Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 10:56 PM   #51
Bishop
Mascot

If anyone has such a big problem with the board and the people on it, or how it is ran... Nobody makes you come back... If your unfairly banned, better the reason to leave.

That was the thing with Horns, he would say he got attacked in every post, well why keep coming back then???

If you think the board is ran so biased, the internet is like 50% messageboards... goodluck, have fun.

Old 05-01-2003, 10:57 PM   #52
pjstp20
High School Varsity

TroyF you just repeated what I said in my last 2-3 posts.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:59 PM   #53
Bishop
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by Brutus
skydog banned me because he assumed i was a veteran...ONE OF YOU ALL...in disguise and was afraid to come out and voice my opinions in my real ID.

Right there, that's all you had to say.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:59 PM   #54
sabotai
General Manager

Brutus, it has nothing to do with grading and school. It has to do with how easy it is for someone to read. If it takes someone 2 or 3 times as long to read what you write as opposed to a well written message, they will either 1) Not read it, 2) Read it, but by the end simply not care, 3) Think you're an idiot.

Now explain to me how any of those 3 things accomplishes any of your goals.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:01 PM   #55
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I guess I was absent a few days, because I have no idea what the "hornsmaniac situation" is that created all of this.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:02 PM   #56
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
"Judging from his posting rate maybe it's the return of dolamite."

Like the return of George Foreman to boxing, we need a star to return to lift FOFC back up to the glory days.

Shorty, I have seen you on several occasions poke subtle (and not so subtle) jabs at SkyDog and the forum in general over the banning of HM in threads that have nothing to do with it. It's like every single post you make recently (that I have seen) is either a mean spirited jab at someone or the board in general.

Now, I'll admit I don't read every thread, but of the ones I have read, it would appear that Bishop is right in that there are a few people here that argue or otherwise "attack" everyone else because they are disgruntled at the board in general over the whole HM thing.

(note, attack is in quotes simply because I could not find a better word. I hope you know what I mean...)

(2nd note: I don't mean ATTACK, but...well, I can't think of a good word for it...bah)

Until this thread I have had good-spirited posts. I was really, really pissed off when I found out couriers was deleted.. at his own request though. But since we talked I have been in a good mood here, until this stuff.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:02 PM   #57
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
Brutus, it has nothing to do with grading and school. It has to do with how easy it is for someone to read. If it takes someone 2 or 3 times as long to read what you write as opposed to a well written message, they will either 1) Not read it, 2) Read it, but by the end simply not care, 3) Think you're an idiot.

Now explain to me how any of those 3 things accomplishes any of your goals.

you read the post didnt you? enough said
Old 05-01-2003, 11:04 PM   #58
sabotai
General Manager

Ok, well then I take it back. I guess that statement was too strong. I was just bringing up an observation. I probably have missed your pasts these past few days. So if you have cooled down, then cool. We cool?
Old 05-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #59
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Not to antagonize you Troy, because you do seem to be more of a voice of reason than most, but I don't want to alighn myself with any side here. I just think that there should be more of a level of objectivity and just because I'm pointing that out I have been put on the anti-SkyDog side.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #60
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop
If anyone has such a big problem with the board and the people on it, or how it is ran... Nobody makes you come back... If your unfairly banned, better the reason to leave.

That was the thing with Horns, he would say he got attacked in every post, well why keep coming back then???

If you think the board is ran so biased, the internet is like 50% messageboards... goodluck, have fun.

This is always the lamest post.. dude, this one thread or those string of threads does not reflect on the entire board. Horns liked the discussions, he didn't like being bashed..

Same with everyone else man, no one likes being trashed, but even if they are, they would still enjoy the other topics...
Old 05-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #61
sabotai
General Manager

"you read the post didnt you? enough said"

Actually I only got about half way through when I came to conclusion that only an idiot could write this badly...
Old 05-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #62
Brutus
n00b

Quote:

bishop, i dont feel you all are attacking me. im well aware that the majority will defend skydog in his actions. im not mad at you (and im sure you wouldnt care if i was) or anyone else but skydog and the lack of a response from ryan. and honeslty its not mad that i am, its more of irritation that people automatically jump to conclusions. i also am not asking anyone to agree with me w/o reading/hearing skydogs side. that is only fair. there is usually 3 sides to every story, mine, his, and the truth right? this is my side.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #63
Blade6119
Coordinator

Re: Re: Re: Re: skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell

Quote:
Theres either a seriously huge 'good ol boy network' or theres a seriously small 'I agree with everything that goes against the majority network' because the same 5 people agreeing with this guy is the same people who agreed Hornsmaniac was treated unfairly in the first place.

I don't agree or disagree with this guy, because what he has posted thus far hasn't made a lick of sense. I don't know if its cause how it was posted or just something he left out but so far all he was done is justify his ban.

But if he wanted to just get it off his chest or whatever, that's cool but he buried himself by attacking Ryan.S and Skydog instead of just stating facts an letting everyone decide on their own.

I think itsmade tons of sense, and everything this "small group" says makes sense continuosly...i have supported HM in threads, so you make call me one of the few, but i honestly see this point so clear...he goes after ryan and skydog because they are the ones that went after him...his old accounts he was very active at telling the facts to everyone, and the majority turned away blind to the facts due to your suppost of Sky...

I am and have been a big fan of what this board does...its not just an FOF board, the dynasties and hattrick forums are great, and i once thought GD was great...i started off a so called "dynasty boy," sticking to that forum and avoiding the general discussion in favor of tales of X-Com and many others...then i was slowly pulled in with interests to the GD when everyone got along like in the Dynasty forum(where everyone still gets along)...HM was not even a member yet, as were many of you not yet at this board...ive been here for 2+ years...only recently have i begun posting more frequently due to a problem i see...the "majority"(like 20 out of 2,500) is turning into the fanboys i was so gald our board didn't have...since then this board and GD hav become less and less fun, and i again find myself sticking to the dynasty forum and hattrick now much more than the GD....it used to be a place where we had honorable intellectual debates, and now we only argue...im sorry you are oblivious to the points made, but they are valid points...don't discredit it because of his lack of posts...shorty and i are two big posters on this board(with shorty having the # and me the experience...) Take time and actually read their posts...you might actually agree with a few...you don't have to agree, but you can respect them for what they are...i believe south park said it best:"Tolerance just means putting up with something....you dont have to like it..." Do me a favor and read the first post...then respond
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Old 05-01-2003, 11:06 PM   #64
ACStrider
High School JV

As for myself, I can say that I don't like to take a side unless both parties are present, so I can't make a judgment either way. What I can say is that someone who enters the forum with a newly created account, a chip on his shoulder, and a thread titled "skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell" has already lost creadibility in my book.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:06 PM   #65
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

you know that Roll Call Thread? This one's TROLL CALL. Seriously Brutus. +1 for honestly believing what you do, -10,000,000,000 for style and and coherency.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #66
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by ACStrider
As for myself, I can say that I don't like to take a side unless both parties are present, so I can't make a judgment either way. What I can say is that someone who enters the forum with a newly created account, a chip on his shoulder, and a thread titled "skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell" has already lost creadibility in my book.

not looking for credibility stider.
and i already apologized for the thread title and wish i could edit it, but cant.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:10 PM   #67
korme
Go Reds

Brutus can't take his title back now. He was pissed. I'd probably post something worse if it had happened to me.

Read the post and quit using these excuses that he is an idiot or a guy with poor english skills. If he wanted to, he could write with capital letters.. it isn't difficult, as he said.

This is annoying.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:12 PM   #68
Bishop
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
This is always the lamest post.. dude, this one thread or those string of threads does not reflect on the entire board. Horns liked the discussions, he didn't like being bashed..

Same with everyone else man, no one likes being trashed, but even if they are, they would still enjoy the other topics...

He wasn't just being trashed out of no where, there were things he would say or threads he would start... and he HAD to know he would get trashed... but he did it anyway, then cried foul afterwards.

If I start a thread about how bad this board sucks for example, I'm gonna get flamed not because those people are 'fanboys' , but because they like the board... and the arguement is IF you don't like it, then nobody is keeping you here.

and it has crap to do with one post, If every single post about this subject is that the board is ran awfully or unfairly, then the rest of the topics aren't gonna change that.

Its a lame post because they either deal with how the board is ran, they bitch and complain, or they leave... and the second one likely is gonna get that person banned or trashed after a while.

Noone can make everyone happy.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:15 PM   #69
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by SirFozzie
you know that Roll Call Thread? This one's TROLL CALL. Seriously Brutus. +1 for honestly believing what you do, -10,000,000,000 for style and and coherency.

boy i guess im in the hole pretty deep huh? how many posts to i need to rectify that? (note the sarcasm, do i need a smiley?)
Old 05-01-2003, 11:15 PM   #70
Anthony
Banned

Shorty - is Brutus your father or something. quit holding his dick. he can talk for himself.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:17 PM   #71
korme
Go Reds

good one

Last edited by korme : 05-01-2003 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:18 PM   #72
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Atlantic
Shorty - is Brutus your father or something. quit holding his dick. he can talk for himself.

So can skydog and ryan s.....
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:18 PM   #73
sabotai
General Manager

"and he HAD to know he would get trashed... but he did it anyway, then cried foul afterwards."

Sounds familiar.

(CALM DOWN, it was a joke, sheesh)

(preemptive strike. )
Old 05-01-2003, 11:21 PM   #74
TroyF
Coordinator

PJ,

One, the post was long. By the time I posted it, there were nearly 15 more posts I hadn't read when I started it.

I don't care about people antagonizing, nor does Skydog. I've seen people rip him to shreds and he hasn't banned them.

Brutas,

Still in school? Yes, when you make a public rant about your hatred for somebody, how you make your point has a lot to do with how much respect you get. Try going into a job interview with unwashed jeans, a baseball cap and a five o'clock shadow and see if you get the job. . . no matter how good your points are.

The title of the thread pretty much sealed your fate from my end. Trying to get through that incoherent garbage gave me even less reason to care about your cause.

If your 4 emails to Skydog and Ryan S. were anything like the rant above, I'm not surprised in the least they banned you. Skydog will NOT ban people for simply speaking out against him. He also doesn't take banning people lightly. He gave HM chances after many people in this forum called for his head. To play martyr and pretend otherwise is doing him a great disservice.

TroyF
Old 05-01-2003, 11:22 PM   #75
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
So can skydog and ryan s.....

Now that is a good one.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:31 PM   #76
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
PJ,

One, the post was long. By the time I posted it, there were nearly 15 more posts I hadn't read when I started it.

I don't care about people antagonizing, nor does Skydog. I've seen people rip him to shreds and he hasn't banned them.

Brutas,

Still in school? Yes, when you make a public rant about your hatred for somebody, how you make your point has a lot to do with how much respect you get. Try going into a job interview with unwashed jeans, a baseball cap and a five o'clock shadow and see if you get the job. . . no matter how good your points are.

The title of the thread pretty much sealed your fate from my end. Trying to get through that incoherent garbage gave me even less reason to care about your cause.

If your 4 emails to Skydog and Ryan S. were anything like the rant above, I'm not surprised in the least they banned you. Skydog will NOT ban people for simply speaking out against him. He also doesn't take banning people lightly. He gave HM chances after many people in this forum called for his head. To play martyr and pretend otherwise is doing him a great disservice.

TroyF

do you read what you post.
1) my essay structure has absolutely nothing to do with interviews or my job etc. etc. i have a good job, i can spell, and make complete sentences. this is a message board and i type freely and no, i dont take the time to write it in essay form because i dont have to.
2) the title sealed my fate. fine. it wasnt meant to make friends.
3) pay attention. i emailed ryan not skydog. ryan never responded and i imagine it is because he had nothing to prove and skydog was in control.
4) apparently skydog does take banning people lightly because he banned me from his assumption, which was wrong, and which he could and would not even try to prove. he assumed i was one of you.

Last edited by Brutus : 05-01-2003 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:32 PM   #77
robbgmaier
College Prospect

well, there's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back......

if only this were a televised debate.....
Old 05-01-2003, 11:38 PM   #78
John Galt
Pro Starter

I tried to read this thread and I still have no idea what is going on.

First off, Brutus, are you sure that Skydog thought you were Hornsmaniac? I seem to remember from the other thread that SD never said who you were, but that there was some reason to ban you. I'm just seeking information so I know what the hell is going on. I thought it was someone other than HM.

Second, try to take a consistent stand and just state what you mean. Throwing in stuff like saying you don't care if you banned just distracts from the issue because your post proves you obviously DO care.

Third, without knowing what happened in these PM's, isn't possible that Ryan just hasn't gotten back to you (it has only been a day)? And I would be interested to know what you said to SD before he said he didn't have to prove anything. I imagine if it was anything like the first post in this thread, you wouldn't receive a very positive response.

I have no sides on this issue, but somebody please tell me what is going on here.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:44 PM   #79
Swaggs
Coordinator

It is in times like these that we must go back to our favorite philospher and see what advice he has....and here it is:

"Why are you such an angry young man, when your future looks quite bright to me?"--Jason Tobias

Last edited by Swaggs : 05-01-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:47 PM   #80
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
I tried to read this thread and I still have no idea what is going on.

First off, Brutus, are you sure that Skydog thought you were Hornsmaniac? I seem to remember from the other thread that SD never said who you were, but that there was some reason to ban you. I'm just seeking information so I know what the hell is going on. I thought it was someone other than HM.

Second, try to take a consistent stand and just state what you mean. Throwing in stuff like saying you don't care if you banned just distracts from the issue because your post proves you obviously DO care.

Third, without knowing what happened in these PM's, isn't possible that Ryan just hasn't gotten back to you (it has only been a day)? And I would be interested to know what you said to SD before he said he didn't have to prove anything. I imagine if it was anything like the first post in this thread, you wouldn't receive a very positive response.

I have no sides on this issue, but somebody please tell me what is going on here.

never said skydog said i was horns. in fact he said he didnt think i was horns when i messaged him. he said he thought i was an fof veteran hiding with a new id and banned me for that reason. it was in the original thread "guess who horns is.." that i was thought to be horns right away because of my post count. also, skydog never explained to anyone what his reasons were am i mistaken?
ryan did get back to me for one message, so it wasnt a lack of time. he asked me "what is your id" and that was it.
what i said to skydog in the messages was for him to prove that i was someone, and take the time to research it before banning me. he said he didnt have to prove anything and didnt care and that his stance would not change. we went back and forth on this for awhile. i acted much differently to him than the thread of this post. i acted out of disgust with the thread of this post and have apologized for it, but cant take that back. skydog never gave me a chance to prove anything nor did he prove any of his perceptions and assumptions. anything else?
Old 05-01-2003, 11:52 PM   #81
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
do you read what you post.
1) my essay structure has absolutely nothing to do with interviews or my job etc. etc. i have a good job, i can spell, and make complete sentences. this is a message board and i type freely and no, i dont take the time to write it in essay form because i dont have to.
2) the title sealed my fate. fine. it wasnt meant to make friends.
3) pay attention. i emailed ryan not skydog. ryan never responded and i imagine it is because he had nothing to prove and skydog was in control.
4) apparently skydog does take banning people lightly because he banned me from his assumption, which was wrong, and which he could and would not even try to prove. he assumed i was one of you.

1) your essay structure DOES have everything to do with how much respect you get here. I don't care about spelling or wheather you catch every comma. I do care about how quickly it takes me to figure out what you are trying to say.

2) Your title "pretty much" sealed your fate. You'll note I still took the time to read through the paragraph of nonsense before I came to my conclusions.

3) I said Skydog and Ryan S. The two mods do speak to each other. If you wrote to Ryan S., I find it hard to believe Skydog never heard about the mail.

4) Those are facts I don't have yet. I have your side of the story. When I have Skydog's, I'll form my own opinion. Skydog's history has earned him that right. Your response and the way you went about making your case after being banned causes me to lean his way already. I don't care wheather you like that or not.

TroyF
Old 05-01-2003, 11:59 PM   #82
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
1) your essay structure DOES have everything to do with how much respect you get here. I don't care about spelling or wheather you catch every comma. I do care about how quickly it takes me to figure out what you are trying to say.

2) Your title "pretty much" sealed your fate. You'll note I still took the time to read through the paragraph of nonsense before I came to my conclusions.

3) I said Skydog and Ryan S. The two mods do speak to each other. If you wrote to Ryan S., I find it hard to believe Skydog never heard about the mail.

4) Those are facts I don't have yet. I have your side of the story. When I have Skydog's, I'll form my own opinion. Skydog's history has earned him that right. Your response and the way you went about making your case after being banned causes me to lean his way already. I don't care wheather you like that or not.

TroyF

well heres a nugget for you to play with troy.
essay structure has nothing to do with life except for a few things and one of those things is certainly NOT this forum.
if that is all you have, or rather one of your key pts. to bash me with then that is sad.
and my post is not nonsense. it is fact and it is what happened. skydog and ryan can fill your eyes with their side all they want, but if they are honest and men then what happened will come out in the end. i was acting properly toward them yesterday and today until i had enough of their sidestepping.
and i dont remember asking if you were leaning my way and if i liked it or not. stop assuming things. enough of that has already been done the last 2 days.

Last edited by Brutus : 05-02-2003 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:00 AM   #83
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey Troy, it's spelled "whether". If you can't learn to spell right, I just won't be reading your posts anymore.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:03 AM   #84
sabotai
General Manager

"essay structure has nothing to do with life except for a few things and one of those things is certainly NOT this forum."

If members of this forum decide to not take you seriously because you write like an 8 year old, then it certainly does have something to do with it.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:06 AM   #85
KWhit
Coordinator

i dont no why no body is listening to what i have to say when i am saying it very clear i am not a master of disguise i am just a guy posting here. i think that i am not gettin thru to u people for some reason but i just cant tell what youre problem is and i think you guys should all listen to me now BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO TELL U SOMETHING SO LISTEN NOW and i think u guys think i am still in school i am not in school so there. so why should he ban me i dont care if im banned but my id may be banned but i dont care so there and why doesnt anyone understand what i am sayin to them i am talking ENGLISH HERE FELLAS and ladies if there are any ladies here BUT I DOUBT THERE ARE LADIES HERE ANYWAY WHICH IS WHY I DONT CARE IF IM BANNED BUT SINCE IM BANNED IM VERY VERY UPSET so why dont you just tell me why i should be banned instead of talkin like im in school cause im not in school i already told you guys that so tell me somethin i dont no already why dont ya and if u dont like it go to hell all of u.

I have no idea why your complaints are falling on deaf ears, Brutus.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:09 AM   #86
sabotai
General Manager

Good one, KWhit. That's classic!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:13 AM   #87
Brillig
College Prospect

IBTL, IBTB, Kirby Puckett...
Old 05-02-2003, 12:14 AM   #88
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I'd just like to break in here and say:

Welcome to Front Office Football Central, Brutus! I'm sure you'll fit in nicely in our community.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:14 AM   #89
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Bad form, KWhit...you forget the ellipses (or is it ellipse or ellipsi?).

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:17 AM   #90
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by KWhit
i dont no why no body is listening to what i have to say when i am saying it very clear i am not a master of disguise i am just a guy posting here. i think that i am not gettin thru to u people for some reason but i just cant tell what youre problem is and i think you guys should all listen to me now BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO TELL U SOMETHING SO LISTEN NOW and i think u guys think i am still in school i am not in school so there. so why should he ban me i dont care if im banned but my id may be banned but i dont care so there and why doesnt anyone understand what i am sayin to them i am talking ENGLISH HERE FELLAS and ladies if there are any ladies here BUT I DOUBT THERE ARE LADIES HERE ANYWAY WHICH IS WHY I DONT CARE IF IM BANNED BUT SINCE IM BANNED IM VERY VERY UPSET so why dont you just tell me why i should be banned instead of talkin like im in school cause im not in school i already told you guys that so tell me somethin i dont no already why dont ya and if u dont like it go to hell all of u.

I have no idea why your complaints are falling on deaf ears, Brutus.

did you take all night to do that? has no comparison to anyway i type. you are out of line and proved yourself to be an idiot.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:19 AM   #91
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
[b]did you take all night to do that? has no comparison to anyway i type./B]

You're so right, Brutus. No ellipses and no odd sentence breaks. He doesn't write like you at all.

Chief Rum

Old 05-02-2003, 12:22 AM   #92
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
Bad form, KWhit...you forget the ellipses (or is it ellipse or ellipsi?).

Chief Rum

Well I was going for the "More Recent Brutus". If you noticed he dropped the ellipses after his first few posts. He is definitely refining his "style".
Old 05-02-2003, 12:23 AM   #93
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
You're so right, Brutus. No ellipses and no odd sentence breaks. He doesn't write like you at all.

Chief Rum

see, heres the new problem. i made my points that you all read and either agree/disagree with. now you have to resort to essay structure bashing, elipses, odd sentence breaks etc. etc. because you have nothing else to bash about. you have all probably at one time or another witnessed this same treatment before, and that is why some of you came out and agreed and understood what i said. those who didnt decided to bash my essay structure, or like the last guy, try and mimmick me.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:24 AM   #94
Blade6119
Coordinator

I post in a similar manner to Brutus....does that mean you don't respect me? I believe that i am a very intellectual person, and have only disagreed with you on this one point(be it HM, Brutus, or whoever the FOTM...flame of the moment...at least i thought it was clever )...Does my posting stlye have anything to do with your respect for me as a poster?

If it does than im sorry but that is simply pathetic. Im not some hot chick who you judge immediately(i do that all the time). I believe that posters on this board deserve to be heard out. Do you all not also agree?
Demotivation

Last edited by Blade6119 : 05-02-2003 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:25 AM   #95
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by KWhit
Well I was going for the "More Recent Brutus". If you noticed he dropped the ellipses after his first few posts. He is definitely refining his "style".

you werent going for the more recent anything KWhit. you are just trying to be funny and make message board pals. as for refining my "style"...sure why not......................have to make things easier for the lacking to understand i guess.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:27 AM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, as they say, mockery is the highest form of flattery. I guess I'll be struggling to sleep tonight cuz I didn't get the Brutus Seal of Approval to disagree with you.

BTW, I did manage to struggle through that slop you call a first post. It took me a while, but I did it. I really have nothing else to offer except humor at this point, as what I have to say has already been well-stated by others (most accurately by TroyF). I guess I await on word from SkyDog to hear all sides of this, than I can determine what my opinion is.

Until then, I guess you'll just have to learn to deal with my baited humor.

Chief Rum

Old 05-02-2003, 12:27 AM   #97
TroyF
Coordinator

Chief,

Never claimed I was the best speller in the world.

If you choose not to take my posts seriously, you have that right.

Brutus,

If you don't care what I (or others on this forum) think, why bother writing a post at all?

As for essay structure and life. . . read Sab's post.

KWhit,

Sadly, that post is a bit long for a quote of the moment nomination. If we had essay of the moment, you'd be a shoe in for essay of the year. Thanks for the laugh.

TroyF
Old 05-02-2003, 12:29 AM   #98
Bishop
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade6119
I post in a similar manner to Brutus....does that mean you don't respect me? I believe that i a a very intellectual person, and have only disagreed with you on this one point(be it HM, Brutus, or whoever the FOTM...flame of the moment...at least i thought it was clever )...Does my posting stlye have anything to do with your respect for me as a poster?

If it does than im sorry but that is simply pathetic. Im not some hot chick who you judge immediately(i do that all the time). I believe that posters on this board deserve to be heard out. Do you all not also agree?

Why is respect always an issue on message boards, and it's always directly related to how many post and how long a person has been around?

anyways, no I don't respect you, but not because anything you do or don't do.

It has shit to do with respect, just his post was a pain in the arse to read... having to try to read it several times myself because it was mostly just rambling.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:30 AM   #99
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
you werent going for the more recent anything KWhit. you are just trying to be funny and make message board pals. as for refining my "style"...sure why not......................have to make things easier for the lacking to understand i guess.

Ouch....score one for the offense . I still think the best ay to shut them up is what i said in response to Hell Atlantics dick comment earlier to Shorty...If you would all like me to repeat it i would be more than obliged .

Round two...DING!!
I always love arguing with you guys...we should do this more often
Demotivation
Old 05-02-2003, 12:30 AM   #100
KWhit
Coordinator

Dude, just having a little fun at your expense. It was too easy. I had to do it.

The point many of us are making is that if you really have a valid point to make, you will get it across much better if people can actually read and understand it. When most people see a huge blob of text with no capital letters in it, (not to mention a thread title telling someone to "rot in hell") they tend to ignore whatever you are trying to say.
Closed Thread