Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #51
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I think that's a fair and probably correct opinion. Watt is insanely good.

Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #52
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I'll give you two options here, and with all sincerity, I don't care which one you pick. After that post, I...

A.) ...knocked my chair over and stormed off in a fit of rage, cursing under my breath. Then I kicked my dog, yelled at my kid, quit my job, and bought a handgun. I'm loading it...right now.

or

B.) ...continued living my very nice life, with absolutely zero emotional residue from a post on the interwebs.

JJ Watt has really got you fired up!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Watt is the only defensive player in the league right now, that I think you could make a GOAT argument for.

Now, I'm not a Watt-fan. Heck, I';m a fan of a division rival in the jaguars. So that's with some chagrin. But I have to admit it. I;m not the sort of fan to use that language often. I know when to give accolades.

Sure, he could pull a Tony Boselli and get injured or something. But if he doesn;t...

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #54
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
JJ Watt has really got you fired up!

I had no idea Watt got traded to Seattle
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #55
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #56
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

What does that have to do with the refs screwing the 49ers?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:00 AM   #57
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

You guys really boil my potatoes!
Old 10-12-2014, 01:15 AM   #58
mrtourette
High School JV

Quote:
I'll give you two options here, and with all sincerity, I don't care which one you pick. After that post, I...

A.) ...knocked my chair over and stormed off in a fit of rage, cursing under my breath. Then I kicked my dog, yelled at my kid, quit my job, and bought a handgun. I'm loading it...right now.

or

B.) ...continued living my very nice life, with absolutely zero emotional residue from a post on the interwebs.

My money's on A
mrtourette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #59
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
You guys really boil my potatoes!

The ever-elusive and often forgotten Option C...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #60
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It's a good time to be a fan of the NFL. We get to see the best young defensive player in Watt, best defensive back in Sherman, best young quarterback in Wilson all with plenty of time left in their career while we still have the old guard of Brady and Manning.

(just ignore the off field stuff going on if you really want to appreciate this era...)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #61
Thomkal
Head Coach

Carson Palmer likely to start today against the Redskins thank the gods, but still a gametime decision. Stanton has passed concussion protocol tests, and is cleared to play, but may not have enough reps to start over Logan Thomas if Palmer cannot play.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #62
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
It's a good time to be a fan of the NFL. We get to see the best young defensive player in Watt, best defensive back in Sherman, best young quarterback in Wilson all with plenty of time left in their career while we still have the old guard of Brady and Manning.

(just ignore the off field stuff going on if you really want to appreciate this era...)

Not to beat a dead horse, but I will, I don't think Wilson is the clear #1 young QB in the league considering the shear difference in talent levels between Seattle and Indy. Now, if you want to correlate Brady to Wilson and Manning to Luck, then by all means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Carson Palmer likely to start today against the Redskins thank the gods, but still a gametime decision. Stanton has passed concussion protocol tests, and is cleared to play, but may not have enough reps to start over Logan Thomas if Palmer cannot play.

I'm pretty sure I've had enough reps to start over Logan.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #63
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Did they change who can air what conference games this year? Buffalo vs New England is on fox?

Does this have something to do with the whole flex game pick schedule thing they started a few years ago and fox decided to take this game away from cbs or something?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Figure the Jets to screw up like that after getting some strong momentum

Old 10-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #65
mckerney
Coordinator

Lions defense doing a number on Bridgewater so far.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #66
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Did they change who can air what conference games this year? Buffalo vs New England is on fox?

Does this have something to do with the whole flex game pick schedule thing they started a few years ago and fox decided to take this game away from cbs or something?

I thought that started (at was at least around last year) where in certain weeks networks can pick games from other conference.

EDIT: Nevermind, this says it's done for the first time this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...e-moves-to-fox

Last edited by mckerney : 10-12-2014 at 12:53 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #67
MikeVic
Head Coach

So uhh, barely the start of the 2nd quarter and already five td passes for flacco.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #68
cuervo72
Head Coach

OMGWTFBaltimore
Old 10-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #69
TroyF
Coordinator

When Tampa decides not to show up, they REALLY decide not to show up.

Broncos struggling against the Jets. The Jets front has been incredibly strong and is forcing Manning to move move than he wants. It's really strange to watch this team. They are struggling. Penalties, a few bad breaks, great pressure by the Jets, . . yet you look up and they have over 200 yards in the half, 17 points and a ten point lead.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #70
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Whisenhunt should be fired for not using Sankey more.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #71
TroyF
Coordinator

I haven't seen a lot of the Jets this year. Good lord, this team is bad. They clearly have one of the best defensive lines in the league. It is truly dominant. I'm struggling to find another single position they are above average on.

QB, no. RB, no. Offensive line, no. WR, not really. TE, ok, MAYBE average. DL, dominant, LB and DB - HAHAHAHA

The last Broncos drive the Jets got away with a clear face mask. One play later, one of their guys cheap shots a Broncos after the play and gives Denver first and goal anyway.

The Broncos, as an organization, should feel ashamed they trailed against this football team for even a second.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #72
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At some point Jim Caldwell will figure out he shouldn't be kicking FGs.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #73
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

At some point the Bucs will figure out they shouldn't have hired Lovie Smith.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #74
Thomkal
Head Coach

Nice to see Cleveland break their losing streak against Pitt. Not so good to see Buffalo fail again against NE. Jets you had better not come back and beat Denver or I will curse you soundly (Denver was my survival pick)
Old 10-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #75
Thomkal
Head Coach

After my beloved Cards wasn't sure who was going to be their starting QB this week, all three are active for the game and Palmer will start.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The jets have just stolen momentum in the last few minutes

Old 10-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Nice to see Cleveland break their losing streak against Pitt. Not so good to see Buffalo fail again against NE. Jets you had better not come back and beat Denver or I will curse you soundly (Denver was my survival pick)

This is one of the main reasons I dropped fantasy football long ago. I don't like to root for unnatural things. I don't want to root for Andre Johnson when he plays against the Jaguars, or for a Cowboys player ever. I can just root for the teams that I want to win and move on.

So let's go JETS!

Old 10-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #78
kingfc22
Head Coach

Jags so close, but no.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #79
Thomkal
Head Coach

18 penalties and counting in CIN/CAR
Old 10-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #80
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
This is one of the main reasons I dropped fantasy football long ago. I don't like to root for unnatural things. I don't want to root for Andre Johnson when he plays against the Jaguars, or for a Cowboys player ever. I can just root for the teams that I want to win and move on.

So let's go JETS!

Note: I haven't played fantasy football in a couple of years due to severe time restrictions.

The comment above is one I heard repeatedly over the years. I never, ever, ever, even if it was the Super Bowl of my fantasy league, cheered for anything but the team I wanted to win.

I tried to do fantasy with my brain and cheer with my heart. If the Broncos were playing the Packers and I had Aaron Rodgers, I hope Aaron throws 12 INT's, gets sacked 34 times and throws for 64 yards. Why I liked fantasy was because a game with two teams I had no interest in suddenly became interesting.Bills/Dolphins December tilt? If my opponent has CJ Spiller, it's interesting.

I'll get back into fantasy when the time allows. i hope sometime next year. Would love to get back into baseball this april, but I don't know if time will allow it yet.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Note: I haven't played fantasy football in a couple of years due to severe time restrictions.

The comment above is one I heard repeatedly over the years. I never, ever, ever, even if it was the Super Bowl of my fantasy league, cheered for anything but the team I wanted to win.

I tried to do fantasy with my brain and cheer with my heart. If the Broncos were playing the Packers and I had Aaron Rodgers, I hope Aaron throws 12 INT's, gets sacked 34 times and throws for 64 yards. Why I liked fantasy was because a game with two teams I had no interest in suddenly became interesting.Bills/Dolphins December tilt? If my opponent has CJ Spiller, it's interesting.

I'll get back into fantasy when the time allows. i hope sometime next year. Would love to get back into baseball this april, but I don't know if time will allow it yet.

Obviously with everyone it's different, but yeah, I was conflicted by it. It's hard for me to root for one team to win but the other to have their RB get more than 100 rushing yards and a pair of TDs.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-12-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #82
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Love that fake spike.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #83
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jesus, I could have thrown that to Quarless
Old 10-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #84
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Fuck football. I hate it.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #85
Thomkal
Head Coach

Aaron Rodgers with an incredible final drive to win the game-connected on 4th and 10 then a fake spike to get another first down. Scores with 3 seconds left.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #86
TroyF
Coordinator

Denver with a brain cramp. I'm all about going for the win. Be aggressive and end the game if you have a chance.

Yet, why on Earth with a minute left, would you throw the ball and stop the clock when the Jets don't have a time out. You could have ran it down to 30 seconds or so. Instead give the Jets a minute after the incompletion. It doesn't matter, because the Jets can't protect the QB to save their lives, but that was stupid.

Denver INT, game over.

Denver has this nasty habit of outplaying teams and still allowing them to stay in the game.

ONe note so people know it's really me: The reffing in this game was beyond horrible in favor of the Jets. Missed face mask penalties, a safety late that should have been called and wasn't, Jets Oline getting torched repeatedly but never once called for a hold. . . It was beyond one sided. The Jets just don't have the ability to make that type of thing mean anything.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #87
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Fuck football. I hate it.

I'm like, someone should mark quarless. Geez that guy really doesn't wanna get out there and mark Quarless. Unsurprisingly he's open by about 5 feet

Then I thought of how mad Kodos probably is.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #88
Radii
Head Coach

Miami ran up the middle on 3rd and 9 with 2:55'ish left instead of trying a pass play for the first down that would have ended the game (Green Bay was out of timeouts). Why in the world would you choose to run 40 seconds off the clock but still give the ball back to Green Bay with 2 minutes left instead of trying to seal the game?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Don;t look now, but is anyone else reminded a bit of the Breees/Rivers Chargers era with the Browns and Hoyer/Manziel stuff? Underappreciated QB who plays well is threatened by a 1st rounder with a lot of press and responds by elevating his game?

Old 10-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #90
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Miami ran up the middle on 3rd and 9 with 2:55'ish left instead of trying a pass play for the first down that would have ended the game (Green Bay was out of timeouts). Why in the world would you choose to run 40 seconds off the clock but still give the ball back to Green Bay with 2 minutes left instead of trying to seal the game?

Cause you're a shitty coach
Old 10-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #91
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

So let's go JETS!

I have not played regular fantasy football for a few years now, but I understand the conflct there. Hard to root against my beloved Cards when they are playing against my team.

As for the Jets, they are my twin brother's favorite team, so I love to see them struggle And I see Geno Smith just gave up a pic-6 to end the game there
Old 10-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #92
Radii
Head Coach

Overtime in Cinci!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #93
Jas_lov
College Starter

With all the talk of Watt, Wilson, Sherman it's Aaron Rodgers who reminds us why he's still the best player in the league. Packers are a 3 win team without him.

Joe Philbin made a grave error running on 3rd and 9 with 2:50 left to drain 40 seconds off the clock rather than trying to get the first down and end the game. Getting the first down would mean Rodgers never gets the ball back. Packers were also without their top 2 corners.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #94
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
With all the talk of Watt, Wilson, Sherman it's Aaron Rodgers who reminds us why he's still the best player in the league. Packers are a 3 win team without him.

Joe Philbin made a grave error running on 3rd and 9 with 2:50 left to drain 40 seconds off the clock rather than trying to get the first down and end the game. Getting the first down would mean Rodgers never gets the ball back. Packers were also without their top 2 corners.

You mean the guy that would have fumbled the victory away if not for a great heads up play by the lineman to jump on it?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I agree that the Packers, minus Rivers,would suck.

Just like the Colts did minus Manning, if you'll recall.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #96
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wait, Brady Quinn is a NFL analyst?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #97
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Wait, Brady Quinn is a NFL analyst?

If Matt Millen can be a paid analyst, anyone can.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #98
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nice special teams Dallas.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #99
Thomkal
Head Coach

ah there's the Dallas Cowboys we know and love. Punt blocked, run back for TD
Old 10-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #100
stevew