Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #51
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
How long does it actually take you to play a game with those timing settings?

About an hour and 5 minutes.

Just got my ass handed to me by the Packers 38-10 with the Bears in the pouring rain. Cutler sucked, 4 ints and a fumble. Devin Hester is a lot of fun to play with, almost broke a couple kickoff returns but just got tripped up.

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #52
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agreed...I told my brother that it's the best soundtrack to any sports game.

I HATE the music in this game. Hate it. I would only listen to a couple of these songs outside of a video game anyway but I think I already disabled a couple of songs from the menu including the Killswitch Engage song. It's just not my type of music. Although I can't stand the music anymore I prefer something like the NHL 09 soundtrack, which is mediocre at best, to something I just don't care for. To each his own though.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #53
SegRat
High School Varsity

I got a few more games in today, and after every game I come away a little more impressed each time. I love being able to stand in the pocket. I love being able to lead WR's. I love that QB's no long play like robots. To me this is the best football game since Tecmo Super Bowl. It's goping to be a long time until I put this game down.

I have to mention that last night when I was in line to pick the game up, Hornswoggle was about 5 people in front of me.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:44 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Do QB's fumble when they are hit from behind? Not a floater pass but just fumble. This is the biggest cause for fumbles in the NFL and is never clearly recognized in Madden.

Yes, the floater pass is the more common result, but fumbles do occur from hits from behind. I lost a game because of that today when I foolishly tried to throw it on 3rd and 5 at midfield with 1 minute left instead of just running it. McNabb was hit from behind by Aaron Curry who came on an outside blitz and he was stripped. One of their linemen picked it up and rumbled for about 20 yards until Jackson caught him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #55
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Anyone find a menu for formation specific subs that you can mess with outside of the playcalling screen?
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #56
Izulde
Head Coach

I've resisted the NCAA urge, but this thread is putting the Madden urge in me. Damn you all!

Maybe I should go sim another game in Bengals historical FOF to resist the tempation.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #57
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Manning has thrown three picks in my week 2 game as Miami, all of them returned for touchdowns. It's the only reasons I'm winning as Pennington has three picks himself to go with a lost fumble, and Ted Ginn fumbled on a punt return inside my own 10 yard line to setup an Indy touchdown.

Now Pennington has an abdominal strain and I was presented with the option of rushing him back with a "medium" re-injury risk, which is kind of cool. Instead I put White in (Henne is also hurt) and the one time Ginn got open deep he overthrew him by five yards.

Are the AI QBs throwing a lot of picks in your games?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 AM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Manning has thrown three picks in my week 2 game as Miami, all of them returned for touchdowns. It's the only reasons I'm winning as Pennington has three picks himself to go with a lost fumble, and Ted Ginn fumbled on a punt return inside my own 10 yard line to setup an Indy touchdown.

Now Pennington has an abdominal strain and I was presented with the option of rushing him back with a "medium" re-injury risk, which is kind of cool. Instead I put White in (Henne is also hurt) and the one time Ginn got open deep he overthrew him by five yards.

Are the AI QBs throwing a lot of picks in your games?

I've turned interceptions down to 15 for both sides (same as I'm using for NCAA actually) and it has been a reasonable number - some games none, 1 is usually common and the most I've had is 3 against Tavaris Jackson.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:39 AM   #59
SegRat
High School Varsity

I also turned INT's down. Not sure what I turned it down to off the top of my head.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:16 AM   #60
ColtCrazy
College Starter

For anyone up, I'm leaving for a Madden tournament in a few hours to try to win a copy of the game. I'm likely to be playing against the Colts (local team) or Steelers (defending champs) a lot. What teams seem to match up well against them?

Loving the talk about realistic play. Hopefully that stops the guys that drop back 20 yards and do nothing but throw deep.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #61
Philliesfan980
Banned

What are the slider settings most of you are using so far?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:24 AM   #62
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I HATE the music in this game. Hate it. I would only listen to a couple of these songs outside of a video game anyway

Agreed! It is awful! I just turned them all off as I didn't want to hear the 1-2 songs I actually cared for be played over and over.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #63
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Dola,

Has anyone found good sliders which provide realistic pancake totals; ones that would match a typical simmed franchise game? This is the only hangup I have so far before starting my franchise...that, and I'm not sure which team to be!

Bengals
Browns
Bucs
Lions (my favorite...always feel dirty taking them)
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks
49ers
Jaguars
Old 08-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #64
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Played one half of Cardinals vs Patriots last night, me as Patriots. Man that Patriots offense is good, we got up 14-0 with two long drives, then Warner picked us apart on his second drive to get back within 7. Next possession Brady threw a pick when he was getting hit just as he let go and the ball floated a bit. Really liked the gameplay I saw, I could even run the ball decently (not just 2-3 yard gains with the occasional breakaway, I was picking up 5-6 yards regularly with one breakaway on a pitch and got stuffed once). Franchise to start once the alluded-to launch-day patch is out (didn't see it last night, and perhaps the info was wrong).
Old 08-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Played one half of Cardinals vs Patriots last night, me as Patriots. Man that Patriots offense is good, we got up 14-0 with two long drives, then Warner picked us apart on his second drive to get back within 7. Next possession Brady threw a pick when he was getting hit just as he let go and the ball floated a bit. Really liked the gameplay I saw, I could even run the ball decently (not just 2-3 yard gains with the occasional breakaway, I was picking up 5-6 yards regularly with one breakaway on a pitch and got stuffed once). Franchise to start once the alluded-to launch-day patch is out (didn't see it last night, and perhaps the info was wrong).

I'm waiting for that patch as well to start my dynasty. Rumor on OS is that the developers decided to delay it a bit to squeeze in 1 or 2 more things, but that it should be out within the next week. Next big roster update is also due next week on the 19th.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-15-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #66
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm waiting for that patch as well to start my dynasty. Rumor on OS is that the developers decided to delay it a bit to squeeze in 1 or 2 more things, but that it should be out within the next week. Next big roster update is also due next week on the 19th.

Do you know if they are planning on releasing another roster when the season starts? I'm just trying to decide when to start my franchise, although I'm not sure the changes would be material between the 19th and the start of the season.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #67
rowech
Pro Starter

Played this morning with Carindals versus Chargers. I was San Diego and lost 52-41. Don't ask. In any case, if someone has time, use the Chargers and see if Gates is unstopable for you. I threw to him for 301 yards on 15 catches. They had no answer for him as he's constantly too fast for whoever is covering him.

Don't ask about my own pass defense as it's horrid.

Last edited by rowech : 08-15-2009 at 09:57 AM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #68
Galaril
Pro Starter

I do n't have a console. Does anyone have it for PC and how is that version of it?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #69
Kodos
Resident Alien

There isn't a PC version.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #70
Balldog
Pro Rookie

If anyone wants to play online on the 360 this weekend let me know. I'll be available today 2-4pm (EST) and after 9pm tonight. Same tomorrow...hopefully!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
Do you know if they are planning on releasing another roster when the season starts? I'm just trying to decide when to start my franchise, although I'm not sure the changes would be material between the 19th and the start of the season.

They have said they will also release a more updated roster at the start of the season, but I'm probably going to start a franchise next weekend anyway. They are also going to do 1 more patch that will be more comprehensive than the first patch but probably won't be released for a month or two.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-15-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #72
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I know that nobody cares in particular, but according to IGN Madden for the Wii,

"As for the other modes players know and love, Franchise, Superstar, and situational mode are included, but they're hidden away as unlockable bonus modes,"

Maybe it doesn't take much to unlock it, and I know the Wii is supposed to be for the casual crowd but how do you make FRANCHISE mode an unlockable? I would think its the main reason get the game, even casual players.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #73
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yes, they are easily unlockable with a code. They are separated from the rest of the game because they don't follow the same UI as the rest of the game and they almost cut it because they didn't have time to update the hundreds of screens they contain with the new UI. Instead of cutting them they just did this to keep it separate. For those that want it it's really easy to unlock just:

From the main menu, select EA Extras and then point and click on Enter Game Code. Enter the code as you see it below, without spaces in between each word.

Franchise Mode: TEAMPLAYER

Superstar Mode: EGOBOOST

Situation Mode: YOUCALLIT

Super Bowl Stadium: THEBIGSHOW

Pro Bowl Stadium: ALLSTARS

Master Code (unlocks everything): THEWORKS

For things like franchise mode, it is essentially the same as 09 for the Wii version, especially in the UI. The gameplay itself, of course, uses the Madden 10 game engine, which is the main thing (at least for me). But, basically, the Madden Wii team spent so much time updating the guts of the game and the UI for the newer stuff to the new direction they didn't have time to do everything. I am very happy with the sacrifice (the UI and guts of the franchise mode is WAY less important to me than the in-game play and new art style on the field plus the newer controls--ie the point to pass controls--so if it meant not getting the new stuff until next year, I'm happy with the sacrifice (that was a brutal sentence but I don't care).

Last edited by MJ4H : 08-15-2009 at 11:56 AM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #74
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Double Dola -

One thing that I'm impressed with is that the computer did a very good job on punts of kicking it away from DeSean Jackson. Also, after Macklin returned a kickoff for a TD, they kicked it away from him every time and squibbed it at the end of the half.

More Maclin!!! I bet playing offense is a blast with that speed the Eagles have.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #75
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I went ahead and picked up my copy yesterday and had a chance to finally get a game in.

So far, I'm impressed.. I do miss the player lock feature on defense, but so far, the game is quite fun to play.

I saw a ton of FOF'ers playing just a bit ago.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #76
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I went ahead and picked up my copy yesterday and had a chance to finally get a game in.

So far, I'm impressed.. I do miss the player lock feature on defense, but so far, the game is quite fun to play.

I saw a ton of FOF'ers playing just a bit ago.

There's something called Player lock in the game. I have no idea what it is but if you hit one of the sticks, one of the directions, locking certain players become options. Of course, I have no idea if this is what you're talking about.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #77
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Stupid me question. When calculating total number of plays do you include punts and field goal attempts? I'm on a quest to get a realistic numbers of plays(125 is the number I'm aiming for).

I have noticed in this quest of mine that the game does not consider a QB sack to be a play(unless I'm just not adding things right). When the game calculates total number of plays(like what they display during the half time show) it seems to me that they simply add the total number of pass attempts to the total number of rush attempts for a team. Since a QB sack is neither a rush attempt or a pass attempt in the game it doesn't get counted.

This has made counting plays a little trickier.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #78
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Stupid me question. When calculating total number of plays do you include punts and field goal attempts? I'm on a quest to get a realistic numbers of plays(125 is the number I'm aiming for).

I have noticed in this quest of mine that the game does not consider a QB sack to be a play(unless I'm just not adding things right). When the game calculates total number of plays(like what they display during the half time show) it seems to me that they simply add the total number of pass attempts to the total number of rush attempts for a team. Since a QB sack is neither a rush attempt or a pass attempt in the game it doesn't get counted.

This has made counting plays a little trickier.

Add sacks via the defensive stats page. From what I was told, over at OS, you want 125 plays which would be total pass and rush attempts plus sacks. I guess FG attempts and punts are not factored in.

I'm not positive this is how the franchise sim engine is set up...that to me is the key thing to match.

Anyone have any luck producing pancake blocks? With run block at 100 I still only saw about 2 per team when I played the Bears as the Lions (using DrewBledsoe's sliders via OS Madden slider forum).
Old 08-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #79
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
There isn't a PC version.

Ah yes I see that now. Oh well my 40 years old reflexes weren't good enough to keep up with Madden on console anyways. So fuck EA
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #80
Calis
College Starter

Well I haven't bought a Madden version since 2002 or 2003 I believe(I'm a 2k5 fanatic still), but I usually give them a rental, and usually am instantly disappointed and turn it back in. I've only had a chance to play one game of 10 so far, but I'm very impressed. The game felt smooth, and I even enjoyed the hell out of playing defensive line. I was the 'Skins and using Haynesworth was a blast. Really feel like you're working to get past the lineman, and it also just feels better for collapsing holes. The mass feels right if that makes sense.

Offensively it went ok. Hard to say with just one game, but Portis started out very strong for me and then they really started focusing on him and Campbell was able to complete some passes(Cooley was clutch for me). Game was too quick with the default settings, but I think Campbell ended up 10-14 for a little over 200 yards. I was throwing mostly short passes though, so not many chances for me to screw it up.

Everything feels pretty tight, and the presentation is top notch. It might finally be time to retire 2k5 and move on to this if things hold up.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #81
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Ah yes I see that now. Oh well my 40 years old reflexes weren't good enough to keep up with Madden on console anyways. So fuck EA

Well, this version has a game speed setting so your 40-year-old reflexes might cut it on Very Slow
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #82
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Finally got what I feel are close to the right sliders for myself after about 5 exibition games and bit the bullet on a Bears franchise.

Week one sees me destroy the Pack to the tune of 34-10. Week two sees Willie Parker cut through me like butter and Cutler throw 4 picks against the Steelers. Back down to earth I guess.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #83
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's something called Player lock in the game. I have no idea what it is but if you hit one of the sticks, one of the directions, locking certain players become options. Of course, I have no idea if this is what you're talking about.

I believe that just locks you to one player for the game. In NCAA, you click the L stick and the view switches to the defensive side of the ball with the player you have selected.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #84
sooner333
College Starter

I've never really been a Madden guy, but I'm slowly getting convinced to get it. And I already wanted to get NCAA and Tiger Woods.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #85
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

I had a stack of trade-ins lying around, so took the plunge. (extra 25% on your trade-ins @ Gamestop, btw).

Presentation's definitely better. Have only played one full game so far, but that's further than I got with 08 or 09. Announcing isn't too annoying yet. Gameplay is very enjoyable. I don't know if it's 2k5-level yet, but it's in the ballpark for sure. Not a fan of the menu system, haven't been for a couple iterations now.

I have to admit I miss the mini-games from 06-07. Am I the only one? Wonder if it'll be DLC... the mini-games in this one blow, but that's far from a deal-breaker. Along those same lines, the goals and records in 2k5 were a great feature, figured Madden would keep/improve upon that idea. I liked watching the end of the game where it would rack up how many long plays you had, 100+ yard rushing, etc etc.

Went through an off-season and draft - that was disappointing. Maybe I just missed it, but there was no scouting whatsoever and no training camp.

For the game, I took the Raiders (+free agents Plexico Burress and an OLB I can't remember). Played Denver, and stomped them (wheeeeeee). The 'My Skill' option looks intriguing, but forgot to turn it on until about halfway through. Denver couldn't run on me; Orton sliced me for a lot of yards (and their only TD, a 77-yarder to C. Jackson), but ultimately lost the game because of his 4 INTs. Sounds about right. He avoided Asomugha for the most part, and paid for it when he didn't. The Raiders jumped out to a fluky 4-0 start on the season (Garcia starting for an injured Russell) - then could only beat KC and Cincy the rest of the way, with Russell back. Again, sounds about right.

So, my 'initial impression' is that the game itself is better - love the game speed - but the franchise mode is a step back so far. I'm thinking some of that is addressed in the looming patch, and probably in the DLC.

Last edited by Jughead Spock : 08-15-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #86
Balldog
Pro Rookie

After 5 games my only complaints are, the play-by-play sometimes just doesn't make sense or reflect what actually happened and wide receivers do not attempt to get two feet inbounds on sideline catches. Other than that it is GREAT.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post

Went through an off-season and draft - that was disappointing. Maybe I just missed it, but there was no scouting whatsoever and no training camp.

I don't believe there is any training camp, but scouting is in the game. You scout during the regular season each week.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #88
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Picked this up today though I wasn't planning on it.

Started a franchise with the Browns and instantly learned that the trade AI is flawed as I was able to pick up Felix Jones from the Cowboys for a 2nd round pick. I then turned around and traded Jamal Lewis to the Raiders for a 2nd, 5th and some scrub CB who was rated 39 overall so that the Raiders would have roster space for Lewis.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #89
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Played this morning with Carindals versus Chargers. I was San Diego and lost 52-41. Don't ask. In any case, if someone has time, use the Chargers and see if Gates is unstopable for you. I threw to him for 301 yards on 15 catches. They had no answer for him as he's constantly too fast for whoever is covering him.

Don't ask about my own pass defense as it's horrid.

Not quite what you were looking for but I just played San Diego and Gates tore my guys apart. I think Rivers completed 80-90% of his passes to Gates. Their defense kicked my butt too.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:16 PM   #90
SegRat
High School Varsity

Played an awsome game tonight. I was the Bengals playing against the Titans. I held the Titans in check all game, though I think I need to mess with the sliders a little more as I held Chris Johnson to a 2.6 yards a carry. The Titans held me in check almost the enitre game. On the final drive of the game Carson Palmer finally got a little time to throw and Ocho came up big catching the game winning TD with 4 seconds left as the Bengals win 7-3. This is the most fun I have had with a football game in a long, long time.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #91
bhlloy
Coordinator

Also just got my first game in, a preseason tilt as the Bengals vs the Saints. I agree with everything here, it's pretty damn fun so far. Need to jack the defensive skill up quite a bit as Brees couldn't do anything against a pretty bad Bengals defense, but couldn't ask for much more at this point.

The pass rushing/blocking is absolutely brilliantly done, I switched to a 3-4 and it's awesome calling middle linebacker blitzes and just creating havoc with Maualuga. Really feels like there is defensive strategy in this one and the chess match that goes on matching up blitzes vs protection like in real life.

The passing game is also a million times better, Ochocinco and Coles were making plays left and right for me and going to get the ball when I threw it to them in single coverage (at least until I got Chad injured for five weeks - oops. Went straight into depth chart and moved all my half decent players way down the list after that) Even my backup receivers will make some nice plays if matched up against a backup corner rather than just watching the corner make the play.

Running is better with the slower speed, and it's great that players have distinctive styles. Bush made a few plays in open space against me and was totally useless up the middle, whereas Benson and Leonard didn't break a lot of big runs but when I was able to get them into the second level, they dragged quite a few tacklers for some extra yards.

I did notice a couple of the annoyances in this thread. Receivers stepped out of bounds for no reason a couple of times when they had plenty of room to drag the feet, that looks like a pretty bad bug or oversight. And even with jacking the penalty sliders up I think I only got one holding call (on an extra point) and one false start. Other than that, I think I'm going to get a ton of play out of this one.

Only other negative I can think of is that the roster ratings are heavily slanted towards older players who really aren't that effective anymore. I thought they were really making an effort to make the ratings better and more realistic this year. But that is hopefully pretty easily fixable in this age of online rosters (assuming they put this function in)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:49 AM   #92
Epi_862
Mascot

I got something like 15 games done now, and a couple of things stand out.

-> Run blocking is really bad, i dont think it has changed much from last year. Before adjustments, the cpu was under 3 YPC on most games, and im always under 4. I took up the run block slider to 75, and the very next game Marion Barber killed me with an 8.2 YPC, but guessing it was just an anomaly. After that, the CPU went back to about 3YPC.

Now, this is really killing me, since the game is REALLY fun, but i have to have realistic running, and maybe i need to play with the sliders more.

-> My TE Donald Lee is 2nd in the NFL in cathces. 3rd in rec yards. So i guess the tight ends are a bit overpowered right now. Guys like Donald Driver and Greg Jennings seem unable to beat man coverage consistently at all, which is strange but no game killer.

...But yeah, all in all, the gameplay is still damn awesome. If i get some of these anomalies out, i'll be paying a long time.
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:35 AM   #93
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
-> My TE Donald Lee is 2nd in the NFL in cathces. 3rd in rec yards. So i guess the tight ends are a bit overpowered right now. Guys like Donald Driver and Greg Jennings seem unable to beat man coverage consistently at all, which is strange but no game killer.
I think this has more to do with how you play rather than your guys getting open. I know I can be the same way and I just look to the middle of the field for receivers and that's where the TE's are.

I've played 24 games online (20-4 record ) with 20 different teams and the 1 thing I am liking the most is having to play to teams strengths. No longer are there money plays that you can run with any team or any player. You truly have to play a realistic style of football. I just had a game with the Dolphins where I passed the ball only 6 times (6-6 around 200 yards, 2 TDs ) and pounded the ball around 20-25 times. I ran the wildcat and kept the defense off balance by mixing in a few playaction passes out of the formation. It felt like I was watching a real game of football.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #94
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

DB (DrewBledsoe) sliders on OS are really starting to take shape. He and others have found a way to eliminate the constantly open flat passes by increasing the speed threshold up to 75. This helps the LB's keep up more with RB's although not enough that they will be catching them all from behind. Brilliant move! Now we just need a solution to the pancake blocking which is NOT tied into the run block slider we've confirmed.

He is still tinkering but this guy seems like one of us, he knows real football and is trying his best to emulate it with Madden 10.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #95
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Not quite what you were looking for but I just played San Diego and Gates tore my guys apart. I think Rivers completed 80-90% of his passes to Gates. Their defense kicked my butt too.

I worry that Tight Ends might be unstoppable in this game. Nobody ever covers them and if they do get any coverage, a good one like Gates, just blows by them.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #96
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
DB (DrewBledsoe) sliders on OS are really starting to take shape. He and others have found a way to eliminate the constantly open flat passes by increasing the speed threshold up to 75. This helps the LB's keep up more with RB's although not enough that they will be catching them all from behind.

I'm guessing this will help with the dominate TE play too!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #97
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I'm guessing this will help with the dominate TE play too!

Yeah, that's right, or at least that's what we were thinking!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm wondering if speed backs will be able to rush outside effectively with speed threshold at 75. I guess I'll give it a try for myself later today.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #99
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Okay, going down to get the game today. Today is my last official day off before school starts back up, gotta get some game time in.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #100
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Tried some Superstar last night. It felt like we weren't getting enough plays in with the default 7 minute quarters, so I tried the 15 minute quarters / accelerated clock / 20 second runoff, and apparently that ONLY applies to live plays. The supersim side doesn't care and runs plays like mad. There was something like 1200 yards of offense in my Denver / San Fran preseason game. So, um, only use the 15 minute quarters if you are playing the game out and not intending to supersim.

And being Oakland's QB is no fun. Created a QB superstar, Oakland grabbed me, and I had about 1.5 seconds to find an open receiver before the D-Line was on me. Sounds about right for that team...