Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2003, 09:11 AM   #51
Karim
College Starter

No offense to MV or SI, but it would really suck if EP4 was the last of the free enhancements. Many did not play until EP3 waiting for the bug-fixes and some will be waiting for EP4. As much as I love this game, I'd have to really question if I'd dish out more money for a new version of a game that I really hadn't had much chance to play because of waiting for enhancement packs.

Although I don't agree with every point, Kosta pretty much nailed all the major remaining issues I have been reading at SI.

Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #52
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
No offense to MV or SI, but it would really suck if EP4 was the last of the free enhancements.

No offence taken, but as I indicated the number of future EP's will be at least partially dependant upon feedback from people.

We haven't indicated a release date (even roughly) for EP#4 or what it will contain so its impossible to predict currently if it more will be required.

As I've repeated before though I will continue to support the game until I feel I am 100% happy with the state of it.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 01:24 PM   #53
RoastDuck
Mascot

John Motson:

"And Sunderland are making a double-substitution to protect their 2-goal lead.

But what's this? Whilst we were all watching Kevin Phillips and Marcus Stewart leave the field both goals have been rubbed out! Amazing! And now relegation is staring the Mackems in the face quicker than you can say 'worst episode ever'."
RoastDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 01:43 PM   #54
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Vaughan

As I've repeated before though I will continue to support the game until I feel I am 100% happy with the state of it.

And that's what keeps me coming back. Thanks Marc.

moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 01:48 PM   #55
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by RoastDuck
John Motson:

But what's this? Whilst we were all watching Kevin Phillips and Marcus Stewart leave the field both goals have been rubbed out! Amazing! And now relegation is staring the Mackems in the face quicker than you can say 'worst episode ever'."

klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 03:05 PM   #56
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by RoastDuck
John Motson:

Sunderland? Two goals up? I think the goals getting erased is the more realistic part of that.

Seriously, although I haven't suffered from the bug myself, I can see how it would be really annoying to have happen in the middle of a big game. Especially if you've almost achieved the impossible and kept Sunderland up.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #57
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quick aside - if anyone has experience the injury problem in EP#3 please let me know via. email to [email protected] ....
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 04:27 PM   #58
CAsterling
High School JV

Some feedback for Marc.
This is with EP3 applied - No injury bug problems, but have noticed these minor problems.

Occasionally the game sticks on the 2D screen whilst time is passing, with no highlights playing.
Occasionally the game sticks on the overview screen when there are 2D highlights playing (the 2D tab is highlighted, but it doesn't automatically switch).
The hand cursor still selects the item under the middle of the hand, rather than the item under the upraised finger.
When the view changes between the 2d and overview screen, the goalscorer and/or time he scored frequently disappear from the overview screen (score doesn't change).

All minor cosmetic irritants, but as my id doesn't work on the sigames board, just wanted to ensure you are aware of them.

Apart from these, no real problems since applying EP3.
P.S just signed you and Miles Jacobson for Swindon Town - the Collyer brothers had the cheek to turn me down
Old 05-16-2003, 04:33 PM   #59
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I just got CM4 today and have messed around a bit with it. Interfece is new and jury is still out on it. Anyone else notice Tim Howard being one of the best goalkeepers in the world?
Old 05-16-2003, 04:56 PM   #60
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I think the interface is somewhat harder to read, but I'm learning...just have to find a team I'm comfortable coaching.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 05:00 PM   #61
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

True, that is probably what I will do too Qwik.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:02 PM   #62
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
I think the interface is somewhat harder to read, but I'm learning...just have to find a team I'm comfortable coaching.

Leeds! They're cash strapped, but have some talent. Kewell, Viduka, Smith, Mills, Radebe, and Robinson have been great for me so far...
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 05:10 PM   #63
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by rexallllsc
Leeds! They're cash strapped, but have some talent. Kewell, Viduka, Smith, Mills, Radebe, and Robinson have been great for me so far...

Well, I'm a trader...I know that right now that is almost impossible to do, I like to flush out the old and bring in the new...I'm playing West Ham, I kept Joe Cole, but I'm having a hard time getting rid of other players...which sucks.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:11 PM   #64
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

When the hell did Kim Kallstrom become a defensive mid...he was a great attacking mid.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-16-2003, 05:33 PM   #65
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

Marc, please bring back the ability to go from the news to your assign scout screen when they are done. It was nice when you could mouse over and click and it took you right to his list and you could reassign him in two clicks now it's pretty teadious.
superbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 05:45 PM   #66
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
Well, I'm a trader...I know that right now that is almost impossible to do, I like to flush out the old and bring in the new...I'm playing West Ham, I kept Joe Cole, but I'm having a hard time getting rid of other players...which sucks.

Hammers aren't having any problems getting rid of their players in real life
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 05:54 PM   #67
RoastDuck
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by Katon
Sunderland? Two goals up? I think the goals getting erased is the more realistic part of that.

sad but true
RoastDuck is offline   Reply With Quote