Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #51
Crim
College Benchwarmer

I like it just fine. I mean, I know it's fun to shit on anything the Lions do, but I don't see the harm in this. To me, it's an update to the old logo, without totally throwing out the old one.

In terms of revamping a logo, it's much less egregious than what the Broncos did in... 97?

Not as good as what the Buccaneers did, though.

I'd rate it as equivalent to the Cardinals' alledged logo change. A slightly more menacing update, but subtle enough that non-fans prolly wouldn't care, or even barely notice.

RIP

Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #52
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I like the new design. I think the lion is vastly improved. It actually looks like a lion rather than an animal cracker.

I also like that they just tweaked it as opposed to a complete overhaul. I like traditional uniforms. I am generally not a fan of totally changing logos and color schemes. For example, I still very much prefer the old Buccaneer and Bronco uniforms to the new ones.

Doh! The thread is a week old, and I still manage to cross post (4 minutes late!) with H_B who's essentially posting the same shit I was! You bastard!

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #53
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
I like it just fine. I mean, I know it's fun to shit on anything the Lions do, but I don't see the harm in this.

Was this alteration worthy of their fashion show?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #54
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Doh! The thread is a week old, and I still manage to cross post (4 minutes late!) with H_B who's essentially posting the same shit I was! You bastard!

There are two kinds of people in this world, Crim... The quick and the dead.

Boom - Roasted.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #55
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Was this alteration worthy of their fashion show?

At the local Dunham's? Sure.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #56
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't see much of a change, actually.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #57
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Question for any Lions fans. I'm a Steeler fan and want to see them this year as they play the NFC North. Bears tickets via the secondary market are brutally expensive but Lions tickets are very affordable. Anywhere I should look to sit or should avoid? Thanks in advance.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #58
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Question for any Lions fans. I'm a Steeler fan and want to see them this year as they play the NFC North. Bears tickets via the secondary market are brutally expensive but Lions tickets are very affordable. Anywhere I should look to sit or should avoid? Thanks in advance.

Not a bad seat in the place in my opinion. I've been to several games and sat all over and never once didn't enjoy it. Awesome field.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #59
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Lions fan seating? Head coach's bench? Owner's box?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #60
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:

How's your arm? Wanna play QB? How about if we throw 47 Mil. guaranteed?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #61
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I was thinking of picking up tickets for that game too. Although i'm sure the 2nd hand market for the Steelers will be a lot higher than anything else. It's only about 4 hours from pittsburgh, probably worth the road trip to a lot of people. Assuming the Supreme Comrade can keep gas at a reasonable level.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #62
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I need to get there sometime. Looks claustrophobic on TV... Nothing opening the roof couldn't cure. Oh, right... they built the only non-retractable roof dome in the past decade.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote