Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2003, 10:22 PM   #51
Raven
College Prospect

Primelord, I thought we were going to try and meet around 11 tonight?

Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:15 AM   #52
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well, me and Raven hooked up for our week 2 game tonight, and despite picking him off three times, I failed to convert the turnovers into TDs, and he scored a late TD to win 17-13 after I had led all the way. Sadly, I just couldn't punch it in in the red zone, and it ended up costing me the game. Good game, Raven, and nice red zone defense.

Here is my scouting report on Raven. He likes to go to Derrick Mason a lot. He ended up with the bulk of the Titans offense for the game, with somewhere around 150 to 180 yards. Focus on shutting down Mason and make Raven beat you some other way. Raven also likes to scramble with McNair when there's an opening, so be on the lookout. As with any scrambling QB, try to strip him when you're tackling him. QBs are fumblers! He does not seem to be all that dangerous running with Eddie George, so let him try to run and concentrate on stopping his passing game. He also likes to hit Wycheck too, so keep an eye on him if you double Mason. If you apply pressure, your chances of getting a pick are pretty good (I got 3). He will try to force throws in, and if you choose sets with lots of d-backs, you should get at least a pick or two.

He seems to be more worried about the pass on defense, and loves to get pressure with Kearse. Pound him with the run if you've got a good back and a good line. Audible you tight end or backs to help protect your QB. He's pretty confident that he can stop the run with Kearse and Carter, so try to catch him with the run when he is in nickle and dime sets.

Make sure you have your audibles saved to your profile, as he will hit resume game to limit your time to make subs and set audibles. Hope this helps!

P.S. - I think scouting reports will be another source of fun for making gameplans and counter gameplans. Good luck the rest of the season, Raven!

Last edited by Kodos : 02-06-2003 at 01:26 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:39 AM   #53
Raven
College Prospect

Scouting report on Kodos...

He will try to run Terrel Davis down your throat early. Most of Davis' runs against me were to the right side, and tended to be off tackle, or sweeps. 4-3 doesn't work well against him because Davis can break tackles pretty easily when one-on-one. You are going to need to stop him in the backfield or make him move east-to-west. Look for runs out of the I form big set. If you go with 3 lineman, he likes to pound it up the middle, and does so effectively. He also likes to run Davis out of goal line offense.

He likes to audible, and does it often. He will go slot strong, but seems to have trouble against the quarter package. If you go quarters and man-to-man, you have a good shot at stopping his passing game. Rod Smith seemed to be his favorite target, but he spreads the ball around otherwise. McAffrey nor Sharpe were highly productive in our game, but he picked up blitzes well by throwing the swing pass to Davis in the backfield. If he goes shotgun, the RB will move up to the line of scrimmage. Keep pressure on Griese, or else Smith can burn you big. Otherwise his passing plays take a little time to develop, as he tends to throw outside the hash marks. In our game, I don't recall one pass over the middle.

Other notes: Inside the 50, he isn't afraid to go for it on 4th down. He did this against me on the first drive of the game.

Good luck, Kodos. Thanks for a fun game.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:44 AM   #54
Kodos
Resident Alien

Alas, the only Shotgun formation in my playbook has the RB on the line (5WR). I actually would rather have him in the backfield...

As for going for it, I'm pretty conservative, but on 4th and short inside the 30, I may just have to go for it.

Good game, and maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:42 AM   #55
primelord
Pro Rookie

Raven,

Sorry I had some things come up at the last minute and I couldn't make it. However I am at home today and I thought you mentioned being able to play during the day. So if you are available today I can get our game in. Let me know.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:21 PM   #56
Raven
College Prospect

Primelord, if we can get our game started by 2/2:30pm EST, I can play it today. I'll be online, so instant message me.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:23 PM   #57
BigDPW
College Prospect

FML Week 2
Redskins at Patriots

The game was a defensive struggle though the first 10 minutes of the 1st half when suddenly the Skins had two quick strikes to Rod Gardner followed by a TD pass to answer them by Tom Brady. Halftime Score (Redskins 14 - Pats 7) The second half began like the 1st with the defenses controlling the game. In the late 3rd qtr things started to unravel for the Patriots when they threw an INT and then fumbled on consecutive possessions in their own end of the field. The Redskins were able to turn both TOs into TDs. The Patrtiots were able to muster one more solid drive ending in a TD Pass but it was way too little too late.

Final Score:
Patriots 14
Redskins 35

Last edited by BigDPW : 02-06-2003 at 12:24 PM.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #58
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Chuck127 and/or Joegibbsjr. Barring a failure to connect to the server I should be availble from about 5 Eastern on to play our games. Are either of you available today?
Old 02-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #59
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
Chuck127 and/or Joegibbsjr. Barring a failure to connect to the server I should be availble from about 5 Eastern on to play our games. Are either of you available today?

Have you had any better luck recently with the server?
Old 02-06-2003, 12:41 PM   #60
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Hey fritz, I wil not be home until 11:30 tonight. I'm guessing this is to late for you. If so, maybe we can hook up tomorrow(friday) night or over the weekend. Let me know what's up.
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:43 PM   #61
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Have you had any better luck recently with the server?

only when there is no-one around to play
Old 02-06-2003, 12:44 PM   #62
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by joegibbsjr.
Hey fritz, I wil not be home until 11:30 tonight. I'm guessing this is to late for you. If so, maybe we can hook up tomorrow(friday) night or over the weekend. Let me know what's up.

I should be available then. If not Friday night I will be available this weekend. Most of sunday for sure.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #63
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Great Game BigDPW!!!!! The score does this game no justice. Take away the 4th quarter turnovers and a couple of drops and there is no telling what would have happened. GREAT GAME!!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 01:16 PM   #64
Kodos
Resident Alien

Is DetoxRox dead?
Old 02-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #65
primelord
Pro Rookie

Raven and I managed to get in our game today.

Jets - 38
Titans - 27

The Jets got out to a big 28-7 lead at the half, but two turnovers early in the 3rd quarter let teh Titans get back into it. Raven managed to score on TD passes to Eddie George off of both turnovers. On the day Eddie had a huge day catching the ball. he had all 4 Titan TD receptions. The Jets kept a pretty balanced attack all day.

Good game Raven!
Old 02-06-2003, 07:47 PM   #66
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

RainRaven, or Chris01...are you available to play our league game tonight? If so please let me know...either post here you you can IM me on AIM @ Doug5984
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:50 PM   #67
Raven
College Prospect

Good game, Primelord.

Here is the schedule with results through week 3.

WEEK 1

BILLS at CHIEFS
DOLPHINS at REDSKINS
BRONCOS at CHARGERS
PATRIOTS 20 at BEARS 17
JETS 38 at TITANS 27
COLTS 9 at SAINTS 31

WEEK 2

JETS at CHARGERS
BEARS at DOLPHINS
CHIEFS at COLTS
SAINTS at BILLS
TITANS 17 at BRONCOS 13
REDSKINS 35 at PATRIOTS 14

WEEK 3

JETS at SAINTS
CHIEFS at BEARS
BRONCOS at REDSKINS
PATRIOTs at COLTS
DOLPHINS at CHARGERS
TITANS at BILLS
Old 02-06-2003, 11:41 PM   #68
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

me and rainraven kinda played our game toinght...we played 3 quasi-games and combined them to determine our final score.

Game 1- I have a great long drive, get to the 40 and have to put...first play Priest Holmes has a 90 yard TD run. After a horrible drive by me RainRaven gets the ball and gets in position to kick a FG, but as the FG was in the air the game frezees (it looked to me like it was not going to be good though)
Final score 7-0 (RainRaven) mostly through the first quarter.

Game 2- I am able to drive down and score on my opening drive ...after I then hold RainRaven he punts to me my player fumbles it, he picks it up and runs it in for a TD. I get the ball back, drive down and kick a FG, 10-7 me. On the next kick off he takes it for a TD...a few plays later the game freezes up mid-way through the 2nd quarter.
Final score 14-10 (RainRaven)

Game 3- It was a blizzard and on RainRavens opening drive I am able to keep him out of the endzone but he pins me down at the 9 yard line. The field is so covered in snow that I drop back to pass, don't realize im in the endzone get sacked 2-0 RainRaver. I then procede to go 3 and out and RainRaven drives down to the 1 yard line, 4th down, and the game freezes again.
Final Score 2-0 (Rain Raven) Half way through the 2nd quarter.

So after discussing it with Rain Raven I came to the conclussion that I suck...Also we decided to call it a game and so the final score 23-10 RainRaven wins.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:50 PM   #69
RainRaven
High School JV

I disliked having to put together the three games for the final score but the total time did come out to roughly a whole game length and the server was just being a pain in the perverbial ass. He played a good game and I look forward to playing him again at some point. I like the chiefs running attack so far... though I have never been a fan of Trent Green in the passing game...
Old 02-07-2003, 12:24 AM   #70
Chris01
n00b

Doug5984 I'll be available most of the day and night tomorrow if you'd like to try and get our game in. Just post a few times that are good for you and we'll go from there. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it at one game and not 3 for 1, that sounds like it was a pain in the ass.
Chris
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 12:39 AM   #71
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris01
Doug5984 I'll be available most of the day and night tomorrow if you'd like to try and get our game in. Just post a few times that are good for you and we'll go from there. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it at one game and not 3 for 1, that sounds like it was a pain in the ass.
Chris

Tomorrow I will be able to play anytime after 2 CST.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:09 AM   #72
Chris01
n00b

How's 5pm or so my time (which I believe is 6pm your time, correct me if i'm wrong) sound to you Doug5984?

Chris
Old 02-07-2003, 10:53 AM   #73
RainRaven
High School JV

I am snowed in today and hence can play some games out if anyone wants to get there arse kicked
Old 02-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #74
Kodos
Resident Alien

DetoxRox, if you are not dead, please let me know when you can play. Thanks.

Kodos
Old 02-07-2003, 02:10 PM   #75
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris01
How's 5pm or so my time (which I believe is 6pm your time, correct me if i'm wrong) sound to you Doug5984?

Chris

Umm...which time zone are you? If west coast then 5 is 7 for me...i think...
Old 02-07-2003, 02:18 PM   #76
Chris01
n00b

Good thing you corrected me Doug. Yea I'm west coast time. So if 7 your time is good for you then it works for me.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:25 PM   #77
primelord
Pro Rookie

Bump for DetoxRox since I saw he is online. We need to schedule our game too.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #78
Vince
Pro Starter

RainRaven: You good to play today? I've got some time...let me know if/when you want to play.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #79
RainRaven
High School JV

The server has been down... so I don't know if we can even play.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:47 PM   #80
Vince
Pro Starter

That's a bummer...well, I'll be cruising here for an hour or two more. If the server gets back up, holler at me, and we'll play.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:28 PM   #81
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

raven - where did you go?
Old 02-07-2003, 08:15 PM   #82
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Me and Chris01 were able to play our game tonight...and well this is how it went....
He beat the crap out of me...

45-7 Saints won

I had only 1 first down in the first half, he was able to run duece for close to 200 yards...and it was just a not very pretty game...I could go into details, but it was just a lot of scoring by him...and very little by me.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #83
BigDPW
College Prospect

Vince

I will be around part of the weekend. A friend from HS father passed away unexpectedly yesterday and I need to go back home for part of the weekend. I will look for you on AIM or email you when I have a better feel for when I will have time to play week 3.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 11:46 PM   #84
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

joegibbsjr.

I did not pull the plug on our game.

For the league: With under a minute to play, no time outs, and the redskins owning ball, the game cut out. The score at this point was

Redskins 17
Dolphins 14

More than likely that would be the final score and if there is no objection I would enter that into the record books.

The score does not reveal how lopsided this game was. Joe (along with my stone hands recievers) effectively eliminated the fins passing game.

Last edited by Fritz : 02-07-2003 at 11:56 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 01:15 AM   #85
Vince
Pro Starter

BigDPW: Sorry to hear about your friend...my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I should be online this weekend...only have work at night, so if you are on (and no pressure to be...we've got time to get our game in), we should be able to hook up for the game.

Same to you RainRaven...I should be online most of the weekend, but if you can't play no worries, we'll get it in soon.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:57 AM   #86
Chris01
n00b

GG doug, believe it or not Deuce suprised us both. I know if we face off again there's a good chance the score won't look like that. Goodluck this season Doug.

Chris
Old 02-08-2003, 02:09 PM   #87
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

hey fellas. I am going to let chuck post our score.

===
Chuck is a fine oppenant, and he gets the most of the Bears.

In our game we were disconnected twice. that is 3 disconnects for 3 league games attempted. That and the "server not availables" have made this more frustrating than fun.

Last edited by Fritz : 02-08-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 02:33 PM   #88
Chuck127
n00b

WEEK 2
BEARS 24
DOLPHINS 10

We had two disconnects. First game we disconnected in the first guarter and just started over. Second game we made it all the way to the 4th with 3min left and got disc. So we just played 1 3min quarter to finish the game using the score from the 2nd game. Final 24-10.

gg Fritz wish there would have been no disconnects! If your recievers caught a few of those passes the outcome could have been different.

Last edited by Chuck127 : 02-08-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #89
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

chuck - the reason I did not use the timeouts in the makeup 3 min is I was saving them for the 2 min warning. We didnt have a 2 min warning, so I just forgot.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #90
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Looks like the 1st 2 games of the season have been bad for disconnects. Doug and Rainraven had some problems, Fritz and myself had it, then Fritz and Chuck. All I can say is lets hope the 2nd week of the season goes a little smoother. Hey Kodos, I believe your next on my schedule. Let me know when your ready and we'll work something out. Later!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 01:14 AM   #91
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, well it looks like I'm not going to be as available as I thought I would this weekend...SWMBO has roped me into helping her study for a midterm (man, people find out you're a history major, and as soon as they take a history class, they expect you to know everything about it ), and I'm actually going to be running the invoices at work tomorrow, so I won't be available to play any games until Monday. Sorry guys
Old 02-09-2003, 01:56 AM   #92
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey JoeGibbsJr. I'm still trying to set up my game with DetoxRox. Why don't we plan on playing Tuesday night? Does that work for you?
Old 02-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #93
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Tuesday night after 11:30 est. is fine with me Kodos. I usually see you on late at night anyway so I dont think we're going to have much trouble getting together. Hey Primelord, You and I are up later this week. Give me a buzz and let me know when is good for you.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #94
Chuck127
n00b

RAIN RAVEN.....

My week 3 game is against you. If Im keeping track right, I know u still have to play your week 2 game. Just Let me know when your ready to get ours in.
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 02:05 PM   #95
RainRaven
High School JV

This is going to be a busy school week for me, however I hope to still fit in any games that are possible I should be able to play tonight after 11:30 p.m... proabably can fit in one game. IF it snows again tonight and IF my college decides to cancel classes again I might be aviable to play monday during the day... but that's a big second if.. the snow however is almost certain.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #96
Kodos
Resident Alien

Since this was only the first week, the deadline for playing the first week's games has been extended until after Tuesday night. After that time, the forfeit rule will be put into play. Just a friendly warning from the league front office.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #97
Raven
College Prospect

WEEK 1

BILLS 10 at CHIEFS 23
DOLPHINS 14 at REDSKINS 17
BRONCOS at CHARGERS
PATRIOTS 20 at BEARS 17
JETS 38 at TITANS 27
COLTS 9 at SAINTS 31

WEEK 2

JETS at CHARGERS
BEARS 24 at DOLPHINS 10
CHIEFS at COLTS
SAINTS 45 at BILLS 7
TITANS 17 at BRONCOS 13
REDSKINS 35 at PATRIOTS 14

WEEK 3

JETS at SAINTS
CHIEFS at BEARS
BRONCOS at REDSKINS
PATRIOTs at COLTS
DOLPHINS at CHARGERS
TITANS at BILLS
Old 02-10-2003, 12:00 PM   #98
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Raven- when would you like to play our week 3 game?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:04 PM   #99
Kodos
Resident Alien

DetoxRox - When can you play our Week 1 game?
Old 02-10-2003, 12:06 PM   #100
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here's this week's slate of games to be played by Sunday night.

WEEK 3

JETS at SAINTS
CHIEFS at BEARS
BRONCOS at REDSKINS
PATRIOTs at COLTS
DOLPHINS at CHARGERS
TITANS at BILLS

WEEK 4

SAINTS at CHIEFS
BEARS at BRONCOS
REDSKINS at JETS
DOLPHINS at TITANS