Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I can definitly believe that.

Enough people sure try to though.

caspanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It was kind of frustrating to run into an area that I probably shouldn't have gone into yet. Ended up dying real quick and I hadn't saved it in quite a while. At least, I can restart with all of my abilities.

Anyone know how to end the photographer mission. I took a picture of the guy that was over 700 pp like he wanted (it was actually about 5,000 PP) and he keeps bugging me to get another picture of him in his pose.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #53
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
It was kind of frustrating to run into an area that I probably shouldn't have gone into yet. Ended up dying real quick and I hadn't saved it in quite a while. At least, I can restart with all of my abilities.

Anyone know how to end the photographer mission. I took a picture of the guy that was over 700 pp like he wanted (it was actually about 5,000 PP) and he keeps bugging me to get another picture of him in his pose.

First thing he wants your to do is take a picture of him taking a picture of you (Frank) that amounts out to at least 500 PP points.

Second time he wants you to take a "cool" photo of him. When you see him get down on his knees to take a picture get your camera ready because after he does that he makes a motion with his arm and fist (pumping motion) thats the "cool' photo he is looking for.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ahh, I thought the cool photo was him kicking a zombie with a flying kick. That was the one that got me about 5000 PP points.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #55
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Ahh, I thought the cool photo was him kicking a zombie with a flying kick. That was the one that got me about 5000 PP points.

I thought the same until I did the 2nd one on accident.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I thought I was doing good. I helped Brad win his first big fight. Then, a few minutes later, Brad died and essentially the game was over. Darn, I didn't realize I was supposed to be protecting him.

Oh well, that first big fight was fun.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #57
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Review

http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/242...ing-Review.htm

Quote:
All that being said, if you’re a fan of action gaming, you need to buy this for the 360. It’s an exclusive game to the console and well worth the purchase, despite the save system – just buy a memory card and copy

Only issue is the save system.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 PM   #58
spleen1015
Coordinator

The save system is disliked by those you like to be pampered.

It is a good idea to restart the game a few times. You get to keep your character progress, so it is useful!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:21 AM   #59
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Got the game on the day of release...unfortunately I just started really playing the game today. I was playing on a 13" TV and couldn't read the words they were saying after the initial stage of the game (when the zombies get into the mall). It's lived up to my expectations so far and my wife cringes when I get eaten.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #60
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Review

http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/242...ing-Review.htm

Only issue is the save system.

Really?

I had no idea. You've opened my eyes!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #61
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
The save system is disliked by those you like to be pampered.

It is a good idea to restart the game a few times. You get to keep your character progress, so it is useful!

No, the save system is disliked by just about everyone. It sucks.

I don't WANT to replay a game I've spent two hours on, because the game tells me I'm not leveled up enough. If you want to make it like a role playing game where if I make a mistake and go into the wrong place before I'm leveled up and die, that's fine. This game just forces you to replay the same levels repeatedly until you build up your stats enough to go on.

I've went through a little over a day in the story. And I'm done. I'll wait until someone releses a save with everything unlocked and I'll use it to kill zombies and play in sandbox mode. That'll be fine for me. I have zero desire to fight through this save system anymore. If I have to do the helicopter pictures one more time, I'm going to hurl.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF

I don't WANT to replay a game I've spent two hours on, because the game tells me I'm not leveled up enough. If you want to make it like a role playing game where if I make a mistake and go into the wrong place before I'm leveled up and die, that's fine. This game just forces you to replay the same levels repeatedly until you build up your stats enough to go on.

I've went through a little over a day in the story. And I'm done. I'll wait until someone releses a save with everything unlocked and I'll use it to kill zombies and play in sandbox mode. That'll be fine for me. I have zero desire to fight through this save system anymore. If I have to do the helicopter pictures one more time, I'm going to hurl.

I agree that the save system is a major flaw, but the story still keeps me playing. I'm enjoying the twists and turns. I'm also using my memory card (bought for the NCAA roster download) to have a 2nd save periodically in case I mess up. I agree that the save system is the only major flaw in the game. I think there are a few minor flaws with the shooting system and detection of shots, but overall this really is a very fun game despite it being a genre that I don't usually play much.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-19-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #63
jbmagic
Pro Starter

If you guys think this game is fun, you should try out Serious Sam 1 and Serious Sam 2. for the PC. Very fun games.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #64
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Got the game on the day of release...unfortunately I just started really playing the game today. I was playing on a 13" TV and couldn't read the words they were saying after the initial stage of the game (when the zombies get into the mall). It's lived up to my expectations so far and my wife cringes when I get eaten.
Yeah, apparently Capcom didn't really test all that well on SDTV so anyone who plays on a SDTV gets blurry words.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
If you guys think this game is fun, you should try out Serious Sam 1 and Serious Sam 2. for the PC. Very fun games.

I've tried the first Serious Sam game on the PC. I prefer this game by a wide margin.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #66
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I've tried the first Serious Sam game on the PC. I prefer this game by a wide margin.

Agreed. I'll be playing this game for a long time. I just won't be going through the game. This is going to cause me to pick up a replay system so I can get the save I want
Old 08-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #67
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
If I have to do the helicopter pictures one more time, I'm going to hurl.

You can press start to get by this part.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #68
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I disagree. I don't think it sucks. I guess I see where you're coming from, but I just don't feel that way.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:44 PM   #69
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Bought the strategy guide (I'm a sucka for those things). I'll see how far I can get with my wife coaching me!
Old 08-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #70
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Even though I'm on day 2, I think I'm going to have to re-start with my level 10 character. There is a boss fight that just keeps kicking my butt over and over again, and I'm finding it hard to get into the weapon store safely..
Old 08-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #71
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Even though I'm on day 2, I think I'm going to have to re-start with my level 10 character. There is a boss fight that just keeps kicking my butt over and over again, and I'm finding it hard to get into the weapon store safely..

Which boss is it?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The guy in the supermarket. I think I need a shotgun to beat him, but I'm having a hard time getting into the weapon store.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #73
spleen1015
Coordinator

To kill the guy in the weapon store, you need 4 handguns. After you get the initial cutscene, run out of the room. Kill of the zombies that are out there, then stand to the left side of the doors to kill him from outside. It takes 4 handguns to do it.

To kill the guy in the supermarket, I used blades and blunt weapons. I would just get behind him and nail him. I think this one was easy because you have all of the food there for healing.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:20 PM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I finally killed the guy in the weapon shop, using the method you said. Then, the guy in the supermarket was really easy to kill with a few shotgun blasts. However, a bit later I died after an event. However, that event leveled me up to 12, and rather than reload and do ALL of that again, I decided to start at the beginning of the game with my expanded arsenal of moves and my bigger stock (which is the key IMO.) So, for the 2nd time, I'm re-starting the game. However, I'm using start to advance past cut scenes that I've seen twice before this time.

Edited to add: The shotgun and a swarm of zombies = great fun.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-20-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:36 PM   #75
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Has anyone gotten to the motorcycle and car? I got the car and I was whooping it up running over zombies (increased my count by about 250) and I was under the mall when the car died. Needless to say, I didn't know where I was and got eaten by the zombies and died. Mucho fun.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #76
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I disagree. I don't think it sucks. I guess I see where you're coming from, but I just don't feel that way.

I understand. I just have no desire to get in the middle of day 2 and then be forced to replay the game because I'm not leveled up enough. It's frustrating to me. I know, I'm whining. It's a great game and well worth the purchase price.

But I'm frustrated with the save system and will likely never actually finish the game because of it. That said, I will play in sandbox mode for a long, long time.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I understand your frustrations, but now that I've restarted twice, I've just hit a level where I've gotten increased speed, and it is making the story part of the game quite a bit easier so far. I'm a better fighter with the speed, but even more importantly, I'm not fighting the clock quite as much to get from place to place.

I don't like the save system, but I do like re-starting with my old experiece.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:36 AM   #78
Bee
Pro Starter

I've been told by several people that the best approach seems to be to level up some then restart to follow the story. Sounds like that might not be bad advice.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I've been told by several people that the best approach seems to be to level up some then restart to follow the story. Sounds like that might not be bad advice.

I definitely agree. It's not that hard to level up either, once I've figured out a few "tricks."
Old 08-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #80
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What are your favorite weapons so far?

I'm a fan of the lead pipe, frying pan (when heated on the stove), car, skateboard, and lawnmower. I haven't seen all the weapons so far, but I'm pretty much exploring and building up my level for the restart as well.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 08-21-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm a fan of the lead pipe, frying pan (when heated on the stove), car, skateboard, and lawnmower. I haven't seen all the weapons so far, but I'm pretty much exploring and building up my level for the restart as well.

Katana (despite it breaking too quickly), lead pipe, baseball bat, Shotgun (of course the other guns have their uses too.)

I'm not really a fan of the lawnmower as I seem to have trouble controlling it. I haven't tried the car yet. The skateboard is cool at times. The heated frying pan is fun, just not as efficient as I would sometimes like.

It's not the most efficient, but I also like the sledge hammer.

Oh yeah, I enjoy the shopping cart too.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #82
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

There is a book in the book store on the north side of Wonderland Plaza that makes bladed weapons last 3 times longer.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 08-21-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #83
Raiders Army
Coordinator

doh. I'm gonna have to look that up in the strategy guide then. I let my wife guide me through the game.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:16 AM   #84
Coop
High School JV

Quote:

The clown's chainsaw. There is nothing like going into a huge crowd of zombies and cutting through them like butter.

Last edited by Coop : 08-22-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:11 AM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop
The clown's chainsaw. There is nothing like going into a huge crowd of zombies and cutting through them like butter.

Forgot about that. That is probably my favorite after the shotgun
Old 06-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #86
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just started playing this. Fun, but I agree with TroyF. The save system sucks ass. And the constant loading screens are annoying as well. Still, it's fun killing zombies!
Old 06-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #87
Calis
College Starter

Still my favorite game on the 360.

Great game all around, and I think the save system was annoying but it sure added some tension to the game which I think is pretty key to a zombie experience. I didn't have a problem with it.

I've never heard anything about a sequel. Is there nothing planned? I assumed this was a success and that they'd milk it.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Lots of rumors saying Dead Rising 2 is in production, but I don't believe there has been any official confirmation.