Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #51
Alf
Pro Starter

OK, I'll PM at fumbbl since I can't login to FOFC from home (stupid PC, really annoying thing)

Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 AM   #52
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf
OK, I'll PM at fumbbl since I can't login to FOFC from home (stupid PC, really annoying thing)

Alf, have you tried one of those site anonomizers or what ever they are called that allow some people to browse forbidden sites even when their work places have blocked them?

I had a similar problem some time back, six weeks or so ago, and I tried changing all of my links to point to the various gamespy 1,2,3,4,5 etc. I don't think that fixed it, but all of the sudden I could get to the site again. I note that now the URL line in my browser just shows dynamic.gamespy with no number. Maybe they changed something.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #53
Alf
Pro Starter

the thing is that it works from work (obviously me postng here). I tried to use FireFox and IE with no result. The password cell just empties itself at the very same moment I click on the login button.....
Old 09-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #54
Fafrac
n00b

Hey Fozzie,

I can be reached at [email protected]. Shoot me an email and we will figure out a time to play. I look forward to playing you. Good luck everyone in Round #1.

Fafrac
High Elves
Fafrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #55
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Same here, Farfrac. Dwarves will smash
Old 09-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #56
Whar
Mascot

As league commissionor I think I have way to forfeit matchs that can not be played. If one party contacts me stating they tried to get a game but did not get a response from their opponent the non-responding party will forfeit their match. (Assumes match not completed in the week).

Games need to be completed by this Sunday.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:28 AM   #57
Alf
Pro Starter

Well, if a game is forfeited, the other team should be able to play a replacemnt game otherwise TR will be VERY VERY different from teams to teams, no ?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:36 AM   #58
Whar
Mascot

Alf I would agree with that if the tournament allows it. That is if a team in a tournament can play non-tournament games. If that is possible I agree that any team that was ready to play a game but lost the opportunity due to forfeit may play a replacement game.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #59
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I've PM'd both Airhog and ChasinCinti on FOFC. Here's hoping they are still in.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #60
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I'm having trouble getting ChatZilla to work on my school computer. Not sure if this also means there'll be trouble playing a match; I hope not. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:32 AM   #61
Alf
Pro Starter

Whar, if it is not possible, I'll live with it anyway.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #62
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dwarves v Elves is about to start..

the game name will be FOFC if anyone wants to kibitz
Old 09-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #63
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Grrr
Connection issues SUCK.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #64
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Got it working! Suggestion for future gamers: Make sure you both are using the same port
Old 09-08-2005, 02:34 PM   #65
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Dwarf Devestators won their first game in the FOFC BB League, defeating Gentle Men All 1-0 in a hard fought game that saw two elf players put out of action for next week's action and a third miss the rest of the game, badly hurt.

The dwarves were certainly willing to take it to the Elves, blocking and fouling at will, the referee eventually sending off 3 of the Dwarves for illegal fouls, but the pressure paid off, as the elf infirmary was quite full, and a failed go for it opened the 46 Dwarf Devestators up to a defensive touchdown, and the victory.

The 46 Dwarf Devestators also announced plans to release their post game celebration/orgy on Cabal Vision, pre orders adding to the gate reciepts, meaning the 46 DD had cleared nearly 80,000 Gold Crowns.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #66
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Still can't get on IRC

That's kind of a problem, considering that now is when Arctus and I had originally planned to play our game.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #67
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I sent an e-mail on fumbbl to my opponent for this week. I've decided to stick it out and at least play this season.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #68
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Eventually managed to get the game played. It finished a 1-1 draw.

There was a decent amount of blood for a match between two human teams. The Pain caused two casualties in the first half - one coming from lineman Muspius, who also scored in the period - while the Advance Guard KO'd three opponents on their way to a second-half equalizer. With the Pain doing a horrible job of protecting the passer, neither side was able to break the deadlock.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #69
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Cool Airhog, I hope your orcs get horribly beat up then we can continue it next week.

But that should be a fun smashy game.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:05 AM   #70
Alf
Pro Starter

OK, no news from Chasinciti either by PM here, by PM at fumbbl, via yahoo messenger or either in this thread.

As I said, I can't post to FOFC from home (stupid PC), so if I don't hear anything from him today, I'll try to get a replacement game.

Whar : Can you handle a forfeit in the tournament (or maybe you can just retire that team ?)

Edit : anyone can reach me via PM at fumbbl anytime. I am also on IRC most evenings.

Last edited by Alf : 09-09-2005 at 03:12 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #71
KWhit
Coordinator

This sounds like fun. I've never played the game, but if you guys need a replacement GM I could try to step in. Although I don't even know if that is possible once the league has been started.

I'm enjoying the read anyway.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #72
Alf
Pro Starter

OK, no reply at that time now. Since I am leaving for home and can't post here until monday morning, I assume I will not play Chasincinti.

Whar, could you confirm if I can play a replacement game ? If you post here I will be able to read but not reply.

You can also contact me by PM at fumbbl or via our fumbbl FOFC tournament page.

Have a good weekend !
Old 09-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #73
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf
OK, no reply at that time now. Since I am leaving for home and can't post here until monday morning, I assume I will not play Chasincinti.

Whar, could you confirm if I can play a replacement game ? If you post here I will be able to read but not reply.

You can also contact me by PM at fumbbl or via our fumbbl FOFC tournament page.

Have a good weekend !

All.

I've talked to Alf... sorry for the inconvenience. I have not been online all week but have been at the hospital with my girlfriend. All is well now (after a long week) and he and I are planning on playing on early Monday evening.

Sorry!

-Chas
Old 09-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #74
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Very Cool Chas, I'm glad things have turned out well with your Girlfriend. I'm also glad you are still in.

I've PM'd Airhog, and gotten a response. He is trying to contact BYU14...We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #75
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
The Dwarf Devestators won their first game in the FOFC BB League, defeating Gentle Men All 1-0 in a hard fought game that saw two elf players put out of action for next week's action and a third miss the rest of the game, badly hurt.

Excellent. Whar's plan to paint Fafrac as the sure champion so that everyone would beat the pointy ears off his elves is working!!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:32 PM   #76
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Just watched the Devestators v Gentlemen replay. Oh the humanity!

Carnage!!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #77
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I told ya.. DWARVES SMASH!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #78
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Well I tried to play a game with my other team tonight, but could not get the bot to advertise games for me. Im not sure what was wrong. my username in MIRC matches my username in the forums. You don't have to register your nick do you?

Old 09-09-2005, 09:03 PM   #79
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

nope..

did you do the IRC command

"bb lfg"

If you still have IRC Open, send me a PM, Airhog, I'll work with ya.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #80
Airhog
Captain Obvious

yeah I tried bblfg but nothing worked. Its a bit late for me to start a game though, Ill try again tomorrow night.

Old 09-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #81
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

alright. catch ya later.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #82
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Airhog. I'll be around this weekend. Tomorrow I'm suckered into help my wife's aunt move, but after that I'm free. Sunday...I may be able to fit a game in around the NFL, but it is the first week, so no promises. Post here or PM me.

As for bblfg...never done that. I just go out to the #FUMBBL channel and say I'm a noob looking to pad someone's stats. I usually have no trouble.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:00 AM   #83
Fafrac
n00b

I had trouble with the bblfg command until I realized it only works in the channel that your team is located. So for example, if you created an "Unranked" team, the bblfg command only works in the Unranked channel. Try that and see if it works.

(Smack On)
Yes, the Dwarves managed to squeak out a victory but let's look at the replay again. I started with 10 players. I dodged out of his tackle zones constantly so that he rarely had more than a Blitz move to hit me. He still knocked out 4 players in the first four turns. By turn 6 I was down to 4 players and he still couldn't score on me. The first half ended 0 - 0. In total he had 8 turns with me having 5 or fewer players and he still only beat me 1-0. If I hadn't failed a GFI, the game might have ended in a tie. If I hadn't rolled a Skull on a Blitz move, it might have ended in a 0 - 0 tie.

I don't think I would be doing too much bragging about 11 Dwarves barely beating 5 Elves on a second half turn 7 TD after rolling a skull on my tackle attempt.

And don't think I didn't notice Whar starting me off with two Dwarf teams after killing two of my players in pre-season. That's OK the only way to keep the game fair is to play 8 Elves versus 11 other players. 11 on 11 and it would be over too quickly.

(Whine off . . . err Smack Off)
Fafrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:44 AM   #84
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafrac
... He still knocked out 4 players in the first four turns. By turn 6 I was down to 4 players ...

I even sure there were that many elves at one point. You did play some pretty limiting D, especially with so few players. I think there was a turn or two where you had a guy or two prone, and only two or three actively moving on the pitch.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:31 AM   #85
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yeah, I screwed up and set things up so he had a 1db shot at the ball carrier at the end of the first half and he took it, then I screwed up a second time setting up a play for the score, but hell, ya live and you learn.

One of my long time BB playing friends online saw the replay and said "That wasn't a cage, it was a steamroller!"

DWARVES SMASH!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #86
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

I believe the last 1st week game is in the books... The Dregs of Gorfolk defeated the Ye Olf NFL Boys 1-0 this evening. A second half, 8th turn "Go For It" scored the winner for Gorfolk's Bane. Great game, and thanks to all for giving me some leeway with the family issues I had last week. If everyone is as pleasant and enjoyable as Alf (he even let me practice my French), this will be a great league.

Regards,
Chas
Old 09-12-2005, 11:45 PM   #87
RendeR
Coordinator

I've been playing around with the game and would be willing to step in if a GM is needed.

If there were enough folks we could start up a practice league and play some games to get teh feel for it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 AM   #88
Alf
Pro Starter

Uh, oh, I played like a dumb against Chas in the first half, forcing me to do a go for it in turn 8 of half 1 (which of course did not work).

Congrats to Chas, the dust has very well been taken off
Old 09-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #89
Whar
Mascot

I will need a PM or reply from BYU14 and Airhog by Weds. If I do not get one I will be forced to drop the teams from the schedule. Thanks
Old 09-14-2005, 07:42 AM   #90
Alf
Pro Starter

Whar, I will not be home this week end so a game is very unlikely possible for me this week. Unless you can get online anytime of the day today or Friday.

I should have time starting 9pm with a 1am max time limit (3pm Eastern - 7pm eastern), or late sunday (approx same times).
Old 09-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #91
Whar
Mascot

I can take a late lunch Friday. Hopefully be able to get the game done in under 2 hours. Alf do you use the IRC server at fumbbl.com?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #92
Chappy
Mascot

If you need a replacement coach at any time I'd be willing to play. Or for a season 2 if it happens.
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #93
Arctus
H.S. Freshman Team

Glengoyne,

Sent you a PM at fumbbl.com, let me know when you are available to play our week 2 match.

Thanks
Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:22 AM   #94
Alf
Pro Starter

Whar, and all, when I am available to play I am logged at fumbbl irc channel, very useful way to get in touch with guys.

Alf115 there
Old 09-15-2005, 11:17 AM   #95
Whar
Mascot

I replaced BYU14 with a goblin team I have called 'Burnt Offerings'. They suck! I could not get the Maulers to delete from the tournament I could only replace them. As such I figure a 'bye' style game against a goblin team was the next best thing.

Chappy I would like to get this season done before we expand. You are very welcome to join season 2.

Airhog we have to get our gome done quickly. I am available tonight and anytime this weekend. You can reach my via PM here or on fumbll. Also on their IRC server irc.fumbll.com.

Just a word of warning if anyone losses to my goblins the smack talk will be long, vulgar, and unmercilous.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #96
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

should have made halflings... more fun to beat on halflings...

-Chas
Old 09-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #97
Whar
Mascot

I had the goblins lieing around. The deal will be if you want to play them then you take a chance at injuries or a loss. If you don't I will forfeit the match. (Click on the 'B' next to the game brings up a forfeit menu) .

3 games can be played now from round 2 .. the ones in bold. I will try to link up with Airhog tonight to get round one done.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:27 AM   #98
Alf
Pro Starter

Whar, I'll probably can't play tonight as there is a Euro-Nation basketabbl game at 8.30pm involving France & Greece.

Next window for me to play now is Sunday evening.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #99
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(sighs as he waits for the opportunity to beat up somebody)
Old 09-17-2005, 11:27 PM   #100
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Week Two Underway

In a hard fought, yet scoreless game, the Advance Guard come out with at least a moral victory of sorts. The left the game with no injuries to speak of, and inflicted two casualties on the Bulls. Ash Smokebarrel was pummeled by Lineman Bubba, receiving a sever concussion that seems to have permanantly split Ash's naturally thick skull. After Theory Coach Whar declared "Toe" Nail the most targetted player in the Front Office league, one would think that "Toe" would leave himself standing alone with his back to the sideline. That was where he found himself, and his newly found Strength didn't do him a bit of good as three of the Guard herded him into a patch of human fans who broke his arm adding injury to the insult of being crowded.

The first half of the game was plagued by gaps in the time space continuoum.(connection and client synch issues) It ended in a scoreless tie. The first half started off promissing for the Bulls who received the kickoff, and started forming their tireless cage. The Guard defenced it well, and the Bulls had to completely reverse their field. Shadrack, the hobgoblin tip-toed down the sideline with a pair of bulls shielding him. Remembering how the coach had instructed the hob-goblins to hand off to Bronc when he was in range of the goal, Shadrack bolted to the endzone ahead of his Centaur blocker. All was well until Shadrack tripped over his own feet at the ten yard line, he recovered only to trip again losing the ball into the endzone without an Advance Guard player anywhere near him. After Shadrack's fumble, the remainder of the half was spent with both teams in a desperate scrum for the ball. Wheels Wallace emerged from the pile and led a desperate turn eight full length of the field scoring attempt. The game ended with an Advance guard fumble near mid-field.

Coach Glengoyne was heard yelling that his Hobgoblins were too selfish, and his Dwarves playing too soft. As such, the Bulls MVP was awared to Troll Underbridge appearing in his first match. Troll knocked the humans about every time he remembered to do so. Such consistency has earned him a bit of his coach's respect.