Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2005, 11:14 AM   #51
Passacaglia
Coordinator

This thread made lurker and i feel like getting some Chipotle yesterday. Good stuff. My typical order is steak burrito, no beans, yes rice, half red-tomatillo sauce, half mild-fresh-tomato sauce, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce. Shorty, that's a good idea about asking them to mix it up, since I hate how each bite gives me different stuff. Although, when we went yesterday, there was no chance of that! We usually go there around 6 or 7 in the Loop, and it's practically barren then, but this time we went at noon, and the place was insane! I don't think they would have really taken the time to mix it all up then.

Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #52
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I had some Del Taco chili cheese fries at 5:30 this morning, that was pretty good eats.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #53
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
Midway is located off of California between Belmont and Addison. If I had a car food wouldn't be much of an issue as there is a lot of stuff along both Addison and Belmont, but those spots are a loooong walk from where I am. Hot Doug's is right across the street, but beyond that it's at least 5 blocks to the next few places and much further to a bigger selection.

If you work at Midway you need go no further than Hot Dougs. If I worked across the street from there I think I'd eat it every day... That area is kind of crappy though. I usually take the bus west on Belmont (77 i think) to get to Hot Dougs and there isn't much there. Too bad... east on belmont near the el there are a TON of really good places to eat and Wrigleyville is, of course, full of them as well.

Still... I can't believe someone who works right across the street from Hot Dougs would complain about lack of good food... I don't know how many times my friends and I have joked about getting jobs at Midway just so we could eat lunch there every day.

Last edited by Daimyo : 09-02-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:57 PM   #54
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo
Still... I can't believe someone who works right across the street from Hot Dougs would complain about lack of good food... I don't know how many times my friends and I have joked about getting jobs at Midway just so we could eat lunch there every day.

Don't get me wrong, Hot Dougs rocks. Maybe it's just because I'm almost 36, but I just can't justify eating hot dogs every day, no matter how good they are (and Hot Doug's are good). I started off eating there 3 times a week, but it's just too much grease for this aging body to handle more than once or twice a week (especially considering how often we get bad for you food brought in for dinner). I end up walking down to Belmont to the Mexican food place for a burrito or up to Addison and over the river to the Subway, or if I have the time in the morning picking up a meal at the Whole Foods market and bringing it in with me for lunch.

Comparing my current situation with my soon-to-be permanent situation in Seattle at Surreal, it's no-contest. I'll be in the heart of Fremont with 20+ good choices within easy walking distance - burritos, thai, teriyaki, subs, deli sandwiches, sushi, greek food, etc.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #55
Zē+
High School JV

Chipotle is finally in Pittsburgh!!

They had a promotional day today where they gave away a free burrito and a drink to everyone, the line was stretched out the door and took about 30 minutes to get your food, but they definitely won me over. Ever since Baja Fresh left the Pittsburgh market 2 years ago, I've been in a severe fast food mexican rut, since Moe's and Qdoba just don't cut it for me. But one Chipotle steak fajita burrito with pico, cheese, sour cream, and guac, and I shall be returning with all due speed.

A great day indeed.

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Zē+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #56
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Congrats man. I don't know how people could choose to move from a place that has Chipotle to one that doesn't. Anybody who does that is insane.

I also had Chipotle today There are 3 locations all about 5 miles away from me. Dayton is good for some stuff!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:48 PM   #57
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

there's no quality fast mexican food in boston
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #58
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu
Congrats man. I don't know how people could choose to move from a place that has Chipotle to one that doesn't. Anybody who does that is insane.

No Chipotles in the Seattle area that I'm aware of, but that's OK - between the local chain Taco Del Mar and a number of one-off local burrito places, burrito needs here are met just fine. Chipotle is fine, but I'd take Taco Del Mar (or especially Casa D's) over them any day.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #59
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu

I also had Chipotle today There are 3 locations all about 5 miles away from me. Dayton is good for some stuff!

I used to live about 6 blocks from a Moe's(similar), and now that I don't, it makes me sad.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #60
chinaski
College Prospect

im really surprised the Chipotle lovers dont have an authentic mexican taqueria they could go to instead. I have 3 family owned taquerias within walking distance I would easily take over Chipotle any day. Boycott all things McDonalds.

Last edited by chinaski : 08-24-2006 at 10:19 PM.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #61
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
im really surprised the Chipotle lovers dont have an authentic mexican taqueria they could go to instead. I have 3 family owned taquerias within walking distance I would easily take over Chipotle any day. Boycott all things McDonalds.

What's wrong with McDonald's?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #62
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I like authentic mexican food too, but sometimes I just prefer the americanized version.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #63
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
No Chipotles in the Seattle area that I'm aware of, but that's OK - between the local chain Taco Del Mar and a number of one-off local burrito places, burrito needs here are met just fine. Chipotle is fine, but I'd take Taco Del Mar (or especially Casa D's) over them any day.

I am not saying this to be a jerk, since I always seem to respond negatively when it comes to this area, but Taco Del Mar is the absolute WORST mexican fast food I have ever had. It has zero taste, is extremely dry, and their salsa/hot sauce is pure crap. They're basically thin cardboard tubes filled with flavorless mush. The only positive I can think of, is that they're "mondo".

Hell, I prefer Taco Time and Bandito Burrito over them.

I'm actually warming up to the area, but I have to be honest about my distaste for the mexican food here and Taco Del Mar in particular. The Thai and seafood here kicks ass though.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:06 PM   #64
SuperGrover
Mascot

If I'm trying to be somewhat health conscious:

Chicken Burrito Bowl
Grilled Onions/Peppers
Pinto Beans
Lettuce
Cheese
Sour Cream
Hot Salsa
Loads of Chipotle Tobasco (I love that stuff-I put it on scrambled eggs....yum)

If on vacation:

Same but I get the burrito, corn salsa (in addition to hot and tobasco), and extraq cheese/sour cream. That bad boy comes in about 1400 calories.
SuperGrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #65
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
I like authentic mexican food too, but sometimes I just prefer the americanized version.

Word -- and in my area, there's actually SO many around, that it's tough to sift through them all. And most of them are pretty hit-or-miss. A lot of them make me wish I had just grabbed a packet of Old El Paso taco seasoning and made some myself.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #66
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Does everyone in America think McDonald's is the great evil now because, well, it took Spurlock to tell idiots that eating fast food 24/7 is bad for you?

I hate McDonalds because they brainwash kids into craving some of absolute shittiest fast food there is, and thus have no reason to actually make something that tastes halfway decent. Pretty much every other fast-food chain is far superior to that hellhole.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:06 AM   #67
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
I'm really surprised that anyone would consider Chipolte and authentic Mexican food to be in the same category or even overlap at all. I love both, but would never consider either as a substitute for or in the same culinary category with the other.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:01 PM   #68
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I am not saying this to be a jerk, since I always seem to respond negatively when it comes to this area, but Taco Del Mar is the absolute WORST mexican fast food I have ever had. It has zero taste, is extremely dry, and their salsa/hot sauce is pure crap. They're basically thin cardboard tubes filled with flavorless mush. The only positive I can think of, is that they're "mondo".

I'm actually warming up to the area, but I have to be honest about my distaste for the mexican food here and Taco Del Mar in particular. The Thai and seafood here kicks ass though.

Taco Del Mar is a love-it-or-hate-it restaurant. Personally I love it.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:49 PM   #69
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
They're not the best of the mondo burrito places around here, but I prefer them over Qdoba or Chipotle. I don't know about the dry criticism - I always have to watch out for my burritos dripping when I'm eating at my desk - but I'll agree that they don't have a particularly strong flavor, which can be both good and bad.

Quote:
I'm a big Taco Time fan. For true fast-food, they are by far the best in the area. It's by no means authentic Mexican, but they're very good at what they do, and I'll choose them any time over McDonald's or Wendy's or Jack In The Box if I'm choosing fast food.

Quote:
If you're ever in Bellevue, check out "Casa D's" on Bellevue Way, just a few blocks south of Bellevue Square - very good mondo burritos, with a lot more character than Taco Del Mar. If you're ever in Redmond, check out Ooba's. Fat burritos with all the fixin's that you have to eat off a plate with a fork and knife, with a great homemade salsa bar. Acapulco Fresh is another local chain that does a pretty good job - kind of like a better version of Baja Fresh.

Oh, and I was wrong - there are Chipotle's in Seattle.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:45 PM   #70
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I had Chipotle again tonight...and made plans to go with my neighbor on Sunday. So tasty!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #71
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Now that I live in Kentucky, I've seen this place a couple of times but have yet to eat there. Is it similar to Moe's and Qdoba?

Bizarre, but other than those, we can't find an actual sit-down Mexican or TexMex restaurant in Lexington. I'm sure a couple of holes in the wall are pretty decent, but I'm not trying one unless I know they are good. There are no chains here, which is odd.

There are also no TCBYs here, which is a travesty.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #72
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Now that I live in Kentucky, I've seen this place a couple of times but have yet to eat there. Is it similar to Moe's and Qdoba?

Bizarre, but other than those, we can't find an actual sit-down Mexican or TexMex restaurant in Lexington. I'm sure a couple of holes in the wall are pretty decent, but I'm not trying one unless I know they are good. There are no chains here, which is odd.

There are also no TCBYs here, which is a travesty.

Chipotle and Qdoba are nearly identical. Moe's is a corner tavern and doesn't serve Amerimexican food.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:26 PM   #73
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Moe's is the f'in bomb.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #74
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I like Moe's better than Qdoba.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 PM   #75
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

My father and i went to Chipotle once and were dissapointed. were from Texas and expected to see some hot peppers ( like Jalepenos, serranos or maybe Chipotles) but they didnt have any. they should just rename the place Wussy Yankee food trying to be passed of as mexican. the burritos wernt bad if you dumped lots of Hot sauce and Guacamole on em
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:24 PM   #76
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Moe's is the f'in bomb.
In PA, Moe's is the bomb. In TX, Moe's closed after about 8 months over by where I live.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:16 AM   #77
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
My father and i went to Chipotle once and were dissapointed. were from Texas and expected to see some hot peppers ( like Jalepenos, serranos or maybe Chipotles) but they didnt have any. they should just rename the place Wussy Yankee food trying to be passed of as mexican. the burritos wernt bad if you dumped lots of Hot sauce and Guacamole on em

You ask for the hot salsa? That's got a nice taste to it. Why should they have actual peppers if it may be in the salsa (and I do believe they have a Chipotle based salsa).
Old 09-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #78
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Never had QDoba. Moe's is totally meh to me. Chipotle is teh awesome dood!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #79
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
You ask for the hot salsa? That's got a nice taste to it. Why should they have actual peppers if it may be in the salsa (and I do believe they have a Chipotle based salsa).

yes we got the hot salsa, cant remember what it tasted like. but we were expecting some actual hot peppers from a place named "Chipotle". we found out latter that Chipotle is owned by Mcdonalds, so it doesnt suprise us they are afraid of some heat
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #80
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
there's no quality fast mexican food in boston
Real Tacos on Dorchester Ave on the border of Southie and Dorchester is excellent
Old 02-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #81
Lorena
Unregistered

Mmmm... chipotle
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #82
Rizon
Pro Starter

Me and my wife noticed if we go with our Mexican friends to Chipotle, we get hooked up fat. But if we don't we get jewed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #83
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Me and my wife noticed if we go with our Mexican friends to Chipotle, we get hooked up fat. But if we don't we get jewed.

Carlos doesn't think you can come up with a joke like that by yourself.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:05 PM   #84
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

Heh, that's kinda funny because when I busted out with my spanglish the guy behind the counter hooked me up so there's a bit of truth to what you're saying.

Tons of Barbacoa
Pinto Beans
Rice
Cheese
Sour Cream
Green Salsa

Man, we ate good today.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #85
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That used to happen to us all the time at Panchero's when I was in college. mmmm panchero's -- even though they changed their menu i could still totally go for that right now
Old 02-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #86
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

CARNITAS BITCHES!
Old 02-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #87
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
CARNITAS BITCHES!

The proper translation would be 'Carnitas, putas!'.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #88
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The proper translation would be 'Carnitas, putas!'.

LMAO

You got it right, bitches are putas. Another way you can say it is:

Carnitas cabrones!!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #89
JeeberD
General Manager

I thought puta meant whore?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #90
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I thought puta meant whore?

Puta is a diverse word in spanish, much like the word fuck. Puta can mean whore, bitch or fuck. Although if you use puta to say fuck, the correct way to use it would be by saying "puta madre".

Awww fuck = puta madre

Actually, bitch can be puta or cabrona. "That bitch" could be "Esa cabrona". "Carnitas bitches" could also be "Carnitas putas".
Old 02-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #91
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone in Boston familiar with Boloco aka The Wrap? I absolutely adored that place - its the one thing I miss the most out on the west coast.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote