Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2003, 05:30 PM   #51
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
Except Horns does bring it on himself, and don't pretend he doesn't. Constant trolling and seeking of attention, not in this thread but countless others, are part and parcel of his act. None of us exist in a vacuum and past actions color our perception of people, you don't need me to tell you that. I'm not just talking about things that happened six months ago, or a year ago, but all the time. You are expecting too much to expect him to post things like he did in this thread or in his thread yesterday or two days ago, and then just ignore it and act like that never happened

ok, right now find a recent thread HM has participated in where he has shown signs of 'constant trolling' or 'seeking of attention'. You probably won't, but if you did, I'd expect you to have a hard time. Nothing I have seen resembles either of these accusations, all I've seen is HIS OWN ADVICE, which, obviously, isn't for everyone, nor should it be. He may see things a little differently than everyone else, but so what? Who are you to say that it is WRONG?

He makes a thread about his potential baby, and the next thing I see is insulting remarks. It's stunning and embarassing....

Last bit taken out because of the above post.

Last edited by korme : 04-28-2003 at 05:30 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 05:34 PM   #52
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
Horns,

Why don't you take the advice you give the rest of us with women and use it on the board? Why would you care what was said? Why wouldn't you see the humor in some of the posts?

First question my friends ask when I start dating someone new is if she's blind or on drugs. Should I scream and demand that they renounce my friendship? It's a j-o-k-e, lighten up.

Beyond all of that, what on Earth did you expect the responses to be? Don't tell me you couldn't guess some of them before they were ever posted.

Congrats on the kid.

TroyF

Troy, dude, its funny like that if its your friends.. but the guys that make those comments in this thread don't like Horns, they're just being asses, not trying to be witty or hoping he'll take it light heartedly. They just want to be like everyone else.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:35 PM   #53
astralhaze
College Prospect

No problem.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8335

I am sure you take Horns at his word when he says he was just trying to help or thought it was interesting or whatever, but that is just b.s. He knew full well what would be coming and you do too. This thread was obviously not trolling, but when he makes posts like the rant he had here, it's not exactly going to make people want to lighten up. On the contrary.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:36 PM   #54
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
Troy, dude, its funny like that if its your friends.. but the guys that make those comments in this thread don't like Horns, they're just being asses, not trying to be witty or hoping he'll take it light heartedly. They just want to be like everyone else.

Why do you, HM, and couriers think the people making these jokes "just want to fit in"? Maybe they just think it is funny, perhaps? That is the most obvious explanation.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:38 PM   #55
heybrad
Norm!!!

Shorty...

Taking out the attack on me before I could respond... Nice.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 05:38 PM   #56
korme
Go Reds

Because I fail to see the humor in making fun of someone relentlessly?

Because of this though, people will probably just assume I have lost my humor.. shame.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:39 PM   #57
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by heybrad
Shorty...

Taking out the attack on me before I could respond... Nice.

Do you seriously not understand why I did? Why would I leave it up there when I saw that you had a nice post at the top..

I'm not going to be a fuckin' dick if you give nice advice like he asked for, man.. chill.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:40 PM   #58
couriers

Like I have said before, it has become painfully obvious that some members are only interested in making themselves feel better by making other feel like crap. Horns has not asked for any of this bullshit by simply posting about the possibility of becoming a father. The disrespect is sickening. Past behavior should remain in the past at some point and a discussion about someone possibly having a child is as good a place to start as any.

Those that have attacked Horns in this thread for the sake of being funny have failed. They have also failed at making him look bad. Their only achievement was to have made themselves look like Asses.

This kind of backlash only goes to make the fanboys of this board look as stupid as the fanboys of the OOTP board that they always rag on.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:41 PM   #59
korme
Go Reds

Done. No more fights... this is all I've been doing at FOF lately and it is all by defending HM and I'm just sick of it.. it's not me to be arguin' all the time.

Take your shots, cause I'm not looking.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:41 PM   #60
heybrad
Norm!!!

Look... I dont want to start some flamewar here. I just found it interesting that your dig at me is that I dont know you or where you're coming from, but you make comments like... "They just want to be like everyone else," as if you know everyone.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #61
couriers

Quote:
Why do you, HM, and couriers think the people making these jokes "just want to fit in"? Maybe they just think it is funny, perhaps? That is the most obvious explanation.

Because if they thought it was funny and that Horns would join in the fun then they wouldn't resort to the excuse that he has brought it on himself and therefore deserves to be treated disrespectfully. If I am wrong then so be it but I am only calling it like I see it.

EDIT: I'm following Shorty's advice: Take your shots, cause I'm not looking.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #62
heybrad
Norm!!!

Dola... I know there was a good reason I stayed out of HM threads.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:43 PM   #63
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyF
Beyond all of that, what on Earth did you expect the responses to be? Don't tell me you couldn't guess some of them before they were ever posted.

The problem is not jabs at me. I do expect those. The problem is cruel insults directed at innocent members of my family that none of you have any reason to dislike.

Also, not intending to open old wounds but Shorty was probably the MOST upset with me out of all of you back when the "incident" went down. He is even starting to get past the disappointment, frustration, and hatred he felt towards me. The rest of you should as well.

Then, we have some respected posters who are not blind to the reality of what is happening here. Here is an example for you...

Quote:
Originally posted by TheLionKing
I'm convinced you could come on here and save somebody's life and still get shit for it.

Now let me address the following stupid comment and explain why if you were Christians you would not be acting this way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzbee
In regard to our "integrity, Christianity, or anything else that implies you guys are model citizens" don't EVEN begin to PRETEND that you know anything about our integrity, Christianity (or lack thereof for some) or our model citizenship.

Matthew 18:21-22 - Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Matthew 6:14-15 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Mark 11:25 - And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive your trespasses.

Okay, God fearing Christians have I shown you enough reasons why yet?

HornsManaic
Old 04-28-2003, 05:47 PM   #64
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by heybrad
Look... I dont want to start some flamewar here. I just found it interesting that your dig at me is that I dont know you or where you're coming from, but you make comments like... "They just want to be like everyone else," as if you know everyone.

point taken brad
Old 04-28-2003, 05:48 PM   #65
astralhaze
College Prospect

Horns, you do realize these things would stop if you didn't make a big humongous colossal deal out of it everytime it happens, right?

I have had arguments with people in this board and other boards all the time but I don't do flamewars. If someone starts to get personal I back of. If you really don't care what we think or your "reputation", why is is so hard for you to just let it go?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:00 PM   #66
HornsManiac

Quote:
Horns, you do realize these things would stop if you didn't make a big humongous colossal deal out of it everytime it happens, right?

I have had arguments with people in this board and other boards all the time but I don't do flamewars. If someone starts to get personal I back of. If you really don't care what we think or your "reputation", why is is so hard for you to just let it go?

No, it will not ever stop. I have tried everything including not even posting here for weeks at a time. However, there will always be the cruel sadists of this community who are after my blood. If this is TRULY a decent community made up of generally quality members of society then why aren't more of you rising up to stop the cruel sadism?

I think Eminem can relate and he sums it up quite nicely with these few lines...

Quote:
Then quit bringin my flos, quit giving me my ammo
Can't you see why i'm so mean? if y'all leave me alone, this wouldn't be my M.O.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 06:01 PM   #67
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

martyrdom=boring

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:02 PM   #68
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HornsManiac
No, it will not ever stop. I have tried everything including not even posting here for weeks at a time. However, there will always be the cruel sadists of this community who are after my blood. If this is TRULY a decent community made up of generally quality members of society then why aren't more of you rising up to stop the cruel sadism?

I think Eminem can relate and he sums it up quite nicely with these few lines...

HornsManiac

Hmm... I had no idea how truly disturbed and insane you are until you posted:

1. That people on an internet message board were after your blood.
2. That more decent people should rise up to defend you.
3. Eminem and Garth Brooks lyrics in the same space.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:05 PM   #69
Buzzbee
College Starter

HM - I don't know your lifestyle and what your are used to. Therefore I can't tell you how much, if any your life will change. However, I'm guessing that it will.

My situation is a little different from yours, so my comments probably more appropriate for years down the road rather than in the next year or two. I went from single batchelor with no kids to married with two kids and a dog. Boom! Instant family. Going from batchelor to family man was a switch, and at times a difficult one. Anyway, on to the more relevant comments.

You can't reason with a two year old. No matter how much you try to explain to them why they can't sleep with bubble gum over their eyes as a mask, they won't listen. A related corrlary - kids don't understand logic. They would rather argue for thirty minutes that they don't have to use the bathroom rather than go into the bathroom, stand for two minutes, and flush the toilet.

Be prepared for the (insert wee hour of the morning here) "I can't sleep". Different parents have different ideas and methods for how to handle this. However, remember my comment above regarding reason and logic when determining your course of action.

If you don't already, start working out. When babies become toddlers, they can run faster than Jessie Owens, disappear quicker than David Copperfield, and hide better than Osama.

Don't get your feelings hurt if at some point your kid wants Mommy rather than Daddy. Just realize that at the first sight of a bug, they will come running to YOU.

You WILL have to make sacrifices. Either for your kid or for your wife. It may be eating cold food because you had to cut up your kid's steak. It may be sacrificing sleep. It may be sacrificing time alone or watching Texas football or even sacrificing a cookie or the last piece of cake.

Be very aware of helping out as much as you can with the baby. Some fathers do this naturally. Others have to work at it. And many simply don't do it at all. This, in my opinion, is the greatest contributor to strain and breakups in marriages with newborns.

Lastly, consider your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs in how to raise your child. Contemplate what you want to teach your child and how you want your child to grow up. What do you want your child to believe in? How do you want your child to act? Should I spank or not spank? Will you have a "kids will be kids" attitude, or will you be a strict disciplinarian?

I wish you the best of luck. I hope that the pregnancy goes off without a hitch and you and your wife have a healthy baby. I also hope that this child stregthens your marriage.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:07 PM   #70
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Shorty,

This has been going on long enough that ANYONE, including Horns can see it a million miles in advance. I find it hard to cry for Horns because of a couple of insults thrown around.

I really hate to break the news to you, while I didn't post my jokes, after initially reading the post I came up with about 20 of them. Some were posted by others here and I laughed at them.

Awhile back, I remember asking an individual to stop cussing in his posts, not because it offended me but because I read the forum at work and had a computer screen which could be viewed by many people.

That request has never been granted (the initial response to the request was 200X more of an attack than anything in this thread), in fact the individual to whom that request was made is still doing it. I learned it was my choice to either stay and deal with it or get the hell out. Horns needs to make the same decision.

Horns,

Please. Your immediate family? Most of the jokes are talking about an unborn kid. There isn't a person in this forum who wishes harm on your wife or her unborn child. These are being soley directed at you for reasons which others have discussed at length. If you can't see that, there truly is no hope for you.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:11 PM   #71
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Can't you see why i'm so mean? if y'all leave me alone, this wouldn't be my ammo

I think some of your critics could say the same thing...and couriers...fuck off man, go back to hassling John Galt..
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:20 PM   #72
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Buzzbee
In regard to our "integrity, Christianity, or anything else that implies you guys are model citizens" don't EVEN begin to PRETEND that you know anything about our integrity, Christianity (or lack thereof for some) or our model citizenship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew 18:21-22 - Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Matthew 6:14-15 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Mark 11:25 - And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive your trespasses.

Okay, God fearing Christians have I shown you enough reasons why yet?

HornsManaic

Forgive me?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:23 PM   #73
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Also, not intending to open old wounds but Shorty was probably the MOST upset with me out of all of you back when the "incident" went down.

What incident are you talking about? Since the Anniversary is here.

This is meant to clear HM. I was as hard on him as anyone, but after reading this, I felt obligated to tell him I was sorry and I was wrong.

INCIDENT
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:25 PM   #74
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
I think some of your critics could say the same thing...and couriers...fuck off man, go back to hassling John Galt..

Classy!
Old 04-28-2003, 06:26 PM   #75
HornsManiac

This is the gist of my existence here and although controversial at times it is TRULY me and I should NOT have to change in order to be an active member of this community...

Quote:
Folks call me a maverick, guess I ain't too diplomatic. I have just never been the kind to go along just avoidin' confrontation for the sake of conformation and I'll admit I tend to sing a different song, but sometimes you just can't be afraid to wear a different hat. If Columbus had complied this old world might still be flat.

It is well known and understood that I don't think like a lot of you, but what needs to be understood is I am just being myself. Because I am different doesn't make me bad and doesn't mean I deserve relentless harassment for being the "maverick" of this community.

There are things posted in this thread that are a thousand times more harsh than anything I have ever posted here - with the exception of a few times where I lost my cool and blew up due to the harsh criticism becoming unbearable. I did not start those "fights" but I did finish them. This thread and the responses to it prove beyond a doubt that TheLionKing's comment was right on the money. I could donate one of my kidneys to save one of your lives and some bastards here would still INSIST I am a worthless piece of scum and attack me accordingly for it. That, folks, IS THE COLD HARD TRUTH.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 06:34 PM   #76
astralhaze
College Prospect

If it is goddamned hard on you, why do you keep posting here?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:38 PM   #77
sabotai
General Manager

HM,

A couple things.

1) Start sleeping for only 4 or 5 hours a night. In fact, what you need to do is go to sleep around 9. Wake up around midnight to an alarm clock that is LOUD. Wake up again and 2, 4 and possibly one more time in between. Get used to it now.

2) Kiss luxaries goodbye. No more gifts for the spouce. It all goes to diapers, clothes, formula, doctor visits (for every little thing that comes up), etc. It'll cost you plenty.

3) No more talking to the spouce for any significant amount of time. In fact, forget about doing anything for a significant amount of time (so learn to become a minuteman in the sack, or sex will be a thing of the past). The reason is because once you start up something, that's when the baby decides it needs attention.

4) Get used to the smell and sight of poop in a diaper. Those little shit machines produce all kinds of colors and smells, and you have to be prepared for them all.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:44 PM   #78
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
If it is goddamned hard on you, why do you keep posting here?

Because negativity isn't going to get the best of him.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:46 PM   #79
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Because negativity isn't going to get the best of him.

If that is the case, and he realizes nothing is going to change and accepts this, why does he keep bitching about it?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:50 PM   #80
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Classy!

I think so
Old 04-28-2003, 06:57 PM   #81
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I ripped on you and don't feel bad about it.

I am not a God-fearing (or even believing person), and don't claim to be a good citizen or anything like that. I do it because I don't take kindly to lying, cheating, deceiving people. I do it because I take offense to trickery by people using multiple nicknames. I do it because I don't think you bring any worth to this forum, and as long as you are here, I might as well make the best of it by entertaining myself. I don't care for your condescending, know it all, I don't give a fuck, I'm better than you, I'm innocent attitude.

I also don't feel I need to defend myself by posting this, but if you wanted to know why, there it is.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:58 PM   #82
Malificent
High School JV

If HM doesn't care about people on the internet, why is he asking for advice from them?

I met my wife on the internet, we've been married 5 years (together for 8) and have a 3 month old daughter. I pretty much stopped caring what HM says except for entertainment purposes when he said that people on the internet were meaningless.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:28 PM   #83
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
I ripped on you and don't feel bad about it.

I am not a God-fearing (or even believing person), and don't claim to be a good citizen or anything like that. I do it because I don't take kindly to lying, cheating, deceiving people. I do it because I take offense to trickery by people using multiple nicknames. I do it because I don't think you bring any worth to this forum, and as long as you are here, I might as well make the best of it by entertaining myself. I don't care for your condescending, know it all, I don't give a fuck, I'm better than you, I'm innocent attitude.

I also don't feel I need to defend myself by posting this, but if you wanted to know why, there it is.

Well, Marmel, your post pretty much sums up your feelings, doesn't it? You strongly dislike me. Now tell us something we didn't already know.

You left out something very important. You not liking me does NOT give you the right to constantly cause me grief. I have just as much right to post here as you do. If I don't like someone that I see everyday at the grocery store I do not have the right to harass him constantly, because he has as much right to be there shopping as I do. If I did it I would certainly end up in jail.

Marmel, your post doesn't justify anything and in fact makes you look worse than you already did and that is not easy to do. Oh, and by the way.... I may be here longer than you, because I am not leaving anytime soon.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 07:33 PM   #84
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Horns,

You might go a long way towards changing peoples opinion if you did something like... oh, I don't know.. engage the people who have offered you sincere advice instead of once again bashing and rehashing this tired old debate.

Turn the other cheek, remember?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:46 PM   #85
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
Horns,

You might go a long way towards changing peoples opinion if you did something like... oh, I don't know.. engage the people who have offered you sincere advice instead of once again bashing and rehashing this tired old debate.

Turn the other cheek, remember?

Trust me, Cam, the people here who have offered sincere advice will be thanked for it. I am smart enough to realize that.

This "tired old debate" needs to be rehashed until the crap stops. No, I am not going to turn the other cheek any longer. I have tried that in the past too and that did not help. When I appeared to not notice the sarcasm and criticism they just continued to intensify it until they did finally get a reaction out of me. I can assure you it did not fade away when I chose to ignore it.

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 07:47 PM   #86
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You left out something very important. You not liking me does NOT give you the right to constantly cause me grief.

Not trying to start a fight here, but could you clarify your stance on this point. I thought you said you are different from most on this board because you don't care. If you don't care, how can someone on it cause you grief? Just a question.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:52 PM   #87
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

exactly. You go from "I don't care what you say, you're just on the internet" to "quit bothering me, I've had enough".

You're not going to get it to stop, Horns. You're just not. You've got an abrasive personality, you tend to egg things on rather than let them go, and you're an easy target because of your past history and the fact that you get ticked off so easily.

I'm not trying to pick on you (although I reserve my right to do that in the future), I'm just letting you know that if you're fighting back hoping that the jokes at your expense will stop, then you're wasting your time.

My advice is to just slap that ignore feature on anybody who gives you grief. It's hard to get riled up when you don't pay any attention to what's being said.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:54 PM   #88
astralhaze
College Prospect

But then how would he realize he is getting attention?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:04 PM   #89
couriers

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwikshot
Can't you see why i'm so mean? if y'all leave me alone, this wouldn't be my ammo

Wow. That was amazing. Is that really the best you have got because I just can't get over how bad you just made me feel? Should I bend over now or wait a bit longer?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #90
astralhaze
College Prospect

Well, my theory still stands. Both of the people who claimed they were not going to post anymore in this thread have now posted again in this thread.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:21 PM   #91
couriers

Who said anything about not posting in this thread any more?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:27 PM   #92
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by couriers
EDIT: I'm following Shorty's advice: Take your shots, cause I'm not looking.

I guess you didn't say you weren't going to post, I take that back. You did imply that you were done with the thread. I'm not saying you are a jerk or anything for doing it, it's just a definate trend that I have noticed.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #93
HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
exactly. You go from "I don't care what you say, you're just on the internet" to "quit bothering me, I've had enough".

Now you are trying to put words in my mouth. I never said it like that. The gist of my internet stance is that none of us REALLY know anyone else with the exception of some actual real world friends that post here. Then, I went on to add that I don't look at anyone on any message board the same way I do a true friend for the reason I just stated. I never said I don't mind being ridiculed on a constant basis.

Quote:
I'm just letting you know that if you're fighting back hoping that the jokes at your expense will stop, then you're wasting your time.

My advice is to just slap that ignore feature on anybody who gives you grief. It's hard to get riled up when you don't pay any attention to what's being said.

Well, let me just say that as long I am treated like a caged animal I am going to act like one. I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER just stand by and be punked by anyone. So, if you don't want to see the aggressive HornsManiac don't push me that far.

Hmm. You offer great advice about the ignore feature, so why haven't you done that yourself when I started a thread or posted about things that you did not agree with? That would not be as fun as being a sadistic and heartless bastard, would it?

HornsManiac
Old 04-28-2003, 08:42 PM   #94
thesloppy
Pro Starter

thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #95
couriers

Quote:
I guess you didn't say you weren't going to post, I take that back. You did imply that you were done with the thread. I'm not saying you are a jerk or anything for doing it, it's just a definate trend that I have noticed.

I implied no such thing. I said go ahead and take your shots and that they weren't going to bother me. When I say that I am done with a thread then I mean it. Look at the QoTM thread as proof. The only trend that I have noticed as of late is people twisting words around to mean what they want them to. Not saying that you specifically are always doing that since you were kind enough to admit the initial mistake.

I'm not trying to start some stupid flame war with you but I had to respond since it seemed that you were calling me a liar, which is obviously something I take seriously. See the same QoTM thread mentioned above for proof of that.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:07 PM   #96
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
I implied no such thing. I said go ahead and take your shots and that they weren't going to bother me. When I say that I am done with a thread then I mean it. Look at the QoTM thread as proof. The only trend that I have noticed as of late is people twisting words around to mean what they want them to. Not saying that you specifically are always doing that since you were kind enough to admit the initial mistake.

I'm not trying to start some stupid flame war with you but I had to respond since it seemed that you were calling me a liar, which is obviously something I take seriously. See the same QoTM thread mentioned above for proof of that.

No problem man. I just missunderstood you comments. I take them back. As I said, I don't do flame wars.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:09 PM   #97
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow. That was amazing. Is that really the best you have got because I just can't get over how bad you just made me feel? Should I bend over now or wait a bit longer?

ZZzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz
Old 04-28-2003, 09:12 PM   #98
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:

Hmm. You offer great advice about the ignore feature, so why haven't you done that yourself when I started a thread or posted about things that you did not agree with? That would not be as fun as being a sadistic and heartless bastard, would it?

HornsManiac

True dat.

Quote:

Well, let me just say that as long I am treated like a caged animal I am going to act like one. I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER just stand by and be punked by anyone. So, if you don't want to see the aggressive HornsManiac don't push me that far.

You're not being treated like a caged animal. You're being treated like a hopeless dork. And please, go ahead and tell me to fuck off in all capital letters. I love to see the aggressive HornsManiac.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:13 PM   #99
Buzzbee
College Starter

Ok, here is an example of one of the reasons why I feel that HM gets hammered so much around here. Here is a quote from Cam:

Quote:

You're not going to get it to stop, Horns. You're just not. You've got an abrasive personality, you tend to egg things on rather than let them go, and you're an easy target because of your past history and the fact that you get ticked off so easily.

I'm not trying to pick on you (although I reserve my right to do that in the future), I'm just letting you know that if you're fighting back hoping that the jokes at your expense will stop, then you're wasting your time.

And here is HM's response:

Quote:
Now you are trying to put words in my mouth. I never said it like that. The gist of my internet stance is that none of us REALLY know anyone else with the exception of some actual real world friends that post here. Then, I went on to add that I don't look at anyone on any message board the same way I do a true friend for the reason I just stated. I never said I don't mind being ridiculed on a constant basis.

HornsManiac

Obviously Cam's response wasn't "Pro Horns". However, I didn't see anything in his post that would warrant being called a "sadistic and heartless bastard."
Old 04-28-2003, 09:15 PM   #100
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Horns is a caged animal...someone alert PETA...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams