Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2003, 02:23 PM   #51
TroyF
Coordinator

Urlacher is an underachiever, this year. Same for Owens (until last week-end's game) and it goes as well for Keyshawh who CLEARLY has the ability, but he's not playing up to his talent.

Huh? Keyshawn has never really been a top flight WR. He's a good WR who blocks well. If we do say he's a top flight WR, however, he's done nothing to drop off of that this year. Last year he had 76 catches for 1088 yards and 5TD.

This year he's on pace for 69 catches, 975 yards and 3 TD's. . . and he's missed 1/2 of a couple of games and played gimpy at other times this year.

Gonzalez is a receiver and nothing more. He doesn't have nearly the blocking ability that Shockey has. Heap (from what I've seen) is a so-so blocker and excellent receiver.

Heap can be a devastating blocker. He wasn't early on in his career but has developed into one of the best blocking TE in the game. It isn't only that offensive line that has allowed Lewis to rack up that much yardage against defenses stacking the box against Boller. He's a better blocker than Shockey at this point. I'd rate Shockey just ahead of Tony G in that department now, just by a fraction.

TroyF

TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:25 PM   #52
Pyser
Pro Rookie

aaron brooks
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:35 PM   #53
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Joey Galloway. He still knows only two patterns. Definitely overrated for the money.

Cornerbacks are a little hard to call overrated because they in general depend on pressure, but I would label Bobby Taylor and Champ Bailey as overrated. Neither one of them I would consider "gamebreakers" which I have heard throughout their career.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:11 PM   #54
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan

McNabb I would put in the underachieving pile. Something hasn't been right since he returned from his injury. Prior to that he was living up to his reputation. This is just my opinion but I think that one of his main problems is that he gets so concerned with building up his body during the offseason that he doesn;t concentrate enough on his quarterbacking skills. I keep hearing about these intense "would kill a normal man" type workouts that he puts himself through to bulk up during the offseason but I never hear about him practicing throwing a post, or anything remotely related to being a quarterback.

McNabb had some GOOD seasons, but never to the extent that he has been given credit for, when your defense is barely allowing 10 points a game of course you're gonna win... and that is his supporters biggest defence, that he wins.

He's certainly underachieving now, no doubt, but he definitely is over-rated.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:21 PM   #55
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Mike Vick
Old 10-22-2003, 03:28 PM   #56
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Urhlacher for sure. Dr Z in SI interviewed Giant great Carl Banks and asked him about the U-man and Banks dissed him hard as a guy who is only as good as the D-line in front of him. I also recall he used the S-word, as in soft.

Someone mentioned Ricky Williams. I have to laugh at that. Try running with Jay Fiedler as your QB and see how far you get. Not very when you are facing 8 men in the box every friggin play.

Now for my personal pick I don't recall anyone mentioning. My own Dolphins' Sam Madison. He hasn't been any good for at least three years, yet they still put him in the pro bowl last year. He was a gaping chest wound in the Dolphins' secondary last year. The reincarnation of Mr All or Nothing himself, Terrell Buckley, who for some reason Miami felt compelled to bring back.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #57
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Eddie George, 2.8 ypc with a 17 yard longest rush. Top 5 running back in the league my ass.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 11:30 PM   #58
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

George hasn't been Top 5 for a couple years now, and no one has thought him such.