Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2003, 12:46 PM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

mckerney gets my vote for post of the month, quite possible post of the year.

on the other hand ...
Quote:
Does SkyDog ever cover Carly Simon?

The thought of anyone "covering" Carly Simon just cost me my appetite. I'm not sure what level of ugly she actually is, there's not many opportunities to go that far down the scale.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:34 PM   #52
Franklinnoble
Banned

What do boxers or boxer-briefs have to do with getting your wife pregnant?

Color me stupid... I wear boxer-briefs all the time, and I managed to get my wife knocked up.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:48 PM   #53
JeeberD
General Manager

Sperm can't develop properly if the temp is too hot (prime development temp is about 2-3 degrees below body temp). That's why the testes are located where they are (away from the body) instead of being inside the body. Some people have problems with fertility when wearing briefs since they keep the testes nice and snug up against the body, and therefore above prime development temperature...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:00 PM   #54
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD
Sperm can't develop properly if the temp is too hot (prime development temp is about 2-3 degrees below body temp). That's why the testes are located where they are (away from the body) instead of being inside the body. Some people have problems with fertility when wearing briefs since they keep the testes nice and snug up against the body, and therefore above prime development temperature...

Well, then... it appears my sperm are quite formidable.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:39 PM   #55
sabotai
General Manager

Not just formidable...dare I say, COLOSSAL!?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 02:58 PM   #56
kid_dynamite
Mascot

boxers, never tried boxer briefs though...
Old 05-12-2003, 03:05 PM   #57
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
Not just formidable...dare I say, COLOSSAL!?

We'll wait until the baby arrives (late October) until we apply the coveted "Colossal" tag... then again, I'm sure my wife wants nothing to do with delivering a "Colossal" baby.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:08 PM   #58
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
We'll wait until the baby arrives (late October) until we apply the coveted "Colossal" tag... then again, I'm sure my wife wants nothing to do with delivering a "Colossal" baby.

With your excrement fixation, I am surprised that you managed to knock her up at all. You sure she is not just constipated?

Last edited by Fritz : 05-12-2003 at 03:09 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 03:09 PM   #59
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, then... it appears my sperm are quite formidable.

Yea, but what about your hattrick team?
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:36 PM   #60
Mountain
Mascot

You know I thought of a new birth control device. Fur lined scrotum bags. Keep everthing nice and toasty warm and keep the sperm production low. . . .The only problem is sewing the really little ones to test on the rats first.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:39 PM   #61
ljha1
n00b

Its a little hard to believe only three girls have been in this board. They are missing out on soooo much.

You can all ask me all those things you ahve been dying to ask someone and I can answer for you. This will be fun, I can give you the inside knowledge that only girls have! ha ha.

Firstly can I just stress one point, very very very important: you can wear boxers but DONT DONT DONT wear boxers with stupid cartoons on them. (that is TRA-GIC!) No smiley faces, no rino's, no santa claus with big sacks, no cartoons!! Same goes for ties. I cannot tell you how important that is!

Now, I do like football, I have never seen a baseball game in my life and struggle to understand what those uniforms are about. Love soccer, mad fan of Mancheter United - particularly David Beckham (oh I'd die for him) - hate science fiction - thats common amoungst girls though, no room for silver lipstick in my bathroom! Don't know what coding a text-sim means, have no significant other but my brother is a n FOFC regular, no boy trouble, don't know who Trent Green is, but I have met..... argh, no haven't met anyone famous. Have I? No, definately haven't met anyone famous.

Now back to my assignment:
Its a funny old concept, men are supposed to be uncommunicative and yet they dominate cyberspace. Some theories say it is because woman are scared of electricity (power tools etc! - although we like ovens and microwaves). Others say it is because of power. Men were happy with woman being allowed to use the typewritter but when computer's were developed they decided that they would dominate them. Other's say its because there is such a big "nerd culture" of boys. - Can I just say, i don't agree with these theories. One thing I have been introduced to at Varsity is the concept of male-bashing feminism - & and dont like it!!

Personally I think its because women just LOVE TALKING and prefer to pick up the phone. Also I think woman communicate on a more personal level, ie spill their stories whereas men prefer to talk about.....football and tell jokes!! As such, woman are a little timid of getting on the internet and talking about their favourite topics, love, sex, lies and gossip!

Perhaps you have more female lurkers than you are aware of. How long has FOC been going for? How many people participate.

"entering a computer lab at university is for many female students just about the same as entering the men's changing room at a major sporting event."

keep talking boys!
Old 05-12-2003, 04:44 PM   #62
Easy Mac

Its been around for about 3 or 4 years, and we probably have near 200 active members
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:49 PM   #63
kid_dynamite
Mascot

"You can all ask me all those things you ahve been dying to ask someone and I can answer for you."

wow she is bold to go here
Old 05-12-2003, 05:06 PM   #64
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ljha1
You can all ask me all those things you ahve been dying to ask someone and I can answer for you. This will be fun, I can give you the inside knowledge that only girls have! ha ha.

Does size really matter?
Old 05-12-2003, 05:11 PM   #65
ljha1
n00b

I assume we are talking about the size of your wallet?
Old 05-12-2003, 05:27 PM   #66
Kodos
Resident Alien

Welcome to FOFC. Perhaps you can become the Ann Landers of FOFC and start your own advice thread?

Oh, and the last thing I would ever expect to see on this board is a female. It's kind of like our own little Augusta here.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 05:37 PM   #67
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Firstly can I just stress one point, very very very important: you can wear boxers but DONT DONT DONT wear boxers with stupid cartoons on them. (that is TRA-GIC!) No smiley faces, no rino's, no santa claus with big sacks, no cartoons!!

There goes my chance of hooking up with a random New Zealander that I met on the internet. That's been my dream for so so long, too . . .

Of course, whenever I feel sad over not being able to hook up with a random New Zealander , I just look at my cartoon boxers and I get happy again

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 05-13-2003 at 08:44 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 05:47 PM   #68
Samdari
Roster Filler

OK, I have to know.

Does cocky and funny REALLY work.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:00 PM   #69
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ouch. No smart remarks. Just ouch
Old 05-12-2003, 06:20 PM   #70
lurker
High School JV

I don't know, I would say you would have more success testing your theory that people will assume you're a guy on a board that has more than 3 female posters. I mean, since there are hardly any women, it would make sense that no one would guess you are one, even if you did things like thank them for answering a question (I don't even know if that's a female tendency).

On other message boards I go to, it's about 50/50 men and women, and for the most part, it's pretty difficult to guess the gender of posters, and in discussions it's come up that most people assume that you are the same gender as them unless told otherwise.

Oh, and speaking as one of the other female posters, I gotta warn you that everyone will forget you're a girl, and every time it comes up, they'll all be shocked all over again. If my boyfriend is any indication, text sim guys remember insane details about whatever career they've got going, but forget everything else
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:39 PM   #71
Kodos
Resident Alien

Wink

Lurker is a girl?!?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:43 PM   #72
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

New Zealand has to be the most beautiful place on Earth...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:52 PM   #73
Franklinnoble
Banned

I think ljha1 is just HornsManiac in disguise.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:54 PM   #74
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
With your excrement fixation, I am surprised that you managed to knock her up at all. You sure she is not just constipated?

Quite sure... unless a blocked set of bowels can imitate the sound of a fetal heartbeat and keep Aunt Flo away for 4 months straight.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:55 PM   #75
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
Yea, but what about your hattrick team?

Wretched, at best.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:05 PM   #76
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeeberD

actually, just so you all know the boxers / briefs sperm thing is a big, fat MYTH

that said, I am a 100% boxer guy
Old 05-12-2003, 08:08 PM   #77
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

oh, and I wear some of the silliest looking boxers ever - today are the traditional "heart boxers". I have polar bear boxers, dalmation-with-a-santa-claus hat boxers, boxers with ants on them, boxers with hot peppers on 'em. I've got 'em all.

of course, I'm married so I don't have to worry about getting any.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:30 PM   #78
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Yeah, but you didn't answer Samdari's question. Let me see, how did he phrase it..?

Quote:
What kind of undrwear do you prefer ljha1? Briefs? Thong? Bikini? None? (Dear god please, let it be none!)

Yeah, that was the question....

Old 05-12-2003, 09:39 PM   #79
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I assume we are talking about the size of your wallet?

Um no, not really.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:00 PM   #80
mckerney
Coordinator

Well, from all the emails I've been getting lately, if you have a big wallet you're just one step away from a big cock.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:42 PM   #81
tucker342
Pro Starter

hahahahahaha, that was great!!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:49 PM   #82
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by mckerney
So you're a girl, eh?

Alright, you can do this. Just remember cocky and funny. You have to be cocky and funny. Ok, now you can do this...

I think you'll notice my hattrick team is quite formidable, along with a few other things...

Oohhh yeah...

I bet you were up all night thinking that one up

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:29 AM   #83
bbor
Pro Starter

This thread REALLY does make Robin Williams joke seem true....God gave males 2 heads...but only enough blood to use one at a time

Did anyone ever think...perhap LJ is really a GUY??....Reverse phycology to see what the reaction would be to a girl on this forum that is actually a guy?

There is another female that lurks in the Hattie forum....Ally is her name.....and she's a real looker...and sassy too

Her only problem is that she is a Sabres fan

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:45 AM   #84
Ally
Mascot

Heyyyyyyyyy! I think it's time to schedule a friendly against hte bbors and see how many players I can put on IR.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:54 AM   #85
sabotai
General Manager

"Did anyone ever think...perhap LJ is really a GUY??....Reverse phycology to see what the reaction would be to a girl on this forum that is actually a guy?"

Wh...ug...You just blew my mind.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:06 AM   #86
JeeberD
General Manager

Better than blowing your wad for a guy...

Old 05-13-2003, 01:57 AM   #87
kiwiLB57
H.S. Freshman Team

(clears throat)

Quote:
Did anyone ever think...perhap LJ is really a GUY??....Reverse phycology to see what the reaction would be to a girl on this forum that is actually a guy?

LJ is not a guy...

Quote:
I think ljha1 is just HornsManiac in disguise.

Mum will be devastated if this is true...

kiwiDE57

"the run it at da white boy philosophy will not xsist wif out.... da white boys"

Amen
kiwiLB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:01 AM   #88
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow, he doesn't care that we're asking his sister what kind of underwear she has (among other things)...

What kind of big brother are you?

Old 05-13-2003, 02:16 AM   #89
kiwiLB57
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Wow, he doesn't care that we're asking his sister what kind of underwear she has (among other things)...

The kind that introduced her to this board in the first place to help her with her assignment!

And the kind that knows his sister quite well and is quite confident in her ability to kick your ass!

kiwiDE57

"the run it at da white boy philosophy will not xsist wif out.... da white boys"

Amen
kiwiLB57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:38 AM   #90
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Airhog
I bet you were up all night thinking that one up

No, I got to bed around 3:00, 3:30.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:45 AM   #91
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
i thought the only women in NZ were sheep
Old 05-13-2003, 01:47 PM   #92
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
i thought the only women in NZ were sheep

Would this stop you ?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 01:55 PM   #93
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
Would this stop you ?

Sadly, it would only encourage him to travel there.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:25 PM   #94
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

why would I want foreign sheep when there good domestic ones to be had (like marm's momma)?

So many sheep, so little time....
Old 05-13-2003, 04:11 PM   #95
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

At my old school (the University of New Orleans), our biggest project in the first year of communications studies was reading the big ass text book to find out the Israeli equivalent of Big Bird.

Actually, they didn't start making communications majors learn that until my second year at UNO, so I never had that experience. Unfortunately, as a freshman, I learned far more than I ever needed to know about Felix the Cat. There's a reason that we refer to UNO as the University of No Opportunity.

Go Privateers!
Old 05-13-2003, 04:49 PM   #96
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Pumpy Tudors
There's a reason that we refer to UNO as the University of No Opportunity.

Also known as Lakefront High.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:54 PM   #97
ljha1
n00b

Dear Samdari,

I would love to tell you all about my underwear preferences, along with a list of other personal and intimate secrets. However, I cant do that. My brother is an FOF member, he was here first - and there are things you just don't need to know about your little sister!!!

But I can say, I think young girls all wear Gs.

Whilst the new generation are mimimalists................none's no fun.

Shit, late for a lecture, must dash, more later!
Old 05-13-2003, 04:59 PM   #98
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Dear Samdari,

I would love to tell you all about my underwear preferences, along with a list of other personal and intimate secrets. However, I cant do that. My brother is an FOF member, he was here first - and there are things you just don't need to know about your little sister!!!

But I can say, I think young girls all wear Gs.

Whilst the new generation are mimimalists................none's no fun.

Shit, late for a lecture, must dash, more later!

I can just see kiwiLB57 running around with his sister's eyepatch saying, "Arrrgh! I'm a pirate!"
Old 05-13-2003, 05:03 PM   #99
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
I can just see kiwiLB57 running around with his sister's eyepatch saying, "Arrrgh! I'm a pirate!"

as long as he doesn't go HARRRRRRRR!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 05:05 PM   #100
JeeberD
General Manager

Thanks Fritz. I was going limp...