midfields out. It should be a hell of a game.

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Left Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

Form is still pretty good. The only reall weakness i have is my CD and my goalie are both in inadequate form. So thats gonna hurt my defensive ratings some. But besides them im ok. Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby will get his second game with the starters and now he's bumped to passable form. Im hoping for a 3 star game out of him and hopfully a excellent defensive rating on his side. Everyone else is a usual starter.

Players To Watch

Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - hoping for his first 3 star game with the squad.

Jakob Noer Mogensen - got my first ever 3 1/2 star game last week and im hoping he does it again today. His form is the same so he'll probally get it.

The Match

535 spectators had come to Concord Assassins Arena this cloudy day. Assassins tactics involved an interesting 2-5-3 combination. Lineup: Lindman - Kardel, Pettersson - Eriksson, Rodström, bin Mohamed, Dordea, Sebestyén - Zhong-Ming, Osman, Frid.

Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Landowski - Ferreira da Silv, Nairn, Skogby - Neiweiler, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Hoekstra - Cano, Wright.

Assassins seemed to prefer attacking in the middle.

Ding Zhong-Ming gave his Assassins the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

Assassins appeared unsure on how to play.

The visitors didn´t give in and after 22 minutes Andi Neiweiler got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1.

Maniacal took the lead after 31 minutes with 1 - 2. Abel Cano placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left.

What ever got into Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Assassins´s Woodrow Osman, who easily put the ball away for 2-2.

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 58 percent possession of the ball.

During the break Assassins´s coach went through the teams new tactics yet again.

Brúnó Sebestyén gave his Assassins the lead with 3 - 2, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 70 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Assassins. However, Marcin Landowski made a spectacular save.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Ding Zhong-Ming squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 73rd minute, asserting the lead to 4 - 2.

The structure of the game started to change as Assassins decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.

In the 75:th minute Maniacals Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The player down was Petre Dordea. The Assassins bench looked worried a while but in the end he managed to get up.

Assassins held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

Most important Assassins player was Stefan Pettersson. Nils Eriksson was a disappointment, however. Maniacal´s best player was Jakob Noer Mogensen. Roy Hoekstra on the other hand, had a terrible day.

The match ends 4 - 2

Goals

Andi Neiweiler - 1
Abel Cano - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Marcin Landowski - **~

Left Wingback - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - **~

Inner Midfielder 1 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - ***
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller - **~
Left Winger - Roy Hoekstra - **~

Stars - 30

Team Ratings

Concord Assassins
Central Attack: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 63

Maniacal Misfitz

NSI - 65

Post Game Comments

And so it ends He through a curveball at me thats for sure. I wasn't expecting a 2-5-3 and attacking down the middle. I would have played 2 CD's if i thought that was what he was gonna do. Also, he had a 50/50 chance of picking the right side to put his best defender on to match up vs my attacking winger and he did. I won possession by 8% in the first half, but my starters solid stamina hurt them as i lost possession in the second half by 2%. Despite the ratings, im pretty sure the home field advantage did me in. If i was at home my midfield would have completely dominated this game. But i was on the road and it didn't. Congratz to Concord for a great game and good luck to them in the rest of the cup.

The Good

Roy Hoekstra - He pulled his first ever 2 1/2 star game as a winger towards the middle. He's got to be close to solid PM.

the Bad

Jakob Noer Mogensen - Jakob didn't play bad, but he didn't get 3 1/2 stars again. Im a little surprise since his form is still solid and he has another week of PM training in him. But i guess he was a real high solid form before and now he's a lower solid form.

Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - Was a big disapointment today. His 'Unpredictable' skill gave up a goal and he only got 2 1/2 stars at wingback.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:58 PM   #86
Havok
College Starter

Training and Form Update

1 pop this week and it was the guy i've been waiting on.....

Jed Neumann (11535422)
20 years, solid form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 123 000 US$
Wage: 880 US$/week
Warnings: 1

Playmaking: solid Passing: wretched

I transfer listed Jed and with the money i make off him i'll buy a 17 year old passable trainee.

Form

Form was good to me again this week, My new wingback has jumped 2 levels in form now since i bought him and now he's at passable. I 'might' play him with the starters this week. Im still undecided. The bad news is my starting goalie dropped another 15k or so in value. He didn't lose a level in form, but now he's a low inadequate form.

4 Players Increased in Form (1 Starter)
1 Player Decreased in Form (0 Starters)

Players/Team Value

Value per player (average): 115 048 US$ (+6,366)
Total squad value: 2 416 000 US$ (+25,000)
Average age: 22

Upnext, This weeks million dollar youth pull and economic update
Old 09-25-2003, 10:01 PM   #87
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

What's the over/under on your youth pull selling value for the week? About $10K?

SI

Old 09-26-2003, 06:02 AM   #88
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
What's the over/under on your youth pull selling value for the week? About $10K?

SI

This is the week SI, i can feel it. Im gonna pull a 17 year old Solid PM with good secondarys so i can train him

Bjorn already told me so!
Old 09-26-2003, 11:57 AM   #89
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok
This is the week SI, i can feel it. Im gonna pull a 17 year old Solid PM with good secondarys so i can train him

Bjorn already told me so!

I thought you were supposed to get the good pull in week 16.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:26 PM   #90
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Masked
I thought you were supposed to get the good pull in week 16.

Hell, I think at this point Havok would take a good youth pick in week 48 if they expanded the season to 48 weeks.

Havok- it's superstition, but it seems to work for me (then again what superstition doesn't work). Wait until game time on Sunday to do your pull for the week. Maybe what little good luck I have will rub off on you

SI

Old 09-26-2003, 02:18 PM   #91
Havok
College Starter

Masked: im just trying to be optimistic! Im thinking if i stay in a "Good' State of mind that good youth pulls will happen

SI: i'll try that this week, if it works it will be my new superstition aswell.

SI & Masked: I need to get a friendly going with both of you guys. Im playing GE this week. Either one of you wanna play next weeK???

Last edited by Havok : 09-26-2003 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:23 PM   #92
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Havok has Bjorn in his basement awaiting the results of the YP. His fate will be determined by whether the double Excellent is in Set Peices and Stamina or in Playmaking and Passing.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:05 PM   #93
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Right now, I'm enjoying my visit to places unknown. However, if you bug me in chat- I might go along with your insidious friendly plot (although I may or may not be in there Wednesday with a test Thursday).

SI

Old 09-27-2003, 10:02 PM   #94
Havok
College Starter

Economic Update

Im taking SI's advice this week and waiting till tommarrow to make my youth pull. Hey... it can't get any worse can it??

Cash funds: 205 701 US$ (165 186) US$
Supporter Club: 1100 members

This week

Revenue--------------------------Expenses
Crowd 0--------------------------Arena 14 720
Sponsors 58 975---------------Wages 24 270
Financial 0------------------------Interest 0
Temporary 0---------------------Temporary 0
-------------------------------------Staff 40 500
-------------------------------------Youth squad 20 000
Total revenue 58 975----------Total expenses 99 490
Expected income/loss -40 515

Look at all my money!!! I sold Jed Neuman today for a 169k. I was hoping for around 200k so im a little disappointed. I also have a home game this week i expecting to sell-out so i'll have around 325k after tommarrow. Depending on how much i spend on a new trainee, i might get my new coach this week. We'll see....

This Weeks League Game

For the first time in a long time i'm playing a established team. CristinaFC3 got they're team the same date i did 6 months ago. Every once and awhile we'll put up so pretty decent ratings but latley they've been slipping. He's never beaten me, i've won all 3 games we've played and it won't change tommarrow.

CristinaFC3

NSI - 50

He's put up a passable midfield in great form at home before, but he's missing his number 2 middy so at best he'll get a weak midfield. I'll also be attacking the hell out of that left side defense. I'll also be PIC'ing.

My Prediction 5 - 0 Win

Upnext, This weeks league game and youth pull
Old 09-28-2003, 06:24 PM   #95
Havok
College Starter

Youth Pull

The good news is this was probally my best youth pull ever. The bad news is he's still not every good.

Denver Figueroa (16847433)
17 years, passable form
A popular guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Quick

Assessed value: 74 000 US$
Wage: 840 US$/week
Warnings: (this information is not available while matches are in progress)

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: wretched
Winger: solid Defending: weak
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: weak

He'll sell, but probally for not every much. Maybe a young winger trainer can train him up some. Since this was a decent pull, i'll wait till sunday to pull again next week.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:21 PM   #96
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - League Game - Round 10

Maniacal Misfitz - CristinaFC3

I finally get to play a team with a pulse today, Not that the last couple teams didn't have a pulse. But they were so new it was almost like playing a bot team. CristinaFC3 got they're team the same day i did 6 months ago. He's improved his team some and on a good day can get a Mid-50's NSI rating. Unfortunetly for him, that ain't good enough to even come close to beating the Mighty Misfitz!!!! Espically at home!!! I better shut up now, before i jinx myself

Starters

GK - Marcin Landowski

Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva (Defensive)

Inner Midfielder 1 - Josef Eder (Offensive)
Inner Midfielder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen (Defensive)

Forward 1 - Abel Cano
Forward 2 - Bill Wright

All 3 of my midfielders are in solid form now, which is a freaking miricle. I might get my best midfield rating even, but i am picing so it will be close. Once again the only form problem i have is my defense. My goalie is down to inadequate form and Omar Narin is in inadequate form. So im not expecting any excellent ratings today. Also making his debu with the starters is future Misfitz coach Naftali ben Aharon. I'll be playing him normal at wingback on Andi's side and im expecting a hell of a right side attack rating. Im hoping my defense doesn't suffer to much.

Players to Watch

Josef Eder - Bumped to solid form on thurday and is getting close to excellent PM. Im hoping for his first 3 1/2 star game.

Naftali ben Aharon - First game at passable form and with the starters. Hoping he adds a level to the attack and doesn't hurt the defense to much on that side.

The Match

23000 spectators had come to Maniacal Misfitz Arena this cloudy day. People from all of Florida had joined up for the derby. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Landowski - ben Aharon, Nairn, Ferreira da Silv - Neiweiler, Miller, Noer Mogensen, Eder, Hoekstra - Cano, Wright.

CristinaFC3 had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pupi - Läfbrant, Dalström, Merrill - Haraldsson, Robert, Munson, Garland, Persson - Perales, Stokes.

Maniacals Andi Neiweiler gave, after 22 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right.

Ned Stokes of CristinaFC3 received a yellow card in the 23rd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

In the games 25:th minute CristinaFC3´s Hĺkan Haraldsson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Hĺkan Haraldsson for taking a dive.

38 minutes into the game Roy Hoekstra could see that the opposing goaltender who was too far out. He managed to lob the ball past the keeper - but missed the goal.

In the 40:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Josef Eder dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Maniacal.

In the 43rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Roy Hoekstra dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Maniacal.

Bill Wright of Maniacal received a yellow card in the 45:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Halftime score was 3 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

In the 52nd minute Maniacal´s Bill Wright tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net.

In the 54:th minute Maniacal put themselves up 4 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Abel Cano coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. After this Maniacal lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

The referee showed Maniacals Omar Nairn the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

CristinaFC3 breathed new life into the game with an opportunity to reduce the score in the 67:th minute, but the home side´s defenders cleared the ball on the line, after a long shot coming in from the left, rebounding off the crossbar.

After 73 minutes Andi Neiweiler put Maniacal ahead 5 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Maniacal, with an impressive 61 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Maniacal player was Josef Eder. Roy Hoekstra on the other hand, had a terrible day.
The most dominating CristinaFC3 player was without a doubt Ned Robert. However, Pedro Perales made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 5 - 0

Goals

Andi Neiweiler - 2
Josef Eder - 1
Roy Hoekstra - 1
Abel Cano - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Marcin Landowski - **~

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon - ***
Left Wingback - Ismael Ferreira da Silva - ***

Inner Midfielder 1 - Josef Eder - ***~
Inner Midfielder 2 - Jakob Noer Mogensen - ***
Inner Midfielder 3 - Huey Miller - ***
Left Winger - Roy Hoekstra - **~

Stars - 31.5

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Right Side Attack: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 65

CristinaFC3
Left Side Defence: inadequate - (5)

NSI - 54

Post Game Comments

Oh so nice! Everything went as expected! 5-0 win and no injuries. Doesn't get much better then that. I picked up my first ever "Outstanding Rating". My right side attack got a nice boost from having Naftali ben Aharon playing normal on that side. Plus we still got a solid defensive rating on his side. So it looks like that 47k i spent on him was WELL worth it. Also, Josef did pull his first ever 3 1/2 star rating as expected. My midfield is really getting good.

Random Misfitz Stats.......This was my second best midfield rating ever by a mear 2% and i PIC'ed. I've now won my last 6 league games by incrediable 37 - 2 goals margin. Granted my competion hasn't been all that great, but 2 of those games my back-ups were playing.

The Good

Josef Eder - Grabbed his first ever 3 1/2 star game and only the Misfitz second ever.

Naftali ben Aharon - Played great has a "normal" wingback. Added a level of attack on the right side and still maintained a Solid defensive rating on the right side aswell.

Andi Neiweiler - scored 2 goals and helped get my first ever outstsanding rating.

The Bad

Marcin Landowski - his drop in form lead to only 2 1/2 stars and no excellent defensive ratings.

Around The League

US Rangers - vs - The Minnesota SnowDrifts 2 - 2

Two of the newer teams squared off this week. The US Rangers will probally be the best team out of the bunch but they still need a couple midfielders. At least he got his first point of the season.

Daverules FC - vs - north crowley 2 - 1

The other 2 new teams also played this week and it was pretty dam boring. But DaveRules FC did score in the 85th to win it. I guess thats kind of exciting?

Final Fantasy - vs - Witches 3 - 1

The HUGE game in my divison this week and once again the Witches blew it I told johnny to MOTS this game but he thought he'd still win without a MOTS. FF's midfield was just to much for the Witches. I wanted The Witches to win this game actually cause if they did, and i ran the table i'd be in sole possession of first place. But now even if i run the table i'll have to have a better goal diff. then FF to win the divison. The divison is gonna come down to the last week. It should be interesting!

League Standings

Team-------------------------Played--------------Goals-----------Points

1. Final Fantasy--------------10-----------------40 - 9-------------27

2. Maniacal Misfitz-----------10-----------------43 - 14------------24

3. Witches---------------------10-----------------57 - 14------------22

4. CristinaFC3-----------------10-----------------27 - 26------------13

5. The Minnesota SnowD----10----------------16 - 41-------------13

6. north crowley---------------10----------------15 - 29--------------12

7. Daverules FC----------------10----------------9 - 36----------------6

8. US Rangers------------------10----------------4 - 42----------------1

Second Place now!!! and only 2 goals down to Final Fantasy. 2 weeks from now is the biggest game of the season when i play The Witches at home. Should be a great game!!!

Upnext, This weeks friendly
Old 09-30-2003, 06:19 PM   #97
Havok
College Starter

Update

2 big updates today.....

First off, Since i sold 20 year old Jed Neumann on saturday, i've been looking for a new trainee. Since Jed was my best defensive Midfielder, i've been mainly looking for another defensive middy and i found one in a place i thought i never would...

Torbjörn Jonasson (16573596)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Assessed value: 94 000 US$
Wage: 1 128 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: passable Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: passable
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Paided 142k

Thats a pretty fair price considering where i bought him. Thats the first player i've bought in sweden since i grabed a 17 year old inadequate defender last season when i was training defending. Im also hoping he's somewhat close to solid PM. Jed had almost the same stats expect Jed had wretched passing and excellent PM, and he poped to solid PM at 123k. So my guess is Torbjörn will pop in about 3 weeks(i hope)

New Coach

The other big news is a got a new coach. I really needed a solid coach and now seemed like as good of a time as any to get one. Meet my new coach!

Enrico Mauro Di Tomasso (7167952)
40 years, wretched form, healthy
A solid coach who is fond of attacking
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and upright.
Has outstanding experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: Italia
Assessed value: 0 US$
Wage: 600 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Enrico is only temporary, at most he'll coach the Misfitz for 2 season. Then i'll make Naftali ben Aharon into a coach. I know the poor leadership is gonna hurt my TS some. But my former coach had inadequate leadership and my TS would always fall to Satisfied from POE before my next game. So i won't be losing much.

These 2 moves put me about 125k in the whole and i have an away game next week. So i'll probally be in debt for a few weeks unless i somehow get a good youth pull. But it will be worth it in the long run......
Old 10-01-2003, 10:13 PM   #98
Havok
College Starter

Season 2 - Friendly Game - Round 10

Maniacal Misfitz - vs - Golden Eagles

Since we are out of the FOFC cup, today we take on fellow FOFC'er and Misfitz supporter Goldeneagle and his Golden Eagles GE traines defense and usually runs a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 in friendly's. So im expecting one hell of a boring game. But i did notice he's trying something sneaky on his old buddy Havok. It seems his 2 best midfeilders didn't play in his league game on sunday. I think he's gonna sneak them in on me today and try to beat the unbeatable Misfitz B-team!!! He's in for a rude awakening.... The Misfitz B-squad is unbeatable i tell ya!!! UNBEATABLE!!!

Starters

GK - Stanford Weiss

Central Defender - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby

Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson (Defensive)

Forward 1 - Martin Devátý
Forward 2 - Istvan Strobl

The full B-team now, during my FOFC Cup run when i was playing my b-team in league games, i always stuck my best forward in to boost the attack. Now Istvan is back with the b-team. He pretty much sucks (passable/poor weak exp.) and in weak form. But he's my semi-clown so he serves his purpose. Today also marks the first game of my newest trainee Torbjörn Jonasson. I snatched him up for 142k on tuesday. He's got a good assessd value so im hoping he pops to solid PM quick. I don't expect much of a game out of him since he's only got inadequate stamina. But if he gets me 2 stars i'll be happy.

Players To Watch

Torbjörn Jonasson - first game with the squad, if he gets 2 stars im happy.

Benton Minter - Benton is in solid form now for the first time in a really really long time. If he plays well today i might start him on sunday since i wanna score as much as possible since my divison might come down to goal difference.

The Match

1302 spectators had come to Maniacal Misfitz Arena this cloudy day. Maniacal tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Weiss - ben Aharon, Skogby, Miller - Minter, Tolstoy, Neiva, Jonasson, de Bevere - Devátý, Strobl.

Golden tactics involved an interesting 4-5-1 combination. Lineup: Schultz - Hatton, Silverman, Sinclair, Higgins - Fernández-Cuesta, Bengtsson, Thinggaard, Chu, Dogaru - Young.

Maniacal tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders.

One of many good passes from Benton Minter at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Martin Devátý, scoring for Maniacal to 1 - 0.

Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 24:th minute levelling of scores as Goldens Leonardo Chu equalised to 1 - 1.

Golden had obvious problems in finding their positions.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Maniacal, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

The Golden players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization.

After 53 minutes, Dolf de Bevere swiftly ran past Dan Hatton to put away the 2-1 goal.

After an industrious effort down the middle Istvan Strobl could have closed the game off in the 74:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post.

After 74 minutes Dolf de Bevere made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Martin Devátý who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 3 - 1.

Golden had obvious problems in finding their positions.

Naftali ben Aharon should probably have put his team up another goal in the 76:th minute, but some great goaltending by Jochen Schultz kept the visitors in the game.

In the games 80:th minute Maniacal´s Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby for taking a dive.

Maniacal held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Maniacal´s best player was Naftali ben Aharon. However, Istvan Strobl made a disastrous appearance. Golden´s best player was Roger Bengtsson. However, Dan Hatton made a disastrous appearance.

The match ends 3 - 1

Goals

Martin Devátý - 2
Dolf de Bevere - 1

Player Ratings

GK - Stanford Weiss - **

Right Wingback - Naftali ben Aharon - ***
Central Defender - Vilhelm 'Ströle' Skogby - **~
Left Wingback - Emanuel Miller - **

Right Winger - Benton Minter - ***
Inner Midfielder 2 - Torbjörn Jonasson - **
Left Winger - Dolf de Bevere - **~

Forward 1 - Martin Devátý - **~
Forward 2 - Istvan Strobl - *~

Stars - 26

Team Ratings

Maniacal Misfitz
Midfield: passable - (6)
Right Side Attack: formidable - (9)

NSI - 58

Golden Eagles FC
Right Side Defence: formidable - (9)
Central Defence: outstanding - (10)

NSI - 56

Post Game Comments

Excellent friendly, no injuries, no massive disapointments and i won GE must not have very good TS right now since i actually won possession in both halves. He had 2 excellent PM's play which accounted for 71/2 stars!! Plus i had home field advantage which helped. I actually scored more then i thought i would vs that tough defense. But 2 of the goals were from Dolf's 'quick' skill. I freaking love quick wingers. Torbjörn played as expected in his debu, picked up 2 stars. I can live with that, also Benton Minter got his first ever 3 star game which came as a huge shock to be. He's been in solid form before, but this game he played 11% better then any game he's ever played. must be a very high solid form.

The Good

Benton Minter - if his form doesn't drop he'll play with the starters on sunday. He earned it today....

Torbjörn Jonasson - 2 1/2 stars in his first game with the team. He's got a bright furture ahead of him.

Dolf de Bevere - player of the game. His quick skill account for a goal and an assist. That quick skill alone has gotten me 3 goals this year and 2 assists. Thats amazing....

The Bad

Istvan Strobl - Istvan really stunk it up out there today. In weak for he managed only 1 1/2 stars.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:32 PM   #99
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Hey, I ran a new tactic

Good match. You would have seen the 5-4-1 but I had an injury to a defender. I did sneak a couple of A-teamers in there, since we had an easy league match on Sunday. Hey, I did not want their 'form' to fall.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:11 PM   #100
Havok
College Starter

Im glad i didn't see the 5-4-1, i probally would have fallen asleep on my keyboard watching the game =)