Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #51
miami_fan
Coordinator

Unbelievable!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #52
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ugh, just ugly.

But before these RU fans start to boo they better remember where this program was 4 years ago
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #53
miami_fan
Coordinator

Boo them for running the ball? That has been their best option all night.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #54
miami_fan
Coordinator

Outstanding pursuit by the Tar Heels D.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #55
miked
College Starter

I am in disgust. RU must have the worst secondary and special teams in the country. I dare you to find a worse set of CBs than the god-awful McCourty twins.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #56
Tigercat
College Starter

Rutgers is no McNeese St.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #57
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I am in disgust. RU must have the worst secondary and special teams in the country. I dare you to find a worse set of CBs than the god-awful McCourty twins.

I might give you secondary, but you should watch the Arkansas-ULM game from Saturday if you are interested in seeing worse special teams.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #58
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I grew up watching RU football and this is the most uninspired effort I have ever seen
Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #59
miami_fan
Coordinator

So who had the ACC team putting up 41 points tonight?
Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #60
General Mike
Pro Starter

Goodbye cruel world
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #61
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

That wasn't fun to watch.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #62
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Well, here it is...I think this is a game that well define the rest of the season for BYU...they can be the Cardiac Cougs of the past where we are in a straight out shootout or we can nut up and actually play a full game.

With UCLA coming into Provo a loud noisy environment where it is potentially going to be 81 degrees can be fun. I know Slick Rick and company will have their team prepared as will Bronco.

I have us pegged to win by a FG but I am scared as hell (Praying 1st half Craft shows up the entire game)

I think you guys will win a close one, too, but I am hoping that's not the case. Should be a good game either way.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #63
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You know, ESPN and a lot of the other major national media coverage is usually on such a massive disconnect with the West Coast doing their usual "coverage", that I can depend on going to national to escape overbearing local, and go local to escape overbearing national news.

Now that both the local and ESPN is going nuts talking about this stupid OSU-USC game, I can't freakin' escape it. It's driving me insane. Please, play this stupid game, so we can go back to the usual USC blowjob every other day coverage. Thanks!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #64
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Ray Rice is gone, and Rutgers goes back to sucking . Oh well, I knew it couldn't last.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #65
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Ray Rice is gone, and Rutgers goes back to sucking . Oh well, I knew it couldn't last.

Even without Rice this team has way to much talent to put forth the effort they did tonight
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 AM   #66
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Well this performance by Rutgers really took some of the gloss off of Fresno State's W in New Jersey on Labor Day. Kind of a downer for us Non-Bowl Cartel Fans out there.

Rutgers, what happened? I agree there is wayyyyyy too much talent on that roster to look as dazed and confused as they did on the field tonight.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:38 AM   #67
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesKnight View Post
Kind of a downer for us Non-Bowl Cartel Fans out there.

Just offer free coffee and extra cookies at y'all next meeting at the VFW hall. That will make everyone in that group happy.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:26 AM   #68
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Big game for my Boilermakers this weekend. Not sure really what to expect out of the 16'th ranked Oregon Ducks but I'm hoping that our offense can get on track earlier this week (I was greatly concerned after the slow start vs. Northern Colorado) and that the defense has enough speed to keep up with a Pac-10 offense. Should be a shoot-out in a possibly wet Ross-Ade Stadium.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:33 AM   #69
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

WOOHOO!!!! Thanks to Baylor moving their game from Saturday to Friday night, the Mizzou game will now be broadcast on Fox Sports!!!! No PPV!!!! Still an 11:30 AM start time.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 AM   #70
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ugh, just ugly.

But before these RU fans start to boo they better remember where this program was 4 years ago

You mean looking like this? Let's see, Teel throwing stupid picks, no ground game, no defense, no motivation...yep, seems about 4 years ago. I'm hoping they turn it around, but really, unless Teel has some sort of epiphany, it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 AM   #71
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
So who had the ACC team putting up 41 points tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Go Heels

Wow! Now that was a fun night! I didn't know my boys would ring up 44 points, but it sure was a hell of a lot of fun watching more and more RU fans rush to the exits after each score put them further and further behind.

UNC got off to a slow start, but both offense and defense cranked it up big time in 2nd & 3rd quarter to blow it wide open.

It's been a couple of years since I've been to an away football game, and it was fun getting ribbed by the Rutgers fans before the game started. But just before halftime with UNC winning 17-6, I took my son down to get a snack, and a RU fan came up and the following conversation ensued:

RU fan: "Where is Carolina?"

Tyketime: "Excuse me?".

RU fan: "Where is Carolina? I mean, is it in the United States?"

Tyketime now understands the mentality of this middle-aged fan. So I pat him on the shoulder and say, "We've been in your endzone twice already!".
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #72
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Even without Rice this team has way to much talent to put forth the effort they did tonight

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
no ground game

The running game wasn't actually that bad. Brooks and Robinson combined for 142 yards on 23 carries. Now we need to run the ball more then 23 times, but we won't win any games if Teel keeps throwing 3 picks a game.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #73
MrBug708
Head Coach

Anyone else have a feeling USC is going to blow out OSU? Everyone is making it out that Beanie Wells is going to be a difference maker, but whether he plays or not won't make much of a difference. OSU should just go with Pryor as Carroll's defenses have traditionally struggled with running QB's
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #74
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, here it is...I think this is a game that well define the rest of the season for BYU...they can be the Cardiac Cougs of the past where we are in a straight out shootout or we can nut up and actually play a full game.

With UCLA coming into Provo a loud noisy environment where it is potentially going to be 81 degrees can be fun. I know Slick Rick and company will have their team prepared as will Bronco.

I have us pegged to win by a FG but I am scared as hell (Praying 1st half Craft shows up the entire game)

The altitude should be interesting for UCLA to try and handle, but they did alright last year at Utah with the altitude in that aspect. I think that if UCLA can take advantage of BYU's shorter CB's and their average LB'ers, they should be able to move the ball fairly well. If BYU continues to make mental mistakes and stupid turnovers, UCLA should win this game. Now if Craft has another mental breakdown, the game could be over much sooner then later however. It's Chow's second visit to Provo since the Edwards split and the other time was in 2002 when USC beat BYU 42-10
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #75
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Yep.

The running game wasn't actually that bad. Brooks and Robinson combined for 142 yards on 23 carries. Now we need to run the ball more then 23 times, but we won't win any games if Teel keeps throwing 3 picks a game.

Well, it's slightly deceptive as Robinson had like 25 on one carry. Take it away and most of RU pretty much just ran forward into the line for 3-4 yards. Our WRs didn't break any tackles, and I'm getting irritated with the use of Lovelace. He can't throw and when he comes in the game he just runs every time and most teams know it. His first carry was about 8 yards, then they just realized that every time he came in he was going to do the same thing, and they shut it down.

I've never seen a team so predictable on offense and a QB that's been starting for nearly 3 years and can't make decent reads (that pick-6 to Underwood was really bad, but not as bad as the pick he threw in the endzone).
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #76
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Anyone else have a feeling USC is going to blow out OSU?

Does ANYONE ELSE have a feeling? Have you been watching ESPN for the last week? I think that's reaching consensus POV.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #77
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've never seen a team so predictable on offense and a QB that's been starting for nearly 3 years and can't make decent reads .

See Anthony Morelli and the Penn State offense.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #78
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Wow this is a nightmare for Rutgers.

Um yeah.

Quote:
I've never seen a team so predictable on offense and a QB that's been starting for nearly 3 years and can't make decent reads (that pick-6 to Underwood was really bad, but not as bad as the pick he threw in the endzone).

I don't really know where to begin. Teel was fucking pathetic, and to have that kind of performance from a 5th year QB is inexcusable. Our defense started out okay, but just completely blew up. I happened to have been watching Jason McCourty the whole way on that play action, long TD pass...and he just completely stopped running with the receiver. It might have technically been a double move, but my 3 year old niece could run a better double move than the one he "bit" on.

You guys know I've always praised Schiano as a face of the program, great recruiter, all that...but I've said he needs to make major strides as a gameday coach. I'm about fed up with him at this point. I do not understand what the hell these guys do in practice all week that makes them so unprepared during games. A lot of people said it...there is way too much talent on the roster, but maybe most of it just falls on Teel and his horrible decision-making. Jourdan Brooks did look great though, and it makes me wonder why the fuck Schiano kept him on the bench during all those goalline runs against Fresno last week.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #79
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Looking forward to the Kansas / USF matchup tonight. Let's see if the Bulls can recapture the magic that let them beat Auburn last year, because right now the Big East looks like theirs for the taking...
Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #80
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
The altitude should be interesting for UCLA to try and handle, but they did alright last year at Utah with the altitude in that aspect. I think that if UCLA can take advantage of BYU's shorter CB's and their average LB'ers, they should be able to move the ball fairly well. If BYU continues to make mental mistakes and stupid turnovers, UCLA should win this game. Now if Craft has another mental breakdown, the game could be over much sooner then later however. It's Chow's second visit to Provo since the Edwards split and the other time was in 2002 when USC beat BYU 42-10

Yeah that was a Crowton team beginning to implode....This team is quite different.

I am freaking excited for tomorrow...I was yelling at the T.V. for the UW game and i will do the same here.

We are thin at LB now as we lost So'Oto to a broken foot in the first quarter of the UW game.

How is Bell still hurting?
Old 09-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #81
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Looking forward to the Kansas / USF matchup tonight. Let's see if the Bulls can recapture the magic that let them beat Auburn last year, because right now the Big East looks like theirs for the taking...

It's supposed to rain all night, so I'll likely plop down on the couch with some beer and do some advanced scouting on our main B12 North competition.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #82
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah that was a Crowton team beginning to implode....This team is quite different.

I am freaking excited for tomorrow...I was yelling at the T.V. for the UW game and i will do the same here.

We are thin at LB now as we lost So'Oto to a broken foot in the first quarter of the UW game.

How is Bell still hurting?

Bell is likely out. Moline is listed at the starter, but he's not going to get the majority of the carries. The Paulsen injury hurts the most because we are thin at TE. Moya is fine as a replacement, but after that it gets a bit murky.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #83
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Bell is likely out. Moline is listed at the starter, but he's not going to get the majority of the carries. The Paulsen injury hurts the most because we are thin at TE. Moya is fine as a replacement, but after that it gets a bit murky.

Knowing Chow, he will probably have Craft hit the small routes and set us up for going over the top when we are least expecting it.

The funny thing with our DC Jamie Hill, he has called almost every play that is going to be ran on us and even tells the players to be ready for it and they never are. It's the inexperience at the DB that will kill us.

Also Bell is a great back, he ran quite well last season it's a shame he is hurt.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 09-12-2008 at 02:37 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #84
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo View Post
I was at the game when Washington came to Norman, and it wasn't a bad game. I remember Stanback giving the OU defense fits at times. While I think you're right that the Huskies aren't what they were in years past and on paper OU should win by at least a couple of scores, the Sooners still have something to prove on the road. Take out Tulsa (probably over half OU fans) and Texas (50/50), Oklahoma put up some half-ass efforts on the road last season.
Our defense isn't going to be able to keep up. Our D-Line is mostly inexperienced with a couple true frosh getting significant time in the middle. We've recorded 0 sacks in our first 2 games. Our LB group is missing our best LB from last year who is seeking a transfer after living in Ty's doghouse for the last few years. Our secondary is as green as our D-Line.

Our offense is all Locker - our O-Line is overrated and almost all our skill players are true or redshirt frosh.

If we can keep it within 3 TD's I'll be surprised.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #85
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

USF gets a first down before a KU stop but the Kansas defense looked decent. Not much pressure, tho.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #86
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

KU looks pretty impressive that first drive
Old 09-12-2008, 07:22 PM   #87
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, a couple of third and longs, but it results in a TD to Jonathan Wilson (who went to the same high school I did in Houston, Klein Forest)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-12-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:32 PM   #88
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Uh oh. Our new kicker... good, phew

SI

Old 09-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #89
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oof. South Florida has stolen all of the momentum Kansas had early and is now up 27-20 late in the 3rd. Our lack of a running game is really showing up and our defense looks worn down since they've been on the field so long.

Oh, and lots and lots of stupid penalties.

SI

Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #90
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Wow...pretty good game going on down in Tampa.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #91
Swaggs
Coordinator

This is the type of game that I enjoy watching... when I have no real preference in who wins. Otherwise, it is the type of game that gives me multiple heart attacks.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #92
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Loss hurts a bit.

We had that win in hand and we were even ready to go to OT and instead just had a brutal int and loss. Still glad we got it back tied again in the 4th quarter.

Hopefully USF does well the rest of the year

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-12-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #93
Buccaneer
Head Coach

That was truly an exciting game, you should have seen my wife and son go crazy at the end. Sorry SI, you know I like KU but my wife is an USF alumni. Go Bulls.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #94
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Great game.

I honestly think USF is headed to a BCS game.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #95
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

USF is going to some great things this year. They just have to be careful not to slip up against a team they shouldn't (it seems sometimes they lose focus).
Old 09-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #96
MrBug708
Head Coach

WSU is not good.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #97
st.cronin
General Manager

I was all ready to jump on the BigEastSux bandwagon.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:07 AM   #98
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
WSU is not good.

I didn't watch the game but saw the 400 yards rushing against them with 6:00 to go in the game. Ouch.

I do like Paul Wulff though. It's just that he's inherited a team with nothing on it.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:08 AM   #99
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Our defense isn't going to be able to keep up. Our D-Line is mostly inexperienced with a couple true frosh getting significant time in the middle. We've recorded 0 sacks in our first 2 games. Our LB group is missing our best LB from last year who is seeking a transfer after living in Ty's doghouse for the last few years. Our secondary is as green as our D-Line.

Our offense is all Locker - our O-Line is overrated and almost all our skill players are true or redshirt frosh.

If we can keep it within 3 TD's I'll be surprised.

Me too. Dawgfan, I haven't been following this thread. What's your thoughts on Ty? I think he's been dealt an impossible hand with the scheduling, but I don't know that's going to matter much if he doesn't win this year.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #100
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I was all ready to jump on the BigEastSux bandwagon.

Just wait until WVU figures out how to block somebody. I have never seen them so dominated up front.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote