Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #51
carolinahuey
Mascot

NFL WILD CARD PLAYOFFS

31 14
at Indianapolis
Not even as close as the score shows, Buffalo put up over 500 yards of offense while Indianapolis didn't even reach 200. Buffalo QB Joe Ferguson was named Player of the Game going 25 for 39 for 303 yards and 3 scores. Both Joe Cribbs and Roland Hooks rushed for over 100 yards. Indianapolis QB Bert Jones struggled today completing only 15 of 39 passes for 126 yards.

27 14
at New England
New England jumped out to an early 14-0 lead, but then fell apart as the Bengals scored 27 unanswered to take this one in Foxboro. Player of the Game, Ken Anderson, led Cincy passing for 347 yards and 3 scores on 29 of 37 passes. WR Isaac Curtis was H-O-T catching 8 passes for 123 yards. New England QB Steve Grogran threw 3 picks which helped the Bengals steal a playoff road win
14 17
at San Francisco
Defense was the star in this one, which wasn't expected with Eagles QB Ron Jaworski throwing for over 5,000 yards during the regular season and 49ers QB Joe Montana fresh after missing most of the season due to an injury. Jaws was held to under 300 yards passing and Montana was held to less than 200 as the defenses in this one combined for 5 sacks, 2 INTs, and 4 forced fumbles.

15 17
at Minnesota
There's nothing like Minnesota in the wintertime, thank God we are inside! The Bucs only managed to get 5 field goals from Garo Yepremian in this one as both NFC Wild Card games were strong on defense. The Vikings took the lead in this one late on a Rick Danmeier 53 yard field goal and they move on. The road will be a long one, the news is not good out of the Twin Cities, Tommy Kramer is done for the remainder of the playoffs and probably all of the 1981 season. Kramer suffered severe damage to his MCL in the Vikings regular season finale at Denver. Viking back-up QB Steve Dils, got the start against Tampa Bay as the team hoped that Kramer just needed some rest, but doctors reexamined Kramer's knee after the Vikings win and determined that the damage was severe enough to require surgery.

Taking a look at next weeks Divisional Playoff games:
AFC
Buffalo at Pittsburgh
Cincinnati at Denver

NFC
Minnesota at Washington
San Francisco at Atlanta

See you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-06-2007 at 07:41 AM.
carolinahuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #52
carolinahuey
Mascot

NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

10 37
at Pittsburgh
The Steeler machine is back on track! After going 15-1 during the regular season, the Steelers showed no rust after taking a week on. Pittsburgh put up over 400 yards of total offense in this one as Buffalo never got it going. No surprise here at Steeler QB Terry Bradshaw was named Player of the Game after throwing for 328 yards, 3 TD passes, and completing 23 of 34 passes. WR Lynn Swann was the recipient of 7 of those passes which went for 162 yards. Buffalo QB Joe Ferguson didn't look anything like the superstar he is in this one, completing only 11 passes out of 32 attempts.

21 28
at Denver
Try and imagine this, the game time temp was 11 DEGREES! This might be called the Ice Bowl 2. Denver scored with a little under 3 minutes to go in this one, as QB Matt Robinson hooked up with TE Emery Moorehead to put the Broncos in front. The Bengals had a chance to answer, but Ken Anderson had a pass picked off and that was all she wrote. Ken Anderson left it all on the field, passing for 350 yards and 2 scores, but his 3 picks, the last one being the costliest, really spelled doom for the Bengals.

3 31
at Washington, D.C.
Coming from the Metrodome to the 26 degree weather in our Nation's Capital was very tough on the Vikings as they manage only a field goal in this lopsided loss to the Skins. Neither team was stellar, but Washington avoided the mistakes and got the win. With Tommy Kramer watching from the sidelines on crutches, Steve Dils, his backup, managed to complete 16 of 32 passes for only 94 yards. Washington QB Joe Theismann wasn't much better going 14 for 24 for 111 yards.

20 27
at Atlanta
Atlanta made it a sweep today! All the teams who had a first-round bye have made it into the Conference Championships. The Falcons got out to a quick 10-0 lead and managed to hold on to get the win by 7. Player of the Game, Steve Bartkowski, went 19 for 25 for 204 yards and 2 TD passes. 49ers QB Joe Montana did all he could, but just came up short as he drove his team down the field twice in the 4th quarter for TD's.

Conference Championships:
AFC
Denver at Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh defeated Denver 20-7 in Week 7 at Mile High

NFC
Atlanta at Washington
Did not meet in the Regular Season

See you next week!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-05-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #53
carolinahuey
Mascot

NFL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

One word - DOMINANCE

3 27
at Washington D.C.

Washington absolutely dismantle the Falcons in this NFC Championship game. The Skins put up over 350 yards of offense, Theismann completed 22 of 29 passes for 194 yards and was named Player of the Game and RB Wilbur Jackson ran for 122 yards on 22 carries to advance the Reskins to Super Bowl XV, Washington's second trip to the Championship. Falcons QB Steve Bartkowski threw for 230 yards, but he was the only bright spot on the offensive side for Atlanta.

3 45
at Pittsburgh
Here's an equation for you, 18 degree weather, 5 inches of snow on the ground, and 45 points, what does that equal? Pittsburgh's 5th AFC Championship and their 3rd straight trip to the Super Bowl. Stop me if you've heard this, but Steelers QB Terry Bradshaw was named Player of the Game as he threw for 257 yards completing 20 of 27 passes and 3 TDs. WR John Stallworth was the man today at wideout, catching 6 passes for 92 yards. The Broncos couldn't go anything and it showed as the lost the T-O-P battle by almost 15 minutes.

Ladies and Genlemen,
It is set, January 25, 1981 live from the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana it will be the NFC Champion Washington Redskins against the 2-time defending Super Bowl Champions, the AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. We will see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-05-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #54
carolinahuey
Mascot

TALE OF THE TAPE

Pittsburgh SteelersWashington Redskins
15-1Record13-3
463Points For422
153Points Against264
2,237Rushing YDS2,183
3,863Passing YDS3,648
79Red Zone %70
403rd Down %41
1,247Rushing YDS Allowed1,467
3,054Passing YDS Allowed3,391
+8Turnover Margin0

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-05-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #55
carolinahuey
Mascot

Welcome, to the Crescent City and Welcome to SUPER BOWL XV! It has been an exciting year and there isn't a better way to end it than to see these 2 Conference Champions do battle, ARE YOU READY?!?!?

28 24

Who could have asked for a better game?? Tied at 14 at halftime, 343 yards of offense for Washington, 322 for Pittsburgh, T-O-P separated by less than :20. WOW, this one didn't disappoint!

Pittsburgh got out of the gate quick, scoring on their first two possessions. Then it would get interesting. Pittsburgh actually missed a field goal late in this one that would have made it a touchdown game, but Washington couldn't capitalize. Terry Bradshaw, again, won Player of the Game honors, again. Terry Bradshaw has now won the Super Bowl MVP in three consecutive sesaons, this time throwing for 226 yards on 19 of 26 passes and 1 TD. WR John Stallworth was the workhorse on the Steeler offense, totaling 114 yards on 9 catches and a TD. Washington's QB Joe Theismann didn't play too badly either. Theismann went 19 of 36 for 211 yards, with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Pittsburgh's CB Mel Blount was responsible for both picks, his second one coming with under 1:30 to go in the game which sealed the victory, their 3rd in 3 years, for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

This has been a tremendous season with a tremendous champion. I kept waiting for someone to step up and beat the Steelers, but these guys are GOOD! We'll see you at training camp!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-06-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #56
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Huey how do you insert the game box scores?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 AM   #57
carolinahuey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Huey how do you insert the game box scores?

I open up the box score under the "simulate games" window and then I highlight the box score, copy, paste into post, that's it!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #58
carolinahuey
Mascot

AND THE AWARD GOES TO

It is that time of the season where we look back at the year and recognize those athletes who surpassed expectations and did something truly remarkable

NFL MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
RON JAWORSKI - QB - Philadelphia Eagles
NFL OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
RON JAWORSKI - QB - Philadelphia Eagles
NFL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
CHARLIE HALL - LB - Cleveland Browns
NFL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
BILLY SIMS - RB - Detroit Lions
NFL DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
MATTHEW LYNN - SS - San Antonio Gunslingers

NFL ALL-PRO TEAM
QB
Ron Jaworski

Ken Anderson
RB
Walter Payton

Wilbur Jackson
FB
William Andrews

Jack Holmes
TE
David Hill

Al Dixon
WR
Harold Carmichael

Steve Largent

Charlie Joiner

Lynn Swann
C
Mike Webster

Billy Bryan
OG
Doug Wilkerson

Tom Glassic

Dave Lapham

Paul Howard
OT
Pat Donovan

George Kunz

Doug Dieken

Dan Jiggetts
P
Ray Guy

Donovan Reed
K
Mark Moseley

Matt Bahr
DE
Fred Cook

Elvin Bethea

L.C. Greenwood

George Martin
DT
Charlie Johnson

Joe Klecko

Larry Brooks

Rubin Carter
ILB
Jeff Siemon

Tom Hicks
OLB
Charlie Hall

Rod Shoate

Jack Ham

John Bolton
CB
Mike Haynes

Joe Lavender

Mel Blount

Tim Foley
S
John Harris

Steve Foley

Jack Tatum

Frank Reed
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #59
carolinahuey
Mascot

Each year the NFL landscape changes when players decide that their bodies can't take the punishment anymore and they hang up their cleats. This game is forever grateful to these men and we are sad to see them leave us:

1980 Notable Retirees:

Charlie Joiner
Bob Griese
Rocky Bleier
Calvin Hill
Roger Werhli

It is also that time of year when the NFL Owners get their checkbooks out and try to sign some of the big free agents. These decisions can make a team a champion or lock a team into financial ruin for years, will your team come out a winner?

NOTABLE FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

Steve 'Mongo' McMichael - New England - $140,000 / 1yr

Delvin Williams - NY Giants - $7.66m / 4 years (biggest off season contract)

Ahamad 'Phylicia' Rashad - Baltimore - $370,000 / 1yr

Ken Stone - San Francisco - $3.27m / 3 yrs

Check out the newest edition of WarPaint Illustrated to see what the Chiefs did this offseason....

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-10-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #60
carolinahuey
Mascot

The Chiefs are looking to make this team better. Simple right? Not when there are agents and a lot of money involved. The Chiefs have holes throughout their team and although there is some wiggle room under the cap, we don't want to sell off the farm to get 1 or 2 guys. We need to keep in mind that the draft is also a good place to get talent.

KC Off-Season Free Agent Signings

Bob Brudzinski - LB
This was our splurge. We are paying him $6.49 million over the next 5 years. This gives us a solid start at LB. If you follow this for any length of time you'll see that I love LB's.

Ken Houston - S
We stock up our DBs here with Ken. We are paying him $1.61 million over the next 2 seasons.

Drew Pearson - WR
Like I said before, we have some cash to play with and Pearson is a solid WR to go with J.T. Smith and Henry Marshall. If Carlos Carson can't come back from his injury and be productive this will give us 3 solid WRs. We are paying Drew $360,000 for his services this season (this is a steal, I think!)

Joe Ferguson - QB
I debated on this for a while. I love Tony Adams, but he can be inconsistent and signing Drew Pearson means we will have a plethora of guys to catch the ball, but we need someone who can throw as well. I originally looked at Steve DeBerg for this spot, but he re-signed with the 49ers for less money to be a back-up. Ferguson was 10th in the NFL last year with 3,656 yards and 17 scores, this number will scare you, he also had 31 INT's. We got him for $1.42 million over 2 years. This means that going into camp it's #1 Adams, #2 Ferguson, #3 Kenney, and #4 Fuller. We are only taking 3 QB's into the regular season so someone, anyone could be gone.

Mike Fuller - S
Another DB, you can't have too many to choose from. Mike will get $310,000 this year.

Tony Adams - QB
This was a resign, no one else wanted him and that was good because I didn't want to get into a bidding war. As stated above, there is no starting QB at this moment. He came back for $580,000 for this year.

Dave Pureifory - DT
I liked this guys stats and ratings. He's no superstar, but he is better than average and should Mangiero go down again he can step right in. We got him for $300,000 on a 1-year deal.

Stay tuned for the 1981 NFL DRAFT!!!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-05-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 AM   #61
carolinahuey
Mascot

Editor's Note:

In the interest of keeping this less crowded and confusing, beginning with the 1981 season, all game recaps, NFL News and Notes, and WarPaint Illustrated will be located in 1 post. We appreciate your interest in the Kansas City Chiefs and look forward to bringing you NFL action for years to come.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #62
carolinahuey
Mascot

1981 NFL DRAFT

It is that time of year where dreams come true for many young men all across this nation. It is draft day, where all that hard work these men put in getting ready for Saturdays can earn them a big paycheck when they play on Sundays. It is also a chance for NFL teams to find that diamond in the rough and turn him into the next big thing.

We'll show the Top 10 picks and other top names that were selected and where they went, here we go.....

#1 - Orlando Renegades select
JAMES BROOKS - Aburn

#2 - Baltimore Stars select
JOE DELANEY - NW Louisiana State

#3 - San Antonio Gunslingers select
HOWIE LONG - Villanova

#4 - Detroit Lions select
DAVID LITTLE - Florida

#5 - Memphis Showboats select
KEITH GARY - Oklahoma

#6 - New York Giants select
NEIL LOMAX - Portland State

#7 - New Orleans Saints select
STUMP MITCHELL - The Citadel

#8 - Baltimore Stars select
BOBBY BUTLER - Florida State

#9 - Oakland Raiders select
DERON CHERRY - Rutgers

#10 - Green Bay Packers select
RICKEY JACKSON - Pittsburgh

other notable selections:
#13 - Houston Oilers select
RONNIE LOTT - USC

#14 - Kansas City Chiefs select
LAWRENCE TAYLOR - North Carolina
I can't believe he fell this far down the board, I was prepared to take Freeman McNeil with this pick, but LT slipped and we got him!!
(Note: as of Week 2 of the PreSeason, LT remains unsigned)

#18 - St Louis Cardinals select
KENNY EASLEY - UCLA

#19 - Minnesota Vikings select
JAMES WILDER - Missouri

#21 New England Patriots select
JOE JACOBY - Louisville

#22 Buffalo Bills select
HOBY BRENNER - USC

#26 Cincinnati Bengals select
FREEMAN McNEIL - UCLA

#29 Atlanta Falcons select
EVERSON WALLS - Grambling State

ROUND 2

#3 - Detroit Lions select
CRIS COLLINSWORTH - Florida

#6 Memphis Showboats select
DEXTER MANLEY - Oklahoma State

#13 Kansas City Chiefs select
MIKE SINGLETARY - Baylor
He He He, I got LT (once he decides to stop holding out), Singletary, Manumaleuga, AND Brudzinksi as my LB corps, how sweet it IS! I couldn't let Mike go with this pick. I have already gotten several offers for Manumaleuga, I will play a preseason game or 2 then see what I am willing to do.

#15 Miami Dolphins select
JEFF FISHER - USC

ROUND 3
#5 Memphis Showboats select
MARK MAY - Pittsburgh

#9 Chicago Bears select
RUSS GRIMM - Pittsburgh

#19 Kansas City Chiefs select
GEORGE ROGERS - South Carolina
I can't beleive this! Rogers won the Heisman Trophy in 1980 at SoCarolina and fell to the 3rd round, this makes up for not taking McNeil in Round 1. I got Reed as the #1 while Rogers matures, it is a very sweet draft day!!!

#28 Dallas Cowboys select
CLINT DIDIER - Portland State

ROUND 4
#4 - St Louis Cardinals select
MICK LUCKHURST - St Cloud State

#14 Los Angeles Rams select
E.J. JUNIOR - Alabama

#18 - Kansas City Chiefs select
MICHAEL DOWNS - Rice
Downs is a Safety and will battle for a back-up role

ROUND 5
#16 Houston Oilers select
HUGH GREEN - Pittsburgh

#17 Kansas City Chiefs select
NAT HUDSON - Georgia
Hudson played OG in college and we will need the depth on the O-Line

ROUND 6
#1 New York Jets select
WADE WILSON - East Texas State

#16 Kansas City Chiefs select
MIKE CLARK - Florida
Clark is a DE and will battle for a back-up role

#29 Denver Broncos select
MIKE TICE - Maryland

ROUND 7
#15 Kansas City Chiefs select
HARRY STANBACK - North Carolina
Another Tar Heel defender to shore up the D

Final Pick of the 1981 Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers take
JOHN OLENCHALK - Stanford

I couldn't be happier with this draft, we got a solid D beginning to form and a Heisman Trophy winner in the backfield, I can't wait for 1981!!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-05-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #63
carolinahuey
Mascot

On a personal note, it is really interesting to see what can happen to the players in the league if the situations are different than they were in real life. It can also be humbling.

I don't know if many of you know the story of Joe Delaney. Delaney was a standout running back at Northwestern State and went on to be drafted by KC in the 2nd round of the 1981 draft (the real draft). He won Offensive Rookie of the Year in 1981 and was well on his way to another stellar season in 1982, but injuries and the strike ended his season. Then on June 28, 1983 Delaney was at Chennault Park in Louisiana when he heard cries from a nearby pond. He ran to discover 3 young boys that were drowning. Not being able to swim himself, Joe Delaney jumped in a tried to save the boys. One boy survived, but Delaney and the other two boys drowned. For his selfless act President Regan posthumously awarded Delaney with the Presidential Citizens Medal and Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt inducted Delaney into the Chiefs Ring of Honor in 2004. It's stories like these that make you realize that football is just a game and this dynasty write-up is just fiction and that we should hold dear the things in life that really matter, family and friends.

It's going to be fun to see Delaney tear up the turf as he was drafted 2nd in my 1981 NFL Draft by Baltimore. I will be watching him and I will be rooting for him too.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #64
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Great job Huey.

Okay on the box scores. I am assuming that you copy them from the HTML that opens up when you click on the box score. When i try to copy and paste then i just get the numbers and not the actual grid.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #65
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Nevermind i figured it out.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #66
carolinahuey
Mascot

Los Angeles Rams (0-0)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Kansas City Chiefs, Arrowhead Stadium. It is the first game of the preseason for both teams. There is a buzz about in KC with the 8-8 finish to last season, the free agents, and the draft picks; people are expecting great things this year!

Los Angeles Rams01306-19
Kansas City Chiefs7367-23

KC got out the gate quick, fell back, and then came back. It was quite a roller coaster ride! The score may have been close, but the stats weren't. KC totaled 392 total yards of offense compared to less than 250 for the Rams. Kansas City started their newest QB, Joe Ferguson in this one, but pulled him in the 2nd quarter to avoid any injury. Ferguson did complete 7 of 9 passes for 94 yards before sitting out the rest of the game. Backup Tony Adams came in a did his thing, completing 13 of 23 passes for 179 yards and a TD. George Rogers, KC's 3rd round pick, rushed for 84 yards and was absolutely dazzling.

The Chiefs hit the road to Lambeau Field to take on the Packers in next week's preseason action, see you then!

BREAKING NEWS

After holding out for a few months now and missing the first preseason game, Kansas City's 1st round draft pick, Lawrence Taylor, made it official today and signed a 4-year deal. Taylor will receive $4.6 million dollars over the next 4 seasons and he also got a $2.3 million dollar signing bonus. The defense is set and they look GOOD!

Now that LT has signed, the Chiefs are able to make some moves to get their roster down to the maximum of 53 players. The Chiefs send MLB Gary Spani to the Washington Redskins for their 1982 5th, 6th, and 7th round draft picks. Spani demanded a trade shortly after the draft when KC took Taylor and Mike Singletary in the first 2 rounds. This way Washington gets the LB they need and we get 3 more picks next year.

On the injury front, the Flu bug has hit Kansas City and hit it hard. 13 players came down with the Flu this week and are all listed as probable for this weekend's game in Green Bay.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-06-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #67
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (1-0)

at

Green Bay Packers (0-1)

You are looking live...

At perhaps the most legendary stadium in the NFL, Lambeau Field. Here tonight, it's a preseason match-up between the Green Bay Packers and the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs looked good in their previous game against the Rams and look to continue to improve tonight in chilly Green Bay.

Kansas City Chiefs01460-20
Green Bay Packers3333-12

With the strenght of a 14-6 halftime lead, the Chiefs took care of business and held on to remain perfect in the pre-season. Packers QB Lynn Dickey was himself perfect. Dickey, who only played the first half, ended up going 13 for 13 for 104 yards before resting in the second half. Legendary K Jan Stenerud knocked in 4 field goals to provide all the points for the Pack.

The Chiefs, with LT in the lineup, have a big problem. The QB spot is becoming a source of frustration. I brought in Joe Ferguson, despite his high INTs last season, because he had better numbers than Tony Adams and Bill Kenney, but so far none of the three have lit the place on fire. Ferguson got the start at QB and ended up passing for 71 yards on 6 of 14 passing. Tony Adams came in and played the 2nd half going 6 for 13 for 117 yards. There are still 2 more pre-season games to go, hopefully someone will emerge as a true #1 guy.

Next week we are headed to the West Coast as the Chiefs will visit the San Francisco 49ers, see you then!

I knew this would happen and it's why I hate the pre-season. I let George Rogers play the entire game and that was a stupid mistake on my part. Late in the 4th quarter, Rogers left the game with an injury and didn't return. The doctors have determined that Rogers has Knee Tendenitis and will miss the rest of the preseason. As luck would have it, we sign LT, trade Gary Spani, and then this.....starting LB and KC's big free agent signing Bob Brudzinski suffered a broken leg in last week's game in Green Bay. Brudzinski will not need surgery but will be on the shelf for 6 weeks.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #68
carolinahuey
Mascot

I'm such a dope, I forgot to post the 1981 schedule, so here it is...

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1981 Schedule

Exhibition Schedule

vs Los Angeles Rams
at Green Bay Packers
at San Francisco 49ers
vs Minnesota Vikings

Regular Season Schedule

vs San Diego Chargers
vs New York Giants
vs Cleveland Browns
vs New York Jets
at Oakland Raiders
vs New England Patriots
at Miami Dolphins
vs Denver Broncos
at Buffalo Bills
at San Diego Chargers
at Philadelphia Eagles
at San Antonio Gunslingers
vs Dallas Cowboys
at Denver Broncos
at Washington Redskins
vs Oakland Raiders

This is a really weird schedule. I get the first 4 at home, but really pay for it late in the season. I have some heavyweights on here too, trips to Philly, Washington, and a home game against the Cowboys. San Diego is the #1 ranked team pre-season and since they're in my division I have to play them twice. Playoffs are not out of the question, but the road will be tough.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #69
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (2-0)

at

San Francisco 49ers (2-0)

You are looking live...

At Candlestick Park, near the Bay in San Francisco where the host 49ers take on the Kansas City Chiefs. Both teams are 2-0 this preseason and both teams look very good. We are all hoping that no one gets hurt!

Kansas City Chiefs71306-26
San Francisco 49ers147710-38

The score does not do the buttwhipping that I got justice. This 49ers team is ready to take the next step and become an elite team. With QB Joe Montana running the ship this team is almost unbeatable. SF racked up over 460 yards of offense in this one as they took care of business. Player of the Game Joe Montana only played the first quarter and a half, but was lights out completing 10 of 11 passes for 177 yards. His backup Dave Wilson came in for the remainder of the game and totaled 140 yards. WR Greg Cox caught 4 of those passes for 134 yards. Chiefs QB Bill Kenney got the nod for the #2 QB today and after Joe Ferguson sat in the first quarter Kenney went 15 for 29 for 141 yards, a score, and 2 picks. Kenney did nothing except muddy the QB waters in this one.

We go home next week to take on Minnesota in the preseason finale, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-06-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #70
carolinahuey
Mascot

Minnesota Vikings (0-3)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (2-1)

You are looking live...

At a soggy Arrowhead Stadium. The temperature is in the fifties, there has been rain all weekend, and we're playing football. The is the final preseason tune-up for both clubs and there are a lot of questions to be answered on both sides of the ball for these two teams.

I only hope that this team plays this well in the regular season.
Minnesota Vikings01300-13
Kansas City Chiefs77710-31

The Chiefs, needing an answer at QB, decided to play all 3 of their QB's in this one. Joe Ferguson started and played the first half, he went 5 for 8, for 122 yards 2TDs and an INT. Bill Kenney came in for the 3rd quarter and went a perfect 7 for 7 with a TD and Tony Adams finished the game completing 3 of 4 passes for 28 yards. The MAN today was HB Horace Belton. Belton impressed this pre-season with Tony Reed seeing limited action and George Rogers sitting out the final 2 games. Today Belton had 148 yards, including a 46 yarder, on 20 carries.

Now comes the part no coach or GM likes. I have to cut this roster down and some guys aren't going to make it.

We'll see you next weekend for the season opener in Kansas City against the San Diego Chargers, see you then!

It's Cut Day in Kansas City and unfortunately these guys won't be suiting up for the Chiefs. We wish them the best in their future endeavors.

Harry Stanback
Mike Williams
Stan Rome
Dave Pureifory
Willie Dimry
Mike Clark

Coming up next.......the 1981 Kansas City Chiefs Depth Chart and Starting Line-Up

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-06-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #71
carolinahuey
Mascot

Here is a look at the 1981 Kansas City Chiefsdepth chart

starters in BOLD
QUARTERBACKS
Ferguson, JoeQB4Arkansas
Kenney, BillQB13Arizona State
Adams, TonyQB1Utah State
Fuller, SteveQB18Clemson
RUNNING BACKS
Belton, HoraceRB31Louisiana Monroe
Reed, TonyRB23Colorado
Rogers, GeorgeRB29South Carolina
FULLBACKS
McKnight, TedFB30Minnesota-Duluth
Hadnot, JamesFB22Texas Tech
RECEIVERS
Marshall, HenrySE88Missori
Smith, J.T.FL87North Texas
Rome, StanFL85Clemson
Carson, CarlosFL84LSU
Pearson, DrewFL81Tulsa
TIGHT ENDS
Dixon, AlTE83Iowa State
Beckman, EdTE86Florida State
OFFENSIVE LINEMAN
Budde, BradLG73USC
Simmons, BobLG69Texas
Hudson, NatLG67Georgia
Herkenhoff, MattLT66Minnesota
Getty, CharlieLT63Penn State
Rudnay, JackC54Northwestern
Ane, CharlieC56Michigan State
Rourke, JimRT79Boston College
Smith, FrankyRT65Alabama A&M
Condon, TomRG76Boston College
DEFENSIVE LINEMAN
Kremer, KentNT70Ball State
Still, ArtLDE71Kentucky
Lindstrom, DaveLDE99Boston
Parrish, DonLDT91Pittsburgh
Bell, MikeRDE94Colorado State
Hicks, SylvesterRDE75Tennessee State
Mangiero, DinoRDT74Rutgers
LINEBACKERS
Brudzinski, BobSLB52Ohio State
Blanton, JerryMLB53Kentucky
Manumaleuga, FrankMLB92UCLA
Singletary, MikeMLB57Baylor
Jackson, CharlesSLB98Washington
Taylor, LawrenceSLB95North Carolina
Howard, TomWLB58Texas Tech
Paul, WhitneyWLB50Colorado
Peterson, CalWLB96UCLA
DEFENSIVE BACKS
Green, GaryLCB26Baylor
Harris, EricRCB48Memphis
Houston, KenSS44Prarie View A&M
Carter, MiltonRCB45San Jose State
Rose, DonovanRCB37Hampton
Barbaro, GaryFS24Nicholls State
Christopher, HerbSS35Morris Brown
Reese, JerrySS27Oklahoma
Downs, MichaelSS49Rice
SPECIAL TEAMS
Lowery, NickK11Dartmouth
Grupp, BobP15Duke
Old 10-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #72
carolinahuey
Mascot

As of week 1 of the NFL season there is only 1 player from last year's NFL Draft that remains unsigned. James Brooks, the #1 overall pick by the Orlando Renegades has yet to reach an agreement. The #2 pick, Joe Delaney signed a 5 year deal worth $10.85 million dollars so the Renegades will have to beat that to get Brooks.

The following players have been released in order for teams to cut their rosters down to the maximum of 53.

Bob Golic by New Orleans
Vince Ferragamo by Green Bay
Hugh Green by Houston
Steve Pisarkiewicz by Memphis
Archie Griffin by Buffalo
Jim Haslett by Buffalo
Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #73
carolinahuey
Mascot

San Diego Chargers (0-0)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)

You are looking live..

At Arrowhead Stadium and the opening game of the 1981 NFL season. There are 78,200 fans here today to see the San Diego Chargers take on the Kansas City Chiefs.

Is there a woodshed on the field because Dan Fouts and the Chargers just took me behind it.
San Diego Chargers211000-31
Kansas City Chiefs00107-17

This game was over before the coin toss. San Diego went up 14-0 after 4 minutes, they were up 31-0 at halftime. I shut them down in the 2nd half and the offense came alive after I sat Joe Ferguson and sent Bill Kenney in, but it was too late. Chargers QB Dan Fouts, who was named Player of the Game, threw for 349 yards in this one on 24 of 31 passing and 3 TDs. It was like a whirlwind, the likes of which I have never seen. San Diego WRs John Jefferson and Billy Johnson both gained over 100 yards receiving. KC QB Joe Ferguson got the start, but was benched after throwing his 3rd pick of the first half. Bill Kenney, who might take over the #1 QB job, ended up completing 19 pf 30 passes for 247 yards and a score. Both Henry Marshall and J.T. Smith went over the 100 yard mark for the Chiefs.

This was not the way I wanted to start things in 1981, we'll see what happens next week when the Chiefs host the Giants, see you then.

James Brooks turned down a 5 year deal worth $10.38 million dollars. The Orlando Renegades are going to need to come up with some more dough.

Jim Haslett's unemployment didn't last long, less than a week after being cut by Buffalo the LB ended up in Denver. Haslett signed a $170,000 contract for this season.

Mark Malone was released by Green Bay

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-06-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #74
carolinahuey
Mascot

New York Giants (1-0)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

You are looking live...

At a full Arrowhead Stadium where the Chiefs are hosting the New York Giants. The Chiefs are looking for their first win of the season and there is a heated battle for the #1 QB spot.

This game was dreadful. The Chiefs offense was anemic at best and the Giants, like the Chargers, kept marching down the field and putting points on the board.
New York Giants01477-28
Kansas City Chiefs0030-3

The Chiefs O-Line allowed 6 sacks in this game and when you are trying to move the ball down the field, those sacks along with 8 penalties, make it tough. QB Joe Ferguson was again pulled in this one after completing only 4 passes for 20 yards through a quarter and a half. Backup Tony Adams didn't fare much better throwing for 99 yards on only 10 completions. RB Horace Belton did manage to tally 93 yards on the ground, but he didn't get the ball much late in the game. Giants QB Phil Simms went 21 for 30 for 175 yards and a score.

This Chiefs team is struggling. I need to take a close look at the O-Line, I can't have my QBs getting pounded into the ground. As for right now, Joe Ferguson is still the QB. Next week we are back here as the Chiefs welcome the Cleveland Browns, see you then!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #75
carolinahuey
Mascot

Cleveland Browns (1-1)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (0-2)

You are looking live...

At the home of the Chiefs, Arrowhead Stadium. Kansas City is still looking for its first 'W' this season. 77,400 fans are here today on an unseasonably cool day in the Midwest, the game time temp is 50 degrees.

Cleveland Browns3370-13
Kansas City Chiefs01076-23

This was a solid game for KC. The offense really seemed to find itself and QB Joe Ferguson had his best day as a Chief. Ferguson threw for 207 yards completing 15 of 21 passes a TD and a pick. Another free agent pick-up, Drew Pearson led all Chiefs in receiving with 77 yards on 5 catches, and a TD. Cleveland QB Brian Sipe completed 16 of 28 passes for 131 yards. There was a lot of ugly plays in this game, both teams combined for 8 fumbles and there were a total of 8 sacks, 2 by Player of the Game Art Still.

The Chiefs will end their 4 game home stand against the Jets next week, let's get this winning streak up to 2, see you then!

RB James Brooks and Orlando still have not reached an agreement on a contract. Brooks has now missed the entire pre-season and 3 regular season games. The Renegades stand at 2-1, getting their first win in franchise history in Week 1 against San Antonio.

Jack Tatum, one of the top DBs in the NFL will miss the next 5 months after undergoing Ankle Surgery this week. The Houston Oilers SS was tabbed with the Franchise Tag by the Oilers in the offseason. This is certainly a big blow to the Oilers 'D'.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #76
carolinahuey
Mascot

New York Jets (1-2)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)

You are looking live...

At a wind filled Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, MO. Today the Chiefs welcome in the New York Jets. These two teams met in the regular season finale last year with the Chiefs getting the win.

New York Jets7070-14
Kansas City Chiefs31370-23

Despite the win in this one, the now 2-2 Chiefs are still concerned about Joe Ferguson. I don't know what to do with this guy. Ferguson completed 22 of 31 passes for 253 yards and 2 TD tosses. BUT he had another 3 picks. He is giving the ball away too much for me to be happy with him at the helm. Player of the Game Drew Pearson stepped up with 5 catches for 108 yards and 2 TD receptions. In his first NFL start, HB George Rogers totaled 82 yards on 26 carries. The Jets had nothing going offensivley in this one and they turned the ball over 4 times which led to 16 Kansas City points.

We hit the road next weekend for the first time this season. We'll be heading to Oakland to take on the 3-1 Raiders, see you then!

WR J.T. Smith suffered a Broken Leg in last weekend's game against the Jets. Smith will be out of action for about 2 months. KC signed free agent FL Tinker Owens to replace Smith in the lineup. Owens, a 6 year vet out of Oklahoma, started the season with Dallas, but was let go during the pre-season.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-07-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #77
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (2-2)

at

Oakland Raiders (3-1)

You are looking live...

At Oakland Coliseum, just across the Bay from San Francisco, where a surprisingly low number of fans, 38,250, have shown up to cheer for the AFC West leading Raiders as they host the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs are looking to stay above water as the injuries pile up.

Kansas City Chiefs01073-20
Oakland Raiders710100-27

The Chiefs really had to make all the right moves to get this one close. KC scored the last 10 points and after Oakland missed a field goal with under 2 minutes to play, the Chiefs had their shot to tie it. They got as close as the 50, but the Prevent defense of the Raiders secured the win.

Joe Ferguson had a monster game. Ferguson threw for a total of 365 yards on 26 of 53 passes 2 TDs and only 1 pick. His favorite target was Henry Marshall who caught 10 passes for 181 yards and a TD. George Rogers had another solid day running the ball netting over 70 yards on 14 carries. The Player of the Game honor went to Oakland QB Jim Plunkett, the Raiders captain threw for 222 yards, completing 26 of 33 passes and 2 TD tosses.

The Chiefs have a BYE week coming up and will use this time to get some guys back on the field.

Good news on the injury front as the Chiefs have activated LB Bob Brudzinski and CB Gary Green. Both have been cleared by the Chiefs medical staff to return to practice. The Chiefs are off this week, but will host the New England Patriots in 2 weeks.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #78
carolinahuey
Mascot

New England Patriots (4-1)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (2-3)

You are looking live...

At Arrowhead Stadium, where tonight the Chiefs will take on last year's AFC East Champions, the New England Patriots. The Chiefs have struggled this season and really need to take advantage of all these home games early in the season. This place is SOLD OUT tonight and the fans were in for one heck of a game!

New England Patriots730210-31
Kansas City Chiefs314776-37

New England score 21 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to take the lead by 7. Joe Ferguson threw a TD pass to Henry Marshall with :07 in the game to tie it. New England gets the ball to begin overtime, they are driving and then on 3rd and 9, Steve Grogan throws a pick to Eric Harris and he returns it for the game winning TD!!!I need to catch my breath! Despite throwing a huge TD in the 4th quarter, KC QB Joe Ferguson had a so-so day. Ferguson completed 17 of 33 passes for 218 yards, and 3 scores. I know that so-so may not be the right description, but he could have really out this game out of reach in the third, but didn't. On the bright side he had 0 picks. Horace Belton, fresh off an injury, ran for 86 yards on 22 carries, and a score. Player of the Game honors went to Kansas City DE Art Still who was credited with 2.5 sacks. New England Steve Grogan ended up passing for 278 yards, 4 TDs, and 3 INTs.

The Chiefs are back to .500 and will be heading to the Sunshine State to take on the Miami Dolphins next week, see you then!

Horrible news from Denver. Broncos starting QB Matt Robinson is done for the season. In last week's game in San Diego, Robinson was scrambling for a defender and fell to the ground writhing in pain. It has been diagnosed that Robinson has suffered a Ruptured Achillies Tendon. This will require surgery and his season is over.

In Pittsburgh, FB Ron Springs is done for the season as well. In a game against Cincinnati, Springs was racing downfield on punt coverage and during the tackle of the ball carrier, his leg was folded back the wrong way and he suffered a Compund Leg Fracture and will not be back in action until next year.

Orlando and their first round pick James Brooks have still not reached an agreement on a contract.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #79
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (3-3)

at

Miami Dolphins (3-3)

You are looking live...

At the Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida where tonight the Miami Dolphins play host to the Kansas City Chiefs. Is there ever bad weather in Miami? Not today, it's a nice 84 degrees today as these two 3-3 teams prepare to take the field.

Kansas City Chiefs0700-7
Miami Dolphins010140-24

This was a close game in the first half, but the second half we were apparently playing with our helmets on backwards. Neither team was anything to write home about, but some players had outstanding games. Miami QB Don Strock, on his way to winning Player of the Game honors, completed 20 or 28 passes for 218 yards and 3 TDs. Chiefs QB Joe Ferguson, who was benched again late in this one, ended his day going 16 for 29 for a tD and 2 picks, that's right 2 more picks, AAAAHHHHH!

The Chiefs head home to take on Denver next weekend before hitting the road for a 4 game road trip that will have them criss-crossing the country, thanks NFL schedulers, see you next week!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #80
carolinahuey
Mascot

Denver Broncos (2-4)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (3-4)

You are looking live...

At a chilly Arrowhead Stadium, game time temp is 51 degrees and the Chiefs are ready to welcome the visiting Denver Broncos in this AFC West showdown. The Broncos are without the starting QB for the remainder of the season and with a win, the Chiefs can put some distance between themselves and the Broncos.
Denver Broncos00010-10
Kansas City Chiefs0333-9

1 TD and it was a punt return for Denver. Nothing, I couldn't get anything going. I can't even think of anything to write. Denver K Freddie Steinfort nailed a 51 yard field goal with :29 seconds left to get the win.

We hit the road and HAVE to win.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-07-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #81
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (3-5)

at

Buffalo Bills (3-5)

You are looking live...

At a very cold Ralph Wilson Stadium. The temperature is hovering near freezing and is expected the drop as the day passes and with the Chiefs offense D.O.A last week, let's hope this ship can be turned around and soon!

There is a HUGE storyline in this one. Chiefs QB Joe Ferguson led the Buffalo Bills to the 2nd Round of the playoffs last year and to a 9-7 record last season. During the offseason, the Bills stated they wanted to go in another direction and the Chiefs picked up Ferguson as their QB.

Kansas City Chiefs141403-31
Buffalo Bills7070-14

A tale of two halves for KC. I was amazed at the results I was getting in the first half and with a 28-7 halftime lead I was ecstatic. Player of the Game and former Bill, Joe Ferguson completed 20 of 30 passes for 298 yards, 2 TDs, and a pick. RB Horace Belton had another strong performance gaining 115 yards on 30 carries and WR Henry Marshall continues to shine in the abscence of J.T. Smith catching 7 passes for 135 yards. New Bills QB Mike Phipps went 23 for 38 for 239 yards and the Chiefs managed to keep HB Joe Cribbs to only 22 yards rushing.

This was just what the doctor ordered, this road trip can wreck this season, but with a win in the first game, Uncle Mo is back on the Chiefs sideline. Next week we travel out west for our 2nd matchup against San Diego. Maybe Dan Fouts will get kidnapped by aliens...see you then (Nah-Noo)
Old 10-07-2007, 07:03 PM   #82
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (4-5)

at

San Diego Chargers (7-2)

You are looking live...

At Jack Murphy Stadium, where the AFC West leading San Diego welcomes rival Kansas City. Dan Fouts and the Chargers are an awesome offense. This will be the second game of the season between the 2 teams.

Kansas City Chiefs3007-10
San Diego Chargers714010-31

No freaking hope. Just boom, boom, boom 21-3. San Diego QB Dan Fouts completed 21 of 30 passes for a mere 185 yards and a TD. It's rare that Fouts would have such a bad day and SD still gets a W, but that's why they are an elite team. Charger RB Chuck Muncie picked up the slack and carried the ball 16 times for 109 yards. The Chiefs struggles continue at QB. Joe Ferguson went 14 of 30 for only 114 yards and 2 more INTs. I don't know how this will all turn out, but right now it's not looking good.

Luckily, most of the AFC and the NFL for that matter is battling to remain around .500 so the hopes are still alive for KC to get into the postseason. As of right now only 1 team, the St Louis Cardinals, who are 0-10, have been eliminated. Next week our cross-country excursion continues as we head to play another offensive juggernaut the Philadelphia Eagles and last year's MVP Ron Jaworski, see you then!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #83
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (4-6)

at

Philadelphia Eagles (8-2)

You are looking live...

At a frozen Veterand Stadium in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia, PA. Today the high octane Eagles will welcome the Kansas City Chiefs in this inter-conference match-up.

I bet theses teams love to see me coming, I just run their offensive stats up, I mean WAY up.

Kansas City Chiefs0307-10
Philadelphia Eagles71770-31

I made a decision after this game. The Joe Ferguson era will not extend past this season. He is costing me too many games by throwing picks. I am going to go into the offseason with the intent of letting him go elsewhere. I need to build my O-Line up and get a QB before the draft. Player of the Game Ron Jaworski lit me up as he does every opponent. Jaws went 24 for 40 for 340 yards and 2 TDs. Both Harold Carmichael and Charlie Smith went over the century mark in receiving yards for Philly and RB Rick Prater pounded out 105 yards on the ground. Joe Ferguson had another blah day, completing 20 of 33 passes for 169 yards a TD and 2 more picks.

I really had a good shot at things this year, I thought, but the best laid plans, well you know. I am not done yet, but it's a long shot at best. My defense is decent, perhaps some help in my defensive backfield would be good, but it's my O-Line that needs the most help. We are heading down to San Antonio to take on the Gunslingers and hopefully get revenge for our loss there a year ago, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-08-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #84
carolinahuey
Mascot

Yes folks, it's that time of year when we look back at the season in College Football and celebrate the Champions and see who might be playing on Sundays.

1981 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
CLEMSON TIGERS

1981 HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER
MARCUS ALLEN - RB- USC

1981 COLLEGE BOWL GAMES
Bluebonnet Bowl - Michigan d. UCLA
California Bowl - Toledo d. San Jose State
Cotton Bowl - Texas d. Alabama
Fiesta Bowl - Penn State d. USC
Garden State Bowl - Tennessee d. Wisconsin
Gator Bowl - North Carolina d. Arkansas
Hall of Fame Classic - Mississippi State d. Kansas
Holiday Bowl - BYU d. Washington State
Independece Bowl - Texas A&M d. Oklahoma State
Liberty Bowl - Ohio State d. Navy
ORANGE BOWL - CLEMSON d. NEBRASKA **NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME***
Peach Bowl - West Virginia d. Florida
Rose Bowl - Washington d. Iowa
Sugar Bowl - Pittsburgh d. Georgia
Sun Bowl - Oklahoma d. Houston
Tangerine Bowl - Missouri d. Southern Miss

NCAA PROSPECTS entering the upcoming NFL DRAFT:
BANKS, Chip - LB- Penn State
McMAHON, Jim - QB - BYU
MUNCHAK, Mike - OG - Penn State
RIGGS, Gerald - RB- Arizona State
ALLEN, Marcus - RB - USC
WOOLFORK, Butch - RB - Michigan
QUICK, Mike - WR - NCSU
PARIS, Bubba - OT - Michigan
STARK, Rohn - P - Florida State
TIPPETT, Andre - LB - Iowa
MORRIS, Joe - RB - Syracuse
DUPER, Mark - WR- Northwestern State

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-08-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #85
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just finished reading through this, great job Huey, a lot of nostalgia here!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #86
carolinahuey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Just finished reading through this, great job Huey, a lot of nostalgia here!

Thank you for the kind words, these dynasties do take on a life of their own! I think my favorite part of this adventure is getting lost on Wikipedia or NFL.com remembering all these players. It's so funny looking back, but my friends and I used to collect those NFL Sticker Books and I went online and found one from 1982 on EBay and bought it, when it arrived I got very emotional because it brought back so many fond memories.

In fact I just went back on EBay and bought a near complete set of 1983 Topps
I love these cards! I can remember collecting them as a child and now I can do it again. I have a ton of baseball cards and really want to focus my collections on Hall of Fame Baseball Stars and older football sets. SWEET!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-09-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #87
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (4-7)

at

San Antonio Gunslingers (2-9)

You are looking live...

At Alamo Stadium in beautiful San Antonio, Texas. Tonight, the Gunslingers of San Antonio will be taking on the Kansas City Chiefs. Last year the Gunslingers upset the Chiefs in Week 1, will history repeat itself?

Kansas City Chiefs06015-21
San Antonio Gunslingers7700-14

It almost freakin did. 5 sacks, 3 lost fumbles, and 2 picks, I should be thanking my lucky stars that I got the win because San Antonio QB Mike Auer is apparently color blind and threw 2 picks in the 4th quarter. It was a struggle. The show that is known as "How Many Picks Can Joe Ferguson Throw," rolled into town and produced 2 more picks! I stand at 5-7 now with games against Dallas and in Washington left so if I am eliminated Mr Fergu-pick will be bench meat. Anywho, today Joe went 21 of 37 for 249 yards a TD and the INTs that I mentioned before. Horace Belton did what he could by running the ball for 94 yards and J.T. Smith had his second nice game in a row since coming back from injury cathing 7 passes for 99 yards. I forgot that San Antonio drafted Howie Long and boy is he a monster, it seemed his name was shown for every tackle.

We head back home to take on the Cowboys next weekend, and it's pretty much guaranteed that we have to win out to make the playoffs. See you in KC!

Starting DE Dino Mangiero suffered a Torn Rotator Cuff last week in San Antonio and he has opted for surgery to repair it. This means that Mangiero will be placed on IR and won't play again this season. I have become very fond of Dino, he is the heart and soul of my D and I will miss him. He has been very outspoken this year about his playing time and the schemes that we are running, I will speak to him in the offseason and make sure that he is happy next season when he is back and 100%. Since putting Dino on the shelf opens up a roster spot, we went out and signed former Chief John Banaszak. Banaszak was signed last season when injuries forced me to make a move, he played 7 games for us last year. When we didn't re-sign him this offseason he was picked up by Baltimore, who ended up releasing him after Week 1 this season.

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-08-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #88
carolinahuey
Mascot

Dallas Cowboys (9-3)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (5-7)

You are looking live...

At a sold out Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs are hosting the Dallas Cowboys this week and this is a BIG game. The Chiefs have to win out in order to stay alive for the postseason and the Cowboys are in a neck and neck fight for the NFC East with the Eagles and the Redskins.

Dallas Cowboys70010-17
Kansas City Chiefs7633-19

Before I write this little synopsis, the Joe Ferguson era has ended. Ferguson threw 3 more picks including one late in this one. I benched him, brought in Tony Adams and he drove us down to the Dallas 2 yard line, where Nick Lowery hit the GW FG with under a minute to play. The Cowboys were in trouble early. QB Danny White went 2 for 5 before having to leave the game with a Hyperextended Elbow, he didn't return. White's backup Jim Green came in and completed 15 passes for 134 yards. Tony Dorsett scored twice and ran for 81 yards. KC WR J.T. Smith caught 8 balls for 151 yards, but the Player of the Game was DE Art Still. Still, who leads the NFL in sacks, sacked Jim Green 2 times and credited with an assist as well. This is the biggest win since I took over the Chiefs. I am so happy now that Ferguson is no mas.

The Chiefs are on their way to Denver and are looking to avenge that loss earlier this season. It's simple win and we're alive, lose and ......see you then!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 AM   #89
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (6-7)

at

Denver Broncos (5-8)

You are looking live...

At the only stadium that is a mile above sea level. We are in Denver where the air up here is cold. 75,100 fans and rain and 37 degree temperature welcome the Chiefs to town for the AFC West match-up. The name of the game is the same (hey that rhymed), win or else. This is also the first start of the NoFergusuck Era.

Kansas City Chiefs01470-21
Denver Broncos3773-20

Boy do we like it interesting. Here is a team that has lost their starting QB and is pretty banged up on defense and we lose one to them earlier and squeak by in this one. Those 3 points in the 4th were scored with about 7 minutes to go, we had 2 3-and-outs after that, but our D managed to hold on.

In his first start of the season, Chiefs QB Tony Admas goes out and wins Player of the Game honors. Adams threw for 258 yards, completing 19 of 27 passes, threw 2 TDs and here's the biggie...no interceptions! WR Drew Pearson was the receiving star, catching 5 passes for 108 yards. Denver QB Earnest Dole had a very solid game passing for 280 yards, 2 TDs, and no picks in the losing effort.

As the game was winding down and the scores were posted, it became official; Kansas City has been eliminated from post season contention.

It's on to Washington and the Redskins, see you then!

Last edited by carolinahuey : 10-09-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #90
carolinahuey
Mascot

Kansas City Chiefs (7-7)

at

Washington Redskins (11-3)

You are looking live...

At RFK Stadium, in the shadow of out Nation's Capital. Today the Redskins will be welcoming the Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs aren't in the hunt for the postseason, but the Skins can clinch the NFC East with a win today.

Kansas City Chiefs3700-10
Washington Redskins014713-34

When the going gets tough, the Chiefs forget how to play football. Congratulations to the Redskins, who for the 2nd straight year are NFC East Champions! I was giddy for a while as the Chiefs jumped out to a 10-0 lead, but that was just false hope as the Redskins then put on a show. Player of the Game Joe Theismann ended up throwing for 251 yards completing 24 of 30 passes and a TD. RB Wilbur Jackson pounded out 81 yards on the ground and the Redskins' D was responsible for 5 sacks. On the Chiefs side of the field Tony Adams, in his 2nd start, did a great job. Despite throwing a pick, Adams completed 23 of 39 passes for 229 yards. Drew Pearson, who is coming on like J.T. Smith did last season, caught 7 passes for 100 yards and KC's only TD.

Next week we head home for the regular season finale against the Oakland Raiders. The record tells you what's on the line, .500 or a losing season. See you in KC!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #91
carolinahuey
Mascot

Oakland Raiders (8-7)

at

Kansas City Chiefs (7-8)

You are looking live...

At Arrowhead Stadium, where tonight the 1981 regular season ends as the Raiders come calling to take on the Chiefs. It is a warm day, for this time of year, it's 44 degrees and this place is sold out as the fans are hoping to see the Chiefs win and push their season record to 8-8.

Oakland Raiders3373-16
Kansas City Chiefs0307-10

Just a flat performance. The Chiefs had nothing going on offense tonight and it showed as they fall to 7-9 for the season. QB Tony Adams ended the night completing 21 of 35 passes for 190 yards, a TD, and a pick. That was about the only "good" thing to write about for the Chiefs. On the Raiders side QB Jim Plunkett wasn't lighting it up either completing only 16 out of 30 passes for 188 yards and a TD.

I am a little disappointed this season. I thought we had answered some questions this team faced in the offseason, but all we got was more questions. As this offseason approaches we need to look at our QB situation, our O-Line, and our DBs. We have a solid core of LBs and our defensive line is on of the best in the league. It will happen for us, hopefully next year!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #92
carolinahuey
Mascot

1981 NFL FINAL STANDINGS

AFC EastWLTNFC EastWLT
New England1240Washington1330
Miami790Philadelphia1060
New York 6100Dallas1060
Buffalo4120New York880
AFC NorthNFC North
Pittsburgh1420Detroit1240
Cleveland1240Chicago880
Cincinnati1060Green Bay790
Baltimore5110Minnesota6100
AFC SouthNFC South
Houston1060Atlanta1150
Indianapolis790Tampa Bay6100
Orlando5110New Orleans6100
San Antonio2140Memphis3130
AFC WestNFC west
San Diego1150San Francisco1240
Oakland970Los Angeles880
Kansas City790Seattle880
Denver5110St Louis2140

Here is a look at the 1981 NFL WILD CARD Round Match-ups:

AFC
Cincinnati (10-6) at San Diego (11-5)
Cleveland (12-4) at Houston (10-6)

NFC
Dallas (10-6) at San Francisco (12-4)
Philadelphia (10-6) at Atlanta (11-5)

Stay tuned for some great NFL Playoff Action!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #93
carolinahuey
Mascot

Here is a look at the 1981 Kansas City Chiefs Team Statistics

PassingATTCMPYDSTDINT
Joe Ferguson3812262,7381422
Tony Adams1157073642
Bill Kenney573538922

RushingATTYDSTD100+
Horace Belton20287732
George Rogers ®9135700
Tony Reed4720120
Ted McKnight294410

RecevingRECYDSTD100+
Henry Marshall841,13063
J.T. Smith3665012
Drew Pearson4260643
Carlos Carson4353710
Al Dixon3221740
Ted McKnight2620720
Tinker Owens1316910
Tony Reed1711010
George Rogers ®189200
Horace Belton127400
Ed Beckman54200

KickingFGFGAPCTLGXPXPAPCT
Nick Lowery232882.1%55262796%

Punting#YDSAVG<20LG
Bob Grupp914,14145.53463

Sacks#
Art Still18.0
Sylvester Hicks11.5
Don Parrish6.5
Kent Kremer4.0
Mike Fuller3.0
Bob Brudzinski2.5
Frank Manumaleuga2.0
Cal Peterson1.5
Tom Howard1.0
Eric Harris0.5
Mike Bell0.5

Interceptions#
Eric Harris4
Gary Barbaro2
Gary Green2
Milton Carter1
Herb Christopher1
Mike Fuller1
Frank Manumaleuga1
Donovan Rose1
Lawrence Taylot1
Old 10-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #94
carolinahuey
Mascot

NFL WILD CARD PLAYOFFS

34 21
at San Diego

San Diego missed the playoffs last season due to Dan Fouts being out for over a month, this year they get in and can't get past the first round. Cincinnati score the final 17 points in this one to advance. In what might go down as one of the best QB battles in the playoffs Player of the Game Ken Anderson of Cincy bested San Diego QB Dan Fouts. Anderson threw for 271 yards and 3 TDs and got the win. Fouts managed 307 yards total, but threw a costly pick late in the game.

27 17
at Houston

Cleveland relied on the arm of Player of the Game Brian Sipe and the quick legs of RB Greg Pruitt to dispatch of AFC South Champion Houston. Sipe passed for only 135 yards, but did complete 16 of 20 passes and Pruitt rushed for over 130 yards and 2 scores to help Cleveland advance. Oiler RB Earl Campbell ran for 116 yards on 11 carries and a score, but the Oilers just couldn't sustain any drives in the second half to pull out the W.

21 31
at San Francisco

The Dallas Cowboys, who missed the playoffs last season and were in a heated battle all season long in the NFC East came up short in this one. Despite going into halftime with a 21-14 lead, the Cowboys were shutout in the second half while the host 49ers put up 17 to get the win. Player of the Game Joe Montana went 27 for 38 for 250 yards and 4 TDs. Dallas QB Danny White struggled all day completing only 12 of 30 passes for a mere 126 yards.

10 30
at Atlanta

For the second straight season, the high octane Eagles offense make an early exit from the playoffs, this time at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons. The reason for their early departure might be due to the fact that their star QB Ron Jawowski suffered a separated shoulder in the season's final game and was not available for this game. Philadelphia followed their M.O. however in this one jumping out to a 10-0 first quarter lead, but then the wheels came of the offense and Atlanta scored 30 unanswered and ended the Eagles season. Player of the Game Steve Bartkowski lead the Falcons aerial assualt passing for 237 yards and a TD. Eagles back up QB Joe Pisarcik did have a good day, completing 21 of 44 passes for 287 yards, but when you lose an asset like Jaworski you have to play a perfect game.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #95
carolinahuey
Mascot

NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS
20 23
at Pittsburgh

A huge sigh of relief can be heard from the Steel City. With :38 seconds to go Pittsburgh K Tim Mazzetti nailed a 49 yard field goal to break a 20-20 tie and give the Steelers the lead and less than a minute later their 4th straight trip to the AFC Championship Game. The game time temp was a bone chilling 29 degrees and that may have played a hand in usually sharp Terry Bradshaw being the difference, but Bradshaw struggled mightily in this one completing only 17 of 38 passes for 193 yards, no TDs, and 4 INTs. Franco Harris, who won Player of the Game honors, carried the Steelers on his back rushing for 143 yards and 2 TDs. Ken Anderson, whose arm Cincinnati has relied on all year, was strong again. Anderson went 27 of 54 for 283 yards, but it just wasn't enough.

7 19
at New England

Another below freezing game and another offensive struggle. New England's John Smith punched in 4 field goals in this one and that helped the Patriots advance to their first ever AFC Championship Game. Patriots QB Steve Grogan completed 27 of 36 passes for 277 yards and that helped New England get into field goal range and that was all that was needed. Cleveland QB Brian Sipe ended the day throwing for 207 yards and his 2 INTs, one returned for the only NE TD, really cost the Browns the game.

13 26
at Washington, D.C.

In a rematch of last season's NFC Championship Game, the Redskins got the victory again and will be heading back to the Conference Championship Game next weekend. The Redskins totaled of 420 yards of total offense in this game behind Player of the Game Joe Theismann's 276 passing yards and RB Wilbur Jackson's 96 yard rushing performance. The magic ran out for Falcon QB Steve Bartkowski, he completed only 18 of 35 passes for 163 yards.

7 17
at Detroit

At least this game was inside a dome. I wouldn't want to think about the weather in Detroit this time of year! Apparently the comfort of a dome made the offenses relax a little too much. Not much going on for either side in this one. Detroit QB Gary Danielson, who has been an All-Pro this season, passed for 149 yards on 14 of 20 passes, but it was Billy Sims, the Player of the Game, who led the Lions with 116 yards on the ground. 49ers QB Joe Montana looked a little rusty in this one and struggled in completing 25 of 47 passes for 265 yards.

Conference Championships:
AFC
New England at Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh defeated New England 28-21 in week 13 in Pittsburgh

NFC
Detroit at Washington
Did not meet in the regular season

See you next week!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 PM   #96
carolinahuey
Mascot

NFL CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

One Word....COLD!!!!

13 16
at Pittsburrrrrrrgh

25 degrees, snow- that's football weather in Pittsburgh, PA. For the second straight game Pittsburgh needed a Tim Mazzetti field goal for a victory, but this one was much more exciting! New England scored 10 4th quarter points to tie the game at 13 and force OT. In OT, New England was driving after both teams punted once and New England QB Steve Grogan threw a most untimely interception and that set up a 23-yard field goal which Tim Mazzetti nailed and the Steelers are going back to the Super Bowl. Terry Bradshaw seemed to find himself in this one, winning Player of the Game honors, throwing for 303 yards, completing 23 of 28 passes and tossing a TD to WR Lynn Swann. Grogan, helped the Patriots force overtime throwing for 254 yards, but that pick in the extra frame allowed Pittsburgh to win.

17 27
at Washington, D.C.

Apparently Detroit should have stayed indoors. The game time temp in our Nation's Capital was a brisk 33 degrees and the Lions appeared frozen as the Redskins jumped out to a 20-7 lead before halftime. Redskins QB Joe Theismann threw for a monster 346 yards on 21 of 34 passes, 2 TDs and a pick and that helped the Redskins advance to the Super Bowl and a rematch with the Steelers. Lions QB Gary Danielson, who was responsible for the Lions success this year did all he could. Danielson threw for 179 yards in this one completing 24 of 44 passes and the Redskins held the NFL's leading rusher Billy Sims to under 75 yards and that was all it took for a return trip to the Big One!

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is all set. January 24, 1982 live from Detroit, Michigan from inside the Pontiac Silverdome it will be the NFC Champions Washington Redskins in a rematch of last year's Super Bowl,. against the AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. We can't wait for this one, we will see you in Detroit!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #97
carolinahuey
Mascot

TALE OF THE TAPE
Pittsburgh SteelersWashington Redskins
14-2Record13-3
463Points For418
209Points Against267
1695Rushing YDS1847
4045Passing YDS4242
71.1Red Zone %82.8
41.23rd Down %41.1
1493Rushing YDS Allowed1591
3335Passing YDS Allowed3591
+26Turnover Margin+15
Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #98
carolinahuey
Mascot

Welcome to Detroit, Michigan and Welcome to Super Bowl XVI! We have a rematch of Super Bowl XV between the Washington Redskins and the Pittsburgh. These are the 2 best teams in the NFL and this one should be a GREAT GAME!

6 10

In what can only be called a Dynasty, the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Washington Redskins 10-6 and won their 4th straight Super Bowl and their 6th overall. That is unbelievable and we are lucky to say that we have been witness to it!

Slow out of the gate and not much more after that! Pittsburgh went into halftime with a 7-3 lead, Washington made it close at 7-6 in the 3rd, but once again a field goal by Tim Manzzetti sealed the win for the Steelers. These two teams, who met in last year's Super Bowl, are filled with All-Pros, but today the stars just didn't shine as bright. Pittsburgh QB Terry Bradshaw completed 22 of 39 passes for 207 yards, a TD and a pick. Steeler HB Franco Harris rushed for 86 yards and WR John Stallworth scored the only TD and also totaled 107 receiving yards. Player of the Game honors went to CB J.T. Thomas of Pittsburgh. Thomas was the leader of the Steel Curtain D in this one, credited with 5 tackles and a sack. Washington QB Joe Theismann looked off his game as well in this one, completing 18 of 33 passes for 156 yards. Pittsburgh did manage to shut down RB Wilbur Marshall, holding him to just 35 yards rushing.

Another great season and another great Super Bowl. It is going to be fun to see how long the Steelers can keep their run going and who might step up to dethrone them. We'll see you in Training Camp next summer!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #99
carolinahuey
Mascot

AND THE AWARD GOES TO..

It is once again that time of the year where we take a moment and celebrate the individual performances that made this an unbelievable NFL season.

NFL MOST VALUABLE PLAYER:
DAN FOUTS - QB - San Diego Chargers

NFL OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:
DAN FOUTS - QB - San Diego Chargers
NFL DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR:
MARK MULLANEY - DE - Minnesota Vikings
NFL OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:
FREEMAN McNEIL - RB - Cincinnati Bengals
NFL DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:
DERON CHERRY - FS - Oakland Raiders

NFL ALL-PRO SELECTIONS
QB
Dan Fouts

Joe Montana
RB
Earl Campbell

Walter Payton
FB
Leroy Harris

Ted McKnight
TE
Don Hasselbeck

Todd Christensen
WR
John Jefferson

Dwight Clark

Harold Carmichael

John Stallworth
C
Tom Rafferty

Tom De Leone
OG
Joe DeLamielleure

John Hannah

Dennis Harrah

John Ayers
OT
Pat Donovan

Anthony Munoz

George Starke

Dan Jiggetts
P
George Roberts

Luke Prestridge
K
Eddie Murray

Jim Breech
DE
Mark Mullaney

Jesse Baker

Art Still

Bubba Baker
DT
Charlie Johnson

Joe Greene

Randy White

Doug English
ILB
Carl Ekern

Joe Federspiel
OLB
Rod Shoate

Woodrow Lowe

Charlie Hall

Jack Ham
CB
Steve Wilson

Mario Clark

Mike Haynes

William Judson
S
Ray Oldham

Deron Cherry

Gary Fencik

Donnie Shell

Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #100
carolinahuey
Mascot

Another season has come and gone and he must say goodbye to some of our heroes. This game is better because they suited up and played on Sundays.

NOTABLE RETIREES:
Mel Gray
L.C. Greenwood
Franco Harris
Jim Hart
John Matuszak
Alan Page
Jack Rudnay
Art Shell
Jan Stenerud

It has also been reported to this publication that last year's #1 pick, James Brooks, will re-enter the draft. Brooks was picked #1 overall last season by Orlando, but couldn't reach an agreement on a contract.

PAY TO THE ORDER OF:
If teams are struggling to fill holes on their rosters, the free agent signing period is like Christmas (or Hannukah) for them.

NOTABLE FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:
Dick Jauron-
Washington Redskins
$370,000 / 1 year

Lyle Alzado-
St Louis Cardinals
$630,000 / 1yr

Dan Pasorini-
Denver Broncos
$410,000 / 1yr

J.T. Thomas-
Memphis Showboats
$2.70 million / 2yrs

Joe Ferguson-
Cincinnati Bengals
$2.71 million / 3yrs

The following players were resigned by the Chiefs:
Milton Carter
Franky Smith
Tinker Owens
Mike Fuller
Horace Belton
Bob Grupp
Cal Peterson
John Banaszek
Tony Adams

The Chiefs were relatively quiet on the free agent front this offseason, the following were the only ones I went after, luckily I got them!

Steve DeBerg - QB
$320,000 / 1yr
I passed on DeBerg last season once Ferguson signed, but I like his stats and he came at a steal since he wanted out of San Francsico and out of Joe Montana's shadow.

Doug Dieken - LT
$1.47 million / 2 yrs
Really wanted to strengthen my offensive line and Dieken is the man to start with. He played the previous 2 seasons in Cleveland and brings leadership and experience to KC.