Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
wooo! Any of those times will work for me, how about 5 central on Friday?

That will be fine as long as I don't hit bad traffic on the way home from work. At worst, I should be home and ready to play by 5:30 (it's never taken me more than an hour to get home.)

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #52
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
That will be fine as long as I don't hit bad traffic on the way home from work. At worst, I should be home and ready to play by 5:30 (it's never taken me more than an hour to get home.)

We might have a bit of a problem... I cant get an online game working . I need port 16962 open, which on do on my wireless router, but im also behind the switch in my apartment complex and it appears that port is blocked. Ill try and get them to open it for me, but im not holding my breath . Ill update soon.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #53
RendeR
Coordinator

Anyone around want to make a new team in the public league and play? I need all the practice I can get!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #54
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Anyone around want to make a new team in the public league and play? I need all the practice I can get!

I wish I could smack talk and say "It still won't do you any good"
Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #55
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I wish I could smack talk and say "It still won't do you any good"

Oh you CAN, it will just make you look THAT much more foolish when we stomp your woodie ars =)
Old 06-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #56
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Oh you CAN, it will just make you look THAT much more foolish when we stomp your woodie ars =)

You can't stomp what you can't catch!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #57
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
You can't stomp what you can't catch!

At least 1 player per turn of yours will get injured. You can't stop a BLITZ my friend =)

By the time we reach the second half it will be easy enough to score 11 on 3 =)
Old 06-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #58
RendeR
Coordinator

MUAHahahahahahaha!

*Please note the asshattery that is posted by this person in no way will change the horrific losses and ridiculous scoring his opponents may enjoy.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #59
KWhit
Coordinator

Axxon and I are on!

My Bucktooth Brigands vs his HiHoes.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #60
Tasan
College Starter

Good grief I suck at this game so far, but I still want in on a league. How long til this one finishes?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #61
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

about 7 weeks, but again, we can do another league if we have enough interest
Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #62
KWhit
Coordinator

Wow. I almost screwed up there. I had a sure TD on turn 6, but it looked like he couldn't get close to my guy and I didn't want to give him time to try to score at the end of the half, so I milked it and just ran one square away from the TD. Well, I miscalculated and he was able to get a single man one square away from me, putting my Thrower in his tackle zone. I was able to block him with a lineman and knock him down on the next turn and still waltz into the end zone, but it was a lot closer than I had calculated.

Whew.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #63
Axxon
Pro Starter

Yeah, I was hoping but you got the block.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #64
Axxon
Pro Starter

Unreal you rolling the extra reroll giving you 5 to my 2. That was a nice cushion there.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #65
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, but you've got an apothecary. And he came in handy tonight, didn't he?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #66
Axxon
Pro Starter

Yeppers because he was dead. I don't get why we don't get a reroll on the fail if there is an injury. I honestly thought I would get one which is why I tried the move. Ah well, live and learn.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #67
KWhit
Coordinator

Good Game Axxon. You had some tough luck there at the end.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #68
Axxon
Pro Starter

You're not kidding man. I was getting horrible rolls and couldn't really get a solid point of attack. I need to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Great game. It was fun being the kickoff game of the season.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #69
Axxon
Pro Starter

The irony is my injured guy won MVP and he's the only guy on my team to get any experience in the match. Of course, he can't play next week.

3 guys injured and 2 stunned at the end. I picked dwarves because they're not supposed to be that brittle.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #70
KWhit
Coordinator

Yes it was.

The Kickoff Classic.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #71
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
The irony is my injured guy won MVP and he's the only guy on my team to get any experience in the match. Of course, he can't play next week.

3 guys injured and 2 stunned at the end. I picked dwarves because they're not supposed to be that brittle.

ORC SMASH!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #72
Axxon
Pro Starter

It was brutal in the second half. The first half was pretty close.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #73
aran
High School Varsity

Please post replays! They'll be instructive for everyone, I'm sure.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #74
RendeR
Coordinator

Looking forward to my first game. I've been playing single player trying to get a grip on things and I started out slow 1-6-3 but in the newest season to start I'm 2-0 after beating drwaves 2-0 and Rats 2-1 in the first two games.

Only problem with this is that I'm playing lizzards in that and HUmans in here =)

fun stuff!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #75
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post
Please post replays! They'll be instructive for everyone, I'm sure.

I'm not sure how to do that. I'll look and see if I can. I'd actually like to review the replay myself to spot some of my glaring mistakes. I was able to come away with a 2-0 win, but it could have gone the other way.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #76
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I'm not sure how to do that. I'll look and see if I can. I'd actually like to review the replay myself to spot some of my glaring mistakes. I was able to come away with a 2-0 win, but it could have gone the other way.

Look for the following directory on your machine

(your name)/Documents/Blood Bowl/Saves/Replays
Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We might have a bit of a problem... I cant get an online game working . I need port 16962 open, which on do on my wireless router, but im also behind the switch in my apartment complex and it appears that port is blocked. Ill try and get them to open it for me, but im not holding my breath . Ill update soon.

I completely spaced when I posted my times. I'm off this Friday in celebration of the 4th of July. Therefore, I'll definitely be available at 5 PM central on Friday. Wife has some plans for the morning, but I'll be available all afternoon and early evening on Friday.

I hope you get your technical issues worked out. Maybe someone on here will play before then so I can double check that I don't have any technical issues as well.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-01-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #78
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

After the first half, the Woodies lead 1-0.. he had a few bad rolls to start, and the elves scored quickly.. the humans looked to have a chance near the end of the half, but the wood elves managed to slow things up long enough to keep the lead.. they even had the crowd on their side (the crowd KO'd two Mordheim Mauler players)

However, in the 2nd half, the Maulers receive the kickoff.. and have seriously injured one of the elves.. can the Maulers tie things up?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #79
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oof: The Elves win 2-0, thanks to a screw-up-fest of a 2nd half, that saw a two more elves out for the next game.

The True MVP for the game: The Wood Elf Fans.

They basically hurt RendeR's team.. 2 KO's and a CAS from a Crowd push, and they also threw a rock which SI'd another Mauler player.

We'll see how the Leapers do next week, as they will need to hire players on Loan to compete with a full slot of 11 players.

BTW, Despite having more screwups then I can ever remember with WD in one game, one WD, who scored twice and threw a pass for a 7th SPP got a skill..

+ST.

Hoo boy. He's gonna be a wanted elf..
Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #80
RendeR
Coordinator

I played it pretty much as normal. didn't have anyone killed thankfully but I have 3 guys out for the next game. Both my catchers are among them =(

My Thrower on the other hand gained a level and a skill

Nerves of Steel: Player ignores opponent tackle zones when attempting a pass or hand off.

Should be quite handy since I'm almost always surrounded =)

GG Foz, we'll get you next time you poncy Elf.

*for the record...HOT players and HOTTER cheerleaders...damn fine team
Old 07-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #81
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I am buying the game on Friday and I will be home with 2 weeks off on Tues...I will definitely want in.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #82
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
I completely spaced when I posted my times. I'm off this Friday in celebration of the 4th of July. Therefore, I'll definitely be available at 5 PM central on Friday. Wife has some plans for the morning, but I'll be available all afternoon and early evening on Friday.

I hope you get your technical issues worked out. Maybe someone on here will play before then so I can double check that I don't have any technical issues as well.

Minor update on my end... so far getting the apt. complex *cough* "IT Guy" *cough* to understand my request to open the port on the switch is tougher that I thought it would be. Who knew Spicoli went into computers after Ridgemont High? Anyways, I went out and finally took a huge leap into the 21st century and bought a fancy new laptop. If anything, i'll go to a bar with wifi on friday and play ya with a nice cool pint of Ninkasi IPA in hand

Damn it looks so nice with all the graphics cranked!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:02 AM   #83
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Minor update on my end... so far getting the apt. complex *cough* "IT Guy" *cough* to understand my request to open the port on the switch is tougher that I thought it would be. Who knew Spicoli went into computers after Ridgemont High? Anyways, I went out and finally took a huge leap into the 21st century and bought a fancy new laptop. If anything, i'll go to a bar with wifi on friday and play ya with a nice cool pint of Ninkasi IPA in hand

Damn it looks so nice with all the graphics cranked!

That bar is probably gonna have the ports closed as well, if they're smart.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #84
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oof: The Elves win 2-0, thanks to a screw-up-fest of a 2nd half, that saw a two more elves out for the next game.

The True MVP for the game: The Wood Elf Fans.

They basically hurt RendeR's team.. 2 KO's and a CAS from a Crowd push, and they also threw a rock which SI'd another Mauler player.

We'll see how the Leapers do next week, as they will need to hire players on Loan to compete with a full slot of 11 players.

BTW, Despite having more screwups then I can ever remember with WD in one game, one WD, who scored twice and threw a pass for a 7th SPP got a skill..

+ST.

Hoo boy. He's gonna be a wanted elf..

That sounds like how my game went too as far as the score and second half knockout fest.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #85
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
That bar is probably gonna have the ports closed as well, if they're smart.

Yea, true. Luckily the bar I had in mind is owned by one of my closest friends, so hopefully he'll be around to open the port for me I really hate games that require certain ports to be open, I dont understand the need to set a specific port. With WoW, I can go anywhere and play without worrying about this nonsense.

I also decided to finally get off the apt. complex network and scheduled qwest to come out Tuesday and set me up with a spiffy dsl line. What I wont do for Blood Bowl!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #86
Calis
College Starter

Chaos Engine (Orc/Marc Vaughan) vs Gertbeef's Minions (Chaos/Calis) has kicked off!

One of my Beastmen got lucky with an early interception deep in the Orc zone and was able to scamper in on the next turn for a TD.

Now the Orc Machine is on the move.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #87
Calis
College Starter

Chaos team ends up winning the game 3-0. Orcs had some hideous rolls, especially one where he had my Beastman surrounded very deep in my zone, he blitzes with a BO and the Orc falls on his ass. I pull out a very fortunate double dodge, and catch another guy deep to make it 3-0 whereas it could have easily been 2-1 and a whole different game.

We both had a lot of trouble offensively. The receiving team never really had luck moving out of their zone. I got lucky with two turnovers deep that helped out a ton.

I stupidly got a Chaos Warrior killed though and that's really concerning. I won't be able to afford to replace him for a long time, and it pushes back a Minotaur even further.

Was a fun game. I had one Beastman level up and I played it safe and took Block with him. I thought about going for Extra Arm first to get a ball carrier, but I went with Block which seems to be a must have.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #88
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

A deserved win for Calis - felt totally outclassed and never really got started, has made me determined to practice more though
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #89
aran
High School Varsity

I'm also interested in a second league, or in the next iteration of this one.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #90
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I would be too. I can't create it (you're limited to one league creation), but if anyone creates one, I'd love the opportunity to jump in )
Old 07-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm on the league screen where it says play the match and that option is grayed out. Is that because Chinaski isn't on right now, or does anyone have any other ideas why it would be grayed out?
Old 07-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #92
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

because your opponent is not on.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thought so. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a connectivity issue on my side.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Chinaski and I had a very entertaining game. He made some really smart plays despite some bad luck including his sure handed thrower fumbling on the 1st play of the game. Things looked like they were going to go our way as we took a 2-1 lead in the 2nd half and had him down a man or two.

However, we made two stupid newbie mistakes. We caught him flat footed and I got overly aggressive trying to recover the "onside" kick. Then, I failed to cover the far alley and his speedy little rats had a beautiful touchdown run to tie it at 2. We were almost out of time by this point, but we bashed our way down the field. On our last turn, we had our linemen go for it twice to try to get in the endzone for a desperation pass. Unfortunately, on the 2nd step, he tripped and damaged his ribs. The game ended in a 2-2 tie. Lots of fun. Good game, Chinaski.

Oh yeah, we are all set to advance to week 2.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-03-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #95
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Chinaski and I had a very entertaining game. He made some really smart plays despite some bad luck including his sure handed thrower fumbling on the 1st play of the game. Things looked like they were going to go our way as we took a 2-1 lead in the 2nd half and had him down a man or two.

However, we made two stupid newbie mistakes. We caught him flat footed and I got overly aggressive trying to recover the "onside" kick. Then, I failed to cover the far alley and his speedy little rats had a beautiful touchdown run to tie it at 2. We were almost out of time by this point, but we bashed our way down the field. On our last turn, we had our linemen go for it twice to try to get in the endzone for a desperation pass. Unfortunately, on the 2nd step, he tripped and damaged his ribs. The game ended in a 2-2 tie. Lots of fun. Good game, Chinaski.

Oh yeah, we are all set to advance to week 2.

Great fun Eagle, I was lucky to come away with a tie. I tried to take a screenshot of the game summary screen, but it came out all black for me. Must be a Vista thing im not aware of. I had 5 or 6 casualties!

Replay attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Replay_2009-07-03_16-53-46.zip (29.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #96
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok. I'll boot up, and get week 2 started shortly. Hopefully this means we can get it done this weekend
Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #97
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Week 2 Matches Have Begun: Games are due Sunday 7/12 by Midnight (hopefully we can get it done earlier so we can advance over the weekend, but I gave the extra weekend just in case

Week 2 Matchups:

Eaglefan's Raiders (Orc/Eaglesfan27, 0-0-1, 1020 TR) vs Buck Tooth Brigands (Orc/Kwhit, 1-0-0, 1080 TR)

Feral Squirrels (Skaven/chinaski, 0-0-1, 960 TR) vs Mordheim Maulers (Human/Render, 0-1-0, 880 TR)

HiHoes (Dwarf/Axxon, 0-1-0, 1000 TR) vs Gertbeef's Minions (Chaos/Calis, 1-0-0, 930 TR)

Leaf Bay Leapers (Wood Elf/SirFozzie, 1-0-0, 850 TR) vs Chaos Engine (Orc/Marc Vaughan, 0-0-1, 1000 TR)

Current Inducement Money Bonuses (Assuming that the TR's stay the same (ie, no one buys players or anything)

Raiders vs Brigands (Raiders get 60K)
Squirrels vs Maulers (Maulers get 80K)
HiHoes vs Minions (Minions get 70K)
Leapers vs Engine (Leapers get 150K)
Old 07-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #98
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

KWhit,

I can play anytime before 3 PM central Saturday or almost anytime Sunday. I'd prefer to play this weekend, but I can find some evening availability during the week if needed.

Edit: Oh yeah, I can also play in the next hour or two if you want.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-03-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A very fun game against KWhit's Brigands in which we took a 1-0 lead on a nice dodge out of the pocket and throw by our thrower to set up the TD. We injured a few of his guys and he started the half down 2 men which allowed us to play a methodical defensive style and we held on for the 1-0 victory.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #100
astrosfan64
College Prospect

So everyone is enjoying it? I just found out it was released online today. I've been so out of touch with my current workload.

So, can I assume this is a must buy?
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote