Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How Much Soda Do You Drink On An Average Day?
None 45 30.61%
0-1 L 65 44.22%
1-2 L 24 16.33%
2-3 L 8 5.44%
3-5 L 4 2.72%
5-7 L 0 0%
7-9 L 1 0.68%
> 9 L 0 0%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #51
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Since the Throwbacks have come out I've been killing both of them. Once they go away, I'm sure i'll cut down to normal levels.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #52
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
No pop for me....water, milk and beer only.

+1 Although tonic water is known to creep in to my gin.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:13 PM   #53
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

My pop intake is limited to Vanillia Coke Zero with rum
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #54
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm... about 2-3 now. Though I throw down like 3 coffee drinks a day (as anyone on my Twitter feed knows )
Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #55
Danny
Head Coach

No a daily basis none, but maybe about once a week or two I will get 2 liter bottle of diet soda and drink it over the course of a day or two. I don't keep it in the house cause I do drink it if it is here.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #56
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Hmmm... about 2-3 now. Though I throw down like 3 coffee drinks a day (as anyone on my Twitter feed knows )

Yes, you always make me jealous when I see you're going for your afternoon coffee jaunt when I'm stuck at my desk.

Then again, that's why I brought a Keurig into my office, for the "just in case."

I guess I never said what I do drink:
I start the day with ~20 oz of coffee (after my workout if I workout in the morning)
After that, I switch to water. Sometimes it's Special K Protein Water (pink lemonade, from the packets) or Propel (Berry, Lemon, or Grape), but usually it's just regular water in my Nalgene bottle.
Sometimes I have a cup of tea in the morning, after the coffee. It's usually green or white (at my desk now are Tazo Berryblossom White and a chai white tea from Celestial Seasonings, in addition to some herbal things I have).
Water at lunch (with lemon!)
Water in the afternoon, sometimes a cup of tea (white or green usually).
Water or skim milk when I get home.

If I'm drinking alcohol, it's wine (red or white), gin & tonic, or Jack & Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, or beer. Those are my normal drinks. Sometimes I do the margarita route (1 part tequila, 1 part triple sec, 1 part Rose's lime juice), sometimes bourbon or cognac, very rarely vodka & juice. I'm intrigued by the idea of Dr. Pepper and coconut rum, though.

But yeah, mostly water for me.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #57
tarcone
Coordinator

Diet Pepsi. I get a 32 oz soda in the morning before school. I drink a can of soda at lunch. Then my downfall is I fill my 64 oz cup after school and suck on that the rest of the night.

I grew up saying pop until I moved to Missouri. Now I call it soda.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #58
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Back when I worked in a restaurant(and Im sure Jeebs can attest to this as well) we had unlimited free soda. It was hot and miserable. We might be talking about 5-6 litres on a busy night. Easily.
When I worked at a convenience store, it was hell because the only free drinks were sodas, chill zones (similar to slurpee's), and hot chocalates/cappucinos, and according to my co-workers you could only get ice and wait for it to melt if you wanted water. It took me a week to realize they were idiots and you could put ice in a cup than hot water to get ice water, but still having all those sodas there during boring 8-hour shifts was terrible. Plus all the junk food you could think to eat, combined with no healthy options. (Seriously, we had protein bars, then maybe trail mix/nuts. If you think any of those sandwiches are healthy, you're dumb.) It was brutal.

Now that I'm out of there, I fall into the category where the only carbonated drinks are beer or mixers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I dont drink soda unless I want to get drunk, then its Dr. Pepper and coconut Rum
Coke/Pineapple Juice/Cap'n Morgans, or Dr Pepper/Amaretto/Morgan's for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
To be honest, with pop I worry more about my teeth than my muscles.
Drink it through a straw. That's what my dentist always recommended when I was young. Plus it's probably so awkward you'll cut down on the amount of soda.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 05-22-2009 at 12:20 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #59
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm surprised and impressed by the amount of people on FOFC that don't drink pop.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:20 AM   #60
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Agreed. Worked at one myself. I think I gained 20 pounds in 9 months there. Hard when everything to eat has some form of nacho cheese on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
When I worked at a convenience store, it was hell because the only free drinks were sodas, chill zones (similar to slurpee's), and hot chocalates/cappucinos, and according to my co-workers you could only get ice and wait for it to melt if you wanted water. It took me a week to realize they were idiots and you could put ice in a cup than hot water to get ice water, but still having all those sodas there during boring 8-hour shifts was terrible. Plus all the junk food you could think to eat, combined with no healthy options. (Seriously, we had protein bars, then maybe trail mix/nuts. If you think any of those sandwiches are healthy, you're dumb.) It was brutal.

Now that I'm out of there, I fall into the category where the only carbonated drinks are beer or mixers.Coke/Pineapple Juice/Cap'n Morgans, or Dr Pepper/Amaretto/Morgan's for me. Drink it through a straw. That's what my dentist always recommended when I was young. Plus it's probably so awkward you'll cut down on the amount of soda.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #61
WVUFAN
College Starter

A year or so ago, I used to drink a 2 liter of Mountain Dew a day at work. When you're behind a desk answering emails all day you need a pick-me-up. Then I found out I have diabetes, so no pop for me anymore. I usually drink Propel or straight water now, and I've discovered I have tons more energy than when I was downing tons on pop.

The most Mountain Dew I ever drank was three 2 liters in one evening when I have to work an overnight shift.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #62
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
The most Mountain Dew I ever drank was three 2 liters in one evening when I have to work an overnight shift.

Comments like this always amaze me. Among everyone I know, I'm considered a pretty heavy pop drinker (a slurpee every day, plus some extra pop), and yet drinking that much in one evening seems borderline impossible. Wouldn't your stomach just feel awful?

My brother and I used to watch football together sometimes on Sundays and drink slurpees and basically just declare the day "Glutton Bowl". Often we'd have 2 large (1.18L) slurpees each, but I think a couple times we pushed it to three. So that's 3.6L of slurpee, and I remember my heart racing and then my stomach feeling absolutely terrible for the next 48 hours. I can't imagine almost doubling that amount!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #63
General Mike
Pro Starter

A couple 64 oz. ers from 7-11
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #64
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Yes, you always make me jealous when I see you're going for your afternoon coffee jaunt when I'm stuck at my desk.

It's become like a burden from me. I came back from afternoon Starbucks and felt bad I hadn't tweeted about it
Old 05-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #65
Scarecrow
College Prospect

POP - 1 can a week (if that)

Coffee - 2 cups @ home in the morning, 1 pot @ work, 1 cup @ home in the evening
Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #66
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

ok im dumb. I voted 7-9, but I didnt read first and thought it was total sodas, not liters. oops

but yea about 7-9 cans of soda a day for me.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #67
Izulde
Head Coach

Anywhere from 0-2, usually more towards the lower end.

During the school year I'd usually drink 1 or 2 20 oz bottles a day for the caffeine, plus maybe 1 or 2 cups of coffee or the same.

But overall I don't drink near as much soda as I did when I was younger. Now if I could find throwbacks on a more regular basis, that'd change.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #68
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

Comments like this always amaze me. Among everyone I know, I'm considered a pretty heavy pop drinker (a slurpee every day, plus some extra pop), and yet drinking that much in one evening seems borderline impossible. Wouldn't your stomach just feel awful?

Over a decade of drinking Mt Dew, escalating the amount that I drink = being able to drink that amount in one sitting.

Then again, I evidently have the ability to eat/drink massive amounts (or rather, used to be able to).

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #69
Subby
lolzcat

Every fat lazy person I know drinks the fuck out of soda.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #70
Subby
lolzcat

They also play Magic.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #71
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Well, see how this works out. I'm only on day 2 without soda and have switched to just drinking unsweeted tea more because I don't want my daughter to start drinking soda and of course, health concerns. Bad thing is now I'm drinking like 2 liters of unsweeted tea in a workday (9 hours). Good thing is that I'm finding myself not snacking so.. will see how it goes. I'm not naive enough to think that I'm going to cut it out entirely but, if I can go from a 20-24 sodas a week to a couple, I'll be happy.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #72
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Well, see how this works out. I'm only on day 2 without soda and have switched to just drinking unsweeted tea more because I don't want my daughter to start drinking soda and of course, health concerns. Bad thing is now I'm drinking like 2 liters of unsweeted tea in a workday (9 hours). Good thing is that I'm finding myself not snacking so.. will see how it goes. I'm not naive enough to think that I'm going to cut it out entirely but, if I can go from a 20-24 sodas a week to a couple, I'll be happy.

Good luck! That is similar to what I did when I cut back. I was doing probably around 1000 oz of soda a week (a little over 7 20oz bottles a day, or equivalent to around 12 12oz cans a day).. I cut it originally down to 1 soda for lunch and 1 soda for dinner every day, then later cut it down to 1 20oz soda for lunch and then lemonade for dinner...

Currently I'm down to 1 12oz can a day for lunch and lemonade for dinner, but I only have a few cans left, and am planning my next phase soon of no soda at all, and doing lemonade for lunch and dinner. (Eventually want to cut that down as well, but just gradually)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #73
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post

Good luck!

Are you worried about the caffeine with the 2L of unsweetened tea? I mean, I guess if you were originally drinking that much soda, it's probably comparable, but I think about it more for some reason when I'm drinking tea.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #74
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Good luck!

Are you worried about the caffeine with the 2L of unsweetened tea? I mean, I guess if you were originally drinking that much soda, it's probably comparable, but I think about it more for some reason when I'm drinking tea.

/tk

I need to research the caffeine totals, I don't know how my soda consumption compares to the tea consumption. I was drinking coke and/or mountain dew so, I wouldn't be surprised if I was consuming less caffeine now.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #75
boberot
High School Varsity

Maybe a glass a week.

It's water, juice and coffee for me.

Damn, Render, you're a WNYer. It's "pop."
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote