Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Not a real update, but I was in Jersey this weekend and went down 33...there are now two Cree-Mee Freezes within a few miles of each other, which was a little weird.

are you sure one wasn't Jersey Freeze at the 33 and 9 intersection?

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm not a skinny guy, but sangwiches with jalepeno poppers, cheese sticks.....stuff like that, seem to be a bit too much for one to consume.

How much that shit cost anyways? $10?

seriously
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #53
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
are you sure one wasn't Jersey Freeze at the 33 and 9 intersection?

Don't insult me . I grew up on Jersey Freeze. Their food is ridiculously underrated (come to think of it, the combo of that with the ice cream would've been great for albion).

The new one is at the intersection of 33 and Tenant Rd, while the original one is a few miles west.

Last edited by Logan : 08-19-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #54
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Don't insult me . I grew up on Jersey Freeze. Their food is ridiculously underrated (come to think of it, the combo of that with the ice cream would've been great for albion).

The new one is at the intersection of 33 and Tenant Rd, while the original one is a few miles west.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #55
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Update:

Southern New Jersey, from the Turnpike, does not look the way one pictures New Jersey. I knew all about the Swamp Devil, but seeing actual swamp still surprised me on some fundamental level.

On the way up, we decided to do the diner thing and ate at the Hightstown diner in (go figure) Hightstown. It was right off the Turnpike, which was nice. And the corned beef hash was really really good. Mrs. A got a Gyro and said that it was fine, but nothing special. The people were friendly and very local.

On the way back, Federcis (sp?) was the plan, but the baby was asleep when we passed the exit and, having driven up with him in not the best of moods, we called an audible and decided to keep on driving rather than wake him up. (Vacations with a kid, I have learned, are both better and worse than vacations without a kid, but certainly not the same).

In terms of pizza, actually, this trip was cursed. In addition to missing Federecis on the way out, I also missed Totonno's because it was closed for renovations--after we drove out to Coney Island just to eat there (at least we got to try Nathan's Famous as a consolation prize).

Thanks a ton for the heads-ups. This will not be our last trip to NYC, and next time we will hit federcis on the way up to make sure we catch it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #56
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola--funny moment for the NJ haters. On the way back, it was raining really hard (another reason we decided not to stop). I joked with Mrs. A that as soon as we left New Jersey, the weather would improve. And, of course, as soon as we crossed into Deleware, the clouds began to part.

No disrespect, of course :-)
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #57
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know that diner well, has a pepper shaker for a sigh IIRC