Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #51
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
did anyone else get kicked out of the game. i got terminated and cant reconnect. when i try to get back it, the window starts going through the different players, connecting to each one, and when it gets to "Sharon", i get an error that says i cant connect to Sharon because his firewall is not configured properly, and i get dropped back to the connection screen.

I am now getting this message with saldana having the firewall problem.

Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #52
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
I get to the where it is finished loading and the game just hangs. I had no trouble last night. Anyone else have this?

You should be able to log in now. There was a Sync error earlier, but that's been fixed.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #53
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
You should be able to log in now. There was a Sync error earlier, but that's been fixed.

This started about 5 minutes ago. Its now hanging on Celeval.

Odd, I had no problems last night.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:12 PM   #54
saldana
Pro Starter

try now wvu
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #55
Celeval
Pro Starter

REQUEST FOR RE-RESTART

The original placement sucks. My two units are immediately next to WVUFan's already-built city, with nowhere else to go. For me? Not a problem. For WVUFan? A lot of trouble. Sucky way to start.

Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #56
Celeval
Pro Starter

Hehe... sorry, WVU. Sucky start, though, and I wouldn't mind restarting.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #57
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
FranklinNoble took my civ.

I'm in, tho.

Sorry, dude... I didn't realize anyone had dibs...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #58
WVUFAN
College Starter

We won't restart just because I got unlucky. Sometimes the game just happens that way. :-) People have been inconvenienced enough already.

Excellent move in eliminating me as soon as possible though, Celeval. It's what I would do.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #59
Franklinnoble
Banned

Uh... is the game set to re-spawn if you get whacked that early?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #60
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Uh... is the game set to re-spawn if you get whacked that early?

Nope. It'll be the end of the game for me. It's all good, though, as I said, sometimes it just works out that way.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #61
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Nope. It'll be the end of the game for me. It's all good, though, as I said, sometimes it just works out that way.

But then you are hosting the server till the end of time? Can you host another one, or is your PitBoss program dedicated to this?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #62
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
We won't restart just because I got unlucky. Sometimes the game just happens that way. :-) People have been inconvenienced enough already.

Excellent move in eliminating me as soon as possible though, Celeval. It's what I would do.

Dude... not cool. We should re-start. It's pretty weak having that sort of starting location.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:24 PM   #63
Runtheball
High School JV

Well there couldn't be a worse starting location, could there? I can't believe the game would allow that, and I've never had that happen in single player.

I'd have no problem restarting because of this, but I'd hope that a map that has huge land masses would avoid this kind of setup.
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Runtheball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #64
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
But then you are hosting the server till the end of time? Can you host another one, or is your PitBoss program dedicated to this?

It's not a good idea to try and host two games from the same IP. I tried a test and it didn't turn out well.

Just because I get eliminated doesn't mean the game ends. It's really no big deal for me to host the game, and I have another PBEM game I'm active in.

Hell, if push comes to shove, I'll retire the Japs and grab an open Civ, since I think the only one that hasn't retaken their civ is Gstelmack, and I'm making sure there's a spot open for him.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #65
saldana
Pro Starter

i'm cool with a restart, i havent even founded my city yet. i agree that is shitty that the computer set it up that way. with all the trouble WVU is going through to host this, the least we can do is give him a chance to play
Old 05-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #66
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i'm cool with a restart, i havent even founded my city yet. i agree that is shitty that the computer set it up that way. with all the trouble WVU is going through to host this, the least we can do is give him a chance to play

Ditto. I don't think anyone disagrees with the need to restart.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:33 PM   #67
WVUFAN
College Starter

ok ...

Ok, then.

I really appreciate you letting me restart this, given that you really don't have to. I do appreciate it.

We'll restart, then. This should be the last time, and I apologize for doing it. We'll do 12 players again. Retake your civs.

Game will be again FOFC Global, same IP, same info.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:36 PM   #68
WVUFAN
College Starter

Game restarted

The game has been restarted. Please log on and grab your civs ... again. :-)

Last time. I mean it this time. Barring any technical errors, we're not restarting again.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #69
Franklinnoble
Banned

Ugh... Sharon just logged in and took Persia, and Bismark is right next door... not as bad as WVUFan and Celeval, but Germany will have nowhere to grow, and has a rotten spot.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:49 PM   #70
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Ugh... Sharon just logged in and took Persia, and Bismark is right next door... not as bad as WVUFan and Celeval, but Germany will have nowhere to grow, and has a rotten spot.

Ack. It just may be the number of civs we have. I have the map this time as Balanced and Huge. I dunno what else I should do.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #71
Franklinnoble
Banned

Well, Bismark is screwed... here's a screen shot:

Old 05-26-2006, 12:55 PM   #72
Franklinnoble
Banned

This peer-to-peer connection thingy... can that be turned off? I'm erroring out trying to connect to runtheball and saldana...
Old 05-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #73
WVUFAN
College Starter

Aside from lowering the number of civs, I don't know how to fix this. Is there a map with larger amounts of landmass I can use? Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 05-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #74
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
This peer-to-peer connection thingy... can that be turned off? I'm erroring out trying to connect to runtheball and saldana...

Nope. Are you and Sharon behind a firewall or proxy?

Old 05-26-2006, 01:01 PM   #75
Franklinnoble
Banned

What kind of map are you using? I like the fractal maps.

We're not behind a firewall or anything... it's like I can connect fine, as long as certain other peers aren't connected before me.

Anyhow... I'd advise against anyone taking Bismark, if they can help it. That's a no-win scenario right there...
Old 05-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #76
WVUFAN
College Starter

I'm using the "Balanced" map. Same map I used in the first 10 player setup.

The second time I used Continents, but I figured there was too much ocean area, so I switched back.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #77
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Anyhow... I'd advise against anyone taking Bismark, if they can help it. That's a no-win scenario right there...

It's rough and would be a challenge, but he hasn't settled, and can move south, so it's technically not a no-win. Certainly a challenge, though. I wonder if someone out there is so confident that they think they can take Germany to victory?

Old 05-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #78
Vince
Pro Starter

Hey, so I'm about to jump into the new game, and I notice there are different rulers. Anyone object to me not being the French (I sort of took them as a last resort option yesterday )?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:15 PM   #79
Runtheball
High School JV

I'm using Zonealarm, but have given the program (and the packet-thingy) all available permissions. I'm sure the problem of connecting is not with me, as I've connected and chatted with several other players on each run of this game so far. In fact, I was connected and chatting before I went in and gave those progams all available permissions, so that step was apparently unnecessary.
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 05-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #80
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Hey, so I'm about to jump into the new game, and I notice there are different rulers. Anyone object to me not being the French (I sort of took them as a last resort option yesterday )?

Take who you want. Wouldn't recommend the Germans, unless you want a real challenge.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #81
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

I changed my empire's name, so I hope there's no problems with it...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:19 PM   #82
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I changed my empire's name, so I hope there's no problems with it...

You always change your empire's name. It's cool.

How do you do that, btw? I want to make West Virginia a nation.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #83
saldana
Pro Starter

pick My Options on the main menu
Old 05-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #84
Franklinnoble
Banned

In the options screen.

I might come up with a clever name for mine...
Old 05-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #85
WVUFAN
College Starter

And just like that, someone with some big ... aspirations took Germany. Kudos to whomever did that.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:23 PM   #86
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

I picked up the Germans just as I was following the thread...then I continued to read down. ARGH!!! Should have read the whole thread first. Oh well, should be interesting to see how many turns I last.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:25 PM   #87
Vince
Pro Starter

Fear the Malinese, and our army of flat-tailed hooligans.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 PM   #88
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
I picked up the Germans just as I was following the thread...then I continued to read down. ARGH!!! Should have read the whole thread first. Oh well, should be interesting to see how many turns I last.

I can kick you from Germany, so you can pick another civ if you want, Miller. I don't want you to keep them if you're not comfortable.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #89
WVUFAN
College Starter

dola -- Germany has been retired from the game. It is ... no more.

EDIT: There are 3 Civs left. One spot is reserved for GStelmack, if he chooses to play. The other three -- come and take 'em! Lonnie, Barkeep -- if you are interested, come on and join us. One turn a day -- minimum! Ceneval, Samdari, still have places for you two.

Huayna Capac -- TAKEN
Napoleon -- TAKEN
Qin Shi Huang -- TAKEN
Montezuma

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-26-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #90
Franklinnoble
Banned

I think that's probably for the best. That would have ended up just being an early game rush to who can build the first warrior, and it would have taken a lot of fun out of it.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:31 PM   #91
Franklinnoble
Banned

I've changed my Civ name to "California."

Now if I could only find an Arnold Schwarzenegger leaderhead mod...
Old 05-26-2006, 02:35 PM   #92
saldana
Pro Starter

i'm out til about 10:30, so i will get my 2nd turn in as soon as i come home from work, assuming its moved up by then
Old 05-26-2006, 03:03 PM   #93
WVUFAN
College Starter

Reminder -- make sure you click "End Turn" when you're done. You should see something that says "Waiting on other civilizations ...". Otherwise the system doesn't have you down for your turn being over.

Example: I know runtheball has been on a few times, but you never ended your turn. :-) I did the exact same thing on this turn before i caught it, so I wanted to give a heads-up.

Remember, the sooner everyone takes their turn, the sooner the new turn pops up.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #94
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I grabbed the Incans and renamed them. Looked like the Aztecs were the only one still open.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #95
WVUFAN
College Starter

Player List

Ok, I'm at work, so someone fill in the rest of the players for me:

Here's the list of active players in this game:

WVUFan
Vince
Runtheball
Saldana
JeeberD
FranklinNobel
Sharon
Miller Time
GStalmack
??

Old 05-26-2006, 06:17 PM   #96
Runtheball
High School JV

Quote:
Reminder -- make sure you click "End Turn" when you're done. You should see something that says "Waiting on other civilizations ...". Otherwise the system doesn't have you down for your turn being over.

Example: I know runtheball has been on a few times, but you never ended your turn. :-) I did the exact same thing on this turn before i caught it, so I wanted to give a heads-up.

Remember, the sooner everyone takes their turn, the sooner the new turn pops up.

Now that's weird, cause I'm positive I ended my turn. Well, I'm going to log back on now and will fix it, but ... I'm sure I ended my turn so I hope there isn't some glitch. And if I'm wrong I'm sorry I held things up.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 05-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #97
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runtheball
Now that's weird, cause I'm positive I ended my turn. Well, I'm going to log back on now and will fix it, but ... I'm sure I ended my turn so I hope there isn't some glitch. And if I'm wrong I'm sorry I held things up.

There should be still a civ open, so you didn't hold anything up until that civ gets taken.

EDIT: In the Pitboss admin page, it lets us know when someone's turn is ended. I'm just going by that. It could be wrong, and if it is, sorry. :-)

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-26-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #98
Runtheball
High School JV

You were right. I screwed up. Sorry about that.
I believe that the little star beside our names in the lower right corner is also an indication of who has finished their turn.
Glad to see I didn't cause a delay, as the Aztecs are still available.
-- The Lawgiver
Old 05-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #99
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runtheball
Glad to see I didn't cause a delay, as the Aztecs are still available.

Who took the Chinese?

Old 05-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #100
Celeval
Pro Starter

I'm in as Monte.