Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #51
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
summon: sarcasm
Heh.

Montana and Young will kick all their assses!

edit - the 3 sss is to show my seriousnesss!

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #52
rkmsuf
Head Coach

on a separate note, what happened to that pjstp20 guy who was the big dolphin fan? he could be dangerous in the saban era.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #53
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I tipped the scales in Bradshaw's favor! I'd pick him over Marino because Bradshaw would fit in with the Patriots offense and philosophy a lot better than Marino. A much better plug and play choice.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #54
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

The reason I picked to use Bradshaw over say Montana is because Montana is generally given alot of credit for all of the Niners SB wins, where Bradshaw's contributions are often downplayed even though he won 4.

Needless to say, I voted for Bradshaw as I feel like some players have the right intangibles to be a winner - when it came time for him to come up big for the win, he did. It's been alot closer then I thought it would be though, I thought it had the potential to be a blow-out on either end.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:43 PM   #55
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I dunno... I'm 32 in August, and the first Super Bowl I remember watching was SB16. I was only five when Bradshaw won his last Super Bowl, and I have no memory of it. I think I'm pretty "average" age-wise around here.
From the last age checks I've looked at, I think you're on the low end of "average." Come to think about it, however, I did start watching sports at a young age, probably because of having brothers in their late teens, and a first cousin who lived down the street playing QB at Tech. For example, I remember when Aaron hit #715, and I was only five at the time.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #56
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
From the last age checks I've looked at, I think you're on the low end of "average." Come to think about it, however, I did start watching sports at a young age, probably because of having brothers in their late teens, and a first cousin who lived down the street playing QB at Tech. For example, I remember when Aaron hit #715, and I was only five at the time.

You must have an outstanding memory. I can't even remember who the Pats QB before Brady was.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #57
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
You must have an outstanding memory. I can't even remember who the Pats QB before Brady was.

There was a Patriots QB before Brady? Blasphemy.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #58
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Yeah...I think you just have a good memory. I was born in '74 and although I know that I watched and attended numerous sporting events, the earliest one that I can really remember wasn't until the '82 Gator Bowl (WVU/FSU). And that's probably only because we were in the stands and the weather conditions were monsoon-like.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #59
RendeR
Coordinator

I'll be 38 this year, I grew up 3 hours from Pittsburgh during the 70's, I watched Bradshaw play. I'll take marino, thank you.

Terry was a great handoff man, and looked flawless when the running game dominated....and that happened all the time for those teams.

Bradshaw was NOT a come back QB, he was not a major pressure QB, when severely pressed to pull one out of his ass, all he generally got was a handfull of shyte. In his defense, the DEFENSE in Pitt all those years controlled the football games. he never really had to win on his own.

Marino? as has been said, no running game. Good defenses? sometimes, not every time and certainly not dominating styles either. if you look at what Dan did, you'll see game by game that those good defenses were more a result of him running up the score early and the defense playing 11 DB's for a half.

Bradshaw was good, he was enthusiastic and he was a leader, but seriously, I saw the man play every week. Give me a marino, Fouts or even Bartkowski when the chips are down and you need a quarterback to win you a game late.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote