Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2007, 06:16 AM   #51
Izulde
Head Coach

PG Tim Moungey playing for the Kanazawa Timberwolves in Japan's Honor League Four, Fourth Division in Japan.

We're #23 of 24 teams and there's two PGs on the roster, including me.

The team's CPU controlled and the PG and I both have the same value, so I'm hoping we'll split the PT.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #52
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Richard Weed is in the Hillbillies in Australia.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #53
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Droppen Dymes is a 6'2" PG from Norway playing on the top ranked team in the 7th division out of 7 in Norway. There's another PG on my team with the same rating, so it will be interesting to see how much playing time I get in the first game.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #54
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
How many minutes did he play? I noticed on the team I'm on that one of our SF had 48 minutes, another had 24 minutes, assuming he split at either PG or SG based on other minutes played on the team.

He played 30 some minutes, so yeah, we musta been at different positions.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #55
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
WTF??

I went to check on myself and my team now has just 5 players on the roster- and I'm not one of them.

Anyone else have that happen?

I just logged in and saw this note
"Team: NO TEAM YET, PLEASE DRAFT YOURSELF BY CLICKING HERE."

Check your player's homepage under "New Today" and see if you have something like this:
"You have been released by the Phoenix Firehawks and paid the clause of the contract" (which, of course, was $0)

edit to add: So I get myself re-drafted, picking a few countries with the fewest active players as my top priorities. I end up with my third choice (Norway & Sweden were first), so I'm playing in Bahrain for a team in League 2.

Interesting roster - computer managed, 1 Center, 4 PF's, 0 SF's, 0 PG's, and 3 SG's (my position).
And three of those eight players are NPC's. I'm slotted as the backup SG but hope to get some minutes at the point since dribbling & passing at two of my highest rated skills.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-13-2007 at 09:53 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:53 AM   #56
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
If you buy equipment, can you later sell it and if so, is the sales price discounted from what you purchased it at?
By the looks of it, yes, and yes.

Last edited by rjolley : 10-13-2007 at 10:13 AM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #57
MrBug708
Head Coach

How do you check to see if your team is selling players?

I was picked up by a team that has 4 PG's and only a combined 4 forwards/centers. (This includes SF in that total)

Last edited by MrBug708 : 10-13-2007 at 10:29 AM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #58
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Well in his First Game
C Shaq Wannabeme had 6 points on 2 of 9 shooting.
0/3 in 3s (WTF they are set to 0)
2/4 of FT (see there Oneal)
1 Steal
and lead all players with 7 assists
and committed 4 fouls
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #59
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Looks like I got cut, too.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #60
hawk4669
High School JV

Had my second game in the Latvian league today.

SG McGawk clocks in with 20 minutes played, 13 points (with three three point buckets), 5 assists, 1 steal, and 1 defensive board. Career is starting solid here. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #61
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

LoL

6'3 PG Caylan Nicoll created and plays for the Murska Sobota Black Panthers in slovenia. haha
Old 10-13-2007, 05:04 PM   #62
JeeberD
General Manager

Didn't get any PT at all today... :\

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #63
heybrad
Norm!!!

Signed up as PF Val Cano, playing for Novi Shinobis. I'm in Division 6 in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:20 PM   #64
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I just logged in and saw this note
"Team: NO TEAM YET, PLEASE DRAFT YOURSELF BY CLICKING HERE."

Check your player's homepage under "New Today" and see if you have something like this:
"You have been released by the Phoenix Firehawks and paid the clause of the contract" (which, of course, was $0)

edit to add: So I get myself re-drafted, picking a few countries with the fewest active players as my top priorities. I end up with my third choice (Norway & Sweden were first), so I'm playing in Bahrain for a team in League 2.

Interesting roster - computer managed, 1 Center, 4 PF's, 0 SF's, 0 PG's, and 3 SG's (my position).
And three of those eight players are NPC's. I'm slotted as the backup SG but hope to get some minutes at the point since dribbling & passing at two of my highest rated skills.

Well, I guess we'll be seeing each other - I am in Bahrain League 2 as a PG on a team with 2 C's, 1 PF, 4 PG's, 1 SF, and 2 SG's... There is one clearly better PG and then 3 of us that are very similar.

Played around with some training, equipment, joined a 1-on-1 tournament..

3 daysish for my first game, that kind of stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #65
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Didn't get any PT at all today... :\
My squad played yours.

Got my first PT today. 23 min, 4 pts (2-7, 0-2 3pts, 0-2 ft), 1 block, 4 assists, 4 rebounds form the PF spot.

Nice assists from the post.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #66
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
and we're the 24th place team in a 24 team league in the 6th division of a 6 division country.

nice.
so . . . the end result of being on the worst team in the worst division of a small country is that the team is crappy. but you get playing time.

first game: 30 points on 6/15 from the floor and 5/10 from 3s, 8 boards, all defensive, 3 assists in 43:50 minutes.

disappointed in the shooting from mid-range but happy to get PT.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #67
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
so . . . the end result of being on the worst team in the worst division of a small country is that the team is crappy. but you get playing time.

first game: 30 points on 6/15 from the floor and 5/10 from 3s, 8 boards, all defensive, 3 assists in 43:50 minutes.

disappointed in the shooting from mid-range but happy to get PT.
Yeah, at this stage I think I'd prefer to be in that situation.. I don't know this game at all yet, but I would have to assume you'll improve more getting PT on a bad team than riding the pine on a good team.

I'm on the 23rd place team in the 2nd division of a poor league, but i'm worried about how many PG's we have. I'm hoping that with a couple of days before a game I can build up my ratings enough to get some PT.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #68
chinaski
College Prospect

Hank Chinaski, stuck on some CPU controlled team in Denmark and not getting minutes.
hxxp://www.cyberdunk.com/player.php?id=341485&n=Hank%20Chinaski
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #69
wade moore
lolzcat

Anyone know how you track the 1-on-1 tournaments? When they're played? etc?

Quote:
Old 10-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #70
daedalus
Pro Rookie

i can't seem to get into the stupid tournament. it says i'm on my free day in the 1-on-1 page but when i try to sign in, it says i'm busy. meh.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #71
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
i can't seem to get into the stupid tournament. it says i'm on my free day in the 1-on-1 page but when i try to sign in, it says i'm busy. meh.

It let me sign-up, I just don't know how I know what happens.. I guess I have to wait until Midnight CST, but when that happens what do i do?

Quote:
Old 10-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #72
sabotai
General Manager

I'll be seeing wade moore and JiMGA at some point since I'm in Bahrain League 2 as well.

The Ali Snakes lost to the al-Muharraq Slugs 90-104 in my debut. PG Halus Verenus had 10 points (2/3 FG, 2/3 3PT), had 1 steal and 5 assists. He had nearly 25 minutes of playing time.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #73
wade moore
lolzcat

I've been reading around on the boards some and it seems like a pretty decent little community.

I think starting an FOFC team would really rock, but I think we need to fully understand what we're doing first so we don't set ourselves up for failure. I'm not sure what happens if we start outclassing our league, etc.

I also imagine if we get any amount of popularity on FOFC we'll need more than one team as we probably already have too many for one team, and definitely too many if everyone wants PT.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #74
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

+1
Old 10-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #75
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It didn't improve their 14th position in the league table, but the Jidd Ĥafş Orcs routed the previously 8th place Jidd Ĥafş Whites 94-65.

A 39-35 halftime lead bloomed with a 19-0 run in the 3rd quarter and that was more than enough to put the game away.

Newcomer Rock Acewell didn't make an appearance until the 3rd quarter but finished with 23:57 PT, 9 pts, 1 blk, 1 assist, and 1 rebound.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:53 AM   #76
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
+1
i FINALLY got into the tournament. not sure what the difference is.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:09 AM   #77
Travis
Pro Rookie

For those discussing the 1 on 1 tourney, I think you have to wait until your game day is over (ie: the daily reset that controls when you can sign up for new training, not when your game that day ends) and your actual day off starts before you can sign up. So there is a few hour window between the end of the game and the end of the day where you can't sign up for the 1 on 1 tourney.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 AM   #78
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Update #1: I was, indeed, released. Went back in the draft and wound up in Italy, League 3. We won my first game. I had 19 points (thanks to 4/7 3-pointers as I suck at regular floor shooting), 8 rebounds and 5 assists. This was all in 3 quarters as I didn't even play in the fourth (stamina problem, maybe?).

Update #2: It appears, after reading in the thread from the team link Icy posted, I was in the fallout from something that could be a dealbreaker for buying a team. People cheat... alot. Seems people buy multiple teams, then drain all the assets and sell/send them to the one team they wish. This gives them lots to spend on players that others in the series can't match. The owner of the SF team did some shady dealing and siphoned off $15 million or so. The team I got on was last years top team. The guy gutted the whole team practically and sent the money to another team owned by his brother. Something like that anyway...very convoluted.

Quote:
There was 11 mil cash in the account, and then he sold off more players. It doesnt matter what the initial steal was, because there is 15.5 mil missing, just up and taken.

This is a lot different than what Talad and Omnem normally see. For one, your brother was sloppy and obvious. I've already sent detailed PMs to Talad and Omnem about it. Secondly, there's no legwork to be done on their part at all. Look at the account, see it. Easy.

To me its simple - if you really had no idea, then the scenario I proposed to you, keeping it strictly between us, will likely cool the whole scenario down. Somehow ya'll get the 5 mil, and I take back a chunk of the cash so I actually have a chance of rebuilding this team without having to sell any of my Brazilian players. If you keep the money, then it seems to me its pretty obvious you had planned on gutting the team from day 1, and puts your entire situation in doubt IMO.

I guess I'll stick with it for a bit and see how it goes.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #79
thealmighty
Pro Starter

dola...

My player is valued at 17.08. Any other new players much better than that?
Old 10-14-2007, 02:18 AM   #80
thealmighty
Pro Starter

double dola...

I got in the weeny 1-on-1 tourney but there are dozens and dozens of higher rated players in the list of entrants so it may not be worth the trouble to enter for awhile anyway.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:28 AM   #81
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
dola...

My player is valued at 17.08. Any other new players much better than that?

I'm sitting at 17.15, though from what I've read, the shoes I bought (+5 to 3 point shooting and +3 to confidence) aren't factored into that.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:12 AM   #82
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok, finally thanks to all the players that joined the league i have 1000 cyberpoints, enough to buy a team.

As we have more that enough players for a few teams, what about if i change the refer link at the top of this thread for any of your ID's so if more FOFCers join the game, another of you will get cyberpoints to buy another team and we can end having a few teams managed by fofcers.

If any of you is volunteer to try to buy a team, tell me your ref code and i'll put it in the first post of this thread.

I'm also goign to see if I can buy a team today. As most of you are from USA, i guess i should buy an USA team, do you guys agree?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:15 AM   #83
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, i see I can buy a team in the Zinc USA league (4th USA division):

Texas Rockets

do you guys like it?

Old 10-14-2007, 05:29 AM   #84
dj_morton
H.S. Freshman Team

looks good...here's my guy..try to get me!

http://www.cyberdunk.com/player.php?...=Doug%20Morton

United Kingdom Division 6 Rotherham Cougars
dj_morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:53 AM   #85
Izulde
Head Coach

Can you change the team name? I always personally preferred city names over state names.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:03 AM   #86
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Icy, if you make a team and sign all FOFCers, the team is initially going to suck. A lot. That will probably hurt the team's performance and thus your bottom line. On the other hand, you could potentially sign us to much better salaries than we're currently making (depending on how the budget would be spread around), meaning we could all improve a lot faster than otherwise. Just a couple things to think about.

John Snow had a pretty solid game yesterday. 23 points, 13 rebounds, and 1 steal in 40+ minutes of play. I highly recommend focusing on stamina training until you get it to 20, just getting a couple points seems to help a lot.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 AM   #87
Icy
Pro Starter

Umm bad news, i investigated a bit more and it seems that the 1000 cyberpoints are to buy a team for only one season!! not forever!

So to keep the team for more than one season it would mean:

1) Getting more cyberpoints from new players referals (and i can see now why the game is spammed a lot in other boards, to gain referals)

2) Buying more cyberpoints with real money, at $8.75 per season.

If the game is incredible fun, i don't mind to expend that money, but... even beign fun, i don't think it is that fun.

Last edited by Icy : 10-14-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 AM   #88
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Can you change the team name? I always personally preferred city names over state names.

Yes, this is what we can do when owning a team:

Advantages of owning an entire team: Offer Contracts, Set lineups, improve stadium, change ticketprices, change stadium names, in depth accounting information, release players, bonus players, etc. 1000 CDP.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:51 AM   #89
JeeberD
General Manager

A Texas based basketball team named the Rockets? PERFECT!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #90
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola...My player is valued at 17.08. Any other new players much better than that?

According to my team roster page, I'm at 17.2, but that's rounded up (apparently) from my real rating of 17.15 (per my player homepage)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-14-2007 at 09:25 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #91
heybrad
Norm!!!

Val Cano made his debut as Novi Shinobis defeated the Ljubuki Meerkats 90-73. Val played 18 minutes and had 6 pts, 3 rebounds and 4 assists.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #92
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Umm bad news, i investigated a bit more and it seems that the 1000 cyberpoints are to buy a team for only one season!! not forever!

Oh...well in that case, nevermind. Unless this turns out to be a simply fantastic game and someone decides they are interested in running a team on a more permanent basis.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #93
wade moore
lolzcat

I still feel strongly that we should wait to buy a team. Just like when I was reading about the guys playing Trukz, I think we need to get ourselves established a bit, understand the game, etc before we go forming our first team. Let us build up some quality off of other people's money, build up cyber points, etc. before we jump into buying a team.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #94
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I still feel strongly that we should wait to buy a team. Just like when I was reading about the guys playing Trukz, I think we need to get ourselves established a bit, understand the game, etc before we go forming our first team. Let us build up some quality off of other people's money, build up cyber points, etc. before we jump into buying a team.

++
Old 10-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #95
Bad-example
College Starter

Little Potato Young, the "Stormin' Mormon"
PF
6'5"

Drafted by the Alimos Frogs (Greece, Division 6)
Value 17.0
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #96
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok, then let's keep playing as we are mid season anyway, and for the next season, we will decide if we buy a team or not, depending on the fun we have as players.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #97
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

looks like the 6-9 Deacon Palmieri is playing in the 6th Division of Chile
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #98
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Alexander Thunder, SG playing for Smederevo Andele
Old 10-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #99
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Ok, then let's keep playing as we are mid season anyway, and for the next season, we will decide if we buy a team or not, depending on the fun we have as players.

That was kind of what I'm thinking.. I'm not sure how much longer RL is left in this season, but that seems like a logical break.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #100
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Signed up as SF Frank Justice on the Burnaby Blades in Canada Division 4.
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote