Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #51
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks JAG for the advice. I too think i'm not ready for Sandworm Lair yet, especially because I've never done it before. I've at least started on orc caves in the past if not finished it. So I'll check out the Lothlorien home quest, and look for the things you suggested and then try the caves.

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #52
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Unfortunately, I got a pinched nerve in my shoulder right when the comps started, and typing absolutely kills it, so I haven't been able to take part....but I'm finally giving this guy a shot. I've been playing T.o.M.E. for years, so adjusting isn't an issue...but I hate to admit I've literally never played a magic-using class, so this is still a rough time for me. Also: this dude can't carry shit.

Ow on the pinched nerve, hope it gets better quick. Played TOME for years and never tried a magic-using class? wow that's some serious magic hating. yeah I'm like Mali, carry out a ton of stuff to sell at the end of a level. Wait until you find an egg to carry around in hope it hatches. I found a baby black dragon egg that had me at "Slow -38" because it weighed 400 lbs.

good luck in the comp!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #53
thesloppy
Pro Starter

dammit. Killed by a death sword. "Oooh! What's that neato sword over there?" whack. dead.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #54
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
wow that's some serious magic hating.

Hellz yes. Stupid magic. I almost exclusively play assassins of various races, just cause I like to whack stuff without too much thinking/strategy, and the stealth covers up for some of my recklessness. This magic stuff is tough.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #55
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
dammit. Killed by a death sword. "Oooh! What's that neato sword over there?" whack. dead.

Been there done that (except more like 'what's that cool potion / scroll?')...friggen mimics.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #56
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

hey I thought you had played TOME a lot? rookie...
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #57
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oooh just got my new fate-"You are fated to die on Level 1"-I heard these are killer levels, pardon the pun-lots of out of depth stuff. I wonder is what I'll find there based on the dungeon level or my level. I'm not too eager to find out.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #58
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, I've never gotten a death fate before, nor a 'you cannot die by the hands of mortals'. My fates are almost always boring.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #59
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
hey I thought you had played TOME a lot? rookie...

Despite my experience, I really am a HORRIBLE player. I basically just go as fast as possible and try to level up as quickly as I can and horde as much crazy junk as possible. My brain is always 5 moves behind my fingers, and I'll usually have whacked something 3 or 4 times before I even know what the hell it is, let alone whether it's particularly dangerous or not.

For example, in this instance I didn't even know what killed me at first, because the death sword whacked and killed me so fast that I was still haplessly mashing keys, zooming right past my 'tombstone' and character record, and closing the application entirely before I entirely registered what had happened.

...as you might imagine, I make a stellar sorcerer.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #60
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
So having said that, I'd hit the Orc Caves. You should be able to mop up there using Noxious Cloud and you'll be able to find better equipment to help survive the Sandworm Caves. On the lvl 21 special level you'll find an artifact armor that would be an improvement over what you're currently using.

If you haven't already done the Lothlorien house quest, I would do that as it will be easy. Check there and Bree for some spellbooks that could help you out (Essence of Speed would be tremendous, you'll eventually want disarm / stone to mud for reasons stated above).

Boy you aren't kidding about mopping up in the Orc Caves with Noxious Cloud. A lot of orc mobs gather together in a cavern and the cloud takes most or all of them out if placed properly. Vicious spell.

Did the Lothlorien home quest. Was easy other than when I accidently did my Phase Door spell instead of one of my god spells and ended up in a room with two or three of them. Found a spellbook of Dig to help with the Sandworm Caves later.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #61
Malificent
High School JV

I really wanted to use the Dagger of Life (+20% HP) I just got. That would've been so nice. But the 25% fail rate on spells is just unacceptable. Sigh.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #62
Malificent
High School JV

So, I just got a fate:

"You are fated to find something special on level 5."

Is that any level 5, so if I were to go back into the barrowdowns, I would find something at level 5?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #63
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think its any level 5 Mali, but don't know for sure. The Barrow-downs should be fine to go to I would think.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #64
Malificent
High School JV

I am now also fated to meet a novice warrior on level 1 and die on level 1. Plus I have 2 fates that I haven't had a chance to uncover yet. I guess a lot of wandering in the wilderness makes it seem like I'm getting them quickly.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #65
Thomkal
Head Coach

there's a buildings in some of the towns where you can teleport to a specific level. It's expensive though.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #66
Malificent
High School JV

Heh, I f'd up my God quest. No extra prayer skill points for me.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:46 AM   #67
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I've just skipped god quests entirely myself. May not be the best plan because I think getting the prayer points ups your spirituality which ups your saving throw, which is pretty important.

However my Alfwin is just ridiculous now, lvl 37, his kit currently gives resists for everything, immunity to acid, fire, and cold, sustains all but int and cha, stealth is superb, I can add reflection or regen via amulet, and toss in 1100ish SPs and 520 hps. Only real weakness other than hps which will basically always be a weakness is lack of speed, only +5 permanent speed (can up to +15 with spell). My next quest in Mordor is for rotting Q's (like regular Q's but summon undead), my group killing is still pretty weak so I may take a break from there and level up some at Sacred Land of Mountains.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #68
Malificent
High School JV

Ok, Alfwin VIII died to a 7 headed hydra on level 1. Bring on Alfwin IX!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #69
Thomkal
Head Coach

Uh yeah I'd say you met you death fate Mali. Did you at least kill the novice warrior you were supposed to meet on that level first?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #70
Malificent
High School JV

Quote:
Uh yeah I'd say you met you death fate Mali. Did you at least kill the novice warrior you were supposed to meet on that level first?

Why, in fact, I did. Alfwin VIII completely fulfilled his destiny. Alfwin IX has a lot to live up to.

If I get up to Alfin LCXVIII, stop me, please.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #71
Malificent
High School JV

Sigh. Hit a summon monster trap and died pretty much instantaneously on level 5. Alfwin X (dark, but no relation to Malcolm) coming up.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #72
Sporkimata
High School JV

Im on Alfwin the 4th and am up to level 28. The advice you guys have given to me has helped a lot. I need to find some invulnrables to darkness though. gonna finish the orc cave, not sure what to do do next.
Sporkimata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #73
Thomkal
Head Coach

Holy crap just found a scroll of acquirement in the orc caves, now do I read it or save it....
Old 05-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #74
Sporkimata
High School JV

See this is what happens when I play to long. I was out exploring the wilderness and got a little to brave on the water tiles. Got attacked by a greater Kraken that killed me right off the bat. I was level 28. Than In a dumbstruck daze I didn't save the dump. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.
Sporkimata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #75
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkimata View Post
Im on Alfwin the 4th and am up to level 28. The advice you guys have given to me has helped a lot. I need to find some invulnrables to darkness though. gonna finish the orc cave, not sure what to do do next.

Nice work! You should already have intrinsic dark resistance as a dark elf, is there a different resistance that you meant?

Be a little wary on lvl 21 in the Orc Cave, remember that since it's a special level you won't be able to teleport out of danger. As long as you go slowly and carefullly it's not too bad.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #76
path12
Coordinator

Crap. Got to level 13, got careless and ran into a bunch of cave orcs. My armor was cursed so I couldn't teleport and I was stupid enough to put it on without checking because it was my reward from the first princess quest.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #77
Malificent
High School JV

Damn it, died again at level 18. Can't seem to make it past level 20. Damn it. Damn it, damn it, damn it. Had a elven robe of permanence too. Crapola.

Alfwin XI will be raised up, I guess.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:03 AM   #78
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkimata View Post
See this is what happens when I play to long. I was out exploring the wilderness and got a little to brave on the water tiles. Got attacked by a greater Kraken that killed me right off the bat. I was level 28. Than In a dumbstruck daze I didn't save the dump. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Ouch. Yeah when I start feeling sleepy at the computer, its time to quit playing a roguelike.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #79
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Crap. Got to level 13, got careless and ran into a bunch of cave orcs. My armor was cursed so I couldn't teleport and I was stupid enough to put it on without checking because it was my reward from the first princess quest.

You got a cursed armor from a princess quest? Didn't think that was possible.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:06 AM   #80
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Damn it, died again at level 18. Can't seem to make it past level 20. Damn it. Damn it, damn it, damn it. Had a elven robe of permanence too. Crapola.

Alfwin XI will be raised up, I guess.

Well at least you've had plenty of experience at the early levels so you can breeze through them. Good luck with the new guy.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:06 AM   #81
Thomkal
Head Coach

I've decided to wait and try the scroll of acquirement on the last level of the orc caves. Of course I have to live that long...
Old 05-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #82
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You got a cursed armor from a princess quest? Didn't think that was possible.

Prior to the competition, I goofed around with a character and got a Phial as an option for a reward which I gladly accepted and equipped. "Oops, it feels deathly cold." Doh...so yeah, it's rare but it is possible to get a cursed artifact.

Sorry Spork, I didn't see a post later that you died. I don't recommend playing around in the wilderness, especially the water squares (krakens and other serious nasties) and some of the mountain squares with dragons.

If people are having trouble with survivability, maybe try skipping the sorcery skill and bringing up the other magic schools individually. My Alfwin II is up to a ridiculous 940 hps since I didn't have to deal with the hp cut from the sorcery skill (granted I've been lucky with equipment too).
Old 05-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #83
Thomkal
Head Coach

940 hps?...drool.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #84
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Prior to the competition, I goofed around with a character and got a Phial as an option for a reward which I gladly accepted and equipped. "Oops, it feels deathly cold." Doh...so yeah, it's rare but it is possible to get a cursed artifact.

I've gotten the ol' Phial of Undeath as a reward before, too. Thanks princess.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #85
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I started up an Alfwin II, and his spellbook of manathrust immediately got burnt up by a salamander on lvl 1, turning him into the lamest fighter in existence.

I was able to run back to the stairs shrieking like a little girl, run back to town, and without any money wandered into the magic shop, broke, sweatily and shakily whistling to myself, I was reduced to attempting to steal a spellbook of 'Noxious Cloud'...and I got it! But I am not liking Alfwin II's luck so far...
Old 05-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #86
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I started up an Alfwin II, and his spellbook of manathrust immediately got burnt up by a salamander on lvl 1, I am not liking Alfwin II's luck so far...

Alfwin II's luck immediately improved, when he received Sumbiosis right off the bat as a reward for clearing lvl 1.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #87
Thomkal
Head Coach

that's just too funny Sloppy. Have thought about trying to steal a couple things from the Black Market with this guy but wasn't sure how this version handled it if you fail.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #88
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
that's just too funny Sloppy. Have thought about trying to steal a couple things from the Black Market with this guy but wasn't sure how this version handled it if you fail.

If you don't effectively steal the item, the shopkeeper gets pissed and that shop closes (temporarily, but for a long time).
Old 05-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #89
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Dahh! Killed by a tiger (or three) on lvl 10. I am the worst sorcerer ever.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #90
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Alfwin III got Wormtongue as my quest on lvl 1. Good times. Somehow I squeaked by. And was rewarded with Brodda the Easterling as my quest on lvl 2. I don't wanna go up the stairs anymore.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #91
Malificent
High School JV

Quote:
Dahh! Killed by a tiger (or three) on lvl 10. I am the worst sorcerer ever.

Dude. Alfwin XI. Don't you be claiming my worst sorceror ever title...
Old 05-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #92
Malificent
High School JV

Speaking of which...Alfwin XII. Died at char level 20, on level 10 of the Orc Cave...was in a vault and got whacked by the Ultimate Mimic. Grrrrrrrr.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #93
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

One of my best characters ever.

Code:
[ToME 2.3.5 Character Sheet] Name : Alfwin Age 86 STR! 32 Sex : Male Height 56 INT! 37 Race : Dark-Elf Weight 99 WIS! 36 Class : Sorceror Social Class 9 DEX! 40 Body : Player CON! 39 God : Eru Iluvatar CHR! 33 + To Melee Hit -33 Level 48 Hit Points 1052/ 1052 + To Melee Damage -22 Experience 6511129 Spell Points 1620/ 1620 + To Ranged Hit 11 Max Exp 6511129 Sanity 725/ 725 + To Ranged Damage 12 Exp to Adv. 7200000 Piety 34798 AC 23+140 Gold 665860 Speed Fast (+7) (Miscellaneous Abilities) Fighting : Very Bad Perception : Bad Blows/Round: 4 Bows/Throw : Poor Searching : Bad Shots/Round: 1 Saving Throw: Superb Disarming : Good Mel.dmg/Rnd: 4d4-88 Stealth : Superb Magic Device: Very Good Infra-Vision: 50 feet Tactic: coward Explor: normal (Character Background) You are one of several children of a Dark Elven Warrior. You have black eyes, curly black hair and a very dark complexion. [Miscellaneous information] Joke monsters: OFF Maximize mode: ON Preserve Mode: ON Autoscum: ON Small Levels: ON Arena Levels: ON Always unusual rooms: OFF Persistent Dungeons: OFF Recall Depth: Mirkwood: Level 33 (1650') Mordor: Level 66 (3300') Angband: Level 69 (3450') Barrow-Downs: Level 10 (500') Maze: Level 37 (1850') The Sandworm lair: Level 29 (1450') Your body is a Player. You are currently in the town of Bree. You have defeated 5220 enemies. You saved Bree from a dreadful Nazgul. You have completed 51 princess quests. You have completed 51 lost sword quests. You found none of the relic pieces. You started your adventure the 43rd Yavie of the 2890th year of the third age. It is currently the 2nd Quelle of the 2890th year of the third age. You have been adventuring for 16 days. adefkmnopsuxz{|@ Add Str : ....3...43...... Add Int : .....3.......... Add Wis : .....3.........+ Add Dex : .4.......34..... Add Con : ..5.3...43...... Add Chr : .....3.......... Mul Mana : ...............+ Add Stea. : .......3...3.... Add Tun.. : ..............7. Add Speed : .4.....3........ Sust Str : ....+.+..+...... Sust Int : ................ Sust Wis : ................ Sust Dex : .........+...... Sust Con : ....+....+...... Sust Chr : ................ Invisible : ................ Mul life : ......+......... Sens Fire : ................ Reflect : ................ Free Act : ...++...+.+..... Hold Life : ...+............ Imm Acid : .+.....+*++..... Res Elec : .+.............. Imm Fire : .+....*......... Imm Cold : .+....*..+...... Res Pois : ...+............ Res Fear : ....+....+...... Res Light : ................ Res Dark : .........+.....+ Res Blind : ........+....... Res Conf : ...+.+..+....... Res Sound : ........+....... Res Shard : ................ Res Neth : ......+......... Res Nexus : .......+.+...... Res Chaos : ...+.+..+....... Res Disen : ...++........... See Invis : ...............+ Digestion : .........+...... Activate : .......+..+..... Orc.ESP : ........+....... Full ESP : ..........+..... Skills (points left: 68) . Archery 01.000 [0.000] - Sneakiness 01.800 [0.900] . Stealth 04.900 [0.500] . Disarming 00.500 [0.000] - Magic 43.600 [1.200] . Magic-Device 11.500 [1.000] . Spell-power 34.200 [0.600] . Sorcery 01.000 [0.700] . Mana 44.100 [0.900] . Fire 36.000 [1.000] . Water 00.000 [1.000] . Air 00.000 [1.000] . Earth 12.000 [1.000] . Meta 00.000 [1.000] . Conveyance 23.000 [1.000] . Divination 31.000 [1.000] . Temporal 15.000 [1.000] . Mind 00.000 [1.000] . Nature 00.000 [1.000] . Necromancy 05.400 [0.900] . Runecraft 00.000 [0.900] . Thaumaturgy 00.000 [0.900] - Spirituality 17.600 [0.550] . Prayer 00.000 [0.500] . Monster-lore 00.000 [0.500] Abilities * Perfect casting [Character Equipment] a) a Mage Staff of Wizardry (1d4) (-24,-2)(100%) (+5) d) The Metal Boomerang of Beor (4d5) (+8,+12) (+4 to speed) It increases your dexterity and speed by 4. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire and cold. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. e) an Indestructible Ring of Constitution (+5) f) a Ring of Lordly Protection [+14] It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to life draining, poison, chaos and disenchantment. You found it in the remains of an Ancient multi-hued dragon on level 41 of Mordor. k) an Amulet of Weaponmastery (+6,+5) [+3] (+3) It increases your strength and constitution by 3. It sustains your strength and constitution. It provides immunity to paralysis. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to disenchantment. You bought it from the Rare Jewelry Shop. m) a Dwarven Lantern of the Magi (+3) It grants you the power of magic map if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 2) forever. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your intelligence, wisdom and charisma by 3. It provides resistance to chaos. It cannot be harmed by fire. It was given to you as a reward. n) The Robe 'Osseren' (-28,-32) [2,+5](20%) It increases your hit points by 20%. It sustains your strength. It provides immunity to fire and cold. It provides resistance to nether. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. o) The Cloak 'Colannon' [1,+15] (+3 to speed) It can be activated for teleport (range 100) every 45 turns if it is being worn. It increases your stealth and speed by 3. It provides resistance to acid and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 58 of Mordor. p) The Small Metal Shield of Thorin [3,+25] (+4) It increases your strength and constitution by 4. It provides immunity to acid. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to blindness, sound and chaos. It allows you to sense the presence of orcs. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of an Ancient multi-hued dragon on level 41 of Mordor. s) The Steel Helm of Hammerhand [6,+20] (+3) It grants you the power of berserk if it is being worn. It increases your strength, dexterity and constitution by 3. It sustains your strength, dexterity and constitution. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to acid, cold, dark and nexus. It slows your metabolism. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of The Minotaur of the Labyrinth on level 37 of Maze. u) The Set of Cesti of Fingolfin (+10,+10) [5,+20] (+4) It can be activated for arrows (150) every 90+d90 turns if it is being worn. It grants you the power of magic missile if it is being worn. It increases your dexterity and luck by 4. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to acid. It gives telepathic powers. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Swamp Wyrm on level 65 of Mordor. x) a Pair of Metal Shod Boots of Stealth [6,+7] (+3 to stealth) z) (nothing) {) (nothing) |) a Gnomish Shovel of Digging (+7) It increases your ability to tunnel by 7. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying on the ground on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. [Character Inventory] a) 2 Fireproof Tomes of Magical Energy b) a Fireproof Tome of the Eternal Flame c) a Fireproof Tome of the Impenetrable Earth d) a Fireproof Tome of Translocation e) 2 Tomes of the Tree {25% off} f) 3 Fireproof Tomes of Knowledge g) a Fireproof Tome of the Time h) 15 Potions of Healing i) 23 Potions of *Healing* j) 7 Potions of Restore Mana k) 10 Scrolls of Teleportation l) 3 Scrolls of Word of Recall {25% off} m) a Scroll of *Identify* n) 9 Scrolls of Satisfy Hunger o) The Ring of Cirinuri (+2) It increases your intelligence and wisdom by 2. It sustains your strength, wisdom and dexterity. It provides resistance to light, sound and shards. It slows your metabolism. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Chaos drake on level 25 of Mirkwood. p) The Ring of Flare (+3) It can be activated for dimension door every 100 turns if it is being worn. It grants you the power of swap position if it is being worn. It increases your strength, constitution, charisma and searching by 3. It provides immunity to fire. It allows you to fly. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It allows you to sense the presence of thunderlords. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Great Hell Wyrm on level 68 of Angband. q) The Amulet of Ingwe (+3) It can be activated for dispel evil (level*5) every 300+d300 turns if it is being worn. It increases your intelligence, wisdom, charisma, searching and infravision by 3. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to acid, electricity and cold. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Gelugon on level 67 of Angband. r) The Elfstone 'Elessar' (+7,+7) [+10] (+4) s) The Jewel 'Evenstar' (+3) t) The Anchor of Space-Time It provides light (radius 1) forever. It prevents the space-time continuum from being disrupted. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. u) The Metal Scale Mail of Eglian (-2 to accuracy) [13,+10] v) The Mithril Plate Mail 'Ithil' (+1 to accuracy) [35,+10] {cursed} w) The Sling of the Thain (x6) (+15,+15) (+4) [Home Inventory - Bree ] i) 4 Staffs of Genocide[1|5] (3 charges) j) The Ring of Power of Uvatha the Horseman (+3 to stealth) It increases your intelligence, wisdom and stealth by 3. It makes you invisible. It provides resistance to fire. It allows you to fly. It drains experience. It cannot be dropped while cursed. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of Uvatha the Horseman in the town of Bree . k) The Ring of Aingir (+3) It increases your constitution, charisma, searching and ability to score critical hits by 3. It provides resistance to acid, poison and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Death drake on level 66 of Mordor. l) The Star of Elendil (+1) It can be activated for light (dam 2d15) & map area every 50+d50 turns if it is being worn. It grants you the power of detect curses if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 4) forever. It increases your speed by 1. It provides resistance to life draining. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying on the ground on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. m) The Full Plate Armour of Isildur [25,+25] (+1) It increases your constitution by 1. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire, cold, confusion, sound and nexus. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying on the ground on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. n) The Filthy Rag of the Wight [1,-1] (+6 to searching) {cursed} It increases your intelligence, searching and spell power by 6. It provides resistance to blindness and confusion. It renders you especially vulnerable to fire. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It is heavily cursed. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. o) The Soft Leather Armour 'Hithlomir' [4,+20] (+4) It increases your stealth and searching by 4. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire, cold and dark. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying on the ground on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. p) The Short Bow of Amras (x3) (+12,+15) (+1 to speed) It increases your intelligence, wisdom, dexterity and speed by 1. It provides resistance to electricity, fire and cold. It slows your metabolism. It fires missiles with extra might. It fires missiles excessively fast. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Bile Demon on level 60 of Mordor. q) a Climbing Set r) The Mage Staff 'Menorlach' (1d4) (-2,-3) [+1] (+5) It can be wielded two-handed. It provides light (radius 1) forever. It can be used to store a spell. It increases your intelligence and spell power by 5. It provides immunity to paralysis. It provides resistance to blindness and confusion. It allows you to fly. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of an Archlich on level 63 of Mordor. s) a Mage Staff of Mana [Essence of Speed] (1d4) (-2,+7)(100%) It can be wielded two-handed. It has a spell stored inside. It increases your mana capacity by 100%. It was given to you as a reward. t) a Mage Staff of Mana [Identify] (1d4) (-8,+7)(40%) [Home Inventory - Gondolin ] c) The Gem of Ghosts It can be activated for genocide every 500 turns. You found it in the remains of an Acidic cytoplasm on level 31 of Mirkwood. g) a Fireproof Staff of Genocide[1|10] (4 charges) h) a Staff of Genocide[1|10] (3 charges) j) The Ring of Gindont (+3 to stealth) It can be used to store a spell. It increases your strength, charisma and stealth by 3. It provides resistance to cold. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of an Acidic cytoplasm on level 31 of Mirkwood. o) The Phial of Galadriel (+4) It can be activated for light area (dam 2d15) every 10+d10 turns if it is being worn. It provides light (radius 3) forever. It increases your searching and luck by 4. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. p) The Augmented Chain Mail of Caspanion (-2) [16,+20] (+3) It can be activated for destroy doors and traps every 10 turns if it is being worn. It increases your intelligence, wisdom and constitution by 3. It provides resistance to acid, poison, confusion and shards. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Dread on level 56 of Mordor. q) The Soft Leather Armour of the Sandworm [30,+0] (+5 to stealth) It increases your strength, stealth, infravision and ability to tunnel by 5. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire and poison. It allows you to sense the presence of animals. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of The Sandworm Queen on level 30 of The Sandworm lair. r) The Cloak of Thorongil [1,+10] It provides immunity to paralysis. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to acid. It allows you to see invisible monsters. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. s) an Elven Cloak [4,+8] (+4 to stealth) t) The Golden Crown 'Eladhel' [0,+14] It sustains your dexterity. It provides resistance to acid, fire, poison, dark and chaos. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 26 of The Sandworm lair. u) a Pair of Metal Shod Boots of Levitation [6,+8] v) The Heavy Crossbow 'Hirim' (x6) (+10,+21) (+2) It provides light (radius 1) forever. It increases your intelligence, wisdom and charisma by 2. It fires missiles with extra might. It fires missiles excessively fast. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of an Eldrak in the town of Gondolin . w) a Small Wooden Boomerang of *Slay Troll* (1d4) (+5,+4) (+1) It increases your strength by 1. It is especially deadly against trolls. It sustains your strength. It allows you to sense the presence of trolls. It speeds your regenerative powers. You found it in the remains of an Ettin in the town of Gondolin . x) a Mage Staff of Mana [Essence of Speed] (1d4) (-1,-12)(80%) It can be wielded two-handed. It has a spell stored inside. It increases your mana capacity by 80%. You found it lying in a vault on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. [Home Inventory - Minas Anor ] f) Kenault's Cantrip Generator It can be activated for mass genocide every 1000 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 46 of Mordor. g) The Deck of Wild Magic It can be activated for cure insanity every 200 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 34 of Mordor. h) Boccob's Unfinished Works It can be activated for teleport level every 50 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 47 of Mordor. i) Balrilbon's Soulgem It can be activated for Destruction every 100 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 34 of Mordor. j) Olive's Omnipotent Ostrich It can be activated for satisfy hunger every 100 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 44 of Mordor. p) a Silver Rod of the Istari of Nothing (200/200) q) a Silver Rod of the Istari of Nothing (200/200) r) an Amulet of Telepathy s) The Metal Brigandine Armour of the Rohirrim [19,+15] (+2) It increases your strength, dexterity and speed by 2. It makes you completely fearless. It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire, cold, confusion, sound and shards. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. t) The Cloak 'Holcolleth' [1,+4] (+2) It can be activated for sleep nearby monsters every 55 turns if it is being worn. It increases your intelligence, wisdom, stealth and speed by 2. It provides resistance to acid. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. It was given to you as a reward. u) The Large Leather Shield of Celegorm [4,+20] It provides resistance to acid, electricity, fire, cold, light, dark and shards. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of a Ghoul on level 31 of Mirkwood. v) The Metal Cap of Thengel [3,+12] (+3) It increases your wisdom, charisma and luck by 3. It provides resistance to confusion. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it in the remains of an Ancient red dragon on level 38 of Mordor. [Home Inventory - Lothlorien ] a) The Demonhorn of Gothmog [2,+13] (-5) It provides light (radius 2) forever. It decreases your charisma by 5 . It allows you to see invisible monsters. It allows you to sense the presence of demons. It slows your metabolism. It speeds your regenerative powers. It can re-curse itself. It cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire. You found it lying in a vault on level 26 of The Sandworm lair. h) The Mirror of Alternate Dimensions It can be activated for Destruction every 100 turns. You found it lying in a vault on level 28 of The Sandworm lair. i) a Parchment titled ''Immortality For Dummies'' It can be activated for cure insanity every 200 turns. You found it lying in a vault on level 29 of The Sandworm lair. j) Mordenkainen's Mysterious Mind-Masher It can be activated for heal 700 hit points every 100 turns. You found it lying on the ground on level 26 of The Sandworm lair.

Last edited by JAG : 05-30-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #94
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I polished off Mordor except the last level (a quest to kill greater draconic Q's ended with me recalling from a level with 100+ great wyrms summoned) and a few levels of Angband which were very tough. I had a quest to kill 5 sky drakes which was a pain and required killing a ton of wyrms they summoned, but the rewards were worth it with me hauling back *7* artifacts (and leaving some others lesser ones on the level).
Old 05-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #95
Malificent
High School JV

Heh, I'm pretty sure you're going to win this one.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:46 AM   #96
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah somehow I don't think I'm gonna catch you. don't know how you manage to get so far in the game. I'm playing a lot and nowhere close. Great job though.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:29 AM   #97
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Once you get past a certain point, the exp starts rolling in like gangbusters.

The comp runner can't win their own comp (at least I think that's fair and wise, to give more people a chance to come up with ideas), so keep diving.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #98
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
The comp runner can't win their own comp (at least I think that's fair and wise, to give more people a chance to come up with ideas), so keep diving.

I call BS. If you end up with the best character, you should win. And that is a hell of a character.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #99
Malificent
High School JV

I just found the Vorpal Sword. Now I really wish I were a melee character so I could use it.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #100
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Two questions - when is the comp over? and is BD only a level 10 dungeon (I've gotten 3 consecutive levels with no down stairs)? If so, what is the next best place to go - I have gotten to lvl 20 with only a few resists? (I guess that's three questions).
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote