Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #51
Thomkal
Head Coach

Arizona stays alive against LA-Lafayette, Rice in total control, UCSB too. Texas Tech leads by 2.

First rain delay, as predicted its in Columbia. as of now Coastal is scheduled to play at 6 pm.

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #52
Thomkal
Head Coach

The delay in Columbia has turned into a postponement until tomorrow. Raleigh may join them, as the second game never got started. Could lead to pitching changes which is probably a good thing for Coastal. And hey its raining in Baton Rouge again, with Rice leading 13-0 in the 9th inning. Texas Tech has won their regional, and UCSB is about to.

Tomorrow does not look good for games in Columbia and Raleigh as Colin will still be hanging around. Should get some clearing in the afternoon, then rest of the week will be rain-free. (hopefully!)
Old 06-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #53
Thomkal
Head Coach

Rice moves on to play LSU in Baton Rouge. Coastal Carolina has started, not sure for how long they will play. But at least they got off to a good start, single to start the game, then a HR.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:56 PM   #54
Thomkal
Head Coach

well they made it to the 5th inning before rain chased them away in Raleigh. The pitcher I mentioned did well enough 2 ER in 4 innings and had been replaced before the rains came. LSU is underway in Baton Rouge, looks like they are a bit off after all the delays-down 3-1. That would be great for whomever gets out of Raleigh if they have to play another tomorrow. Arizona is looking to go 2 for 2 today leading 3-1 in the 6th.

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-06-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #55
Thomkal
Head Coach

They are back playing, and looks like the delay helped NC State more than Coastal. They lead 4-3 now in the 7th inning.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:18 AM   #56
Thomkal
Head Coach

Good news, Bad news for Coastal in the Raleigh regional.

Bad news: They are still playing in the top of the 9th before a final delay. NC State has extended the lead to 5-3, so it doesn't look good for the Chants.

Good news: The Chants have something going in the 9th. Top of the order came through. 1 out, but they have the bases loaded and are on their third NC State pitcher of the inning.

Bad news: They still may have to deal with the remains of Colin. Restarting at 2 pm, so that may be long enough for it to clear up and dry out. We'll see.

Good news too in that their opponent for the next round, still has a whole game to play in Baton Rouge. Columbia should also get cleared up today. Two SEC teams trying to stay alive against two "mid majors'."
Old 06-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #57
Butter
Coordinator

Coastal takes the lead!
Old 06-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #58
Thomkal
Head Coach

the Chants are still alive! They game has resumed, and they picked up another out, but a run scored. NC State then hit the batter, loading the bases again, and the next batter singled driving in two more runs, and now another has singled driving in a run too. 7-5 Chants! 3 outs away from moving on!

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-07-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:12 PM   #59
Butter
Coordinator

That two run single to give them the 6-5 lead was SO CLOSE to being caught, but it definitely looked like a trap.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #60
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Congrats, CC
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:22 PM   #61
Butter
Coordinator

Coastal got it done, now let's go Rice and UNCW.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #62
Thomkal
Head Coach

And it's over! 3 straight outs and the Chants move on to take on the winner of the Baton rouge regional (rooting for Rice now)
Old 06-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #63
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
That two run single to give them the 6-5 lead was SO CLOSE to being caught, but it definitely looked like a trap.

game was not on here, so can't comment on the trap. Shame on ESPN for not showing the end when they were already showing the South Carolina game.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #64
Butter
Coordinator

Well, trust me it was close. The NC State right fielder tried to sell it, but the 1B umpire was all over it and the replay they had showed it was a trap, though the NC State homer announcers said "it was tough to tell".
Old 06-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #65
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Well, trust me it was close. The NC State right fielder tried to sell it, but the 1B umpire was all over it and the replay they had showed it was a trap, though the NC State homer announcers said "it was tough to tell".

I'd be curious to see the play if its ever shown again.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #66
Thomkal
Head Coach

South Carolina is better than North Carolina in baseball, at least for today.
South Carolina moves on to the Super Regionals with a 10-5 win. the last game of the 1st round is underway now (no rain!) with Rice out to an early 2-0 lead.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:09 PM   #67
Thomkal
Head Coach

well Rice held LSU scoreless through 6 or 7 innings, but couldn't finish the deal. LSU will host Coastal Carolina in the Super Regionals.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #68
Thomkal
Head Coach

Regional action starts today with action in four cities:

Miami, Starksville, Lubbock, and College Station. Coastal Carolina starts tomorrow at 9 pm-glad they have an extra day off after the long series in Raleigh. Kinda think they should have all started on the same day, probably Friday, given the delays last week, but hopefully rain won't be as much of a factor for the Super Regionals. Good luck to "your" team if still alive (except LSU of course )
Old 06-10-2016, 06:33 PM   #69
Thomkal
Head Coach

well what do you know, rain delayed the start of the Miami super regional-shocking! Boston College is ahead early there, and no score yet in the Starkville Super Regional.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #70
Thomkal
Head Coach

Arizona, Miami, East Carolina, and TCU all winners and can lock up spots in the College World Series with wins today as all regionals play. And only two were stopped by rain yesterday!
Old 06-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #71
Thomkal
Head Coach

some regionals underway-of course not in Miami again where its storming. Too bad for BC there as they are leading in the 9th inning which would tie the series at one apiece if they win. UCSB has already won game #1 vs Louisville in a bit of a shocker, but they lost to a team in that conference in this round last year, so maybe not as much of a surprise. Feel bad for the Columbia regional-temps near 100 degrees all weekend.

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-11-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:04 PM   #72
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oklahoma St wins game 1 against South Carolina, as does Boston College in Miami finally. That series goes to a third game tomorrow. East Carolina has had several chances to win game 2 against Texas Tech and make their first college world series, but haven't been able to put the final nail in the coffin. Texas Tech has just gone ahead in 13th inning trying to stay alive.

Other games going on are either scoreless, and tied early on.

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-11-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #73
Thomkal
Head Coach

Texas Tech takes Game 2. Looks like Ole Miss will force Game 3, but not over yet. Florida State has a 3-run lead on Florida. 2 games start at 9pm.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:08 PM   #74
Thomkal
Head Coach

was looking good for Coastal early on. Got a solo HR to take an early lead in the second, and the starter was looking strong through 3...and then he wasn't. Gave up a 3-run HR in the 4th, another run in the 5th, and he's out of there. LSU's starter has also looked strong despite the two runs given up. Coastal has rallied in the 6th for another run and no outs yet.

Texas A & M is shutting out TCU right now and looking like they may even up their series. Florida State looked very strong with a complete game 2-hitter for their 1st win. Arizona becomes the first team to qualify for the World Series with 3 runs in the 8th, and another in the 9th to tie the game, before scoring the winning run in the 11th inning.

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-11-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #75
Thomkal
Head Coach

LSU's strong pitcher not looking strong now. two wild pitches leads to 2 Coastal runs so far this inning, and we have a tie ballgame. and now 5-4 inning not over
Old 06-11-2016, 10:34 PM   #76
Thomkal
Head Coach

LSU finally has to change pitchers. Gives up one run on a sac fly, then strikes out the next two. Coastal 6-4.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:51 PM   #77
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal has just hit back to back HR's in the 7th, still just one out. 9-4 Coastal and I think I can go to bed now because I don't want to see it if LSU comes back.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #78
Thomkal
Head Coach

well glad I went to bed because LSU did score more runs including three in the ninth off our elite closer, which is troubling. But Coastal scored some more as well and went on to win 11-8, and are now 1 win away from their first ever CWS. All but one regional will have games today (Arizona already qualified) including at least two game 3's.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #79
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow what a game in Louisville. Looked like Louisville was comfortably leading and would force a 3rd game tomorrow, 3-0. UCSB had other things in mind, like say their first trip to the CWS. Pinch hit grand slam HR to seal the deal! what a finish!

I would say Miami had a comfortable 9-3 lead over BC in their game 3, but after that game, no lead is comfortable. South Carolina/Okla State and East Carolina/Texas Tech underway now.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #80
MrBug708
Head Coach

What's going on with the Texas baseball position? It seems like they have a scarlet letter as far as coaching hiring
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #81
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow what a game in Louisville. Looked like Louisville was comfortably leading and would force a 3rd game tomorrow, 3-0. UCSB had other things in mind, like say their first trip to the CWS. Pinch hit grand slam HR to seal the deal! what a finish!

I would say Miami had a comfortable 9-3 lead over BC in their game 3, but after that game, no lead is comfortable. South Carolina/Okla State and East Carolina/Texas Tech underway now.

Proud day for this Gaucho!

Edit: What's crazy is that the pinch-hitter is a freshman who had one home run all year long. And Louisville was something like 47-0 this season leading after 8 innings.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 06-12-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #82
Thomkal
Head Coach

Miami wins easily and moves on to the CWS. Texas Tech has a big lead(6-0) on East Carolina, Oklahoma State leading South Carolina now (3-0)
Old 06-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #83
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Proud day for this Gaucho!

Edit: What's crazy is that the pinch-hitter is a freshman who had one home run all year long. And Louisville was something like 47-0 this season leading after 8 innings.

woohoo Vince! Those are some crazy stats. Hopefully we'll be cheering for Coastal too!
Old 06-12-2016, 04:33 PM   #84
Thomkal
Head Coach

oof, Texas Tech ahead 10-0. East Carolina must be pissed they let their first ever trip to the CWS slip through their fingers.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #85
Thomkal
Head Coach

South Carolina tried to do a UCSB, coming from 3 runs back in the 9th, but could only manage one run. After Oklahoma State beat two South Carolina teams, I want nothing to do with them if Coastal gets to the CWS

Florida and Florida State were supposed to start Game 2 of their series at 6 pm, but weather has kept them off the field so far. Two more games set to start at 9pm. So far none of the regionals will need a game tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #86
Thomkal
Head Coach

Florida and Florida State underway now, looks like Florida got a run in the first. Texas A&M also out to a 1-0 lead early. Bad news, good news for Coastal. Their 2B, who went 4 for 4 in Game 1 got hurt in that game with a knee injury and did not start game 2. Good news-they may not need him. Out to a 2-0 lead in the 1st already.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #87
Thomkal
Head Coach

3-2 Coastal in the 7th now. Close games too for Florida and the Texas teams (tied). Coastal's starter will likely come out next time.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #88
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Go Coastal!
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #89
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
TCU takes out Texas A&M
Old 06-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #90
Thomkal
Head Coach

3 outs away from the World Series, had a lead all game. Both teams got out of a bases-loaded jam in the 8th inning. Then an error on what should have been a routine grounder, and that was the beginning of disaster for Coastal Carolina. Tying run across and no outs yet.

TCU makes it to the CWS and Florida forces a game 3 with Florida State.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #91
cartman
Death Herald

Congrats, CC!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #92
Thomkal
Head Coach

and just like that its over in the bottom of the 9th. Leadoff hitter-fastest guy on the team draws a walk steals second, next guy up chops a ball over the 3rd baseman, runner was doing a hit and run and comes all the way around to score!

Hello CWS Coastal Carolina!

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-12-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:50 PM   #93
Thomkal
Head Coach

Can I go to bed now?
Old 06-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #94
Butter
Coordinator

Congrats to Coastal Carolina. They've been fun to watch so far.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #95
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

My college baseball interest usually last from the start of conference tourneys until Clemson's season ends.

But this Coastal team really has my attention. Largely influenced because my SIL graduated from Coastal last year and there is currently a ton of mutual interest between them and my son as a possible college destination.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #96
Thomkal
Head Coach

Glad I won't be alone in cheering for them in the CWS.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #97
Thomkal
Head Coach

Florida/Florida State is in a weather delay-shocking! Must be killing those guys so close to getting to the CWS.

Speaking of the CWS, pairings were announced today even though they don't have one team yet.

College World Series: Opening round pairings and game times announced | NCAA.com

Not happy Coastal may have to face #1 seed Florida in their first game-kinda pulling for Florida State to win tonight I guess.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #98
Thomkal
Head Coach

Game about to start
Old 06-13-2016, 09:54 PM   #99
Thomkal
Head Coach

Looking like Florida is going to survive here. 6-0 in the 6th
Old 06-14-2016, 06:34 AM   #100
Thomkal
Head Coach

Florida moves on 7-0 (gulp!) Bring on the Gators!