Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #51
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Garage Sale for the Sidekicks

8/13/2003 Sold Peter Kärrbratt to FCF Rakvere 62 000 US$ (41 000 US$)

We bought Karrbratt for $82K, but we knew he wouldn't work out as a trainee soon after that as he had NO secondaries.

8/13/2003 Sold Donny Winters to Mankkaa Murderers 25 000 US$ (54 000 US$)

Donny had passable playmaking, weak passing, and weak defending. But he was 25 and useless. We had been playing him as a winger towards the middle on the "A" squad. He was also an original Sidekick.

8/13/2003 Sold Per Carlsson to K-Wings 15 000 US$ (25 000 US$)

Per is a guy that we bought when injured, hoping for a tidy profit. Instead the profit was only 9K. Oh well.

We are now at $-57 784. This means we have approx. $146K to spend on a new trainee

vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 02:49 PM   #52
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Well, we couldn't find a passable middie with at least inadaquate passing, so we went for an inad. middie. Here's what we just got:

Modi Shpagat (14844324)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is balanced and infamous.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Israel
Assessed value: 28 000 US$
Wage: 744 US$/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: NE Oklahoma Sidekicks
Warnings: 0

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: passable
Winger: wretched Defending: wretched
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

I would normally say that he only cost $11K(which he did), but in reality, he cost much more as our team spirit dropped.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:15 AM   #53
vex
Grizzled Veteran

US Open Cup - Round 4

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks - El marajá

We come into this match, expecting to win, but also knowing that it could be a close one. We are FINALLY at home in the Cup, but of course it comes against a fellow Div. IV opponent. Not a very good one though.

Team Spirit: Satisfied

Weather: Partly Cloudy

Crowd: 30,948 (31,000)

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 30948 to Sidekick Stadium. Sidekicks tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Podboj - Johnson, Vikin, Thompson - Wilson, Issjö, Hrvatic, Shpagat, Mevzun - Perez, Chaloupka.

marajá tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Robbins - Ramírez, Morales, Couture - Cuevas, Tudor, Piot, Andres - Falgård, Butterfield, Melvin.

In the 4:th minute cheers broke out as Ola Issjö found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Sidekicks.

marajá could level the score in the 44:th minute at 1 - 1, as Ricky Cuevas struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked.

Halftime score was 1 - 1.
Sidekicks held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

After 46 minutes marajá put themselves up by 1 - 2 as Fredrik Falgård finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post.

Selim Mevzun pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 51st minute, wove through the guests whole central defense line and put the 2 - 2 equaliser away.

marajá took the lead in the games 75:th minute with 2 - 3 after some elegant plays down the middle. Justin Butterfield was the scorer.

After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 76:th minute, an alert Donald "I don't care if I'm supposed to be playing defensively" Thompson bagged the ball, evening the score to 3 - 3.

The referee showed marajás Fredrik Falgård the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Sidekicks were forced to a substitution as Keith Perez couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment. Patrik Tuvin would sub in.

marajá, bringing the final ball possession rate to 62 percent, dominated the battle.
After the regular 90 minutes, the agonizing of overtime followed.

Patrik Tuvin gave his Sidekicks the lead with 4 - 3, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. With that Sidekicks had won the game in extra time.

The most dominating Sidekicks player was without a doubt Admir Podboj. Modi Shpagat on the other hand, had a terrible day.

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks - El marajá 4 - 3

Well, we definitely got it close enough for me. It turns out that the guy played a 3-4-3 and all-out offensive against me. Almost worked, too. We have lost Keith Perez for 3 weeks. Hopefully, this isn't a career enginf injury for him as he is the oldest Sidekick at 30 yrs of age.

Team Ratings

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: weak (4)
Right Side Defence: solid (7)
Central Defence: solid (7)
Left Side Defence: excellent (8)
Right Side Attack: solid (7)
Central Attack: solid (7)
Left Side Attack: solid (7)

NSI = 55

El marajá
Right Side Defence: inadequate (5)
Central Defence: inadequate (5)
Left Side Defence: weak (4)
Right Side Attack: inadequate (5)
Central Attack: excellent (8)
Left Side Attack: outstanding (10)

NSI = 49

I'm not going to say anything. I lined things up pretty bad. I guess it was a good thing that at the last second I decided to put me "A" team wingbacks.

Stars

Admir Podboj - 3.5

Byron Johnson (Defensive) - 2.5
Mats Vikin - 2
Donald Thompson (Defensive) - 2.5

Ben Wilson (Offensive) - 2
Ola Issjö - 2.5
Modi Shpagat - 1.5
Bojan Hrvatic - 2
Selim Mevzun (Offensive) - 2

Libor Chaloupka - 2
(Sub)Patrik Tuvin - 2

Keeper & Defense - Nothing out of the normal for Admir or the defense.

Midfield - Modi is going to start out at 1.5 stars, yay. Nothing else of interest.

Forwards - Libor may only be an Inad. scorer, but he has passable passing. Sadly enough, he may be contending for a starting spot soon. This is because of the play of Patrik Tuvin. His last few matches have been VERY disappointing.

Around IV.10: Cup style

F.C. Durden - NRH Bulls 2 - 4

It was 2-2 until the 80th minute when NRH scored and then again in the 81st to close the door. They now travel to Oregon to play the Reseda Rollergirls of IV.5, home of FOFC's Louisiana Cyclones and Intercourse Ball Kickers.

Collins Crew - concorde 3 - 2

concorde threw a few starters into this match, including their 4.5 star middie, but still couldn't overcome the Crew's passable midfield with just a weak one of their own.

Midwest Ice Storm FC - FC Westchester 5 - 0

The Sidekicks would like to thank a fellow FOFC team for taking Westchester out back behind the shed for a good 'ole country beatin. Westchester's magnificent central attack was useless against the Ice Storms formidable midfield. Congrats to the Midwest Ice Storm!

Tessier - Joliet Prison 2 - 5

Joliet was only up 3-2 at half, but they absolutely dominated in the second half with an 84% possession rate. That's what happens when passable and poor midfields collide.

Dragons lost Star - AS Baconfats 2 - 1

Ok, NOW, I'm about to go crazy. Baconfats played the same squad as they did against me, and lost. To a VERY inferior team. I'm talking about a 56 vs. 68 NSI. Revenge, revenge, revenge!

goldurnears - Clint's Army 1 - 0

This one was as close as it gets. It seems as if the goldurnears constant PICing is paying off as they reached an excellent midfield once again. This game was actually scoreless at the half even though the goldurnears dominated with a 69% possession rate. Finally in the 61st minuttes, the goldurnears scored! However, it should be noted that the goldurnears only converted on 1 out of 6 attempts on goal. Congrats though for the win!

News and Notes for the Sidekicks

We made $108,141 off of the Cup match.

We now have a whole $39,717 in the bank. This of course means that we have $239, 717 to spend.

I figure to lose about $50K during the economic update, but gain $160,000 during my league match. This will leave me with approx. $400K to spend.

However, I plan to use this money wisely, for once. Here are the options:

1) Buy a better trainee than the scrub I bought today.

2) Buy a 3 - 3.5 star winger and upgrade my defense or forwards.

3) Just hang on to my money.

Any advice?

Training Updates coming tomorrow night!

Last edited by vex : 08-14-2003 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:59 AM   #54
Havok
College Starter

Buy a nice Solid/passable or solid/solid forward with at least weak experiance. =)

should get ya 3 1/2 stars in solid form and set ya back 200-300k
Old 08-14-2003, 11:31 AM   #55
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Re: US Open Cup - Round 4

Quote:
Originally posted by vexroid
[b]NE Oklahoma Sidekicks - El marajá

Around IV.10: Cup style

goldurnears - Clint's Army 1 - 0

This one was as close as it gets. It seems as if the goldurnears constant PICing is paying off as they reached an excellent midfield once again. This game was actually scoreless at the half even though the goldurnears dominated with a 69% possession rate. Finally in the 61st minuttes, the goldurnears scored! However, it should be noted that the goldurnears only converted on 1 out of 6 attempts on goal. Congrats though for the win!

Everyone's a critic - and the rumors of point shaving are heatedly denied

Last edited by robbgmaier : 08-14-2003 at 11:33 AM.
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 03:46 PM   #56
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
[b]
We are now at $-57 784. This means we have approx. $146K to spend on a new trainee

That sounds like HavokLogic(TM) at work (then again, that's unfair- he's out of debt last I checked; not that it means it's still true...)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-14-2003 at 03:46 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:52 PM   #57
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
That sounds like HavokLogic(TM) at work (then again, that's unfair- he's out of debt last I checked; not that it means it's still true...)

SI

Actually, I've stuck to this since TP said that was what he used to do.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:11 PM   #58
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Training Update - Week 4

Possibly the best form update ever for the Sidekicks:

Form:

9 Increases (4 starters)
2 Decreases (0 Starters)

Starting winger, Palmer Needham and starting midfielder, Alanzo Anduaga are now at excellent form.

The form for the starters goes like this:

Excellent: 2
Solid: 2
Passable: 4
Inadequte: 2
Weak: 1

If this doesn't show you how bad we were hurting, I don't know what will.

Value:

13 Increases (8 Starters)
5 Decreases (2 Starters for a combined $4K loss)

Playmaking Bumps

Ola Issjo bumped up to solid PM.

Ola Issjö (10618025)
19 years, weak form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: Sverige
Assessed value: 150 000 US$
Wage: 1 464 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: solid Passing: passable
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: inadequate

He's VERY old for a trainee, but he's going to do for now, as he is a part of the Sidekicks master plan at the end of season 21.

Last edited by vex : 08-14-2003 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:12 AM   #59
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Team Summary

Value per player (average): 110 000 US$ (+$8,250)
Total squad value: 2 420 000 US$ (-$2,000) (Sale of 3 players)
Average age: 21 (-1)
Current form (average): passable (+1)
Experience (average): wretched (Same)
No of players (excluding the coach): 22 (-2)
Number of nationalities: 11 (+1)
Old 08-15-2003, 01:20 AM   #60
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Did You Know?

That while they have made 71 transfers, the NE Oklahoma Sidekicks have never made a transfer with a FOFC team.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:42 AM   #61
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Re: Did You Know?

Quote:
That while they have made 71 transfers, the NE Oklahoma Sidekicks have never made a transfer with a FOFC team.

That got me thinking and I just checked my transfers-
I have made 90 transfers (a lot of dumb ones when I started playing HT)
2 of my first 4 transfers were with FOFC teams...
2/24/2003 Bought Floyd Meek from Galesburg Avengers 2 000 US$ (5 000 US$)
2/24/2003 Bought Peter Hastings from Midwest Ice Storm FC 28 000 US$ (113 000 US$)

Since then I have not made a transfer with an FOFC team BUT
Right now I have a bid on a player from indoorsoccersim (Krondor Lancers) it is just a warm body to fill a hole on the b-team but still an FOFCer....I wonder if there have been many big transfers ($100k+) between FOFC teams, anyone know of any?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:55 AM   #62
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Re: Did You Know?

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug5984
That got me thinking and I just checked my transfers-
I have made 90 transfers (a lot of dumb ones when I started playing HT)
2 of my first 4 transfers were with FOFC teams...
2/24/2003 Bought Floyd Meek from Galesburg Avengers 2 000 US$ (5 000 US$)
2/24/2003 Bought Peter Hastings from Midwest Ice Storm FC 28 000 US$ (113 000 US$)

Since then I have not made a transfer with an FOFC team BUT
Right now I have a bid on a player from indoorsoccersim (Krondor Lancers) it is just a warm body to fill a hole on the b-team but still an FOFCer....I wonder if there have been many big transfers ($100k+) between FOFC teams, anyone know of any?

I don't know of any, and it seems no one else does either.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:02 AM   #63
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Youth Pull - Week 5

Our best pull since mid-season last year.

Ervin Mcnamara (15497431)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A controversial person who is calm and upright.
Has disastrous experience and disastrous leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 127 000 US$
Wage: 1 140 US$/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: inadequate Passing: solid
Winger: wretched Defending: wretched
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: weak

How much will I get for him? At first I thought around 200-300K, but after looking at the wire, it seems that I'll be lucky to get 150k. Opinions?
Old 08-17-2003, 09:37 AM   #64
Havok
College Starter

150-200k sounds about right, but im not sure what forward trainee's are going for these days.

Still a very nice Youth Pull
Old 08-17-2003, 05:19 PM   #65
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Mcnamara is now on the TL for $140K.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:00 PM   #66
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, inflation has hit players like this hard. Anyone below excellent is really feeling the inflation hit the past season and this is a perfect example.

SI

Old 08-20-2003, 11:55 PM   #67
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry for getting behind on this guys, it'll all get updated tonight.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:41 AM   #68
vex
Grizzled Veteran

League Match - Week 4

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks - FC Westchester

Westchester finished 6th in IV.10 last season, but in no way are they a week team and an easy win.

To get an understanding of how much this team and the rest of the teams in IV.10 got better in the offseason due to experince or personel changes, Westchester last season averaged a 52.9 NSI during their league games. This season, they've been averaging a NSI of 69.3. Thing is, EVERY team has done this, even my Sidekicks. Last season I averaged a 54.1, this season I'm at 65.5.

This is insane, but oh well, it beats the heck out of knowing that I was going to win EVERY week in Div. V.

Anyways, back to the matchup

We think this should be a close match, but we have a pretty good shot at winning with our homefield advantage. It all comes down to how well we can control their magnificent central attack.

Here we go!

Crowd: 22804 (31,000)

Team Spirit: Content

Weather: Horned Toad Heaven (Rainy)

Due to an all-day shower, 22804 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Sidekick Stadium. Sidekicks had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Podboj - Johnson, Alonso, Cimpoeru - Mevzun, Andersson, Stensson, Anduaga, Needham - Vãrzaru, Mcnamara.

Westchester had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Jeffrey - Robertsson, Fleming, Johnson - Florence, Ragnarsson, Billflod, Ångander - Reedy, Åkergård, Hörtorp.

After 9 minutes Westchester put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Sten Robertsson finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post.

In the 9:th minute, Sidekicks´s Ervin Mcnamara made a rush down the left, leaving him free to put the 1 - 1 equaliser away.

In the 9:th minute Ervin Mcnamara almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide.

In the 24:th minute cheers broke out as Göran Andersson found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for Sidekicks.

Halftime score was 2 - 1.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Sidekicks, with an impressive 67 percent possession of the ball.

A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Sidekicks´s Alanzo Anduaga was able to shove the ball in. 3-1.

In the 51st minute Sidekicks put themselves up 4 - 1. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Aurelian Vãrzaru coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home.

After an industrious effort down the middle Ervin Mcnamara could have closed the game off in the 52nd minute, but his finishing shot hit the post.

Sidekicks held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

Sidekicks´s best player was Göran Andersson. Selim Mevzun on the other hand, had a terrible day. Westchester´s best player was Henrik 'Strimmo' Ragnarsson. However, Robert Jeffrey made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 1.

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks - FC Westchester 4 - 1

Needless to say I'm impressed. After looking things over, Westchester appeared to have overlooked my Sidekicksand PICed us, focusing on their next week matchup against Div. III relegee(sp?), Joliet. Oh well, their loss, my gain. I think I could have won this game w/o them PICing me, but you never know with how HT is. And actually, this is a monumental win as it is the Sidekicks first Div. IV opponent that wasn't just promoted up or a walkover. So to celebrate, Welch's White Grape Juice, all around!

Team Ratings

NE Oklahoma Sidekicks
Midfield: excellent (8) (Ties for team high)
Central Defence: excellent (8)
Left Side Defence: solid (7)
Central Attack: solid (7)
Left Side Attack: outstanding (10)

NSI = 70 (New team high)

FC Westchester
Central Defence: excellent (8)
Left Side Defence: solid (7)
Central Attack: magnificent (12)
Left Side Attack: passable (6)

NSI = 59

Now, if there were any doubts as to whether they PICed or not, they should be erased after seeing their pathetic "weak" midfield. This will definitely be the lowest NSI we see the rest of the season. They usually run about a passable midfield though, so that would have put their NSI at 65, which is actually still a bit low for them.

Stars Decimals or ***~ Opinions?

Admir Podboj - 3.5

Byron Johnson (Defensive) - 2.5
Miguel Alonso - 2.5
Stefan Cimpoeru (Offensive) - 2.5

Selim Mevzun (Offensive) - 2
Göran Andersson - 3.5
Alanzo Anduaga - 3.5
Conny Stensson - 3
Palmer Needham (Offensive) - 3

Ervin Mcnamara - 2.5
Aurelian Vãrzaru - 2.5

Defense - I would like to see 3 stars from Stefan, but nothing big here.

Midfield - Selim turns in a stellar 2 star performance, I don't want to hear it. Alanzo puts up his first 3.5 star performance of his career, so what if it came while he was in excellent form. I long for the day that Conny gets back up to 3.5 stars.

Forwards - Ervin is just a stud. 1 goal and 2 near misses in his first match! Aurelian on the other hand is still being a disappointment for Sidekick fans worldwide. Word around the organization is that he may be headed out the door soon.

Around IV.10

Joliet Prison - concorde 4 - 2 Joliet simply dominated this matchup, showing why they are co-favorites to win the series.

NE Oklahoma S - FC Westcheste 4 - 1 Woot!

NRH Bulls - AS Baconfats 2 - 2 How Baconfats beat me I'll never know.

goldurnears - Winthrop Ramb 5 - 0 goldurnears pick up their first points

IV.10 Standings

Code:
Team Played Goals Points 1. NRH Bulls 4 18 - 4 10 2. NE Oklahoma Sidekic 4 13 - 6 9 3. concorde 4 13 - 8 9 4. Joliet Prison 4 14 - 8 6 5. FC Westchester 4 10 - 9 6 6. AS Baconfats 4 6 - 8 4 7. goldurnears 4 7 - 18 3 8. Winthrop Ramblers 4 0 - 20 0

Sidekicks Supporters

Morrisville Morrisvillians - Inter-boro 2 - 0 - Nevstar's Morrivillians and their 5-4-1 until they fall asleep strategy prevailed as they are now tied for first by points in V.93 with the Iroquois Natives who are also trainers of the underrated defense.

Houston Hippopotami - Team Groomers 2 - 0 - sterlingice's Hippopotami took the pitch against a decent team, but not Div. IV worthy, and win easily, 2-0. Also, everyone in the Sidekicks organization would like to wish SI a happy birthday!

Pintendre Pittbulls - The Beatdown Collective 1 - 1 - Frogmans Pittbulls tied 1 up against a team that might have been better on paper, but just couldn't play it as Frogman lined his players up perfectly to escape with the tie.

Chesapeake Cheapshots - North County Raiders 1 - 3 - ardent won a game that matched 2 FOFCers, bent on winning this match. ardent had a win streak to protect and QuikSand did what he could as he MOTSed, but to no avail as ardent pulled out with the victory. Also, the Sidekick organization would also like it to be known that we also, heart the Raiders.

The Lazy Fat Kids - Galesburg Avengers 0 - 1 - Normally, if you got an outstanding midfield you would expect an easy win. This was not the case for CoffeeWarlord and his Avengers as they had a tough time penetrating TFLK's supernatural/mythical/magnificent defense.

AKS Sparta Augustow - Golden Eagles FC 0 - 4 - GEFC absolutely dominated the midfield battle in a weak vs. wretched battle. This was the Golden Eagles 2nd win, but they have an instant win next week for the last place squad, the Iron Knights.

Last edited by vex : 08-21-2003 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:23 AM   #69
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wow- your supporters all went undefeated this week. Geez! I can guarantee that won't be the case in a couple of weeks (damn Brooklyn *grumble* *grumble*)

SI

Old 08-21-2003, 08:54 AM   #70
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Watch you be the only team to win that week.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:16 PM   #71
robbgmaier
College Prospect

[Placeholder to cry about losing again.]
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote