Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #51
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
How about from the Vikings perspective - Brett Favre has to be jerking off in his Wrangler jeans.

Hope he filled his prescription recently.

Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #52
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I think they had 10-6 written all over them before the season and they still do. They're probably the 4th best team in the AFC, which usually means a fairly early playoff exit, but I'd certainly watch any playoff game hoping for the best. (i.e. I'm not throwing up the white flag)

I actually see them winning the division and may be a 3rd seed in the playoffs depending on the Colts (Jets are over blown). They don't have an easy schedule, but, every team is beatable. They have their bye this weekend and then play Baltimore and San Diego. I think they will have a hard time with Baltimore and will more than likely beat San Diego.

They were a playoff team before Moss was traded and they are still a playoff team without Moss...baring any injuries and if their special teams play can keep up or close to it, like it did in the Miami game, they'll be alright.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #53
Subby
lolzcat

"getting" insufferable
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #54
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I assume if there is a lockout the draft will happen with some form of random lottery like the NHL did where the worst teams have better chances of getting top picks but not a guarantee.
I was asking about the 2011 draft - found it in a Yahoo! article. Sounds like the draft will occur, but contracts will not be signed until after a new CBA is in place and they'll be subject to any slotting system agreed to in the CBA.
Quote:
If there’s a lockout, will there still be a draft next spring?
Yes, but it won’t be business as usual for the teams or for the players they select. With no CBA in place, teams won’t be able to sign players, and those post-draft minicamps will be non-existent. Also, in the absence of a CBA, the league’s ability to generate revenues from the new crop of big-name draftees will be limited. In other words, if you want to purchase one of those sweet new Jake Locker jerseys in the aftermath of his being drafted, you’ll have to buy one without his name on the back of it or wait until a new CBA is signed.
I was also wrong on the conditional draft pick if Moss left as a free agent - apparently as a player with 10+ years of service we would have gotten no better than a 5th in 2012 for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
From 2009: Chung, Tate, Edelman, Vollmer
rookeis this year: McCourty, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez
Add in Pryor/Brace/Kyle Arrington from 2009 (and even Darius Butler who I still think was decent last year and can be good again) and Brandon Deaderick/Woodhead this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I haven't seen this much sorrow and doom and gloom out of the New England area since Teddy Kennedy died.
Without turning this into a politics thread, I'm pretty sure there were a number of people up here ecstatic when Teddy died, and the rest couldn't have been too surprised. Bobby or John will work a lot better for your next Kennedy analogy.

TroyF - He definitely carries water for Belichick and the Patriots organization at times, but I've actually been surprisingly impressed with Bruschi as a writer and analyst. When he starts talking about team chemistry and what its like in the locker room I tend to tune him out (let's just say I've heard from multiple people that he wasn't as universally loved in that locker room as he or the media would have you believe), but when he sticks to football he does a nice job taking complicated schemes and presenting them to the public at large. Plus he obviously still has great contacts and access. Between him, Mike Reiss and even Scott Zolak the Patriots media is much, much better than the local Red Sox media.

Thomkal - I don't think this trade benefits Edelman that much. He's a Welker clone, which would be great if we were still running 4-5 WR shotgun sets or if Welker goes down, but there's no way you can put him on the outside and we're already running a lot more 2 and even 3 TE sets, eliminating the need for more than 1 slot receiver. Edelman probably will bump up to the #3 in 3WR sets for now until Taylor Price is ready or we find another UDFA off the scrap heap, but if you're asking for fantasy purposes he still won't be worth much. All 4 of Tate, Edelman, Gronkowski and Hernandez should get a slight boost off this, but the biggest winner may actually be BJG-E if we turn into more of a power running team like Monday night.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 10-06-2010 at 11:22 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #55
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I continue to insist on the acting up theory because there is no other reason to get rid of him. You don't trade superstar players who are giving maximum effort, causing no problems in the locker room and want to be there.

FOR ANY PRICE.

The Pats now have 2 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds in next years draft. Let's say they called up the Steelers and offered them two firsts for Troy Polumalu. What do you think the Steelers would say? They'd hang up the phone. They aren't giving up Troy no matter what and they certainly aren't doing it in the middle of a season when they think they have a chance at a title.

Let's say they called up the Chargers and offered them 2 firsts for Antonio Gates. Again, the phone would be slammed down. I'll say this again, contending teams do not trade pro bowl level players in the middle of the season.

I think the Semour trade was simply too good to pass up. The Pats had played without Seymour for a big part of the previous year. They loved their other defensive lineman and it was before the start of the season. This? The only logical assumption is Randy acting up.

What do I think happened? I posted it in the other thread. I think Randy demanded a trade early. I always thought his comments about being disrespected because he didn't get a contract extension was a first salvo and that it would escalate. I think Randy was moody, pouty and disinterested. I think Beli realized this was going to become a serious problem and is cutting ties before things get truly nasty. I think a lot of this is going to come out over the next few days. (though with how tight Beli keeps the ship, maybe it gets buried)

Does this mean Carmello Anthony has turned into a locker room cancer as well?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #56
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Without turning this into a politics thread, I'm pretty sure there were a number of people up here ecstatic when Teddy died, and the rest couldn't have been too surprised. Bobby or John will work a lot better for your next Kennedy analogy.

Actually it had zero to do with politics and was relating it to more of a regional phenomenon than anything else. Since Marky Mark hasn't died yet, couldn't use him.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #57
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Our household has long been fans of all of the New England teams, including my son's favorite teams. I think the reaction is one of surprise at the timing but not the reason. We are still hopeful in a more parity-filled AFC. My pre-season pick was the Ravens vs Packers and anything could happen.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #58
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Actually it had zero to do with politics and was relating it to more of a regional phenomenon than anything else. Since Marky Mark hasn't died yet, couldn't use him.
Yeah, but the point is that Teddy Kennedy wasn't exactly universally beloved. Ted Williams, Johnny Pesky, Bill Rodgers, Stephen King, Bobby Orr, Doug Flutie are the best I can think of, and only King is a non-sports figure (I could add Ben Affleck now, but I doubt he's dying anytime soon). Even political wise I think Tip O'Neil and Billy Bulger have broader affection than Teddy Kennedy did.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 10-06-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #59
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Does this mean Carmello Anthony has turned into a locker room cancer as well?

Are you joking?

Of course he is. He wants out, he's made it known internally he wants out. He's "saying" all of the right things, but he's looking at next year and tweeting freakin pictures of himself in a Knicks jersey. Yes, he's a gigantic distraction. Yes, his effort on D has always been questioned and it's hard to believe that will be a strength this year.

Do you think the Nuggets would be trying to trade their first franchise player in 25 years if he WASN'T a problem? Seriously?

He's always been one of my favorite players and I've always defended him, but he's been a gigantic dick over the last few weeks. (I know stories that I will not share here, sorry) The Nuggets still have hope they can convince him to stay. And because of that they've already turned down a terrific deal for him. They are playing with fire here. Unlike the Patriots, they are taking a chance he'll destroy the season for them and then still ditch them for nothing.

I guess you were hoping I'd defend Melo or state the Nuggets were just being smart. Sorry, Melo is acting like a jerk and the Nuggets are being idiots. (what else is new)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #60
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love DT but this is like watching the tail end of the Houston 500.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #61
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, but the point is that Teddy Kennedy wasn't exactly universally beloved. Ted Williams, Johnny Pesky, Bill Rodgers, Stephen King, Bobby Orr, Doug Flutie are the best I can think of, and only King is a non-sports figure (I could add Ben Affleck now, but I doubt he's dying anytime soon). Even political wise I think Tip O'Neil and Billy Bulger have broader affection than Teddy Kennedy did.

Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with politics other than the person happened to be a politician. I'm playing on the whole 'season is dead/person is dead' thing in addition to it being a New England thing. I'm not from New England, so, the list of names for me to choose from is not going to be as long as it is for someone that is from there or has lived there for a significant amount of time. Work with me here.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #62
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

And here it is.

Sources: Randy Moss, New England Patriots quarterbacks coach in heated exchange Monday - ESPN Boston

Quote:
Receiver Randy Moss and New England Patriots quarterbacks coach Bill O'Brien were involved in a heated exchange at halftime of the team's victory Monday over the Miami Dolphins, according to player sources.
The Patriots trailed 7-6 at halftime of the game, and Moss had just one pass thrown in his direction up to that point. He finished without a reception and wasn't thrown to in the second half.
Player sources said the halftime exchange was not the first time they had felt friction between Moss and O'Brien, who calls the offensive plays.

So it's not just about being in the last year of the contract, but that the Pats gameplan was de-emphasizing Moss and perhaps depressing his future value.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #63
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And here it is.

Sources: Randy Moss, New England Patriots quarterbacks coach in heated exchange Monday - ESPN Boston

So it's not just about being in the last year of the contract, but that the Pats gameplan was de-emphasizing Moss and perhaps depressing his future value.

I doubt Moss was thinking that all-encompassing. His thought was probably as simple as "I am the best player on the team; why aren't you getting me the ball; if you don't get me the ball, I'll pout and create a scene."

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #64
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
And here it is.

So DT and Moss both tuned out at halftime!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #65
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
So DT and Moss both tuned out at halftime!

well played!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #66
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I think this was a bad move for New England (and a season saver for the Vikes). NE would basically have gotten a compensation pick at the end of the 3rd or 4th if they used Moss and then let him walk at season's end. Now, based on how the Vikings should do with Moss, they lose 12 games of Moss for essentially the same pick.

Even if Moss was "a cancer", he was still going to garner double teams and would have to give some effort as this is a contract year. Giving that up essentially for nothing makes little sense. Now, teams will simply double Welker and be able to blitz more. I like the TEs, but I don't see how a receiving group of Welker, Tate and Edelmann make teams pay.

Unless NE flips another pick for Steve Smith of Carolina or Vincent Jackson, I think the Pats just went from an 11-win team to a 9-win team and probably out of the playoffs. Even better, they get to face a motivated Moss with Minnesota in a couple weeks making what was a very winnable game (home against the mess that was Minnesota) a probable loss. The pats face Baltimore, San Diego (road), Vikings, Browns (road), Pittsburgh (road), Indy and the Jets again over the next few weeks. Without Moss, I can't see them doing better than 2-5 (maybe 3-4) in that stretch. That puts them at 6-7 losses by week 13. I think this move just cost the Pats the season.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #67
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

It's a small point, but in the interest of correctness, the Pats would have gotten a 2012 5th Round Pick in compensation.

Quote:
According to the compensatory pick rules, teams that lose a player with 10 or more NFL seasons under their belt are awarded a pick no higher than the fifth round for that player.

So 2011 3rd vs. 2102 5th.

This happend to the Steelers with Faneca.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 10-06-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #68
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's a small point, but in the interest of correctness, the Pats would have gotten a 2012 5th Round Pick in compensation.

Man, that's a long time to wait for a 5th rounder.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 10-06-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #69
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And here it is.

I wouldn't put it past Beli to ice Moss for his perceived insubordination. As great a coach as he is, he has serious control issues.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #70
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, that was so dumb. Even dumber was that the Steelers were supposedly unaware of the rule.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #71
SteveMax58
College Starter

Well...this certainly works well for NE if they get Vincent Jackson...but I don't see that happening.

Minnesota certainly got what they needed. As did fantasy football owners.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #72
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:

That's an interesting rule, good to know. I'm still not sure it's worth killing any chance at winning the division to move up 2 rounds in the draft (esp when you already have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds next season already).
Old 10-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #73
RendeR
Coordinator

I find the entire situation highly amusing. Including the implosion of many pats fans around the country.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #74
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Hopefully someday the Bengals will have something of importance or value so you can feel what its like for yourself.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #75
TroyF
Coordinator

OK, time for some predictions:

What rating will next weeks Monday night game get?

Lets see:

1) New York
2) Mark Sanchez
3) Rex Ryan
4) Brett Favre
5) Randy Moss

Will this be the highest rated ESPN Monday night game of all time?
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #76
Arles
Grey Dog Software

As an aside, I can relate with a lot of the Pats fans. In GB, we have Ted "All my draft picks will eventually be pro bowl players" Thompson at GM. He hordes draft picks like they are rare pieces of eight. We've had numerous chances in the past 2 seasons to greatly upgrade our RB, OL, LB and DB spot with one more veteran via trade for a mid-round pick that could have pushed the Pack over the top. Instead, the Pack have used 28 draft picks the past 3 seasons.

At some point, making a run should trump the allure of a 3rd or 4th round draft pick (esp when you already have 9-10 other picks).
Old 10-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #77
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I find the entire situation highly amusing. Including the implosion of many pats fans around the country.

Do you still think Carson Palmer is a better QB than Tom Brady by the way, or has that opinion imploded yet?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #78
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Do you still think Carson Palmer is a better QB than Tom Brady by the way, or has that opinion imploded yet?

Oh no, this isn't about me.

This is funny. =)
Old 10-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #79
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh and the more I listen to Teddy Bruschi speak the bigger idiot I find him to be. Its not like he's saying anything wrong, he just comes across like a clueless fanboy. IMO
Old 10-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #80
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Hopefully someday the Bengals will have something of importance or value so you can feel what its like for yourself.

Now now, stop trying to belittle others. You have enough problems.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #81
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Oh no, this isn't about me.

This is funny. =)

As I've said many times in this thread and the other one - Moss was a huge net gain for the Pats in every way. He will be great for the Vikings this year also and is worth the risk of locking up long term. I don't see any implosions going on anywhere (except maybe DT giving up on the season). The sun will rise, the sun will set, the Pats will be competitive, and despite all your trash talking and jackassary - you'll still have to live near Ohio.

Last edited by molson : 10-06-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #82
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Eh, somehow I'll survive.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #83
Kodos
Resident Alien

DT is the classic fair weather fan.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #84
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
As I've said many times in this thread and the other one - Moss was a huge net gain for the Pats in every way. He will be great for the Vikings this year also and is worth the risk of locking up long term. I don't see any implosions going on anywhere (except maybe DT giving up on the season). The sun will rise, the sun will set, the Pats will be competitive, and despite all your trash talking and jackassary - you'll still have to live near Ohio.

What jackassery? I simply said the entire situation amused me. Am I no longer allowed to be amused? Lets get a reality check here.

What trash talking? I've done none.

I don't live near Ohio. Its hours away, though the entire state (including Cleveland) is still a better place to live than the state of MA. (lived there, learned that)

Now if you're done trying to make yourself feel better about yourself, please get back on topic.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #85
molson
General Manager

Quote:
What jackassery? I simply said the entire situation amused me. Am I no longer allowed to be amused? Lets get a reality check here.

What trash talking? I've done none.

I don't live near Ohio. Its hours away, though the entire state (including Cleveland) is still a better place to live than the state of MA. (lived there, learned that)

Now if you're done trying to make yourself feel better about yourself, please get back on topic.

You know, for my own reasons, I don't want to live in MA again either. The difference is I don't hold a weird, trollish grudge against everything associated with the state that consumes me at all times. So it's true, I relied a little more on your past actions with with the jackass and trash talking comments, but I certainly stand by them, and you're clearly trying to go in that direction here, though a bit more subtly. So maybe you're making progress.

Last edited by molson : 10-06-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #86
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Thomkal - I don't think this trade benefits Edelman that much. He's a Welker clone, which would be great if we were still running 4-5 WR shotgun sets or if Welker goes down, but there's no way you can put him on the outside and we're already running a lot more 2 and even 3 TE sets, eliminating the need for more than 1 slot receiver. Edelman probably will bump up to the #3 in 3WR sets for now until Taylor Price is ready or we find another UDFA off the scrap heap, but if you're asking for fantasy purposes he still won't be worth much. All 4 of Tate, Edelman, Gronkowski and Hernandez should get a slight boost off this, but the biggest winner may actually be BJG-E if we turn into more of a power running team like Monday night.

Tend to agree with you here for Edelman can't really see him as more than a 3WR now, but think it would be a lot of fun to see him and Welker on the field a lot together. I think he's a Welker in the making. (and I don't have any fantasy teams this year. )
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #87
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
You know, for my own reasons, I don't want to live in MA again either. The difference is I don't hold a weird, trollish grudge against everything associated with the state that consumes me at all times. So it's true, I relied a little more on your past actions with with the jackass and trash talking comments, but I certainly stand by them, and you're clearly trying to go in that direction here, though a bit more subtly. So maybe you're making progress.

Or maybe you hold a grudge far stronger than you think.

I was simply stating my amusement. You created everything else.

Now as for my hatred of MA, its very real. I think its telling that in my 40+ years I've lived all over this country, from the northeast(PA 20 yrs, NY 6 Yrs, MA 4 Yrs), to the south (FL 1 Yr, NC 1 YR), to the west coast (CA-San Diego 4 Yrs, CA-San Francisco 3YRs).

In ALL of those places I found positive things. And still of ALL of those places none, save MA made me more bitter, angry and hateful. I still love all the other sites. but in 4 years MA turned into an evil black inkspot in the pages of my life.

Why? its really hard to say. The people were rude self absorbed and spiteful. The Government was an utter wasteland of incompetence, Just the entire sense of "home and Community" just didn't exist there.

I'd be willing to live in any of my previous "homes" other than MA. maybe its irrational, maybe I'm insne, but then again. I've got a pretty solid sample size of other places to live and the only one that affected me this way is MA.

Perhaps there is something to that? YMMV

Now, les get back to listening to ESPN spend the entire week talking about nothing more than the Moss trade.

Like they've had anything new to say since the 3rd repetition of the "breaking news story". *Yawn*
Old 10-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #88
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

It feels like Chistmas in Minnesota today. Everyone is so exciting to have their long lost son back.

I always dreamt about having AP and Moss on the same field together. We will now have to see how teams are going about stopping these two. I am sure defensive cordinators in the NFC North couldnt sleep last night.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-06-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #89
Thomkal
Head Coach

God help my Cards, undrafted rookie Max Hall gets the start against New Orleans. He can't do any worse than Derek Anderson...can he?...can he?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #90
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
God help my Cards, undrafted rookie Max Hall gets the start against New Orleans. He can't do any worse than Derek Anderson...can he?...can he?

I wouldnt think so. Otherwise I wouldnt plan on winning any more games this year
Old 10-06-2010, 04:06 PM   #91
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Fair enough, but let me maybe suggest that it's not helpful to immediately antagonize anyone you come in contact with, in real life or online, who happened to be born in the northeast, or lived there at some point in their life, because there's a SLIGHT possibility that they're not among the group that beat you up and stole your lunch money or whatever else happened there. And if you treat everyone like they ran over your cat (and that's really what you do, at least with your online personna) you're not going to get the best reaction, and your weird grudge will just perpetuate itself and continue.

Just my thought. Moving along....

Last edited by molson : 10-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #92
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I doubt Moss was thinking that all-encompassing. His thought was probably as simple as "I am the best player on the team; why aren't you getting me the ball; if you don't get me the ball, I'll pout and create a scene."
I realize I'm a total Moss fanboy at this point, but maybe he had a point. We had 6 points and were being outgained 190-138 at the time, finished with 20 points on offense and were outgained 400-265. Yeah, some of that 2nd half disparity is due to the Dolphins getting more possessions and our playing prevent, but we didn't look good 1st half either. Timeline here - Moss is firing up the team on the sidelines during pregame, our offense looks bad, averaging less than 4 yards per play and the only throw to Moss is when Brady makes a silent audible (grabbing the facemask for the fake spike - which I thought was dumb. Should have taken the TO immediately and thrown into the end zone twice.) Then we're mad because he wants the ball more and yells at the Offensive Coordinator?

Maybe I'm wrong and he was yelling about something else, but if he thought the offense would work better if he was thrown the ball more I don't think his being vocal about it is a particularly bad thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Tend to agree with you here for Edelman can't really see him as more than a 3WR now, but think it would be a lot of fun to see him and Welker on the field a lot together. I think he's a Welker in the making. (and I don't have any fantasy teams this year. )
I think he's a Welker in the making, but in addition to thinking that particular player is overrated, they both run pretty much the same routes. So on the one hand, Edelman was/is the perfect 4th/5th WR because he could jump in and replace Welker in the event of an injury, but on the other their similar skillset means that putting both out there at the same time doesn't add a different dimension. Take personalities out of it and Randy Moss/Terrell Owens still wouldn't be a very good fit despite being the #1/#2 receivers of the past decade - much better to pair either with an underneath possession receiver.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #93
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Out of curiosity Render, which towns in Mass did you live in?
Old 10-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #94
Logan
Head Coach

The one that produced the biggest Masshole, apparently...
Old 10-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #95
remper
Mascot

So what I heard last is that Cutler WILL play on Sunday. I think that's a mistake... Anyone hear any other info? I'd sit him until the offensive line shows some kind of stability... and ability. Let Todd Collins earn his money this year, and get his head taken off.
remper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #96
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bears are doing dumbness, and are putting my fantasy season in jeopardy by throwing Cutler out there.

Anyways, I think that a concussion should be a 1 game minimum break regardless of being cleared by team doctors. And maybe we'll give you a provisional roster spot to replace the player for one week.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #97
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How about from the Vikings perspective - Brett Favre has to be jerking off in his Wrangler jeans.

Just think, now we get to add Moss into the "Will Favre retire?" mix. Both their contracts end at the end of this year. Let's say the Vikings don't win it this year. What happens to Moss when Favre doesn't return? If the QB doesn't make Moss happy, bye bye Moss.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #98
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I lived in Dallas for a time and absolutely hated it. Was just not my cup of tea, the job I took didn't work out, every girl I dated it didn't work out, I was far from my family, didn't have much money, and generally hated everything about it. Was by far one of lifes worst stretches.

But I hold no grudge against the state of Texas or the city of Dallas, to hold a grudge against a whole section of the country or blame it for your issues is just plain stupid.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #99
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Yes there should be a medical rule in place that if a concussion happens, that player has to sit out a minimum of one week. for the safety of the player if nothing else.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:04 PM   #100
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Yes there should be a medical rule in place that if a concussion happens, that player has to sit out a minimum of one week. for the safety of the player if nothing else.
it wasn't a concussion was it? i thought it was 'concussion like symptoms' which i interpreted as cutlerspeak for 'fuck you. my head hurts. i'm not going back out there.'
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote