Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #51
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I always do my own taxes as well, and I am chomping at the bit to get them done (still haven't gotten my W-2's yet). My wife and I are hoping to get a new computer (we are looking at a ~$1200 refurb iMac) but we have had some plumbing issues lately that we might need to fix instead. Plus I am thinking we might be better off kicking out some of our debt instead and saving up for that computer. Still not sure yet.

PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #52
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I just bought an amazing 17 inch HP with a duo core AMD processor and a solid graphics card. It was about 1100. I figure it as more of a desktop replacement than as a notebook though. I figure if mobility was a concern I would have just gone with a netbook. I like the versatility of being able to move around the house with it. Plus it is nice to HDMI out stuff like Hulu if I want to watch a show.

Obviously you get much less bang for your buck in a notebook. I may get a tower system once I have this paid off. It wasn't a tax return purchase.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #53
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i think if you cut out WoW you could go with a super-cheap and super-portable netbook there.

not sure a netbook could handle WoW though

Yeah, my roommate (currently in Law School) loves his Netbook. I'm thinking about potentially replacing my desktop with the laptop however. I'm not one for computer games much anymore, and WoW is about the pinnacle of graphics/processor power I'll need.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #54
boberot
High School Varsity

Since my wife lost her full time job last summer, we've been slowly taking on water the past six months.

This tax return will be a giant bucket to help us right the ship, but that leak is still there . . . .

Too many people I know are in similar situations.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote