Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2003, 03:42 PM   #51
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinNU7
Well you try to make people on here look racist and then you back away. Probably a good idea

Back away? Listen I cant get my points across because I'm not what you call a perfect gammar student. Why should I try in vain to change someone who is set in there ways? If we were in person I could do it with ease but typing words leaves me at a huge disadvantage.

Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:47 PM   #52
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Please give noop a break. He asked a question, no reason to gangbang him.

For the record noop I am black and I started the topic. When I think hanging I think Klan lynching. That is because of where I grew up. That is just the way it is for me.

This guy if found guilty deserves death by whatever means Virginia can legally administer it in my opinion. I think people were just implying that if they had it their way this fella would get something as cold-blooded as his executions of innocents.
HornedFrog Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 03:52 PM   #53
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I connect a rope and a tree to lynching. I connect rope and a gallows to executions (and I also picture the gallows of the Lincoln conspirators).
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:25 PM   #54
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Draft Dodger
I think it makes you gay and elderly.

EXACTLY!
Old 10-20-2003, 04:32 PM   #55
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
Please give noop a break. He asked a question, no reason to gangbang him.

Taken out of context, this quote has great potential.

That said, I'm the one that mentioned hanging the dude. Personally, the sorid history of lynching negroes in this country never occured to me (Nuremburg did come to mind).

I mentioned hanging the bastard because I think public executions are a great deterrent. Nowadays, a guy goes on death row, sits around on the taxpayer dime for a few dozen years, then finally gets an execution date long after everyone's forgotten about what he did. He disappears into a sterile gas chamber or lethal injection room, and nobody sees him again. He just goes away - clean, quiet, unoffensive.

Well, rape and murder are filthy and offensive crimes, and the punishment should match. We need to go back to public executions. Put them live on TV. Show the brutality of a man choking to death at the end of a rope, or his skull being emptied against a brick wall as a bullet hits him in the forehead. Make people see that if you commit a brutal crime, you WILL die a brutal death for it. This politically correct bullshit sickens me. Take that line of crap to any of the victims in this case, and then tell me how you sleep at night afterwards.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #56
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Question for Franklinmobile - based on previous posts, I believe you consider yourself a Christian. Am I correct?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #57
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

^^^
Shit I'd hate to trespass on your grass or something you might have my ass beaten.

noop
Old 10-20-2003, 05:20 PM   #58
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I did not even make the Gallows Black Man connection.

I guess I never considered him a black asshole, just an asshole.

Look at that I'm colorblind!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:23 PM   #59
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Noop
... Listen I cant get my points across because I'm not what you call a perfect gammar student. ....

Maybe all the criticism will get you to pay some attention in seventh grade english.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM   #60
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne
Maybe all the criticism will get you to pay some attention in seventh grade english.

dude!
Old 10-20-2003, 05:39 PM   #61
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I have so wanted a reason to use this image...
Old 10-20-2003, 05:42 PM   #62
korme
Go Reds

noop was not own3d, GlenthirdandlongGoyne!

Booyay, you were just own3d!

WHATS UP ROOKIE BEEEOTCH?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:02 PM   #63
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgfan
Question for Franklinmobile - based on previous posts, I believe you consider yourself a Christian. Am I correct?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

"Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. "

I'm gonna go flog myself now...
Old 10-20-2003, 06:05 PM   #64
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
I'm gonna go flog myself now...

You could go blind.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:06 PM   #65
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
He asked a question, no reason to gangbang him.

Sicko.

But, yes, HFP is right. When we hear the word lynching from where we are from, it is an IMMEDIATE connection to the KKK and white mob mentalities of our storied past. I just thank God I was not alive when that horse shit was going on.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:15 PM   #66
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
noop was not own3d, GlenthirdandlongGoyne!

Booyay, you were just own3d!

WHATS UP ROOKIE BEEEOTCH?

Ooops, I meant to quote Fritz when I posted the pic.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:20 PM   #67
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, rape and murder are filthy and offensive crimes, and the punishment should match. We need to go back to public executions. Put them live on TV. Show the brutality of a man choking to death at the end of a rope, or his skull being emptied against a brick wall as a bullet hits him in the forehead. Make people see that if you commit a brutal crime, you WILL die a brutal death for it. This politically correct bullshit sickens me. Take that line of crap to any of the victims in this case, and then tell me how you sleep at night afterwards.

Reinstituting the death penalty for rape (as some states have for child rape) is one of the worst ideas in history. Why would a rapist ever let there victim live? Killing them ensures you eliminate the only witness without risking any greater punishment. Rape is a horrific crime, but making it a capital crime would be much worse for victims.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:25 PM   #68
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
You could go blind.

Oh no... I shot my eye out!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:28 PM   #69
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
Reinstituting the death penalty for rape (as some states have for child rape) is one of the worst ideas in history. Why would a rapist ever let there victim live? Killing them ensures you eliminate the only witness without risking any greater punishment. Rape is a horrific crime, but making it a capital crime would be much worse for victims.

So should we let all home intruders who don't harm or kill anyone go to insure that they will just steal stuff?

I am probably just oversimplifing things, though. Not meant to be sarcastic.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:30 PM   #70
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci
So should we let all home intruders who don't harm or kill anyone go to insure that they will just steal stuff?

I am probably just oversimplifing things, though. Not meant to be sarcastic.

Of course not - prison sentences can be increased or decreased proportional to the severity of the crime. Applying the death penalty to a non-homicide crime (especially one where there is likely to be only one witness) will increase the murder rate because no further punishment can be applied.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:39 PM   #71
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

oh my, I agree with John (more or less).

Senator - lynching and hanging: are they the same?

Last edited by Fritz : 10-20-2003 at 06:40 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:39 PM   #72
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Castration for rape, sounds like a fair exchange. Institute a system of torture and you'll start to slow down the crime rate. More intense torture when a worse crime is committed. As for murderers, their torture will be so bad that they will be glad when the death penalty finally comes (if ever).

How is that for a platform to run on?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:40 PM   #73
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan
How is that for a platform to run on?

what would do for a living between unsuccessful campaigns?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:44 PM   #74
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I think a good old fashioned firing squad would be cheaper than lethal injection or the gas chamber. In fact, if it weren't for the high cost of timber, I'd prefer a gallows and a rope.

I was checking to make sure, but no one said the word "lynching" in the post that started this. Franklinnoble was talking about building a gallows, mostly used to execute prisoners. A lynching generally involves a tree and rope, not the building of gallows.

BTW, isn't there one state that still has gallows and someone requested to be hung? I don't think they did, but I didn't just imagine that did I?

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-20-2003 at 06:45 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:44 PM   #75
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Senator
Sicko.

But, yes, HFP is right. When we hear the word lynching from where we are from, it is an IMMEDIATE connection to the KKK and white mob mentalities of our storied past. I just thank God I was not alive when that horse shit was going on.

but, we didn't hear the word lynching. we heard the word hanging.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:57 PM   #76
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Taken out of context, this quote has great potential.

Exactly, which is why I said it. It has an opportunity to be taken out of context which is what I hope noop (if he is still reading) can see. I basically said I saw where he was coming from because of where I grew up. He said earlier he had been reading stuff about the Black Panthers and that immediately struck a chord of a different tune to him.

John that is an interesting view. My only question would be if tomorrow medical doctors discover that repeat crimes like this can be medically proven beyond any doubt as a chemical imbalance, genes etc what have you and can be "cured" through medical means, would your stance change?
Old 10-20-2003, 07:00 PM   #77
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

True. Where we live, they hold the same connotations. It may just be a regional thing, but I know I get tense when I hear that word. I know it is not the same for everyone, but I have grown up hearing inbreds say, "Hang the ______" "Lynch the ______".

Maybe it is just a horrible part of the heritage where I live.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:05 PM   #78
korme
Go Reds

FWIW, I also thought of white people hanging black people when hanging was mentioned. Not that I am offended, but it was the first thought. I think the term "go find a rope and a tree" is a very funny insult, if you are joking about it.

Maybe it is because I watched a documentary on Emmitt Tull today.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:09 PM   #79
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
Exactly, which is why I said it. It has an opportunity to be taken out of context which is what I hope noop (if he is still reading) can see. I basically said I saw where he was coming from because of where I grew up. He said earlier he had been reading stuff about the Black Panthers and that immediately struck a chord of a different tune to him.

John that is an interesting view. My only question would be if tomorrow medical doctors discover that repeat crimes like this can be medically proven beyond any doubt as a chemical imbalance, genes etc what have you and can be "cured" through medical means, would your stance change?

No, the death penalty would be bad for the victims - that doesn't change even if the criminal is "wired" wrong.

And besides, despite all the misuse of statistics, rape is not nearly the highest recidivist crime. The media has gotten away with saying it is the "highest recidivist violent crime." Usually they only count murder, manslaughter, and rape among those crimes. Not surprisingly rape has the highest recidivism because you have a lot more people out of jail who committed the crime (especially at lower grades of rape). Convicted murderers who are 60 and released usually aren't likely to commit the crime again.

Crimes like theft and assault have much higher recidivism rates than rape or child molestation (despite the scare tactics used by the media and politicians).
Old 10-20-2003, 07:31 PM   #80
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Glengoyne

This is the second time you have said something like that to me. What is your beef? I'm not stupid its just when it comes to gammar I get a brain fart. That doesn't mean I dont try cause I do but if I were to do that it would take like 20 mins to post a message I chose not to do that. What ever the hell your beef is I suggest you cook it cause no one ever said your name.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:31 PM   #81
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

I can only offer that theft and assault usually don't have the death penalty tag associated with them, hense the higher frequency of repetition. A convicted person of either offense in their mind can "get away with it" because they won't die, just spend time in jail/prison. Fair assumption?

I just can't correlate instituting a death penalty encourages murder. But I don't think I have a criminal mind, just a mischievous one once in a while.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:39 PM   #82
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
what would do for a living between unsuccessful campaigns?

Good question, let me ask Al Gore for a few suggestions and I'll get back to you.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:48 PM   #83
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Noop
This is the second time you have said something like that to me. What is your beef? I'm not stupid its just when it comes to gammar I get a brain fart. That doesn't mean I dont try cause I do but if I were to do that it would take like 20 mins to post a message I chose not to do that. What ever the hell your beef is I suggest you cook it cause no one ever said your name.

you are fine. just ignore him
Old 10-20-2003, 08:27 PM   #84
sabotai
General Manager

Wow...something must really be wrong with me because even when I think of lynching, I don't connect it to KKK. I think of the scene in Tombstone when the cowboy guy shoots the sheriff. And Wyatt comes out and all the miners are there and they're yelling "String him up!" and Wyatt replies "Nobody's hanging anyone."

Anyway...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:53 AM   #85
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgfan

You know, I don't find Christians being pro capital punishment unusual. After all, without capital punishment they really wouldn't have much of a basis for their religion, would they???
Old 10-22-2003, 09:43 AM   #86
vex
Grizzled Veteran

A change in plans
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:46 AM   #87
John Galt
Pro Starter

This was the funniest part of the article:

"Prosecutors on Tuesday had complained about Muhammad's self-representation, even asking at one point for the judge to rescind it. They said Muhammad was receiving too much help from Shapiro and Greenspun, whose role as standby counsel was supposed to be limited."

What? The prosecutors were afraid he was receiving help from real lawyers? They don't have enough advantages against a guy defending himself? This just seems like a really odd complaint to me.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:50 AM   #88
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Actually, the funniest part might have been, "I have not been pumping him full of stuff," Greenspun said. "We have shown a great deal of restraint."
vex is offline   Reply With Quote