Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #51
Easy Mac

Can we just ban the sky cam from all sporting events?

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #52
Critch
lolzcat

Soft penalty for the team that are playing LA. The team that are playing LA looking pretty good. Another one for the team that are playing LA.

Not sure who they are though, cos the commentators have spent so much time talking about LA, Landon and Becks that they've not really mentioned the other team
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:46 PM   #53
Easy Mac

LA is getting some crazy pressure in the first 8 of the second half. Dallas is doing its best to shorten the game by rolling around
Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #54
Easy Mac

Brilliant header by Findley after muffing a wide open one earlier and somehow missing from about a yard out earlier. Galaxy still look to lose with only 6 minutes left.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM   #55
Easy Mac

Can they please suspend Ruiz?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 AM   #56
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I thought they SkyCam was pretty cool. Why ban Ruiz? He is just a man out there making an earning I thought FC Dallas looked very good. Until the Galaxy get some wing play, they are screwed. Randolph looked better than Martino, Cobi, and Albright. It amazes me how Albright has made appearances for the US National Team.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #57
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There's a very good reason they call Ruiz "El Pescadito".. the little fish.

Flop. Flop. Flop. Flop.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #58
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
There's a very good reason they call Ruiz "El Pescadito".. the little fish.

Flop. Flop. Flop. Flop.

agreed. how is he not playing in Italy or Portugal?

dola i just realized why he isnt playing there. he might flop a lot, but he doesnt act like hes had his leg hacked by a lead pipe. therefore hes not good enough for those 2 countries

Last edited by bulletsponge : 04-13-2007 at 07:27 AM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #59
Easy Mac

Foz must be happy right now, with Twellman dropping a deuce in 18 minutes.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #60
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

dola i just realized why he isnt playing there. he might flop a lot, but he doesnt act like hes had his leg hacked by a lead pipe. therefore hes not good enough for those 2 countries

That and he's about 5'5
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #61
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

You must have missed the play I posted my response about. He had the ball stolen, was not even touched, then grabbed his legs and yelled and rolled around in pain for a good 2 minutes. He was never touched, not by a foot, leg, ball, nothing touched him at all.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #62
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
You must have missed the play I posted my response about. He had the ball stolen, was not even touched, then grabbed his legs and yelled and rolled around in pain for a good 2 minutes. He was never touched, not by a foot, leg, ball, nothing touched him at all.

yea i missed that
Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 PM   #63
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

4-nil.. to the boys in blue

Just got home, great atmosphere. I really feel sorry for the 100 or so Toronto fans who were on the road 11 hours to see their team play like that.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #64
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Juan Pablo Angel to Red Bull New York is official... Woot! Definitely needed someone to pair up with Altidore (who is for real), and now this makes me pretty excited about their overall hopes for the season. They've looked vastly improved in 3 of their 4 halves of play this year (2nd half @ Columbus was shit).

Is it me or does the overall level of play seem up this year? I watched Kansas City-DC and that was one hell of a game.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #65
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

The level of play should be rising — they're bringing some serious foreign talent into the league, and more importantly, every new rookie class is going to benefit from the rising skill level in the American player pool (that is, according to a sampling of youth soccer followers on BigSoccer, the skill and level of play at the age-group levels is growing by leaps and bounds).

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #66
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I hope my Tivo is fixed by Thursday night so I can see the Crew-Revs game
Old 04-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #67
Easy Mac

I thought the opener (Colorado - DC) was borderline unwatchable, and Columbus-RSL was just horrendous.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #68
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Juan Pablo Angel to Red Bull New York is official... Woot! Definitely needed someone to pair up with Altidore (who is for real), and now this makes me pretty excited about their overall hopes for the season. They've looked vastly improved in 3 of their 4 halves of play this year (2nd half @ Columbus was shit).

Wow... that's a nice signing. Should make the Red Bulls more formidable in the attack. Add Mathis to the mix (need to get him some playing time even on the off times Reyna is healthy ) and it looks pretty nice indeed.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #69
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Redbulls fan here living in Houston.

Anyway, Redbulls looked great the other day. Altidore looked fantastic, he is just what US Soccer has been missing.

Slightly Off Topic, my friend and I are running an MLS Football Manager game. He is using the Dynamo and I'm using the Red Bulls. It has been a blast.

I'm currently in 2nd place with the Red Bulls, he is first with the Dynamo. If anyone has FM, you should really try the MLS in a multiplayer game.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #70
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Doh... side effect of the Juan Pablo Angel signing was needing to clear out a roster spot... RBNY just traded Marvell Wynne to Toroton for a 2nd round draft pick. I'm really fond of Wynne and he and Altidore are my favorite players on the team.

I hope Bruce knows what he's doing.

Definite good move for Toronto in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #71
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought the opener (Colorado - DC) was borderline unwatchable, and Columbus-RSL was just horrendous.

Columbus has now played in two 0-0 games, and having watched one of them along with parts of 3 other games, I just have to say... if the league is supposed to have raised its level of play, it's not showing on the field. The Galaxy/Dallas match last week wasn't too bad, but the others I've seen have just not been very good.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #72
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Columbus has now played in two 0-0 games, and having watched one of them along with parts of 3 other games, I just have to say... if the league is supposed to have raised its level of play, it's not showing on the field. The Galaxy/Dallas match last week wasn't too bad, but the others I've seen have just not been very good.

Might just be a matter of what teams people are seeing. New York is definitely looking way better than last year. DC has consistently played at a higher level than most the league. Houston is a solid team. Outside of that unfortunately, you may catch a turd of a game. I will say though that Kansas City looked fantastic against DC, and the pace of that game was probably the single best I've seen in any MLS game to date.

The games *I've* seen have looked a full level better than the games I was watching last year. We'll see 10 weeks from now though... might be a whole different story.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #73
Butter
Coordinator

Part of the problem might be that I've watched a few of the supposedly worst teams in the league... Chivas v. Toronto... and Columbus had no attack last year and it continues.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #74
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Part of the problem might be that I've watched a few of the supposedly worst teams in the league... Chivas v. Toronto... and Columbus had no attack last year and it continues.

Yeah, I have to admit there are only a select number of teams I will attempt to watch. All the Red Bulls games, but then DC, Houston, and probably New England. I'm sure i'll add LA to the list when Beckham arrives. I remember watching a Colorado- Real Salt Lake game last year that was probably the worst game i've ever seen in any league.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 04-18-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:55 PM   #75
Easy Mac

Quote:
Might just be a matter of what teams people are seeing. New York is definitely looking way better than last year. DC has consistently played at a higher level than most the league. Houston is a solid team. Outside of that unfortunately, you may catch a turd of a game. I will say though that Kansas City looked fantastic against DC, and the pace of that game was probably the single best I've seen in any MLS game to date.

The games *I've* seen have looked a full level better than the games I was watching last year. We'll see 10 weeks from now though... might be a whole different story.

I'd say its about 60% of the games are better, 40% is about the same/worse. New York has looked much better than last year, but they were a complete mess towards the end of the year. DC has been solid attacking, but their defense is amazingly horrible. Their wings on the backline arejust laughable. New England is also going to be exposed defensively sooner rather than later.

I'd say on the attacking front, MLS has generally gotten better, but I actually think the defenses have become disproportionately worse, or at the very least, a lot of teams are very much either good offense/bad defense or vice versa. I think when things settle, Houston and KC may be the two teams that stand out as having the best overall balance in the league.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #76
Easy Mac

Reminder for the Foz, Crew-Revs on Espen dos
Old 04-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #77
Easy Mac

I think I jinxed ya Foz.

And what the hell is Tommy Smith's job on the telecast, like the Paul Maguire on college football random color part? He needs to be part of the main broadcast, not some random voice.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 04-19-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #78
Easy Mac

I don't hate the Jews, but Andy Gruenebaum is an absolutely horrible keeper.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #79
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

They need to place the main camera higher so we're looking down on the pitch a little more. I really feel i'm not seeing enough of the game. I ofen can't even tell where some offensive outlets are, and that's not a good thing.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #80
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
I think I jinxed ya Foz.

And what the hell is Tommy Smith's job on the telecast, like the Paul Maguire on college football random color part? He needs to be part of the main broadcast, not some random voice.

Yeah, drop Wynalda please and let Tommy speak.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #81
Easy Mac

I love how ESPN doesn't cut away from the soccer players dropping the F bomb. You can't hear them, but Hejduk told Wells Thompson to go F himself at least 10 times in the span of 5 seconds.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #82
Easy Mac

Why Andy Herron will probably be suspended a little while

Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #83
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Ouchie.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:14 AM   #84
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I was happy to be at the Red Bulls - Houston game today. Absolutely PERFECT weather, decent crowd, good game. The Clint Mathis PK miss was painful, and i thought the straight red on him was very harsh. I was focused on the challenge during the play, and my gut feeling was that it was a clear yellow, but the red seemed a bit much. I did record the game on TV so i'll check it out at some point just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Hard not to be elated with a win over the defending champs while down a man for 55 minutes.

Jozy Altidore is the real deal, a couple fantastic runs and one great goal that was the eventual winner. I don't think he's long for this league - he's gonna be too good. He turns 18 in November and he clearly has loads of potential. I'm not sure what type of eligibility hurdles need to be cleared, but i think he's in Europe for the 2008/2009 season at latest, if not moving at season's end (mid-season transfer window in Europe). Whether he's here or not though, the US just might have an actual striker on the 2010 World Cup team.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 04-22-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #85
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Once he turns 18, the main eligibility hurdle is the WP rules for the UK, he'd be able to go to any other country immediately subject only to any sort of salary/roster requirements.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #86
Easy Mac

Mls.tv starts the CHivas - RSL game at the 25th minute. What, did they forget to turn on their direct tv subscription until then? The game is already 2-0, just pathetic. And in case you don't believe me, there was a game last week where for about 10 minutes, the picture would stutter and a message would pop up saying there is intereference with their sattelite and to call a direct tv number. I mean seriously, that's what the league is doing, streaming their direct tv?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #87
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was happy to be at the Red Bulls - Houston game today. Absolutely PERFECT weather, decent crowd, good game. The Clint Mathis PK miss was painful, and i thought the straight red on him was very harsh. I was focused on the challenge during the play, and my gut feeling was that it was a clear yellow, but the red seemed a bit much. I did record the game on TV so i'll check it out at some point just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Hard not to be elated with a win over the defending champs while down a man for 55 minutes.

Jozy Altidore is the real deal, a couple fantastic runs and one great goal that was the eventual winner. I don't think he's long for this league - he's gonna be too good. He turns 18 in November and he clearly has loads of potential. I'm not sure what type of eligibility hurdles need to be cleared, but i think he's in Europe for the 2008/2009 season at latest, if not moving at season's end (mid-season transfer window in Europe). Whether he's here or not though, the US just might have an actual striker on the 2010 World Cup team.

Altidore was awesome yesterday. That goal was very, very well taken (in addition to really showing Onstad's age). And although the FSC announcers might have been harping on it a bit much, I definitely noticed Wattereus' techincal ability and it made a huge difference for 10-man Red Bull (compared to Onstad who cannot distribute the ball whatsoever).
Old 04-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #88
Easy Mac

Stats I've compiled so far for absolutely no reason
Code:
Date Home AwayRef1st Time1st Fouls1st Y1st R1st Goals2nd Time2nd Fouls2nd Y2nd R2nd GoalsTotal TimeTotal FoulsYELREDTotal Goals
4/7/20072COL1DCMichael Kennedy61143022072420126838503
4/7/20072RSL2DALJair Marrufo66152022781120234426404
4/7/20070CLB0NYKevin Stott65141001271000019224100
4/7/20071CHI0NEBaldomero Toledo13191012461330037722401
4/7/20072USA0TORTerry Vaughn58150011161230117427302
4/8/20070HOU0LAAbiodun Okulaja45160001881311023329110
4/12/20071LA2DALTerry Vaughn116171022481630136433403
4/14/20070RSL0CLBTim Weyland79121001391040021822500
4/14/20072DC4KCJozef Batko120142051121720123231406
4/14/20074NE0TORMark Geiger621420232173029431504
4/14/20071HOU0USAKevin Stott31243001741510120539401
4/15/20071COL1CHIJair Marrufo11813210239820235721412
4/15/20073NY0DALAndrew Chapin129111021851310131424203
4/19/20072CLB2NERicardo Salazar109101032481440135724504
4/21/20071NY0HOUBaldomero Toledo80181101891220126930311
4/21/20072CHI1KCKevin Stott11132012501900226132203
4/21/20074USA0RSLHilario Grajeda1351510365420120019304
4/22/20073DAL1COLRicardo Salazar128172022192140234738604
31 14 154426126226326224939119480651065345
Old 04-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #89
Easy Mac

Watching the KC-Chi game from the 21st. I love soccer, because rarely in any other sports do you hear "Would you fucking cover somebody" being yelled out (let alone having the announcers comment on it). I honestly think broadcasters don't care, they're just like, the people who watch soccer just don't care, and no one who would care watches

Last edited by Easy Mac : 04-24-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #90
Easy Mac

In case people are wondering, there are around 300-400 people in Kansas City watching KC and Toronto play. Its pretty nasty wind and rain, but there's literally no one on the left side of the stands.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #91
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Herron got four games suspension for his elbow, btw
Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #92
Easy Mac

Since the feed doesn't cut from the game at the half, I hear Kid Rock - Cowboy playing on the loudspeaker. This speaks to the low attendance.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #93
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm pumped for the Dallas -RBNY game tonight (ESPN2, 8PM). Red Bull is promising to actually keep me entertained over the course of the summer if they keep playing this well. They're off to such a good start.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #94
marshall881
Mascot

Yeah, tonight should be a very entertaining match!
Altidore is worth watching by himself.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #95
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i know ill be watching (since the Rockets game wont be on tv ) even if it was id be switching back and forth. the rockets game has to be on the local stations its normally on
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #96
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Well, bit of a letdown from an entertainment perspective, but I'll take the 3 points. woot!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #97
marshall881
Mascot

Red Bull's organization in the back is impressive.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #98
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I will be at the Chicago-Houston game tomorrow.

I was here in Houston last year to watch those bastards from Chicago win, I don't want it to happen again. Especially with Dallas losing Thursday, got to take advantage of their loses even this early on.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:55 PM   #99
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If you're in with the Dynamo supporters groups, do a few "Piss on the Fire" chants for us, would ya?

One of our favorite chants to use when the Chitcago boys are in town..

"If I had the wings of a sparrow....
If I had the ass of a crow....
I'd fly over Chicago, tomorrow...
And Shit on those bastards below!

Shit on, Shit On, Shit On those Bastards, belooooww!
Shit On, Shit On, Shit On those bastards below!"
Old 04-29-2007, 12:03 AM   #100
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

WTF is going on in DC? (not that i mind)