Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #51
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Probst's facial expression was absolutely priceless when the guys showed up at tribal tonight.

FM

FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #52
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Ha ha, these guys are a bunch of idiots.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
I don't get why they don't just blindside him. It's not like he is a guy who is going to dominate challenges for them.

Because it seems like this group is a bunch of idiots. Some players from the past must be laughing their asses off at them.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #54
Kodos
Resident Alien

Colton really is making this season borderline unwatchable.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #55
LloydLungs
College Prospect

This is the first time in 24 seasons it's crossed my mind to stop watching until someone is voted out. Colton is absolutely revolting. I'm only staying in this because I'd miss Cesternino's weekly podcast. But it's tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Ahh, you pretty much beat me to it.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 03-07-2012 at 11:14 PM.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #56
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Colton is a pampered jackass..... "I know black people, my servants" Did we just end up about 150 years in the past?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #57
LloydLungs
College Prospect

It seems like a few seasons ago, somebody in casting flipped the switch on casting genuinely malignant assholes versus the roguish jackass fun villain types we used to see (i.e. Boston Rob, Jerri, etc). Russell was just the beginning, they're really stepping it up with this guy. I have no desire to watch an entitled racist prick run the game for no discernible strategic reason every week. Geez.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #58
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife put it perfectly, he is disgusting. He also was very crass about leif calling him an oompa-loompa and saying he was going to send him back to Oz. I agree he makes the show almost unwatchable, and he is the kind of guy that is someone called him a fag he would be screaming about discrimination and insensitivity. I hope someone on the street kicks the shit out of him after watching this.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #59
Suicane75
Coordinator

The only thing more disgusting than Colton are the people blindly following him.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #60
larrymcg421
Head Coach

At first I couldn't believe he trotted out the "I'm not racist because I have black friends" cliche (why do people still not realize how stupid this sounds?), but then to say that the black friend he knows is his family's servant just made my jaw drop.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #61
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And here I thought this season was going to be a clean slate of people just playing the game. Why can't people leave their horrible baggage and personality behind. This is horrible.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #62
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm guessing the "surprise" next week is that they will shuffle up the tribes?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #63
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow this is the worst group of Survivors ever. Women being blown out at least twice-men completely choking when they had one of the big leads, and now this the single dumbest move in Survivor history-I mean they didn't even vote out the guy they all said (well not Colton) had to go because he was a traitor. Leif (another stupid move to tell Bill about Colton wanting to vote him out) needs to go for broke and try an orchestrate a blindside against Colton or at least get him to play his Idol (which none of them have ever seen) so he doesn't have as much power as he does now. And just don't get me started on Colton's statements at Tribal.

I think the surprise is either the merger or the shuffling up of the tribes.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #64
Suicane75
Coordinator

I really hope it's not a merge or a shuffle. I hate when they set the game up one way just to switch it up a few weeks later. The two tribes, one beach thing, is the only saving grace with this hapless cast.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 03-08-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #65
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

That tribal council was like something an evil Jeff Probst made in a laboratory out of the pieces of other terrible tribal councils.

- Epically stupid strategic decision? check
- Racism? check
- A cranky old man who wants everyone to stop saying there's such a thing as racism? check
- Colton? check (sorry, he's become a category of his own)
- Entire thing builds up to a suspenesful vote that turns out not to be suspenseful at all? check
- The only character you could vaguely stand being the one who gets sent home? check

Colton is now officially into "hit fast forward on the PVR whenever he's on screen" mode.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 03-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #66
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:

Concur, needs to go NOW!!!!!! Next play hasto be force the idol out.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #67
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
I don't get why they don't just blindside him. It's not like he is a guy who is going to dominate challenges for them.

I am never been one to physically threaten someone for being different but this Colton guy I would make an exception and introduce him to a blanket party Full Metal Jacket style.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #68
SportsDino
College Prospect

They must have really worked the casting agency hard to find not only the fakest player in history (Colton, everything about him screams fraud) but about 7 bonafide yes men to follow him along.

Is this show running on a script now? This seems like something out of a bad writer's imagination, nothing about it makes the least bit of sense.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #69
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Mrs Tyke threatened to stop watching as well because of him. He is SO unbelievably offensive. I hope as they are playing it back he sees what a complete frickin' ass he is, but I fear his country club posse won't let him forget he is "privileged".

OMG...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #70
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

My only hope for this season with Colton is that he's dominating the airtime right now. In some seasons, being all over every episode for a few weeks means you're about to go home.

Of course, sometimes you also get a Russel situation where it means that you're just going to be the main character for every week of the entire season. God help us.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #71
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
My only hope for this season with Colton is that he's dominating the airtime right now. In some seasons, being all over every episode for a few weeks means you're about to go home.

Of course, sometimes you also get a Russel situation where it means that you're just going to be the main character for every week of the entire season. God help us.

The editors' attitudes when starting to put this season together could have been amongst these:

(1) This guy is the most horribly nightmarish racist prick that's ever been on the show. We like villains but we way overreached with this idiot. Fortunately he has a glorious, massive come-uppance blindside fairly early on, so let's just get all his shit on the table in the first few episodes to set it up.

(2) This guy is great TV! People will love to hate him! Let's make him this season's star!

(3) This guy wins, so we need to hide his racist prickishness as much as possible so the public doesn't burn CBS down after the finale.

Option 3 is obviously out. I'm just hoping like hell they're not so clueless than it's option 2.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #72
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow this is the worst group of Survivors ever. Women being blown out at least twice-men completely choking when they had one of the big leads, and now this the single dumbest move in Survivor history-I mean they didn't even vote out the guy they all said (well not Colton) had to go because he was a traitor. Leif (another stupid move to tell Bill about Colton wanting to vote him out) needs to go for broke and try an orchestrate a blindside against Colton or at least get him to play his Idol (which none of them have ever seen) so he doesn't have as much power as he does now. And just don't get me started on Colton's statements at Tribal.

I think the surprise is either the merger or the shuffling up of the tribes.

Actually Leif needs to orchestrate a can of whoopass on that bigot and kick the crap out of him.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #73
law90026
College Benchwarmer

It feels like they picked a bunch of guys who have never watched Survivor before and therefore have no idea how to deal with an idol. I mean seriously, Colton has gone from a nobody in the tribe to the queen? It's just odd.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #74
General Mike
Pro Starter

It's the young and the restless vs the old and the hopeless at this point.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #75
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

and yet they STILL are letting that moron be in charge.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #76
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

oh, and how can you not be rooting for Tarzan after that last show?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #77
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

C'mon! Who wasn't cheering when Mike repeatedly dunked and held Colton underwater several times?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #78
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Well, how did you feel about the midget tossing?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #79
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Well, how did you feel about the midget tossing?

I don't have a problem with it and I doubt Leif would either. He signed up for the show and knew exactly what he was getting into. One thing I have learned about most people with a disability, if you can even call it that, is they want to be treated like everyone else.

I was actualy mad impressed with how well he did and kept fighting.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #80
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
C'mon! Who wasn't cheering when Mike repeatedly dunked and held Colton underwater several times?

That was the best part of the show.

That tribe just got their asses kicked and what do they do, vote out their best player.... Stupid doesn't begin to describe them. If they are going to follow that jackass, they deserve to go down in flames.

I can't wait for the Colton blindside. I think they are setting us up for one; he is becoming more and more the focus of each episode. It may be coming very soon.

Chelsea has not been a primary focus so that it telling me that she goes quite a ways into the season. YAY!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #81
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't have a problem with it and I doubt Leif would either. He signed up for the show and knew exactly what he was getting into. One thing I have learned about most people with a disability, if you can even call it that, is they want to be treated like everyone else.

I was actualy mad impressed with how well he did and kept fighting.

Yep. Giving up several feet in height (when you include wingspan), and Leif was still putting up a good fight in the b-ball game.

Oh, and death to Colton!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #82
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

I can't wait for the Colton blindside. I think they are setting us up for one; he is becoming more and more the focus of each episode. It may be coming very soon.

Chelsea has not been a primary focus so that it telling me that she goes quite a ways into the season. YAY!

Can't wait for part 1 and more and more of Chelsea is always a good thing.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #83
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

I don't see why you think this is coming. Alicia is a total bitch who has a rod stuck up her butt against CHristina when she SHOULD be working WITH her. I totally expected an all out war between ALicia and Coulton. Very surprising that all alicia did was kiss his ass and badmouth everyone else.

Jonas is playing the sandra like game of "as long as it's not me" so I don't expect him to do anything. Lief....jeez. They JUST threatened to vote him off and he's still submissive. He's just scared now and won't seem to do anything. Tarzan is...ugh.

Christina is so fucked. However with Alicia telling COlton how much she hates C, Coulton knows that keeping Christina is better than keeping Alicia alliancewise. It certainly seems like he is content with getting rid of the girls and keeping his alliance especially now that they are following his lead.

Awesome that Kim and Chelsea are an "idol" pair now. Those two are smart! Hope they go far. Really hope that tribe sticks together and forgets the girl vs guys thing.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #84
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Awesome that Kim and Chelsea are an "idol" pair now. Those two are smart! Hope they go far.

I hope they go all the way... a little girl on girl action there would be a good reward for having to suffer through Colton.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #85
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Good god, we're not even 5 minutes into this episode and I want to reach through the TV and beat the shit out of Colton. What a pathetic excuse for a person he is.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #86
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Good god, we're not even 5 minutes into this episode and I want to reach through the TV and beat the shit out of Colton. What a pathetic excuse for a person he is.

OMG, roared with laughter at this one....you and me both.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #88
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #89
FBPro
College Starter

You reap what you sew....
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #90
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Spoiler

Karma is a bitch...
Old 03-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #91
General Mike
Pro Starter

Ding Dong
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #92
korme
Go Reds

Yay.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #93
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Spoiler

I honestly was rooting for him to feel pain and my only regret is that there was no way for him to somehow infect Alicia as well. Those are two pathetic human beings.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #94
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I honestly was rooting for him to feel pain and my only regret is that there was no way for him to somehow infect Alicia as well. Those are two pathetic human beings.

+1
Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #95
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

in fact, when they flashed her profession tonight as Special Ed Teacher, I was kind of wondering / hoping it might cost her her job. Not nice, I know.

What is it with teachers? Wasn't Naonka (sp?) a teacher too?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #96
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

If Kat hadn't cemented her status as something of a cement-head already, she didn't do herself any favors tonight.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #97
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
If Kat hadn't cemented her status as something of a cement-head already, she didn't do herself any favors tonight.

It was painful listening to her talk.

"I hope I don't hurt mine."
Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #98
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
It was painful listening to her talk.

"I hope I don't hurt mine."

Touche.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #99
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
in fact, when they flashed her profession tonight as Special Ed Teacher, I was kind of wondering / hoping it might cost her her job. Not nice, I know.

What is it with teachers? Wasn't Naonka (sp?) a teacher too?

I said the same thing to my wife.

If you don't believe their is a higher power out there just watch survivor tonight, Colton got payback from the man upstairs big time.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #100
heybrad
Norm!!!

This show is just stocked full of morons.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote