Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #51
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wow.. The girl wouldn't go down a freakin' waterslide for a million bucks.

Good move by the Trotters, despite being mean. I'd do what they did for a million bucks though.

mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #52
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah can't believe she didn't go down the slide, didn't help that her partner bordered on abuse to get her down it either.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

unfathomable.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #54
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm glad she didn't go down just because I'm loving the Globetrotters. They've been very good guys, but I would have done the same thing they did in a heartbeat. It's still a game. What did her partner expect them to do? Coax her down the slide?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:19 AM   #55
CraigSca
Pro Starter

No - but you still be a gentleman even in a race. Competition doesn't give you a jackass card to be playable at any time. If anything, their craptastic comments may have cajoled her to go down the slide.

I was really liking the globetrotter guys up until that very moment. It seemed they were guys who had fun winning or losing - class acts. Their comments disappointed me. But hey, we're all human - I'm thinking they're still my favorites.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #56
bob
College Starter

Even if she had gone down, that team was doomed once the globetrotters got there. No way they would have beat the globetrotters in a foot race to the finish line, and it didn't appear to be difficult to find it.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #57
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
No - but you still be a gentleman even in a race. Competition doesn't give you a jackass card to be playable at any time. If anything, their craptastic comments may have cajoled her to go down the slide.

I was really liking the globetrotter guys up until that very moment. It seemed they were guys who had fun winning or losing - class acts. Their comments disappointed me. But hey, we're all human - I'm thinking they're still my favorites.

So you would have stood there and said nothing rather than reinforce her fear?

It didn't downplay their level of class IMO. They've helped other teams on multiple occasions when most wouldn't have done so. When facing elimination, that goes out the window. They weren't rude by any means, so I don't have an issue with it.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #58
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

An absolutely great move by the 'Trotters - one of the funniest scenes ever on the show.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #59
stevew
Hall Of Famer

fucking A, I can't believe that bitch wouldn't go down the slide. Unbelievable.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #60
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
An absolutely great move by the 'Trotters - one of the funniest scenes ever on the show.

I did think the humor was further emphasized when Flight Time ran for the slide and basically did a running jump down it. The edit immediately flashed to the woman's face, which showed a sense of horror at how he literally threw himself down the slide without a second thought. It was fantastic.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #61
SportsDino
College Prospect

Ya, I appreciated him throwing himself down the slide recklessly. Someone having fun and enjoying the incredible opportunity they've been given.

Lots of people would love to go on that show and do anything for a chance at a million bucks and see the world with all expenses paid (including me, applied to go on years ago but no luck, too ugly for camera probly).

After listening to the whiny girl for five minutes it was good to see someone actually interested in playing the game. I was more afraid the comments would actually get her to go down the slide, she obviously was not going down it anyway so they could only spur her to actually do it. Trotters are my favorites, dating teams are almost always garbage that has gotten boring a long time ago. I also like the pink haired father/son team, seem to work together well and are laid back.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #62
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My question about her was that she was terrified by heights and water, hasn't she EVER seen the show?

It was a shame to see her go out that way as I thought she was so damn cute, didn't want the last impression to be her whining like that.

I also got a kick out of that other lady thinking they were actually in the water with the sharks. (Here, hold this chum on the way down, good luck)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #63
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The waterwings were the best.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #64
sooner333
College Starter

I thought the trashtalking was pretty smart, although I too was afraid it would have the opposite effect for a minute. But yeah, those two were NOT outrunning the Globetrotters to the finish line. However, the Globetrotters couldn't afford to be "nice" knowing that because they had no idea what was to come. It could have been more than just a race to the finish.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #65
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

FRANZ!!! jeeeez
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #66
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
FRANZ!!! jeeeez

yeah, they deserved to go home because of that
Old 11-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #67
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler

Last edited by tyketime : 11-30-2009 at 12:31 AM.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #68
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Why take the 4 hour penalty? Did they really believe they could not figure it out in less than 4 hours? Hell even if it takes you another 2 hours you're still ahead of where you would be.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #69
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Add me to the "annoyed with the brothers" group - back-to-back weeks pulling crap moves on the other groups (stolen taxi and refusal to share "FRANZ" with the globetrotters).
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #70
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Add me to the "annoyed with the brothers" group - back-to-back weeks pulling crap moves on the other groups (stolen taxi and refusal to share "FRANZ" with the globetrotters).

I agree, I am all for gamesnmenship and screwing other teams, stealing cabs, etc..., but if you flat out agree to work with each other during a particular task then break that agreement during the task you are completeing that is shitty.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #71
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Best team won.

Last edited by Lathum : 12-06-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #72
bhlloy
Coordinator

Agreed. Thank god the brothers didn't win after the shit they pulled, and Brian and Ericka got especially annoying in that last episode
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #73
bob
College Starter

I was really disappointed with the finale. Normally there is some task that makes the contestants pull together everything they have done and everywhere they have been. There was nothing like that this time. Overall, it was a pretty boring leg of the race, but at least the best team won.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #74
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Agreed. Thank god the brothers didn't win after the shit they pulled, and Ericka got especially annoying in that last episode

Fixed it for ya...
Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #75
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I was really disappointed with the finale. Normally there is some task that makes the contestants pull together everything they have done and everywhere they have been. There was nothing like that this time. Overall, it was a pretty boring leg of the race, but at least the best team won.

+1

It seemed just like any other leg of the race. I would like to see them do the finale like Survivor does to be honest. Make it a 2 hour finale and even have a reunion show where the teams get to talk about what they did during the race. Though the show doesn't seem to have the cult following that Survivor does which is probably why that idea would never happen.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #76
bob
College Starter

Just a bump to let any other fans know that the next season of the Amazing Race starts at 8 PM on Sunday, February 14th.