Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #51
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
This show is re-frigging-diculous. Absolutely mind-blowingly awesome. Danes played bipolar so well last episode...wow.

Absolutely great episode last night. No idea how this thing is gonna end next week and we get a 90-minute episode to boot! If they decide to roll it into next season with a cliffhanger I will be pissed.

Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #52
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I dont want it to ever end.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:59 PM   #53
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Damn.
Spoiler

That ECT shit was fuckin freaky barbaric shit.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-19-2011 at 12:41 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 AM   #54
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, I was so hoping that bomb would go off but when the show got renewed they couldn't kill off one of their two main characters in the 1st season. I really liked the very end with Carrie figuring it out right before she went to sleep. Can't wait to see how they handle next season with Congressman Brody and how they get Carrie back into the CIA.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #55
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

fuck. Intense, but a minor disappointment for a finale in some ways.

still. Loved this show.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #56
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

dola you guys might wanna spoiler some of that above for people who havent seen it. Although it says spoilers in the thread title I know some of us have still been using the spoiler tag
Old 12-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #57
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Mrs Tyke & I watched the finale last night. Wow! That was intense.
Spoiler
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #58
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

So now going into season two, we got three different camps

1. Brody and the terrorists
2. Saul, hopefully with Carrie helping him the way her friend helped her, off-the-books
3. The VP and black guy (forget his name)

All working against each other. Sets up a whole new dynamic.

Also, notice that we NEVER found out who the mole was?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:29 AM   #59
Logan
Head Coach

Was watching this week to week through episode 4, and then I moved and didn't have Showtime in my new place. Caught up on episodes 5-12 in the last few days. Haven't read anything else online yet, and I'll probably do some reading today, but one thing I'm curious about: what happened with the house by the airport? Claire Danes told us that it wasn't "Marine 1" as in the plane they were watching out for, but actual Marines 1 and 2. But we know Tom Walker showed up at the house to stake out the roof. Is that a TBD plot?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Was watching this week to week through episode 4, and then I moved and didn't have Showtime in my new place. Caught up on episodes 5-12 in the last few days. Haven't read anything else online yet, and I'll probably do some reading today, but one thing I'm curious about: what happened with the house by the airport? Claire Danes told us that it wasn't "Marine 1" as in the plane they were watching out for, but actual Marines 1 and 2. But we know Tom Walker showed up at the house to stake out the roof. Is that a TBD plot?

Maybe it was misdirection? Or maybe that was the primary plan, but when it got discovered they moved to their backup plan of the bombing? We're not sure...good question though.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #61
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Maybe it was misdirection? Or maybe that was the primary plan, but when it got discovered they moved to their backup plan of the bombing? We're not sure...good question though.

Yeah I doubt there's a clear answer but I don't care...this season was fantastic and I can't wait for the next one.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #62
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

I read an interview with the showrunners who said that the "house angle" hasn't run it's course yet.

They also said that they envision the show being like the Wire in that it can focus on something different but keeping the other subplots going.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #63
Logan
Head Coach

Works for me.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #64
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Outstanding TV season.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #65
flounder
High School Varsity

Any word on when the second season will start? I found an old article that said they wouldn't even begin production until Spring.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #66
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's possible they will air it along with Dexter in the fall, which would be a September start. If they decide to either not renew Californication or some of the other winter shoes fail(that Don Cheadle show looks horrible), it could be January.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #67
Ramzavail
College Starter

My wife ordered Showtime on Thursday just for this show. We watched all 11 episodes in 4 days (not counting Christmas or Christmas Eve). We were totally addicted and now, totally disappointed as we have nothing else to watch

Great show. I would add more, but I have no idea how to do that whole spoiler thing.

Last edited by Ramzavail : 12-28-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
My wife ordered Showtime on Thursday just for this show. We watched all 11 episodes in 4 days (not counting Christmas or Christmas Eve). We were totally addicted and now, totally disappointed as we have nothing else to watch

Great show. I would add more, but I have no idea how to do that whole spoiler thing.

["spoiler] TEXT ["/spoiler] without the " marks

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-28-2011 at 10:06 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #69
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So...the vest was broken by the Secret Service agent tackling Brody, or it was a dud? I figure they couldn't kill off Brody this early. I wonder if the jihadi video will be the loose end keeping Brody under Nazir's thumb.

I don't buy that a high velocity sniper round wouldn't have blown thru that chick and killed the VP and the 3 people behind him. Maybe if it was an exploding round, I guess.

Will be interesting to see what angles develop next season. I suppose Saul could blackmail Estes and the VP enough to get Carrie back into the CIA. although that could be questionable.

I'm glad they didn't reveal a mole, that would be way too convenient.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #70
flounder
High School Varsity

I think what happened with Brody's vest is that a wire got disconnected. When he's in the bathroom, you see him hook two wires together and then the green light comes on. I thought Damian Lewis did an incredible acting job during the bunker scenes, by the way.

I think the last scene with Saul and Estes showed that he's not really worried about Saul revealing what he knows.

After what happened to the professor and his girlfriend (and Tom Walker), I think what will keep Brody in line is that Nazir will kill him if he thinks he's a liability.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #71
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The scene where Brody was talking about the vest blast knocking your head off was appropriately chilling.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #72
Easy Mac

I understand that she was crazy, but I never really understood why, once she outed her Brody relationship to Saul, she didn't go all in and tell him everything she found out. There were so many dots Saul could have connected in the end that would have made her call to him about Brody bombing the room seem much clearer to Saul.

Although, are we supposed to at least suspect that Saul is the mole? or are we supposed to be dead set on the Lebanese/Mexican operative?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #73
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I some how just found out about this show and watched it the entire season over the last week. Really great. Like everyone I thought Mandy Patinkin was amazing. And Claire Danes as a frantic genius constantly on the edge of insanity was fantastic and entertaining. I loved the final scene with her going into seizures.

More than a few times did I sympathize with Damian Lewis' character in a way that I seldom due. When he came back from the cabin after being with Danes, his life was turned upside down and hope crushed, sitting on the couch crying and trembling. That scene really stood out with me for some reason.

So anyway, bumped to recommend anyone reading this and that hasn't watched it yet, do yourself a favor and check it out.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #74
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Found myself re-watching season one on my TiVo. This show is simply amazing. Season 1 belongs on the Pantheon of all time great TV.

Last edited by stevew : 04-10-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #75
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The show will be back along side Dexter this fall.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #76
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Rewatching the pilot reminds me of how good the acting is on this show. The scene where Brody arrives stateside and meets the VP is very chilling when you know what the plan is all along. Damian Lewis' body language and facial expressions are perfect because they don't give away too much, but they also fit perfectly with what we find out later on. Can't wait for season 2.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #77
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Kind of fitting that this was bumped. A couple hours ago a buddy was mistaken and asked if the new season of Homeland started tonight. I got excited because I assumed I missed that it started in July. That feeling quickly turned to disappointment when I looked it up and realized there are still a few months to go.

Just a fantastic first season.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #78
cschex
High School Varsity

Good timing on the bump as my wife and I just finished the first season last night (using our free Showtime w/ DirectTV). Nothing much to add except that I agree with everyone that the show is awesome. I really loved the tension with the daughter in the last couple of episodes. Brody is also an interesting twist on the sleeper agent by presenting him as a true believer vs just someone who is programmed. Can't wait for the fall.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #79
flounder
High School Varsity

Season premiere this Sunday.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #80
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Saw this won a bunch of Emmys the other night. I really enjoyed this show but not sure it was better than Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, or Boardwalk Empire. Can't wait for the season premiere.

On a side note: I noticed that four of the six nominations for bext drama are some of my favorite shows. I couldn't really get into Mad Men but it was entertaining. That leaves Downton Abbey. I have never tried to watch this but seeing as I enjoyed 4 of the other 5 I thought I might give it a shot on netflix. Anyone on here watch this?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #81
Jas_lov
College Starter

It's the best show on tv. Well deserved emmys for Danes and Lewis and the show as a whole. Shotime has been replaying Season 1. I rewatched the finale last Sunday. So much intensity in that episode. I hope they can keep it up for season 2. Cant wait to see how they keep Carrie involved in the agency and what happens with Brody's run for office.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #82
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yeah, really nice to see this show clean up at the Emmys. Danes was a lock, but Lewis and the show were surprises. Still can't believe Mandy Patinkin didn't even get nominated.

Can't wait to see where they proceed. The promos have all looked fascinating.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #83
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Downton Abbey is pretty solid but not my cup of tea. I see how people like it, but I don't generally like period pieces. I don't think you will be mad if you check it out.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #84
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The look in her eyes was amazing as she ducked that security guy In the market.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #85
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Loved the Quaker school scene and the family reaction scene right after. Then the final scene.

Homeland is back
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #86
Jas_lov
College Starter

And Carrie is back in the field. Wonder if Brody's wife will start to get suspicious now.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #87
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The shift from absolute terror to giddy joy was quite something.

I really like that Brody isn't an evil character. The depth of all of the characters is what makes this show so good.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #88
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Loved the start. Can't wait to see where it goes. Agree that Brody doesn't come across as completely evil. That's why the scene with his daughter calling in the finale worked so well. Estes, the VP, and of course Abu Nazir come across as more loathsome individuals.

Was shocked that he told his wife about his conversion. Did not expect that to happen so soon.

Still fascinating that we have a hero who stopped a major terrorist attack, but might not ever know it.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #89
mckerney
Coordinator

She's getting $5 million and wants to move to Detroit?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #90
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Fantastic episode.

Spoiler

Old 10-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #91
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Fantastic episode.

Spoiler

Awesome episode - agreed about the ending - very shocking!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #92
mckerney
Coordinator

Homeland is along with Breaking Bad in one of the few shows that is unpredictable and actually surprises me. I really thought that they were going to kill Nazir while Brody had to deal with it in a place where he was supposed to be happy about it with the next few episodes being him and the reporter coming up with a way to proceed with plans for revenge.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #93
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That was fucking awesome. Can't believe they went to the tape so early
Old 10-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #94
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
She's getting $5 million and wants to move to Detroit?

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. At best a lateral move from Beirut.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #95
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I enjoyed when Brody's daughter said she had a new friend. His reaction should have been "Oh yeah. Well don't get too close I plan on killing his father"
Old 10-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #96
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lol. I was thinking the same thing. At best a lateral move from Beirut.

Doesn't Detroit have like the largest Muslim immigrant population in the US? Or one of the suburban areas does? It makes sense.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #97
Jas_lov
College Starter

That was a riveting episode. Now Saul knows. Does he go to Estes or do him and Carrie do their own thing? There was talk about a Nazir spy in the CIA. Galvez was part of the ops so I dont think it's him or Nazir wouldnt have shown.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #98
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
That was a riveting episode. Now Saul knows. Does he go to Estes or do him and Carrie do their own thing? There was talk about a Nazir spy in the CIA. Galvez was part of the ops so I dont think it's him or Nazir wouldnt have shown.

Yeah it seems like next epiosode would be Brody's last if this were real life but since its a TV show my guess is Saul and Carrie go off the grid. The problem Homeland has is they have made their 3 main characters all too good to write out of the storyline.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #99
larrymcg421
Head Coach

My thinking is they might try to blackmail Brody into helping them capture Nazir. But the best thing about the show is I have no clue where they will go.

The question of the mole is interesting, because it's clearly not Saul or Galvez or anyone else involved in or watching the operation.

Also, is it wrong that I hate the Veep even more than Nazir?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #100
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Doesn't Detroit have like the largest Muslim immigrant population in the US? Or one of the suburban areas does? It makes sense.

Yeah, but where's the fun in that.
Dearborn