Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #51
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
So how do I end combat? I keep having fights but then after I win the combat never ends, even after repeatedly pushing the end button - very annoying.

This was a bug that should have been fixed in 1.1, otherwise there are enemies in the area you haven't found most likely.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 AM   #52
Groundhog
Coordinator

Just finished, took me 17 hours with an Orc Samurai. On the whole I didn't have too many issues with difficulty until the last couple of runs, but had a lot of fun. As others have said here, the writing is excellent, and I thought I'd be disappointed that it wasn't an open-world game but that was not the case at all.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #53
chinaski
College Prospect

I think ive hit the wall, im stuck. Ive played this mission 3 times now, almost an hour each time, and every freaking time I die to the last Black IC in the matrix, 3 straight times...ugh. I really dont want to try this again.

Spoiler
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #54
SackAttack
Head Coach

Have you tried
Spoiler
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #55
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I think ive hit the wall, im stuck. Ive played this mission 3 times now, almost an hour each time, and every freaking time I die to the last Black IC in the matrix, 3 straight times...ugh. I really dont want to try this again.

Spoiler

That was the only mission I had to replay more than twice - I think it was about 5 attempts because of that very part...

Spoiler
Old 07-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #56
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm on one of the last ones (I think). Died twice last night so decided to table it for now. Might need to rewind, but I hate doing that so I'll wait another day or so.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #57
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just finished the included campaign thanks to a tip from SirFozzie about
Spoiler
Old 07-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #58
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Have you tried
Spoiler

Yeah, I have a nice deck with two program slots, I usually bring a shield and assassin. Once they die, im pretty much screwed. I like Groundhogs idea about keeping them behind me, didnt dawn on me to do that.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #59
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
That was the only mission I had to replay more than twice - I think it was about 5 attempts because of that very part...

Spoiler

Great idea on keeping my shield behind my decker, I bet that will help a lot.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #60
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I am getting slaughtered in the same one others have mentioned - just had my decker killed for the fourth time, maybe fifth. I can handle the other guys but the black ice and corp security guys murder me, even with a shield.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #61
Groundhog
Coordinator

Keeping your 'alarm state' (I believe that's the correct term - working from memory) below critical is important for that level - that's what generates the other Black IC with his two friends to give you a hard time. You really have to race through that level, which is tough if you are using your shield defensively. It's a plus that the enemy defenses target your avatar over your shield/attacker, so I generally use 1 AP moving my attacker drone closer to the enemy, then 1 AP to fire, as they tend to have lousy aim from afar, then the shield you cast protect on my avatar and fire some long distance hail-mary shots.

I think luck played a big part in my success though - when the Black IC caught up to me right before I reached the elevator controls, both it and the other 2 drones missed me.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #62
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, that's what I did. Keeping the alarm low was critical. I didn't die on that mission.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #63
Peregrine
Pro Starter

How do I keep my alarm low? I know there is the suppression program that lowers it but that is usually only castable once or twice a mission.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #64
SackAttack
Head Coach

Nah, it has a cooldown of a few turns, but that particular mission is long enough that you'll make use of it several times.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #65
Izulde
Head Coach

Ah y'all are back on that mission. I died the first time, but then I dropped the decker I hired for more firepower and beat it the second time easily.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #66
SackAttack
Head Coach

I had a backup decker on that mission, and didn't die. Basically, I just parked dudes by the two entrances to take on people coming in, had a mage to heal folks, and had a decker running the hack so that if he died, my decker PC could jump in.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #67
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yeah, if you knew about overwatch, that mission's easier to handle in the meatworld
Old 07-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #68
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm a male human mage so far. I'm loving it. Great early story that has me immediately hooked and I like the style of combat.

Finally started today and I feel the same way.. has an x-com vibe to it too.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #69
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Release 1.0.2

New Features, Improvements
- SMG: Aimed Shot now uses 4 bullets, down from 6.
- SMG: Spray and Pray now uses 6 bullets, down from 8.
- SMG: the Beretta, Uzi, Colt, and HK are slightly more accurate.
- Shotgun: Kneecap now has a HP DMG penalty of -6, up from -3. It now has a -5% accuracy penalty, and a cooldown of 3.
- Shotgun: All shotguns have had their accuracy falloff increased slightly, lowering hit chance at long ranges.
- Rifle: Full Auto's accuracy penalty was not being applied properly at high skill levels. It should now always be 15% lower than a single shot's percentage to hit.
- Rifle: Smartlinked rifles were less accurate at very long ranges instead of more accurate. This has been resolved.
- Rifle: The FN HAR and HK G12 were very similar in every aspect except price. The FN HAR is now more accurate and holds more ammunition than the HK G12.
- Rifle: Ammo capacity of the HK G12, Colt M23, and Ares Alpha have been reduced to 32, 34, and 38 respectively.
- Rifle: The Colt M23's damage is now 15, down from 16. The Ares Alpha's damage is now 16, down from 18.
- Grenades: Reduced store prices of all grenades.
- Grenades: HE Phosphorus grenades were not showing up in the store. They should now be purchasable along with the other Tier 3 weapons.
- Cyberware purchase screen is now more user friendly.
- Vendors will now sell more things in various places throughout DMS campaign (such as more med-kits).
- Visual improvements to the summoning grid.
- General UI Improvements.
- Added additional debugging for finding walkable tiles in debug mode.
- Added messaging to alert user when last auto-save occurred.
- Black IC is now less lethal.
- Added an explanation of how Leylines work in the world of SR:R.
- Added a definition of SIN in glossary.

Bug Fixes
- Player can no longer sell a currently equipped outfit.
- Swapping outfits will now correctly give the correct enhancements.
- Player can now equip an outfit if they do not currently have one equipped.
- Drones will now retain their Rigging bonus between levels.
- Wired reflexes no longer dodge friendly effects.
- Spirit death from overwatch no longer causes occasional hardlock
- Reduced load times when loading new assets after version update.
- First time OSX play will start in windowed mode to work around a crash issue for some users.
- Move marker will now be visible over walls.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when transitioning characters one-by-one out of the scene and into the next.
- Fixed issue with equip screen item filtering.
- Fixed issue with installing upgraded cyberware on individual locations of a pair.
- Fixed issue with hiring screen adding incorrect selected runner.
- Fixed a slew of typos.
- Fixed cases in conversation where attribute or skill checks were applied incorrectly.
- Fixed character preview not showing 3D Character in some cases.
- Fixed bug where user could enter missions that require a decker without having any runners with a Cyberdeck.
- Fixed various issues with hiring Coyote.
- Work around some Steam Workshop upload timeout issues
- Editor: Changes to scene or story variables will refresh that variable in the scratchpad.

Known Issues
- We are investigating reports that some users are encountering problems downloading subscribed stories from Steam Workshop.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #70
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just finished this last night. It took me about 11 hours in total.

I have to say that this is pretty much exactly the game I expected when I put down my $15 to back it. A fun, throw back to the older RPGs. Some decent writing, turn-based combat, Shadowrun goodness.

I am excited to see what the Berlin DLC will bring.

I didn't mind that it was very linear. I kind of expected it.

I did have a few issues.

I took a street samurai. My build was very simple. I had four stats that were very high and that's pretty much it: Body (for hit points and damage reduction), Quickness (for better accuracy), ranged combat and rifle. I had a few ranks in dodge, a few in throwing for gernades and a few in charisma.

I played around with various other types of Shadowrunners in my adventures: deckers, riggers, mages, shamans, other street samurai. Combat-wise, I didn't find any builds that really compared to mine. I am not sure if it was because my PC had more skills, but not attack ever really seemed as a effect as the assault rifle's full auto. I could kill most guys with one shot (2 aps) and then had a left over ap for re-loading or taking another shot.

Any time I took a rigger or mage/shaman, I just kept thinking how much more useful it would be to have another street samurai. I think it's good to have a mage/shaman as a support character.

It just seemed to be a lack of balance. Then again, it's just possible I didn't explore other options enough and just got caught in one, of many possible, effective ruts. I do feel like I could have put every point of karma I had into body, quickness, ranged combat and rifle and never be the worse for ware because of it.

My one regret was getting the cyber-eyes instead of the data jack thing. My other cyberware was the legs because they offered +1 quickness and 8 hit points, which I kind of felt like was almost giving you +1 body as well.

Some more spoiler-type stuff:

Spoiler
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #71
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, just to do an update:

So, I won the Shadowrun Returns Hackathon contest at GenCon, which means my module may be put up by HBS at some point (if not, I have the files so when I get home, I'll see about posting it up)

4 hours is NOT a ton of time to build a module from scratch (even with the rules we were given (a pre-made map,a selection pre-made runners, etcetera) so I went with a straight forward shoot em up/knock em down idea.. which apparently was the best strategy, as building nested triggers and conversations delayed a lot of the competitors)

The judges said that it felt like Shadowrun, taking on the baddies and mowing them down.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #72
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Foz, congrats. Would love to play it!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #73
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I just finished this last night. It took me about 11 hours in total.

I have to say that this is pretty much exactly the game I expected when I put down my $15 to back it. A fun, throw back to the older RPGs. Some decent writing, turn-based combat, Shadowrun goodness.

I am excited to see what the Berlin DLC will bring.

I didn't mind that it was very linear. I kind of expected it.

I did have a few issues.

I took a street samurai. My build was very simple. I had four stats that were very high and that's pretty much it: Body (for hit points and damage reduction), Quickness (for better accuracy), ranged combat and rifle. I had a few ranks in dodge, a few in throwing for gernades and a few in charisma.

I played around with various other types of Shadowrunners in my adventures: deckers, riggers, mages, shamans, other street samurai. Combat-wise, I didn't find any builds that really compared to mine. I am not sure if it was because my PC had more skills, but not attack ever really seemed as a effect as the assault rifle's full auto. I could kill most guys with one shot (2 aps) and then had a left over ap for re-loading or taking another shot.

Any time I took a rigger or mage/shaman, I just kept thinking how much more useful it would be to have another street samurai. I think it's good to have a mage/shaman as a support character.

It just seemed to be a lack of balance. Then again, it's just possible I didn't explore other options enough and just got caught in one, of many possible, effective ruts. I do feel like I could have put every point of karma I had into body, quickness, ranged combat and rifle and never be the worse for ware because of it.

My one regret was getting the cyber-eyes instead of the data jack thing. My other cyberware was the legs because they offered +1 quickness and 8 hit points, which I kind of felt like was almost giving you +1 body as well.

Some more spoiler-type stuff:

Spoiler

I echo your thoughts almost exactly.

I played a Decker, and ended up with a split of about 5 skills - Decking, Charisma (wanted more dialogue options), Body, Assault Rifles. I didn't max anything. Riggers seemed useless. Mages/Shaman seemed like they were only good if you could find the Ley Lines. I never got to check out an adept. And all of the other Deckers were garbage in the Matrix compared to my character. My augments ended up being the Eyes, the Armored body and one of the legs.

As for the story, I loved it. It was definitely too easy, but then again I wasn't playing it for difficulty. Thoughts on specifics:

Spoiler
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #74
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So, just to do an update:

So, I won the Shadowrun Returns Hackathon contest at GenCon, which means my module may be put up by HBS at some point (if not, I have the files so when I get home, I'll see about posting it up)

4 hours is NOT a ton of time to build a module from scratch (even with the rules we were given (a pre-made map,a selection pre-made runners, etcetera) so I went with a straight forward shoot em up/knock em down idea.. which apparently was the best strategy, as building nested triggers and conversations delayed a lot of the competitors)

The judges said that it felt like Shadowrun, taking on the baddies and mowing them down.

Congrats, that is awesome! Can't wait to give it a shot.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #75
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah I may have to restart the campaign over again. Keep getting stuck on the end battles and I think it might be because shaman is too weak a PC class to have at the end-game.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #76
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW.. The funny thing.. The trophy was officer McLusky on a wooden base. I promised to give it the treatment it deserved....:-)
Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #77
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just finished, it took right around 12 hours for me, It didn't feel like it.

Now it's time to play on some DLC...
Old 01-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #78
MikeVic
Head Coach

Played this over the holidays and just beat it today. Never played the old version or read the books, etc... but this was a pretty awesome game. Nice story, fun combat. Looking forward to the DLC that's apparently coming out later this month!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #79
Groundhog
Coordinator

I haven't touched it since I finished it, but I played it pretty much non-stop until I did. Also looking forward to the DLC.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:41 AM   #80
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There was some mods that were decent, but things seem to have slowed down waiting for Dragonfall.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #81
Grover
Pro Starter

Just got into this last night. First couple of hours flew right by. Just got Coyote back, but early on I love the feel of the game.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #82
Dutch
"Dutch"

First trip with my Surface....and I've got FOF7 and Shadowrun...enjoying Shadowrun while suffering from near perpetual jetlag.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #83
Grover
Pro Starter

Really liking it. Got through the first major part, killing the ripper and finding out who is behind it all, heading to that building next. A shame work has to cut in.

Do any of you have favorite builds? Do you start with the presets? I went with a blank build, kind of doing my own thing.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #84
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall is out.

Pretty nice, a bit more branching then DMS, and tougher then DMS too (I had to restart two missions several times, and I figured out a trick to deal with one of them.

I'll wait till later to talk about a bit of the story that is REALLY good and really has me wondering.