Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #51
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

The link that says "GET OUTTA HERE" links to AFF, at least that's what it shows when you hover over it.

Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #52
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Sorry if I offended but you are right it is an"official" holiday that no companies follow at least know that I have ever worked for. Sorry, but it is just not a real holiday that people think of anymore and I think it should be gotten rid of. Plus, the Vikings discovered North America way before Columbus.

That will be crushing news to the millions of federal employees (plus post office workers) who get it off. And, pretty much everyone in the Washington DC area.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #53
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
The link that says "GET OUTTA HERE" links to AFF, at least that's what it shows when you hover over it.

Got it. Well...to whoever that wound up happening to, my sincerest apologies. I dunno how this has gone unnoticed where I work over the last...criminy...couple years.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #54
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Plus, the Vikings discovered North America way before Columbus.

Seriously people, I thought we were going to end the unnecesary Vikings love in last weeks thread. This is just getting out of hand.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #55
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Seriously people, I thought we were going to end the unnecesary Vikings love in last weeks thread. This is just getting out of hand.

It's the damn Capital One commercials. Will they never end????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #56
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry if I offended but you are right it is an"official" holiday that no companies follow at least know that I have ever worked for. Sorry, but it is just not a real holiday that people think of anymore and I think it should be gotten rid of. Plus, the Vikings discovered North America way before Columbus.

All of my friends in various industries across NYC either get the day off, or its part of a rolling holiday with Veteran's Day (half the staff takes one, the other half get the other) similar to MLK/President's Day.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #57
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'll be happy if the Bengals stay within 7 of the Ravens this week. In an interesting turn of events, the Ravens have outscored the Bengal offense to this point, and the Bengals have allowed fewer points than the Ravens D. That's a switch.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #58
TroyF
Coordinator

This is one of the worst slates of game this year. Look at this steaming pile:

Oakland @ NYG - Ummm, yeah. That should be good for 15 minutes.
Cleveland @ Buffalo - Two teams who are already out of playoff contention in week 5, woo hoo.
Dallas @ KC - Tony should have a field day here.
Minnesota @ Stl - All day should be needed for all of the first quarter.
TB @ Philly - Another NFC East team getting to pound on garbage.
Pitt @ Detroit - Lions are fiesty. Steelers can actually play.
Washington @ Carolina - Campbell vs. Dehlomme. Wow.
Jax @ Seattle - Garrard vs. Seneca Wallace. This is just awesome.
--------------------------------------------------------

Now for the games that actually look decent for various reasons:

Cincy @ Baltimore - We find out how serious the Bengals are here. Don't need a win but they do need a good showing.

Atlanta @ SF - I think the Falcons need to open up the playbook and go deep more. If they try the conservative garbage they tried against the Pats, they'll get hammered here. On the other side of it, the SF offense simply must play better. They will not match their first quarter of the season win total in any other quarter if they are 31 in the league in first downs per game.

Houston @ Arizona - I put this here because if you like shootouts, there should be plenty of points here. If nothing else, this is a fantasy football players game. Slaton, Johnson, Daniels, Fitz, Boldin, Warner. . . should be fun.

NE @ Denver - Game of the week for my money. I can write the headlines for the game now: If Denver wins, everyone will say that Denver should be happy to be 5-0, but that they'll lose their next 5 games and still miss the playoffs. If Denver loses, headline will be that the Broncos returned to Earth. The NE haters will say they had another easy win and that it means nothing. The Broncos haters will assume that because Denver lost to a top 5 team and gave up 30 points to Tom Brady that the team will now implode and the season is over. (for the record, both headline would be ridiculous, and all of that said, it is a big game for both teams. The Broncos to continue to prove that they can play and for NE to get a big W on the road)

Indy @ Tennessee - OK, so this game is a dog. I just WISH it would be the game we thought we'd see at the start of the year.

NYJ @ Miami - A chance to see the Jets on national TV. This will be the first Jets game I've got a chance to see all the way through. I'm interested to see how they'll look.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #59
TroyF
Coordinator

A couple of goofy stats:

The NFC East faces teams with a combined 1-14 record this week. The opposition has combined to score 197 points while giving up 392.

Biggest point differentials in the NFL - NO (+78), Denver (53), SF (49), Indy and Baltimore (44)

Biggest the other way - St. Louis (84), Cleveland (69), Carolina (50 in three games), TB (53), KC (48)

QB's with a 90+ rating - P. Manning, Brees, Favre, E. Manning, Rodgers, Ryan, Schaub, Roethlisberger, Orton, Flacco, Hill, Rivers.

QB's below 80 - Romo, Edwards, Palmer, Sanchize, Collins

QB's below 50 - JeMarcus Russell.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #60
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
QB's below 50 - JeMarcus Russell.

LOL that he has his own category.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #61
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
A couple of goofy stats:

QB's below 80 - Edwards

You seem to list QB's under 80 who are notable, or would seem to be a surprise that they are under 80. My question about this is why would anyone be surprised Edwards is under 80? Ever since moving back to a Bills centered media market (and I use that term loosely) there has been this sense the Bills have found their QB, they are fine there, etc. Everyone wants Jauron's head on a platter (not that they shouldn't) but noone seems to be calling for Edwards to be replaced. I'd want him gone just as fast.

I just don't see what anyone has ever seen in this guy to think he'd be an NFL quarterback you could build a contender around.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #62
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post

I just don't see what anyone has ever seen in this guy to think he'd be an NFL quarterback you could build a contender around.

JP Losman will make anyone look awesome
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #63
Logan
Head Coach

Kerry Collins is notable?

And Edwards had an 85.4 rating last year upon completing 66% of his passes at a 7.2 ypc clip. Not bad for a 2nd year QB.

Last edited by Logan : 10-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #64
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
You seem to list QB's under 80 who are notable, or would seem to be a surprise that they are under 80. My question about this is why would anyone be surprised Edwards is under 80? Ever since moving back to a Bills centered media market (and I use that term loosely) there has been this sense the Bills have found their QB, they are fine there, etc. Everyone wants Jauron's head on a platter (not that they shouldn't) but noone seems to be calling for Edwards to be replaced. I'd want him gone just as fast.

I listed him for that very reason. A lot of people think he's a terrific young QB. I think he's horrible. The reasons are because of the stats posted above. The problem with those is it doesn't take into account the schedule. Edwards started 14 games. 8 of those starts were against the 10 worst pass defenses in the NFL. He started against a top 10 pass defense one time. (the Raiders, who finished right at 10th)

Football Outsiders ranked him the 24th best QB in the league last year. He ranks 30th this year.

People are going to figure out the guy can't play. The quicker Buffalo realizes that, the quicker they can start rebuilding.

I only threw Collins in there because of his team. No other real reason.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #65
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I listed him for that very reason. A lot of people think he's a terrific young QB. I think he's horrible. The reasons are because of the stats posted above. The problem with those is it doesn't take into account the schedule. Edwards started 14 games. 8 of those starts were against the 10 worst pass defenses in the NFL. He started against a top 10 pass defense one time. (the Raiders, who finished right at 10th)

Football Outsiders ranked him the 24th best QB in the league last year. He ranks 30th this year.

People are going to figure out the guy can't play. The quicker Buffalo realizes that, the quicker they can start rebuilding.

I only threw Collins in there because of his team. No other real reason.

That may sound bad, but on the other hand, it's really hard to throw well when you're playing against more than one defense in some of your games.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 10-08-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #66
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
That may sound bad, but on the other hand, it's really hard to throw well when you're playing against more than one defense in some of your games.

Well played.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #67
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Wins for Denver and Miami could see the Dolphins within a game of the division lead two weeks after I'd written them off.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #68
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Wins for Denver and Miami could see the Dolphins within a game of the division lead two weeks after I'd written them off.

I think Miami will have a difficult time with that Jets defense, Henne is no Drew Brees and I think the Jets will dare him to pass and shut down the running game.

Quote:
Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #69
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

One win at a time. Just like they did last year. Even if they they split their next two games, they'll be in the exact same spot after 6 games as they were last season.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 AM   #70
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
The Lions/Steelers game may even be a sellout. Only 1,500 tickets remaining.

The Lions game is sold out. I expect there will be a lot of black & gold in Ford Field.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #71
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Great... my 1pm game choices are either:

Giants vs Raiders
Cowboys vs Chiefs...

Really? Why would anyone not a fan of these four teams want to watch any of these games... ugh

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

McNabb with a bomb to Maclin for a TD!!! I only wish I had started Maclin in my fantasy leagues.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #73
Radii
Head Coach

DeAngelo Williams fumbles and Washington scores two plays later, how embarrassing.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #74
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Giants vs Raiders
Cowboys vs Chiefs...

Really? Why would anyone not a fan of these four teams want to watch any of these games... ugh

I don't think anyone not a fan of any of the teams playing at 1pm today would want to be watching. Maybe Cincy-Baltimore.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #75
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

San Francisco - Atlanta?

EDIT - Nevermind, Pacific Time Zone thing.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 10-11-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #76
JS19
College Prospect

Steve Smith is amazing.

Besides being a Giants fan, I'm actually looking forward to witnessing just how bad J. Russell is firsthand.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #77
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Anybody here have the NFL Redzone channel? And more specifically, AT&T Uverse? My Redzone channel is black and shows the message "No programming schedule at this time." WTF????
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #78
Rizon
Pro Starter

Raiders ... lmao
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #79
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Raiders ... lmao

I love how disgusted Gumbel sounded after Bradshaw scored. "It's not often you break a 20 yd TD run and go untouched, and not only untouched, but I don't think there was a Raider within 5 feet of touching him".
Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #80
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Anybody here have the NFL Redzone channel? And more specifically, AT&T Uverse? My Redzone channel is black and shows the message "No programming schedule at this time." WTF????

+1

Only have the HD feed listed but it is just a black screen and has been since the season started. Guessing they just haven't ironed out the money issues.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #81
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
I love how disgusted Gumbel sounded after Bradshaw scored. "It's not often you break a 20 yd TD run and go untouched, and not only untouched, but I don't think there was a Raider within 5 feet of touching him".

Lost the feed here, so I can't see how bad they are, but I can hear it
Old 10-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #82
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

wow, the Boys are looking like shit
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #83
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Being stuck with these crappy Giants games week after week is almost enough to get me to give up on the NFL.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #84
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Giants vs Raiders
Cowboys vs Chiefs...

I'll see your games as raise you ...

Vikings @ Rams
Steelers @ Lions
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #85
Rizon
Pro Starter

Woot, feed came back up as the Giants go up 21-0 on Jokeland.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #86
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'll see your games as raise you ...

Vikings @ Rams
Steelers @ Lions

And I'll raise

Raiders @ Giants

and nothing else.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #87
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
+1

Only have the HD feed listed but it is just a black screen and has been since the season started. Guessing they just haven't ironed out the money issues.
Yeah, they only carry the HD feed but if you're subscribed to the HD Premium tier you get NFL Redzone. I signed up for that specifically to get NFL Redzone and have had it all season, now today it's blank. Want my money back!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #88
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I love NFL Red Zone. I just got to see the Rams get down to Minnesota's 2 yard line and then fumble it away. The Rams are hilarious.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #89
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
J. Russell sacked by T. Thomas. J. Russell fumbled. J. Tuck recovered fumble

LOL, who needs to actually watch the game. It's just as fun to watch the play by play.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 10-11-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #90
cmp
Pro Rookie

These roughing the passer calls are horrible.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #91
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

How can the raider's be this bad?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #92
Rizon
Pro Starter

Faiders down 28-0 ... not even halfway through the 2nd ...
Old 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #93
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post

When your best player is the punter.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #94
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
When your best player is the punter.

Maybe they will start punting on first down.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #95
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post

Wasting first round draft picks are usually a part of the equation.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #96
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Being stuck with these crappy Giants games week after week is almost enough to get me to give up on the NFL.

I wonder if a team has ever started with a schedule this embarrassingly easy... Washington, Dallas, Tampa, Kansas City, Oakland.

Dallas isn't awful but the other four? What a gift to the Giants to start the season.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #97
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
LOL, who needs to actually watch the game. It's just as fun to watch the play by play.

It wasn't even a blindside type hit. Thomas came straight at him and Russell just dangled the ball right out there.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:56 PM   #98
larrymcg421
Head Coach

How long until we see David Carr?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #99
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

What should I watch, Giants and that Al Davis team or a TV edited Chucky movie.

And I'm not referring to Jon Gruden.

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 10-11-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #100
Radii
Head Coach

Carolina gets the ball down to the Redskins 3, runs 4 times and can't score, but pin the skins inside the 1 and get a Safety. 7-2 redskins, both of these teams are proving to be terrible though.

Last edited by Radii : 10-11-2009 at 02:08 PM.