Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2003, 07:12 AM   #51
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
Not sure if this a bug or not, going into the last game of the season:

San Francisco (9-6) (1-0 against me) (2-3 division)
St. Louis-me (8-7) (0-1 against SF) (3-2 division)

Now, my last game is at home against SF and a loss would be an obvious exit from the playoffs, a win, however, would make us both (9-7), but I would have the division tiebreaker.

On the standings screen, my dot next to my team's name is gold instead of silver, and SF's is light red, which means they won the division.

I know this isn't a big deal, just thought I would bring it up because maybe I'm wrong about this.

The light red shouldn't be there. The Gold next to your team means you can't win the wild card. But you were still in the division race based on the senerio you described.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty

DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 08:46 AM   #52
QuikSand
lolzcat

When importaing draft files from TCY, it seems that every tight end has an exactly zero rating for "big play receiving." This is not the case when using game-generated drafts.

Issue? Bug? I'm not sure... but it's an inconsistency.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 09:02 AM   #53
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinFan1
The light red shouldn't be there. The Gold next to your team means you can't win the wild card. But you were still in the division race based on the senerio you described.

The circles next to the left of team names indicate playoff positioning. A light red circle indicates a division leader. A dark red circle indicates that the team has clinched a division title. A medium blue circle indicates the team is in line to reach the playoffs. A dark blue circle indicates the team has clinched a playoff berth. A brown circle indicates the team has been eliminated from playoff contention.

This is per the help file. So, I guess the light colored red dot is ok in my situation, but the gold (brown) isn't. Again, petty stuff, but I think it needs to be looked at. Maybe I'm just colorblind?

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:51 PM   #54
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can the college stats stay with the player?

I know it's only 1 years worth, but I hate it when they go away after the first year.

Why import them if they go away??

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-28-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:28 PM   #55
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Me again....

I don't know if this can be added in a patch, but I would love to see more notes (the honors section) on the player's card.

Maybe change 'Honors' to 'Player Notes' or something like that. I would like to see some things like ootp5 does in this reguard. I *really* think this would add more immersion into the game as well.

Example:

Player Notes/ Accomplishments
2003 All-League 2nd Team Wide Reciever
2003 Won Front Office Bowl with STL
2003 signed a renegotiated contract ($17.58mil., 3yrs.)
2005 traded to CLE for 2nd round draft pick (15th)

You get the picture. I really think this game needs to expand on stuff like this to really bring a solo player into the game. Not sure if this stuff is recorded somewhere in the game and can be added with ease, or if it's FOF2005 talk?

Thoughts?

Also, can you imagine the TCY sales if there was also a button to switch views from 'Notes and Accomplishments' to 'College Accomplishments' and had the imported TCY college honors!?!?

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-29-2003 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:29 PM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Bug: Read this thread.

Also, my team kicked the ball off and the team I was playing ran the ball back for a TD, wait... penalty... MY team was offsides and I re-kicked the ball off. Shouldn't the team who scored the TD declined that penalty and take the TD?

I'm seeing too many defensive delay of games, well basically delay of games in general.

I think I need to goto bed... too much FOF today.

Todd
Old 12-30-2003, 03:06 PM   #57
QuikSand
lolzcat

I saw a weird penalty item as well:

Code:
(CLE on offense, from the IND 41 yard line, 2nd and 5 to go) Offense: Single-Back Formation, Four WR, Strength = Left. Defense: 43 Alignment, Man-to-Man (Loose), Run - Normal. Blitzing: 98 Sullivan. CLE 2 Brock pass completed to 84 Burroughs for 12 yards. Tackled by IND 94 Garrett. The receiver ran his route right over the middle of the field. Penalty: CLE - Illegal Chop Block. (new spot: 1st and 10 from the IND 44)

It seems that the offense was awarded its first down, then marched back 15 yards, but it was still 1st and 10. Wouldn't the play be voided, making it more properly 2nd and 20 from the CLE 44?

(I confess I may not know how this weird penalty is properly applied - I'm assuming it's just another personal foul)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:25 PM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere or not but ...

Occasionally, the pbp text & boxscore lists players involved on 2-pt conversions incorrectly.

Example (from memory, not pasted)

RCH - Glenninger pass to Glenninger

It's a player passing to himself for the conversion.
Which I noticed largely because ... Glenninger doesn't play for me (Richmond), he plays for Carolina !

Doesn't happen often, maybe once or twice a year, but always seems to be in the 4th qtr.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #59
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

MizzouRah -- Defensive delay of game penalties?

I don't think I've ever seen one of those in 30+ seasons of games, every one played out with scoreboard on.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:39 PM   #60
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Issue: The scout/coach decided to change my defense to 3-4 on me and switched all my DT's to NT and LB's to the 3-4 speciality positions. Now I'm stuck with all these NT and SILB's etc. that I cannot change positions for into the respective 4-3 positions. HIGHLY annoying. Either always allow position changes between LDT, RDT, NT ---- WILB,SILB, MLB or don't allow the coach/scout/whomever to override my decesion on which defense to play. Maybe the game plan setting "on" (or whichever one it is) should still not allow a coach to move players' positions? I don't know.

I think the whole position switching thing needs to be revisited. With all the L/R designations, etc. I think maybe the switching of positions where all you're doing is changing the "speciality" if you will should always be allowed without taking the players weight and similar factors into position. Maybe only consider those factors if switching into a completely different postion group like LB to Safety or RB to WR when determining when to allow the switch. Of course, you could still consider all those factors when determining the outcome of the switch.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:39 PM   #61
PSUColonel1

I don't mind coaches changing player positiobs, but I just want the moves to make sense. Right now they don't seem to. I've heard too many examples of where DT to NT and MLB to ILB with the 4-3 to 3-4 just didn't make sense- including my own team. Then I have a LDE and a RDE on my roster. The RDE is clearly more talened yet he sits on the bench simply because he isn't listed as a RDE, and the coaches do absolutely nothing. When I change his position, I am able to do so with ony a slight decrease in experience(no ratings hit) - only then will the coaches start him in the position he should be starting in.

A couple of other notes:
1.Franchise player AI selection dosen't see on the mark.

2.Seriously injured players are remaining in the game to make plays.

3. I think the AI is decling many penalties it clearly should not be.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:33 PM   #62
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Colonel -- Have you adjusted the "play out of position" rating (I forget what the exact description is) to an extremely low value? That seems to help with RDE vs LDE starting issues, at least somewhat.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:44 PM   #63
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
MizzouRah -- Defensive delay of game penalties?

I don't think I've ever seen one of those in 30+ seasons of games, every one played out with scoreboard on.

Yep, about 2-3 per game.

Todd
Old 12-31-2003, 12:16 AM   #64
castorius
n00b

Computer GMs don't make any offers to free agents that you (human GM) release during the 20 stage free agent period. They NEVER make any offers to players you release.
castorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:34 AM   #65
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Not sure if it's been brought up before, but I think there may be an issue with free agent signings after a contract deal collapses. I've noticed fairly often that a hot player like the top veteran QB in free agency, receives many contract offers, and will be Pending with a particular team for several weeks. They don't sign, maybe for salary cap reasons, but after that they never receive another offer and often fall all the way through second free agency without being signed. They end up with a cheap one year deal from some team.

Last edited by Peregrine : 12-31-2003 at 12:34 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:52 AM   #66
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
Yep, about 2-3 per game.

Todd

Ok, that was an exhaggeration... but at least 4 or 5 per season.

Todd
Old 12-31-2003, 12:07 PM   #67
hukarez
College Starter

Not sure if this has been covered yet:

When I'm checking out my league's kickers and all...can there be a percentage of completion on their FG attempts? Makes it easier for me to just glance, rather than try and remember my math from high school.
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 01:11 PM   #68
Karim
College Starter

Just got this in a pbp although I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility:

Offense: Punt Formation
CGY 12 Freeze punted 40 yards from the CGY21
NED 89 Downey returned the ball -2 yards to the NED 37
Tackled by CGY 12 Freeze.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:37 PM   #69
Karim
College Starter

unintentional dola,

This just happened to me. I went into OT and suddenly my backup QB was put in. Luckily, I spotted it in time and he only got two plays. I called my own play just to get the starter back in and he finished the game without me having to call another play.

He wasn't injured and had accumulated over 300 yards. His playing time was set to 5 (avg.).
Old 12-31-2003, 05:26 PM   #70
chinaski
College Prospect

Are there any plans to eliminate the frfoot.fni/frfoot.fcy swap each time you want to play a solo/mp league?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 01:57 PM   #71
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Check strange use of OL backups in depth chart when using "recommend" button.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:42 PM   #72
Karim
College Starter

Strange QB substitutions occuring quite frequently. Check out this thread for details:

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...threadid=19531
Old 01-03-2004, 02:31 AM   #73
Ben E Lou

Hey, it probably won't make it into a patch, but it is at least worth mentioning:

When letting the AI handle everything and quick-simming, it doesn't sign new FA's for "your" team in the 20-step process. Two requests in this area:

1. Let the AI fully take over your team, including full participation in 20-step process.
2. One-button multi-season quicksim option.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:08 AM   #74
Ben E Lou

Not even sure how to explain this well, but I am fairly certain it is a bug. In the 8-step free agency period, I have 53 players under contract, with $600K "cap room" but $1.28M available to sign new players. I have several outstanding FA offers to players under the $1.28M threshold. All of those offers disappear, and those guys are still in the pool at the end of the 8-step process. I can sign them then, but they should have signed during the 8-step process. My guess is that the game sees that $600K figure (which is less than the rookie minimum), and automatically won't sign anyone. It should check the $1.28M figure.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #75
Icy
Pro Starter

Probably will be hard for a patch as there are things more important that need to be fixed before, but i think this should be really easy to add this to the game to improve a lot the inmersion factor:

Please Jim, add the posibility to add player faces in the players cards.

Well, each player has an unique ID, also a unique name/surname convination (not all them but mostly). With this in mind, and also seing that the player card is smaller than the standard 800x600 screen that Jim wants to keep (so he could make it a little bigger to use the full game screen), this should be really easy to add, no more than 1 hour of work.

1º To add a 100x100 box linked to the ID.jpg or name_surname.jpg into the player card.

2º If Id.jpg or name_surname.jpg doesn't exists, link to default.jpg

We only need Jik to add this to the game, and we will take care of getting ready the player pics to be used in the game. We are not requesting Jim to take care fo the pics or anything, just add the feature so we can dop that. I know that this isn't really needed, but would add a lot to the inmersion factor and it's an easy way to improve how the interface looks.

Of course this is secondary, the small remaining bugs must be worked before this, but for the small amount of work that this represent, i think it will worth for both Jim and us.

Last edited by Icy : 01-03-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 10:46 AM   #76
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
I plead for this option: the ability to "set all players to active"

an "Activate All" button would be very helpful to me when making roster decisions in the pre-season. I don't know if it's just the way I do things (or if others would agree), but at the end of the preseason I like to activate everyone, then pare down accordingly.

I just want to save myself 13 mouse clicks.

bug?, request Allow us to have more than 46 players active in the preseason.

A 'must' IMO.

Also, a way to show IR players in the squad totals. Since there are a lot of these guys for me, it is very hard to make sense of the 46/53 totals since I go over 53 every season and can't figure out if I have a taxi squad spot open or not unless I manually count my IR guys.

PSUColonel, the guy who 'invented' the 3-4 in pro ball was Bum Phillips at Houston, but necessity was the mother of the invention, for he was down to 3 healthy DLs (sound familiar?) and had no other choice. It worked, and a new scheme was born.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #77
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Also, a way to show IR players in the squad totals. Since there are a lot of these guys for me, it is very hard to make sense of the 46/53 totals since I go over 53 every season and can't figure out if I have a taxi squad spot open or not unless I manually count my IR guys.

Absolutely!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:33 AM   #78
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy

.... this should be really easy to add, no more than 1 hour of work.

I love how people always assume this kind of thing.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #79
Karim
College Starter

Through 16 weeks, every home game has been 68 degrees and fair (sunny). I have used Taco's City Editor prior to starting this career and have expected lousy weather come late November and into December.

Not a big deal...
Old 01-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #80
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
Through 16 weeks, every home game has been 68 degrees and fair (sunny). I have used Taco's City Editor prior to starting this career and have expected lousy weather come late November and into December.

Not a big deal...
Dome?
Old 01-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #81
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Karim

Not a big deal...

I have NOT used the city editor, and I get a TON of 68 degree late season games, in basically every city.

I haven't checked, but I doubt that every team has built a dome or retractable roof stadium... i'll try to check on it though.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:44 AM   #82
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing around with the historical draft files and the problem with 4000+ yard passers is even more glaring with the 1970s draft files than with game generated files. I don't know how to fix this perfectly, but one idea would be a slider that could adjust run percentages globally for all teams, kind of like the historical settings for OOTP. I don't think it would be too difficult to add a slider that gave the option of increasing the computer generated run percentages by plus 10 to minus 10 percent. This change would be added after the computer made the gameplan, so that a noraml 50% run on 1st and 10 would change to 60%. This would at least make it more likely to see run dominated offenses from past eras.

If this were added it would also be nice to see a reminder of the global setting on each gameplan screen just to help keep track.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #83
jaeenox
n00b

I am still having problems with kicking decisions by the AI coach.

Last night my team is losing 16-14 with under 6 minutes in the 4th quarter. It is 4th and 2 from the 6 yard line and the coach calls a running play! It gets stuffed of course.

My go for it on 4th down setting is 50 or average as is my go for it on 4th down setting.

The AI needs to be tweaked if this is a common occurence. If teams are losing games because the AI is passing up 23 yard FG's, none of the results have any hint of realism.
jaeenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 01:42 PM   #84
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tasan
I love how people always assume this kind of thing.

I also love how some guys jump at all posts criticizing other guys suggestions insted of suggesting something themselves, of course suggesting something needs a bit of intelligence, it's much easier to just critizise.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:18 PM   #85
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

1. When using the Scout Recommendations feature, it would be nice if in addition to the "Any" position option there was also one for "Any non-kicker". I just find that too many kickers and punters are coming up on the list, especially when you're searching for low-salary free agents.

2. It would be nice to have a "recommend for all" option on the gameplan screen. I end up having to go through each of the dozen or so screens and clicking "recommend". I know there's a "use this for all" option on the first screen, but that doesn't really help because why would you ever want to have the same gameplan for every situation?
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:24 PM   #86
chinaski
College Prospect

One more for the pile..

I repeatedly see teams run 5-10 plays inside the red zone.. in overtime. wouldnt it be best to line up, kick the FG and (hopefully) win the game?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 03:15 PM   #87
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
Dome?

Good call, SkyDog. Indeed, I checked through 16 weeks and every 68 degree game except 3 very either dome stadiums or retractable roofs.
Old 01-03-2004, 03:31 PM   #88
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by Maple Leafs
1. When using the Scout Recommendations feature, it would be nice if in addition to the "Any" position option there was also one for "Any non-kicker". I just find that too many kickers and punters are coming up on the list, especially when you're searching for low-salary free agents.
Agreed. This would help a ton. When I have the room on my roster and/or cap room to go after 2 or 3 more guys, I'm just hoping for a potential breakout guy. Position doesn't matter, other than non-kickers. Good idea.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #89
jaeenox
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaski
One more for the pile..

I repeatedly see teams run 5-10 plays inside the red zone.. in overtime. wouldnt it be best to line up, kick the FG and (hopefully) win the game?

Speaking of the red zone, is it just me or does the occurance of penalties skyrocket in the redzone? Often I'll see a team with 1st and goal at the 2 and the next minute it's 1st and 47 from the 49 after 4 or 5 offensive penalties. Then say an 8 eight yard pass makes it 2nd and 39 from the 41. Then a string of 4 or 5 defensive penalties makes it 2nd and goal from the 4. Then things go back to normal and you look at the box score and game log and all the penalties for both teams came on that drive.
jaeenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:49 PM   #90
Dutch
"Dutch"

This should be addressed. We need to have a simple way (actually transparent would be a better word) for switching between multiple MP leagues and Single Player leagues. The way we do it now isn't working. I just lost my Band of Brothers Dynasty because I didn't realize those files being copied into my Universe were that disruptive. My fault, I was lazy and didn't think. And it won't be the last time I don't think things through before overwriting files, so this should really be something that is looked at in a patch.

Quote:
From 3ric - My solution for the problem of switching files between a single-player career and a multi-player game:

I created two *.bat files to copy the files (fni, fcy and helmet bitmaps) when I need to switch. The first one for my multiplayer game (placed in the FOF2k4 directory):

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
copy universe\cfl\frfoot.fni universe\
copy universe\cfl\frfoot.fcy universe\
copy universe\cfl\*.bmp pictures\
start frfoot2004.exe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a subfolder in the universe folder with the CFL files and the helmet pictures named CFL, all the files are copied before FOF2k4 is launched.

When I want to run my single-player career, I run this bat file (placed in the FOF2k4 directory):

quote:
copy universe\nfl\frfoot.fni universe\
copy universe\nfl\frfoot.fcy universe\
copy universe\nfl\*.bmp pictures\
start frfoot2004.exe

Again, a subfolder named NFL in the universe folder with the relevant files that are copied before starting the game. Makes it easy switching cities, nicknames and graphics.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:35 AM   #91
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by dacman
Issue: Player of the week awards, and hall of fame. Stills seems spotty at best. Guys who statistically had vastly superior weeks are being passed over for POTW awards. After 30 years the hall of fame is about 50-60% QB's. OL almost never make the hall.

A little more to add to my comments...having played another 6-8 seasons in this same career, I'm seeing a lot more variation on the players selected to the hall. I now think the issue lies more with the initial player file (HOF points) than with hall criteria. I still think it's too easy for some positions (i.e. QB) and too hard for others (i.e. OL). I have several QB's who's career numbers are something like 35-40,000 yards passing with 150 TD's over 10-12 years in my current career's HOF. A good career, but not HOF, IMHO.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:48 AM   #92
amdaily
College Prospect

I'm getting QB's with sub-500 records such as Eli Lucia who went 64-85 in a 12 year career. He posted 30,468 yards, 172 TD's, 112 INT's, for a career rang of 81.7%. Hardly Hall of Fame worthy.
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:41 AM   #93
Ben E Lou

Odd bug reported in this thread
Old 01-21-2004, 07:14 AM   #94
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

More evidence of the flaw sometimes in the PotY award can be found in this thread

Last edited by fantastic flying froggies : 01-21-2004 at 07:20 AM.
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:45 AM   #95
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Got a strange bug in my box score last night - one of my players has a stat line that reads like that :

0.5 sacks 3 tackles 0 run play 0 pass play

I can understand the 3 tackles because he is a special team players. Buth the 1/2 sack ??? I checked the game log and he definitely did record that sack so the play counter seems to be wrong somehow.

Also surprinsingly in that same box score (and others I have checked after that), the final drive is not recorded in the drive chart.

I will send the zipped files to Sol support.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:20 PM   #96
Grid Iron
Ice Cream Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiller
Could that be possible to have a simple option at the beginning of every career asking the player to choose if he wants his game to have the following :

LT/RT - LDE/RDE and so on...

OR

the basic
T - G - DE - CB

I agree with this 100%. It doesn't seem to add much to the game except tedium in changing positions when it differentiates between RT/LT, RG/LG, FL/SE, LDT/NT/RDT, RDE/LDE, LCB/RCB, SILB/WILB. Assuming there is a negligible difference in players changing positions within a group, Jim should get rid of it.

This is primary reason it has taken me so long to get into FOF4 and FOF2K4--it takes away from the fun to have to keep changing players "official positions" and then on the gameplans also.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:48 PM   #97
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Two issues I would like to see addressed in the up and coming patch:
1.) The amount of roster movement during the offseason. It appears that in the NFL each team ends up with somewhere between 10-20 new players on their team, however, in FOF2004 it seems that each team ends up in the neighborhood of 20-30 new players a season.

2.) The Jets listed as New Jersey, while the Giants get the New York label. Both teams play in Jersey at the Meadowlands, however, the Jets home offices, and practice facilities are located on Long Island. I wish the Jets got the New York label as well.
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:10 AM   #98
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Discovered a new multiplayer bug last night. When WigFL finished the season, player awards came out. I play New England, but all of Green Bay's players are highlighted in red in the season awards screen. Every other screen correctly highlights my players.

Last edited by gstelmack : 01-26-2004 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Fix missing "season awards"
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:44 AM   #99
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid Iron
I agree with this 100%. It doesn't seem to add much to the game except tedium in changing positions when it differentiates between RT/LT, RG/LG, FL/SE, LDT/NT/RDT, RDE/LDE, LCB/RCB, SILB/WILB. Assuming there is a negligible difference in players changing positions within a group, Jim should get rid of it.

This is primary reason it has taken me so long to get into FOF4 and FOF2K4--it takes away from the fun to have to keep changing players "official positions" and then on the gameplans also.
This has been discussed much. In several of those positions, both in real life AND in FOF, there is a *big* difference between playing one or the other (LT vs. RT particularly). Some guys can't make the switch very well, and the game reflects it well. This simply adds a layer of depth that is also present in real football.

*ANOTHER ISSUE*
I don't know if this has been mentioned, as I haven't read this thread in quite some time and am not up for it right now, but when starting in a Pref. Draft league, the AI teams won't trade for guys who "just signed with your team." I just fired up a new solo career and wanted to start like we are in IHOF, with a pref. draft, and then making some trades before the first season. Only those guys set back to 2002 can be traded, which is a very big limiting factor.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:59 AM   #100
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Quote:
Got a strange bug in my box score last night - one of my players has a stat line that reads like that :

0.5 sacks 3 tackles 0 run play 0 pass play

I can understand the 3 tackles because he is a special team players. Buth the 1/2 sack ??? I checked the game log and he definitely did record that sack so the play counter seems to be wrong somehow.

Also surprinsingly in that same box score (and others I have checked after that), the final drive is not recorded in the drive chart.

I will send the zipped files to Sol support.

Thats because the game doesn't count sack plays as running or pass plays.

Mabuzzer was askign me about this because he had (eg) 10 pass plays, 10 running plays and his qb had 7 completions, 3 bad throws and 3 sacks (made up numbers)

I emailed Jim and he said that he didn't count sack plays as pass or run plays and that it would probably change next patch.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote