Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 PM   #51
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Yul was smart to not go with Cao Boi's strategy. Once they found out neither of them had the idol, he would've been outed. I like the physical challenges.

Well, it would have narrowed it down to him and Adam, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:18 PM   #52
jbmagic
Pro Starter

When they finally merge, do you think the alliance will shift to race sticking together or will the team they just came from stick together?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:36 AM   #53
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
When they finally merge, do you think the alliance will shift to race sticking together or will the team they just came from stick together?

depending on when they merge, there will only be a few of each race, so they will probably stay with the tribal alliances they have now. 4 whites, 4 asian, 3 black, 1 hispanic. The whites seem to have an alliance going with the Candice/Adam stuff, so maybe they would stick together.

Last edited by Joe : 10-20-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:14 AM   #54
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
depending on when they merge, there will only be a few of each race, so they will probably stay with the tribal alliances they have now. 4 whites, 4 asian, 3 black, 1 hispanic. The whites seem to have an alliance going with the Candice/Adam stuff, so maybe they would stick together.

Yeah... I have to wonder if there is another swap-up before the merge too... usually when the teams get this unbalanced in numbers, they try to do something to make it interesting and based on past standards, it's WAY too early to do a merge.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-20-2006, 06:49 AM   #55
Thomkal
Head Coach

I thought the one tribe was stupid to take Nate over Christina at the tribal council twist. I mean they had just admitted that her personality was causing problems in the group. They should have taken her and forced the other tribe to kick out someone they weren't ready to vote out yet.

I think the final merge is going to be an interesting one-will they stick with their current tribes after the merge or try to use their original tribe in some way. I think there will be a lot of alliance shifting.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:51 AM   #56
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I thought the one tribe was stupid to take Nate over Christina at the tribal council twist. I mean they had just admitted that her personality was causing problems in the group. They should have taken her and forced the other tribe to kick out someone they weren't ready to vote out yet.

I think the final merge is going to be an interesting one-will they stick with their current tribes after the merge or try to use their original tribe in some way. I think there will be a lot of alliance shifting.

The best I can figure is they went on the logic of who would help them the most as a permanent member of their tribe. I think it's a bit shortsighted to think that he will be a permanent member of their tribe, but I think this has to be the logic behind it.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #57
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
The best I can figure is they went on the logic of who would help them the most as a permanent member of their tribe. I think it's a bit shortsighted to think that he will be a permanent member of their tribe, but I think this has to be the logic behind it.

they are hoping the next reward challenge is one of strength, leaving the other tribe with only 2 men. nate goes back to the tribe after the reward challenge.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #58
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
they are hoping the next reward challenge is one of strength, leaving the other tribe with only 2 men. nate goes back to the tribe after the reward challenge.

Well, in fairness, they didn't say that specifically. Jeff said "at least through the reward challenge" or something like that.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2006, 06:57 AM   #59
Joe
Pro Starter

oh.. I mustve heard wrong. I'm thinking they will swap tribes when hes suppossed to go back anyway
Old 10-20-2006, 06:59 AM   #60
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
oh.. I mustve heard wrong. I'm thinking they will swap tribes when hes suppossed to go back anyway

My thought to. A few posts earlier I said I expect them to mix it up, and I think that is the spot that they do it. WHich is why they should have done what messes the other tribe up. To me, whenever you have a chance to mess-up the other tribe's vote, you should - because it helps you in the long run if you can cause strife within the other tribe.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2006, 08:47 AM   #61
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Poor Cao Boi. Nobody spelled his name right.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #62
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Dumb, dumb move by Jonathan and Candace. I don't think Adam has enough pull with his tribe to save her. Interesting to see we have reached the jury part without merging.

From the previews, I wonder if the message in the bottle tells who has the individual immunity.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:19 AM   #63
Galaril
Pro Starter

So far Yul has been the most likeliable and standup player. He has played avery smart game and I think, though it is early, has a great chance to go into the full 3-4 people pulling his mouse along(Becky)
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #64
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I wouldn't mind Yul or Ozzy winning the whole thing. Ozzy's been a freakin machine in the challenges with the exception of the last immunity challenge. I'd like to see that tribe go all the way to the final four.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #65
Joe
Pro Starter

well, since Brad is the first member of the jury, that means either there will be a 10 person jury, or a 9 person jury with a 3-person final.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #66
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well, since Brad is the first member of the jury, that means either there will be a 10 person jury, or a 9 person jury with a 3-person final.

Three person final would be very different. It can't be a 10 person jury because that wouldn't make any sense..

Interesting, eh.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #67
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i said the same thing to my wife last night....10 people could allow for a tie, so i am thinking a 3 way final

the fact that everyone left goes to the jury basically guarantees that candace or jonathan cannot win...i dont think it matters who they are up against, they will automatically have 4 votes against them from yul, ozzie, sundra and becky.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #68
Joe
Pro Starter

something else that is possible is if somehow someone doesnt get a vote, or someone gets to vote twice. unlikely to happen, I'd say.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #69
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Even a three person final wouldn't guarantee a winner though. It could still be 3-3-3 or 4-4-1.

There must be another twist somewhere coming up. Like the final two get to decide on a juror being thrown off the jury, or something like that.

It really sucks now with the mutiny because the team that got screwed is actually my favorite group of players and they are in a bad situation now. I thought there was going to be another twist where they say that the team who lost members could pick that many members from the other team, or something along that line.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #70
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Even a three person final wouldn't guarantee a winner though. It could still be 3-3-3 or 4-4-1.

There must be another twist somewhere coming up. Like the final two get to decide on a juror being thrown off the jury, or something like that.

It really sucks now with the mutiny because the team that got screwed is actually my favorite group of players and they are in a bad situation now. I thought there was going to be another twist where they say that the team who lost members could pick that many members from the other team, or something along that line.

I don't know that they got screwed... it at least somewhat depends on when the merge is... I think the 4 of them make for a VERY tough team in challenges, especially the way that they have stupidly split up their teams (i.e. nate and adam are on the reward challenges, not immunity challengeS)...

Quote:
Old 11-10-2006, 07:48 PM   #71
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I don't know that they got screwed... it at least somewhat depends on when the merge is... I think the 4 of them make for a VERY tough team in challenges, especially the way that they have stupidly split up their teams (i.e. nate and adam are on the reward challenges, not immunity challengeS)...

Well, they will have to sit three of 7 the next time around so they could adjust a little bit...

FM
Old 11-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #72
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
Well, they will have to sit three of 7 the next time around so they could adjust a little bit...

FM

Can't sit the same people two challenges in a row.. So, it has to be the same 4 as they are the 4 that sat before...

Quote:
Old 11-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #73
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Neat episode this week... the whole "We hate Jonathan but he's too weak to betray us, so let's get rid of Brad instead" plan was exactly the sort of logical thinking that most Survivor seasons seem to lack.

Oh, and as good as Yul and Ozzie are at the game, I think Nate is starting to steal this show.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #74
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Neat episode this week... the whole "We hate Jonathan but he's too weak to betray us, so let's get rid of Brad instead" plan was exactly the sort of logical thinking that most Survivor seasons seem to lack.

Oh, and as good as Yul and Ozzie are at the game, I think Nate is starting to steal this show.

Are you kidding, Nate! My wife and I were just discussing how Adam and Nate are two of the biggest idiots the show has had on a while. They think they are really smooth but actually don't have clue
Old 11-12-2006, 02:08 AM   #75
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Are you kidding, Nate! My wife and I were just discussing how Adam and Nate are two of the biggest idiots the show has had on a while. They think they are really smooth but actually don't have clue

That's what gets you to the final four!

I think you have to look ahead at who can win thos pesky last man standing challenges at the end and get rid of them. Yul is a player, and therefore could stand on a log in the middle of a river with 350 lbs of rocks on his left shoulder for a day and a half. So I would try to get rid of that guy.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #76
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
That's what gets you to the final four!

I think you have to look ahead at who can win thos pesky last man standing challenges at the end and get rid of them. Yul is a player, and therefore could stand on a log in the middle of a river with 350 lbs of rocks on his left shoulder for a day and a half. So I would try to get rid of that guy.

That is true but flying under the radar can get you pretty far in this game. PLus he has a few things going for him one the little Korean girl is a guaranteed ally period since they are both Korean and those guys always stick together. Also, he has the secret idol to save his ass later.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #77
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
You can be an idiot, and still be a great character.

Or you could be an idiot and be dull as a bag of hammers, like Adam.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #78
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Or you could just hope that, after a season of incredibly intense challenges and the creation of arguably the greatest physical rivalry in the show's history, the producers decide to go with a crappy balance contest at the end that nobody weighing more than 120 lbs could ever win.

Nah, that would never happen.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #79
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
PLus he has a few things going for him one the little Korean girl is a guaranteed ally period since they are both Korean and those guys always stick together.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #80
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Or you could just hope that, after a season of incredibly intense challenges and the creation of arguably the greatest physical rivalry in the show's history, the producers decide to go with a crappy balance contest at the end that nobody weighing more than 120 lbs could ever win.

Nah, that would never happen.

Yeah, that one was as fixed as it could ever be.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:59 PM   #81
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths View Post

Not too get off track here but Koreans on both sides of theDMZ especially in the South blame the US and to a lesser extent USSR-Japan for the war and the split of the country. I lived there for 11 years and married a Korean. So, believe me when I say Koreans stick together period. They have an extremely strong concept of Korean and everyone else.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #82
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not too get off track here but Koreans on both sides of theDMZ especially in the South blame the US and to a lesser extent USSR-Japan for the war and the split of the country. I lived there for 11 years and married a Korean. So, believe me when I say Koreans stick together period. They have an extremely strong concept of Korean and everyone else.

what, so you that makes you some kind of authority or something?

i agree that becky and yul are pretty much the tightest pair left from the ethnic tribes...i dont see parvati backing up candace as much as she seems to think is going to happen...if i were parvati, i would be a bit pissed, seeing as how her strategy was to flirt with all the guys, and now candace is there, who, IMO, is better looking.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #83
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Poor Yul.

The tribe of four keep rolling and the green bottle rocks. Nate better hope the merge is next because the caucasian alliance looks stronger than the Raro tribe one.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:37 AM   #84
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Dam, was hoping to see Jonathan go next. He is annoying as hell. At this point I like the underdogs, Nate (now and underdog in his tribe) and the tribe of 4 that just keeps kicking major butt in the challenges.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #85
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

FWIW, I am probably an exception to this rule but I'm not partial to Koreans at all...and I'm full-blooded Korean.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #86
Subby
lolzcat

Ozzy has to go in the pantheon of greatest Survivors at this point, right?

Tom, Terry, Ozzy...who else?
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:43 AM   #87
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Ozzy has to go in the pantheon of greatest Survivors at this point, right?

Tom, Terry, Ozzy...who else?

I agree Ozzy has to be one of the strongest competitors, if not the strongest competitors. They mix up in my mind at times, but I believe either Tom or Terry was only the strongest because they voted off all of the young guys. Ozzy has been strong from the very beginning.

I would say Stephanie was pretty strong, but she was also a loser as well.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #88
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Man, I gotta say I loved that twist. I was completely expecting them to say who had the hidden imunity, but then they throw that on us. Wow. I hate Johnathan, but at the same time, feel he has done a good job going from outsider to provider to now a main tribe member. I'm hoping the other Raro tribe members start to notice the strong candace/adam connection and take one of them out.

My Top 3 Hopefulls:
Ozzy
Yul
Nate
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #89
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm definitely rooting for Yul. Seems like a smart, good guy.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #90
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I want either Yul or Ozzy to win it all.

I don't think they will have a merge this season.

Merge sucks because its usually one team picking off the other team depending who has the most players on the team prior to the merge.

Everybody better break up that white alliance soon or they are making the top 4. If you notice they voted the same.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:13 PM   #91
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yul have good AI.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #92
Jas_lov
College Starter

huge move by Jonathan and although this means we'll likely have to put up with him for a while longer I like the fact that Ozzy and Yul will probably have a chance to battle it out till the end. If Yul can get it down to the final 5 they have in tact he has a huge advantage because he has the hidden immunity idol and Jonathan by his side who trusts him more than Ozzy. Yul will vote off Ozzy as soon as he can, take Jonathan to the final 2 and win in a landslide, at least that's what I think will happen now. It might have been better to see the look on the Raro tribe's faces when Yul pulled out the idol and sent Nate home, but this was good too. I'm as shocked as Jonathan that the Raro tribe wasn't even considering voting off one of the girls who hadn't even been to exile island just to be sure instead of the smartest guy left in the game!
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #93
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Great episode tonight. Jonathan held all of the cards and he did the right thing. He can play it off as he was playing the game and he's assured a higher spot than he would have previously. I don't see how Ozzy or Yul will be voted off unless it's by luck. Ozzy will dominate the physical challenges and Yul is adept at the mental challenges.

Next week's preview looked great! Aitu eats while the others don't!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #94
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I can't wait till next week episode. That was a brilliant move to reveal the idol to Jonathan to sway him to their side while at the same time being having to have to use it.

What jacked it up for the other tribe was that Candace revealed that Jonathan was going to be next. Without that information, Jonathan may have stayed on the other side.

I am glad to see the deserted tribe lasted this long and next week should be some good entertainment.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:15 PM   #95
Dutch
"Dutch"

Did they say Jonathan would be next? I loved Nate's parting words, classic.

And I like Jonathan a lot more than I did, probably because he's entertaining. His comment about possibly betraying every single person in the game before actually doing to it was outstanding.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #96
Kodos
Resident Alien

Loved last night's episode. I'd be happy with either Yul or Ozzy winning it all, although I prefer Yul.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #97
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Loved last night's episode. I'd be happy with either Yul or Ozzy winning it all, although I prefer Yul.

Same here, but I kind of see Ozzy's folks getting trounced the next couple of weeks and then Ozzy possibly running the table as a loner. He seems to be "that guy" that will dominate in the individual challenges.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #98
saldana
Pro Starter

did anyone else notice that jonathan appeared to be sporting wood when he dropped away from his pole during the challenge? if you have it on tivo, go back and watch it, it was pretty funny

also, i think i would have had a problem making out with a chick that hasnt showered or shaved in almost a month

nate's departure clip was possibly the best one in the history of the show

i cant wait for adam, candace and parvati to lose it next week....this weeks show restored my faith in Survivor...the scheming that is going on now is as good as it was in the best seasons of the show.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #99
Fouts
College Starter

I enjoyed the episode. The strategy talk between Yul and Jonathan was great. You don't see much of that on this show (although you should).
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #100
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
did anyone else notice that jonathan appeared to be sporting wood when he dropped away from his pole during the challenge? if you have it on tivo, go back and watch it, it was pretty funny
Ugh! Now when we watch it again I'll be looking for it! Damn you!!!

Anyhow, Nate's exit was okay, IMHO. He seemed to forget how he backstabbed Brad by totally saying to him, "Jonathan's gone and he doesn't even know it!" and then voted Brad off.

My favorite part last night was when Yul wiped his hand off after he shook hands with Jonathan.