Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #51
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
What I won't be listening to in 2011 or beyond, new records from The White Stripes and LCD Soundsystem, since both recently announced they're done. I can't believe how old I feel right now, that bands I love are breaking up.

The White Stripes thing sucks a lot.

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
some more from 3voor12
James Blake, The Bony King of Nowhere, The Get Up Kids, Ben Ottewell, Milligram Retreat, Stranded Horse, Happy Camper, Ponderosa,

I can't get into James Blake, but he's getting a lot of tumblr buzz lately.

In other news, apparently Linkin Park blasts this over the PA after their shows.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #53
kurtism
High School Varsity

Bluegrass soul? Gorgeous, whatever you call it.

Last edited by kurtism : 02-07-2011 at 07:18 AM.
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #54
Easy Mac

NPR First Listen:
James Blake, Adele, PJ Harvey

hypem:
The Streets

Spinner:
Cut Copy, ...And You Will Know Us, Nicole Atkins, Boxer Rebellion, La Sera, Asteroid #4, Covenant, Ghostpoet, Goddamn Electric Bill, Goldenboy, Martial Canterel, Over the Rhine, Fela Kuti (x3), The David Wax Museum.

AOL Music
The Sing Off, Nicole Atkins, Now 37, Now Modern Songbook, Motorhead, Waylon Jennings Tribute, Danny Brown, Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors, Lionize, Covenant, Crowbar, Shayne Ward, Thompson Square, Kort, Twitch the Ripper, YANNI!!!!

Luisterpaal
...And You Will Know Us, Steffi, The Boxer Rebellion, Mamma's Badboy, Songs for the Ravens

Urban Outfitters LSTN
Toro y Moi
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtism View Post

Bluegrass soul? Gorgeous, whatever you call it.

I didn't love the CCD last album, but I think I could groove with this. Good stuff.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #56
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The new The Civil Wars CD I saw was #3 on iTunes for downloads. Sweet.

New Burlap to Cashmere video for all of the two people who remember them. This is reaching Chinese Democracy levels of delay if it hasn't already.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #57
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is Action Bronson. This guy is Queens born and bred and sounds like it.

I'll just quote someone else:

Quote:
Bronson brings back that Nautica jacket and Timbs at the Fulton Street Mall music. The is type of music you rocked while hanging out on the stoop all day, while putting down an order of four wings and pork fried rice from the Chinese food spot – get the 20oz Peach Arizona Iced Tea pairing for a complete hood tasting menu at 5.25 (circa ‘95).

Alternatively if you weren’t around for David Dinkins’ New York, this is the type of music you’d imagine that Bishop and Q would be rocking in Juice as they cut school to play Street Fighter I.

He also has cooking videos on YouTube:

Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Best Traditional Folk Album at the Grammys last night. But they were great anyway.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #60
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

New The Black Keys video.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #61
Easy Mac

streaming this week:

NPR First Listen:
The Psychic Paramount, Julianna Barwick, The Low Anthem, DeVotchKa

Spinner:
Bright Eyes, Drive-By Truckers, PJ Harvey, The Dears, DOM, The Rat Pack, Asobi Seksu, Win Win, Ben Ottewell, Yuck, Shugo Tokumaru, Zoey Von Goey, Buffalo Tom, Cowboy Junkies, Eddie Spaghetti, Stockholm Syndrome, Kasey Anderson & the Honkies, Gay for Johnny Depp, Gwyneth & Monko, Lifeguards, Powerdove, The Forms, Loch Lomond, Mumford & Sons, Band of Horses

AOL Music:
Pretty Little Liars Soundtrack, The Best of the Rat Pack, Ian Axel, Diddy-Dirty Money, Runner Runner, A Skylit Drive, SIMS, Buffalo Tom, Cowboy Junkies, Jarrod Gorbel, Saigon, Clandestine, Stockholm Syndrome, Birdsong at Morning, Blu, Eek a Mouse, Marty Party, Blanco, Wake Up Lucid, Yung Lott, Dancehall Playlist, Warm Ghost, Chris Brown, R. Kelly, Usher

hypem:
The Dears, Banjo or Freakout

Luisterpaal:
Paulusma, Rottz Vol. 2, Sean Rowe, The Skull Defects, Counquering Animal Sound, The Babies, Gruff Rhys, Semiomime, Bright Eyes, Pien Feith, Mogwai, Drive-By Truckers, The Twilight Singers, Sonic Youth, Win Win, Treefight for Sunlight, RB Djan, PJ Harvey, Austin Peralta
Old 02-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #62
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Listening to the new Cut Copy album Zonoscope. Loving 'Take Me Over' but i really don't know if the album is going to be able to compete with In Ghost Colours which has probably risen (retroactively) to my favorite album from 2008.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 02-15-2011 at 10:46 AM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #63
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

streaming this week:

NPR First Listen:

Spinner:
Bright Eyes, Drive-By Truckers, PJ Harvey, The Dears, DOM, The Rat Pack, Asobi Seksu, Win Win, Ben Ottewell, Yuck, Shugo Tokumaru, Zoey Von Goey, Buffalo Tom, Cowboy Junkies, Eddie Spaghetti, Stockholm Syndrome, Kasey Anderson & the Honkies, Gay for Johnny Depp, Gwyneth & Monko, Lifeguards, Powerdove, The Forms, Loch Lomond, Mumford & Sons, Band of Horses

AOL Music:
Pretty Little Liars Soundtrack, The Best of the Rat Pack, Ian Axel, Diddy-Dirty Money, Runner Runner, A Skylit Drive, SIMS, Buffalo Tom, Cowboy Junkies, Jarrod Gorbel, Saigon, Clandestine, Stockholm Syndrome, Birdsong at Morning, Blu, Eek a Mouse, Marty Party, Blanco, Wake Up Lucid, Yung Lott, Dancehall Playlist, Warm Ghost, Chris Brown, R. Kelly, Usher

hypem:

Luisterpaal:
Paulusma, Rottz Vol. 2, Sean Rowe, The Skull Defects, Counquering Animal Sound, The Babies, Gruff Rhys, Semiomime, Bright Eyes, Pien Feith, Mogwai, Drive-By Truckers, The Twilight Singers, Sonic Youth, Win Win, Treefight for Sunlight, RB Djan, PJ Harvey, Austin Peralta

Asobi Seksu was so-so. Drive-By Truckers was great -- this is the third album of theirs I've heard, and with each new album I keep thinking I'll finally get sick of them, but I haven't yet.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

As a change of pace (since those do seem to occasionally be appreciated in this thread), here's a link to the Sleaze Roxx Readers Top 20 albums of 2010.

Wouldn't normally drop a list in this thread but the vast majority of these I've spent a relatively decent bit of time listening to over the past year'ish & several still get some time from me. I figured the synopsis included with each entry might help the unfamiliar decide whether it was something worth checking out.

FTR, only three of my personal five (which is what reader's submitted) made the top 20. That would be Airbourne, Scorpions, and Accept. I also had A7X at #1 and Fozzy at #4.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #65
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

What happens when Willow Smith's song "Whip My Hair" gets violated by Kreator's "Phobia."

Old 02-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #66
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Three tunes which I've come across recently, the last two can be a bit risque - so you've been warned:

The Way It Seems - Rosco Wuestwald
This is a very acoustic track and really kinda neat imho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvpRYidLAM

The Grant Spectacular - being a Di**heads cool
Its a fun upbeat track - simply a fun mickey take on being trendy, I tend to work out to tunes like this
(slightly dodgy lyrics)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

The Rubber Bandits - Horse Outside
This is an irish band, bit like the pogues with a touch of sex pistols ...
(very dodgy lyrics - you've been warned)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 02-15-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #67
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
The new The Civil Wars CD I saw was #3 on iTunes for downloads. Sweet.

New Burlap to Cashmere video for all of the two people who remember them. This is reaching Chinese Democracy levels of delay if it hasn't already.

Holy Shit! I loved Burlap to Cashmere! I've still got Anybody Out There? in regular rotation on my playlist.

Are Philippidis and Delopoulos still involved, or is this a franchise reset?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #68
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

New Protest the Hero comes out March 22nd:

http://
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:49 AM   #69
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Holy Shit! I loved Burlap to Cashmere! I've still got Anybody Out There? in regular rotation on my playlist.

Are Philippidis and Delopoulos still involved, or is this a franchise reset?

Quote:
Delopoulos released a solo album in the fall of 2007, originally titled As If Love Were A Sword but changed to Straightjacket before release. He and Philippidis are planning to make new music re-united as Burlap to Cashmere following that.
There were Winter/Spring 2007 dates for Burlap to Cashmere touring with Jars of Clay and NEEDTOBREATHE, with Delopoulos and Philippidis performing an acoustic set as a duo. The two have since reunited with original drummer Theodore Pagano the rumored new Burlap to Cashmere album is well under way with its title track having recently been written. Burlap to Cashmere signed a deal with Sony Music Entertainment and are recording their new record with producer Mitchell Froom.

Last edited by Matthean : 02-16-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #70
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
As a change of pace (since those do seem to occasionally be appreciated in this thread), here's a link to the Sleaze Roxx Readers Top 20 albums of 2010.

Wouldn't normally drop a list in this thread but the vast majority of these I've spent a relatively decent bit of time listening to over the past year'ish & several still get some time from me. I figured the synopsis included with each entry might help the unfamiliar decide whether it was something worth checking out.

FTR, only three of my personal five (which is what reader's submitted) made the top 20. That would be Airbourne, Scorpions, and Accept. I also had A7X at #1 and Fozzy at #4.

Have you heard the new Whitesnake song? Not bad at all, kinda harkens back to a combo of the Slide It In sound with the gloss of the Still of the Night era. Coverdale sounds good, but looks like an unnatural freak.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #71
Ksyrup

Quote:
What happens when Willow Smith's song "Whip My Hair" gets violated by Kreator's "Phobia."

I'll have to show this to my daughter. She practically turns blue in the face singing along to this in the car. So the last time, I got so annoyed/bored by it that I started singing, "I wet my hair with a fork" over and over until she started laughing and the song mercifully ended.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #72
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

streaming this week:

NPR First Listen:

Spinner:

AOL Music:

hypem:

Luisterpaal:

I thought the new PJ Harvey was good.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Have you heard the new Whitesnake song? Not bad at all, kinda harkens back to a combo of the Slide It In sound with the gloss of the Still of the Night era. Coverdale sounds good, but looks like an unnatural freak.

Heard it once to this point, didn't reach much of a conclusion on it at the time.

Listened again prompted by your question & I think I've put my finger on what threw me on the first listen. I come away from it feeling like the vocal doesn't quite go with the music. I like the groove of it, thought the vocal was solid & especially for this stage of his career (he'll be 60 later this year for crying out loud), but somehow the two things don't quite fit together exactly right. Maybe that's coming from the production, maybe it's something else, but whatever it is I think it throws me off from being able to complete sell out for it.

And Coverdale looks like Alice Cooper's half-brother after bad plastic surgery.

For the rest of the thread, here's the song in question Love Will Set You Free, from next week's release of "Forevermore" on Frontier Records (Italian label that's steadily resurrecting the 80's and early 90's)

Old 02-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #74
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I don't listen to much new stuff anymore but I am digging the new Foo Fighters song "White Limo". Very much a throwback to their first record.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #75
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Heard it once to this point, didn't reach much of a conclusion on it at the time.

Listened again prompted by your question & I think I've put my finger on what threw me on the first listen. I come away from it feeling like the vocal doesn't quite go with the music. I like the groove of it, thought the vocal was solid & especially for this stage of his career (he'll be 60 later this year for crying out loud), but somehow the two things don't quite fit together exactly right. Maybe that's coming from the production, maybe it's something else, but whatever it is I think it throws me off from being able to complete sell out for it.

And Coverdale looks like Alice Cooper's half-brother after bad plastic surgery.

For the rest of the thread, here's the song in question Love Will Set You Free, from next week's release of "Forevermore" on Frontier Records (Italian label that's steadily resurrecting the 80's and early 90's)

I think it's Coverdale with a bunch of younger guys so it comes across as a cover band sound even with Coverdale singing lead. From just a musical standpoint, you won't pick it out as being Whitesnake. It's just another hard rock band. The song suffers from too much repetition as well.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think it's Coverdale with a bunch of younger guys

Reb Beach (48 in August) & Doug Aldridge (47) thank you for that

Younger than, say, John Sykes or Adrian Vandenburg, but at worst it's a push in terms of ability to play the style. The drum slot is weaker but Cozy Powell is dead, Aynsley Dunbar is 65, and Tommy Aldridge is 61 & lost his last gig (Thin Lizzy) after breaking his collarbone in 2009. Original bassist Neal Murray has been gone from the group for more than 20 years, although Rudy Sarzo was stable as his replacement for most of a decade before they've gone through three in the past 5 years.

All of that though is mostly just par for the course with the band, which starting with Slide It In in 1984, never had the same lineup for two straight albums, and that album had a different lead guitarist for the UK vs US versions. The constant switching continue with 1987's Whitesnake where the album was recorded with one set of musicians (basically the '84 lineup) but the videos & tour were with a largely different cast.

In the end, I'm not sure that the sound difference you're hearing isn't mostly intentional and/or production driven. If you listen to a lot of the Frontier Records releases of the past few years, there's the same sort of thing on much of it, regardless of how many original members are left.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 02-16-2011 at 12:40 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #77
Ksyrup

I picked it out as Whitesnake for sure. Almost a bit too much like some of the 80s stuff, actually. But for some older bands, that's a much better route to go in 2011 than trying to forge a new sound that fits in with what's currently in.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #78
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Burlap to Cashmere stuff...

Thanks for all of this, man. I'm definitely looking forward to the new album now. You made my day.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #79
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

wow, Coverdale looks absolutely horrible
Old 02-18-2011, 04:08 AM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Revisiting Melancholy and The Infinite Sadness (Smashing Pumpkins) and realizing it came out 16 years ago. It holds up well, but I can't believe it was SIXTEEN years ago.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #81
stevew
Hall Of Famer

All 2010 releases but I'm still digging Kanye's latest. I think the 5 star ratings hold up. Pink Friday by Nicky Minaj has a bunch of really good moments, but too much of it is forgettable. Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon2 is pretty uneven as well. I think he needs to cut back on the weed, as the first album just worked as some emo sci fi concept album. The new CD still has some top notch stuff on it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #82
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm getting the feeling I'm going to listen to a lot of Hinder's All American Nightmare for the rest of the year. I've liked every track from it I've heard so far & find myself liking the songs more each time I hear them.

Reminds me of a lot of the more-rock-than-metal good stuff from the 80's, just updated.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:28 AM   #83
Recoil
High School Varsity

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #84
whomario
Pro Starter

Adele is soooo amazing, great 2nd album ("21") and deservedly having massive success with it, which has only been aided further by a stellar performance at the Brit Awards :

if embedding doesn´t work again, here´s the normal link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZtUj...layer_embedded

also a big "thank you" to Easy Mac for compiling the streams

Last edited by whomario : 02-22-2011 at 02:36 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #85
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Adele is soooo amazing, great 2nd album ("21") and deservedly having massive success with it, which has only been aided further by a stellar performance at the Brit Awards :

if embedding doesn´t work again, here´s the normal link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZtUj...layer_embedded

I wanted to comment about Hometown Glory when you posted about it because I've been in love with that song ever since seeing a dance group from my wife's dance studio do a number to it. Just listened to the one linked here and goosebumps... That was a very emotional performance. Will be probably getting this and her first album.

Other than that, been listening to some stuff from before 2011 but that is new to me. Among those, The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place from Explosions in the Sky while playing FMHi2011 and also from B.o.B, The Adventures of Bobby Ray.

FM
Old 02-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #86
Butter
Coordinator

PJ Harvey's new album is REALLY good.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #87
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Thanks. This weeks big dump, a day late:

Spinner
Adele, Johnny Cash, The Cave Singers, Colin Stetson, Darwin Deez, James Yuill, Malachi, Earth Girl Helen Brown, Los Chicharrons, Phil Spector, Darlene Love, The Crystals, The Ronettes, Tera Melos, The Builders and the Butchers, Katie Costello, G. Love, Yellowbirds, Tahiti 80, Innerpartyststem, Billy Preston

hypem
Lykke Li

First Listen : NPR
Papercuts, Lucinda Williams, Anna Calvi

3VOOR12 - Luisterpaal
De Staat, Juliana Barwick, Sir Randall, Dropkick Murphys, Stephan Bodzin, Long Distance Calling, Enemy Earth, Ghostpoet, Sic Alps, Earth, The Luyas, Delicate Steve, Chain & the Gang, Low Vertical, Discodeine, The Psychic Paramount, Gil-Scott Herron, The Cave Singers, Nicholas Jarr, The Low Anthem, Tim Hecker, Secret Handshake Club, Ringo Death Star, Le Corps Mince de Francoise, Pandit, Stateless, Arbouretum, Moddi, Asobi Seksu, A Hawk and a Hacksaw

AOL Music
Adele, Bayside, Johnny Cash, Darkest Hour, Drew Seeley, Evergrey, Joell Ortiz, John Waite, Rachel Goodrich, Red City Radio, The Defaced, Tino Coury, Timo Tolkki, Katie Costello, Water and Bodies, Glee Episode 14

Exclaim! Canada's Music Authority
The Rural Alberta Advantage
Old 02-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #88
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I won't be listening to in 2011 or beyond, new records from The White Stripes and LCD Soundsystem, since both recently announced they're done. I can't believe how old I feel right now, that bands I love are breaking up.

I just saw this and then confirmed on Facebook... White Stripes, done?! NO!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #89
Easy Mac

Urban Outfitter's latest 25 song indie sampler: Urban Outfitters - Music - LSTN #13
Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #90
Easy Mac

First Listen : NPR
The Mountain Goats, Alexi Murdoch, Kurt Vile, Wye Oak

Listen to New Releases and Free Music CDs - Spinner
Adele, Rival Schools, Dropkick Murphys, Ron Sexsmith, Middle Brother, DeVotchKa, Acrylics, Chamberlin, Eisley, Telepathique, Rural Alberta Advantage, Mike Watt, Paris Suit Yourself, Those Dancing Days, Ringo Deathstar, SMM - Context, That Ghost, The Two Koreas, Revolver

New Music Releases - Free Full CD Listening Parties - AOL Music
Adele, Marsha Ambrosious, Ari Hest, Jen Hirsh, INXS, The Morning Code, The Great Valley, Ron Sexsmith, Blessed Union of Souls, Everybody Wants to Be a Cat

3VOOR12 - Luisterpaal
Queens of the Stone Age, Those Dancing Days, Lucy Love, Aestrid, Beans, Ron Sexsmith, Malachi, Jessica Lea Mayfield, Toro y Moi, The Karindula Sessions, Dustin O'Halloran, Rainbow Arabia, Ponoka, Papercuts, Siriusmo, Wye Oak
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #91
Ksyrup

Who the heck does INXS have singing for them now? I assume the reality-star-turned-homeless-guy is still homeless.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #92
Easy Mac

seems he's back
Old 03-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #93
samifan24
Pro Starter

The Beady Eye album came out today aka Oasis minus Noel. Not bad so far. Liam's songwriting has come a very long way.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #94
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

New Manchester Orchestra song called Simple Math. The wax version is great.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #95
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

She nails the cover of my favorite Caitlin Rose song.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #96
BYU 14
Coordinator

A friend sent one of Hayseed Dixies videos to me and as appalled as I was at first they have grown on me......Poor Lemmy

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #97
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
A friend sent one of Hayseed Dixies videos to me and as appalled as I was at first they have grown on me......Poor Lemmy

Some twisted dudes right there, been listening to them for years although to be honest I think the novelty of them kind of wore off with me. Talented musicians though, which they come by honestly (2 members are the sons of bluegrass legend Don Reno)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-04-2011 at 08:08 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #98
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Some twisted dudes right there, been listening to them for years although to be honest I think the novelty of them kind of wore off with me. Talented musicians though, which they come by honestly (2 members are the sons of bluegrass legend Don Reno)

LOL, yeah they are a bit off, but I agree, talented guys that found a niche 99% of us would never think to explore. I will definitely try to catch them next time they come out to Phoenix.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #99
Ksyrup

Quote:
seems he's back

Ha, yep! JD Fortune. That's a name I haven't heard since... the homeless articles, I guess.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hey, whaddya know? 5 songs I'm listening to this afternoon are vid linked on the blog in a new 5 o'clock Whistle. Got Danko Jones, got Saliva, a trip back with Dangerous Toys & more.
Friday 5 o’clock Whistle (3/4/11) | Jon's Three Cents