Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #51
AlexB
Pro Starter

It is frightening how good an idea this was, and yet how bad the acting and writing are.

It's testament to how strong the idea is that despite the cringeworthy dialogue and delivery, the show is still one I want to watch!

AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #52
AlexB
Pro Starter

OK - they got rid of a lot of the sentimental BS and the last episode was a lot better - in fact it was quality. A bit random, but I really liked it, and it has reinvigorated my view of the series.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #53
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah I thought the last episode (assuming we are on the same schedule as the UK and we're talking about the same episode) was pretty solid, right up until the last scene. We'll see what they do with it but it just seemed like a cheap plot twist to me and a "don't stop watching, look what we did for next weeks episode"
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #54
AlexB
Pro Starter

Yep - same episode: we get our showing Mondays so we're a few days back, but within the same week. That was the 'a bit random' comment!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #55
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I liked it; it establishes for everyone that the future is malleable, though realistically speaking (ha!) I imagine that others would have done similar things soon after the flashforward and everyone would know that destiny is not written in stone.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #56
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This show has gone from a must watch for me, to a DVR and watch when I get home to now being a DVR and oh yeah I haven't watched that show yet.

It had so much promise, but it just is not keeping me. I'm still watching it though, hoping for it to pick up.
Now that I'm working Thursdays I was forced to choose between recording this and Community (housemates have Bones or House or something recording then), and went with the latter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Agreed - this show has probably the worst acting of any show on the networks right now.
Worse than Heroes? Looks like I made the right choice!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I finally got around to watching last night's episode this morning and it actually was my favorite in a while for me. The way they started the episode felt kind of like some of the old Lost episodes that I really enjoyed, and it held my attention far better than the past few weeks.

If we have more episodes like this week's, I'll likely get back into this show a ton more. If we don't, then I can myself fully losing interest by the end of the season.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #58
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Agreed - this show has probably the worst acting of any show on the networks right now.

Don't forget Heroes is still on

But I agree with most of what was said, I watch it, enjoy it somehow, but mainly for the plot, writing is poor, acting too, and many stupid stuff (I mean more than the usual cause yeah sure, they're going to release a nazi criminal who is in jail in germany because the fbi requests it...)
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #59
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Just watched the comeback episode, the acting still sucks.

Bad acting really makes bad shows (except for Burn Notice that I find quite entertaining).
Old 03-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #60
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu View Post
Just watched the comeback episode, the acting still sucks.

Bad acting really makes bad shows (except for Burn Notice that I find quite entertaining).

I'm sticking with it too, just because the premise is really interesting, and they haven't bored me senseless yet. It feels really hard work at times though...
Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #61
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the acting is poor, the main characters are unlikeable and the depiction of the inner workings of the FBI is about as unrealistic as I can imagine.

not really sure why I'm sticking with it, but I am
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #62
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Pretty much everything about this show sucks except for the story. I'm still watching but as you guys mentioned, it's almost a chore.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #63
Easy Mac

I'm still watching, but I'll pretty much watch anything.

Question:
at the end of the 2-parter last week, Simon killed his "uncle". He said he was making it look like a heart attack or something... whatever. However, there was still the dead body in the back of the SUV. and the FBI girl was still at his house. Yet, this week they were both back in FBI-ville like nothing happened. Did I miss a scene, or did people just not notice that Simon's professor friend was dead in the trunk?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #64
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

I don't think you missed anything, this is just extremely bad writing...

Currently watching this week's episode but so far it took me 4 hours to watch half of it...I keep on stopping it to do something more interesting.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #65
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

oh yeah and like you good thing I watch pretty much anything...

Good thing I play FM while watching too.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #66
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I'm still watching, but I'll pretty much watch anything.

Question:
at the end of the 2-parter last week, Simon killed his "uncle". He said he was making it look like a heart attack or something... whatever. However, there was still the dead body in the back of the SUV. and the FBI girl was still at his house. Yet, this week they were both back in FBI-ville like nothing happened. Did I miss a scene, or did people just not notice that Simon's professor friend was dead in the trunk?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #67
Radii
Head Coach

Finally caught up on this today, my favorite part about the show these days is how there are like 4 "OMG WHAT A TWIST!!!" reveals every single episode. The whole thing is just ridiculous, but I'm still watching!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #68
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

wondering what weed the writers smoke to come up with such incoherencies, me wants some, looks good.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #69
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
wondering what weed the writers smoke to come up with such incoherencies, me wants some, looks good.

Completely agree. So much crazy shit in this show it's making my head hurt. It's like they think of something and then they say, "let's see home much we can fuck with the audience!".

But I must watch it and see what happens!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #70
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Wait, are you saying a show with Bruce Campbell on it has "bad acting?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #71
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
wondering what weed the writers smoke to come up with such incoherencies

I get the impression that inside the heads of these writers it must be like an anthill - without the cooperation.

It's just such a great idea for a drama but the implementation is awful. I'm almost ashamed that I'm still watching but there's something "too bad to miss" about it. I think I begin watching each episode in the hope that something will occur which will make sense of the whole mess. I can't stand myself sometimes

Last edited by Mac Howard : 04-23-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:23 AM   #72
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

must admit my favorite scene so far was in episode 16, the father of the soldier girl and the fbi boss meet for the first time, a couple hours later he receive weapons and is working on an undercover mission in afganistan for the fbi...

great stuff
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #73
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
must admit my favorite scene so far was in episode 16, the father of the soldier girl and the fbi boss meet for the first time, a couple hours later he receive weapons and is working on an undercover mission in afganistan for the fbi...

great stuff

My favorite scene was Dmitri and the lesbian not-babe in Africa

Dimitri: "Well I'm gonna die on 3/15, you are supposed get to pregnant from in vitro this week end, we're being held by Somali lunatics. I don't think my fiance will mind, so you want to do it on the dirt floor? There is a rug.

Lesbian. "Okay."
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #74
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

"you're gonna turn right on an unmarked dirt road" and he turns on his left (our right)

for those who don't watch, trust me guys, this show is pure gold.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:27 AM   #75
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Well, the ride had to end sometime. FlashForward was cancelled.

ABC Cancels ‘Flash Forward’ and Renews ‘V’ | Real TV Addict
Old 05-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #76
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Well, the ride had to end sometime. FlashForward was cancelled.

ABC Cancels ‘Flash Forward’ and Renews ‘V’ | Real TV Addict

and it deserved it.

very mad at Flash Forward. I'm a few episodes behind, and discovered that a few episodes didn't record due to conflicts. I'd love to just cut bait now, but feel I should at least finish the ride. So now I have to go and download the missing ones - not that it's a ton of work, but still, any extra work to watch a show that's become a chore to watch is annoying. as an added bonus, when looking for the download, I stumbled on a spoiler. yay for me.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 View Post
I wonder now if there will be a closure ending for Flash Forward or it will be a waste of time watching this whole season.

I haven't watched this week's episode yet and kind of am thinking I might just stop here either way. Isn't there only like 2 episodes left anyways and I assume they were already shot and put in prior to the cancellation decision.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #78
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shouldn't the characters in this show have been able to see the demise of it?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #79
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Maybe they didn't heed Gaius Baltar's warnings?

I did really enjoy the one where Harold was kidnapped and Shakespeare had to save him. It was prepostertastic.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #80
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 View Post
I wonder now if there will be a closure ending for Flash Forward or it will be a waste of time watching this whole season.

will be?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #81
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

It had a 1.2/4 in the demo leading into Grey's, which is huge with the demo. Less than five million are now watching. Nothing to hang a renewal on.

The strategy of a three-month hiatus in the middle of a season didn't work. Maybe with a more established show.

I'm a sucker for these sci-fi shows, so I'll watch just about anything. I still miss Journeyman, which I thought became pretty good after a weak start.

But this one, while it had a good premise, became very bad. I'll finish the season, but I'm not surprised or unhappy it was canceled.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #82
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I'll finish the season, but I'm not surprised or unhappy it was canceled.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I kind of appreciate them canceling it, as I have been unable to stop watching despite recognizing that its crap every week.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #83
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Still have the last 2 episodes to watch.

This show was my guilty pleasure, it sucked but i liked watching it because of it's flaws.

Yet it got the cancellation it deserved.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #84
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
It had a 1.2/4 in the demo leading into Grey's, which is huge with the demo. Less than five million are now watching. Nothing to hang a renewal on.

The strategy of a three-month hiatus in the middle of a season didn't work. Maybe with a more established show.

I'm a sucker for these sci-fi shows, so I'll watch just about anything. I still miss Journeyman, which I thought became pretty good after a weak start.

But this one, while it had a good premise, became very bad. I'll finish the season, but I'm not surprised or unhappy it was canceled.

yes, Journeyman is a show that I really wish wasn't canceled.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #85
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Not entirely surprised. Like Jim said, not sure why they thought a 3-month layoff was a good idea. Just couldn't keep my interest.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #86
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Totally deserved to be canceled and I'm really disappointed. Love sci-fi stuff and thought this would really be a great show. They screwed up so much stuff though that I just kind of watched it to see what would happen, not because I enjoyed it.

The 3-month hiatus was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. I almost forgot about the show when I saw it one day on my DVR. I had forgotten the details of most of the storylines too.

Does anyone know if it will be given a proper finale? Or will it just end with a cliffhanger?
Old 05-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #87
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

The three months ruined it for me. I haven't watched it since. The show wasn't good enough for me to take that long off and still remained interested. Had that break not been in there I would have kept watching it. I saw on my DVR when it came back but I just fucking deleted. I didn't give a shit by that time.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #88
Mantle2600
High School Varsity

Three episodes in and I couldn't take anymore

Browns. Cavs. Tribe. Buckeyes. Period.
Mantle2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 AM   #89
Radii
Head Coach

Well, I made it to the end. Its hard to fault them for the finale itself since they just recently got canceled and apparently had to turn a season finale into a series finale I guess.

Is this show really worth spoiler tags? Oh well just in case.

Spoiler

Last edited by Radii : 05-28-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #90
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

The resolution of everyone's FlashForward was fun and inventive a few times. Perhaps if they had come up with this level of inspiration earlier, they would still have an ongoing series.

All in all, an okay ending.

I did recently finish the FlashForward book by Robert J. Sawyer, on which the TV show is very loosely based. Other than having a scientist named Lloyd Simcoe, there is not much that is the same or even similar. I won't give away any more, but I do consider the ending/resolution of the novel FlashForward to be wonderful. If LOST had come up with an ending as clever and profound as Sawyer did (notice the name similarity, but do not get excited) the position of LOST as an all-time great series would not be questioned.

So read the book. It will give you much to ponder about the nature of the universe.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW

Last edited by OldGiants : 05-28-2010 at 10:44 AM.
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #91
Easy Mac

Crap, people are stupid

Is 'FlashForward' Heading to Starz?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #92
AlexB
Pro Starter

From the article -

Code:
To prove their dedication to the series, 'FlashForward' fans have staged blackouts in front of ABC offices.

Last edited by AlexB : 07-23-2010 at 03:33 PM.