Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #51
Super Ugly
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
It's open everywhere. I'd bet you'll see more people in the patrol missions, where you get the random events, or in the crucible (PvP), but I've seen people running around even in the regular story missions.

Yeah, I invited a random guy to join me in a story mission earlier when I saw him on the map. First tune I played co-op, and it was so much fun.

Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #52
SackAttack
Head Coach

You don't even have to actually join missions or invite people. You can just ride shotgun. What inviting/joining does is give everybody the quest reward at the end of the mission and allow for voice chat (don't think you can chat if you're not in a fireteam together). You still earn XP for everything you help kill (or possibly are in the vicinity for, uncertain) whether or not you're part of the same fireteam.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #53
Super Ugly
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
You don't even have to actually join missions or invite people. You can just ride shotgun. What inviting/joining does is give everybody the quest reward at the end of the mission and allow for voice chat (don't think you can chat if you're not in a fireteam together). You still earn XP for everything you help kill (or possibly are in the vicinity for, uncertain) whether or not you're part of the same fireteam.

Can you still go into the 'no respawn' areas together, though?
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #54
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I played for a little bit this morning and I saw several people In the zomes i was in. Maybe I had a bug or something last night that made me not connect with anybody. Titanfall was fun for a few plays but I have a feeling this one will be played a heck of a lot more.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #55
Icy
Pro Starter

Played a couple of Moon storyline chapters with SackAttack yesterday night and it was much more fun (and easier) than playing alone. I didn't feel that the game difficulty was escalated to being 2 players instead of 1 and a big plus is to be able to be revived instead of starting over from the last checkpoint if you die.

Too bad I couldn't use a mic as mine is broken, need to buy a new one. I could hear Sack when at the Tower, but not during the mission, or didn't you speak at all? I sent you a message with "no mic", hope you didn't thought I was telling you to not to use yours, bu that i didn't have one

As for the game, the solo story is becoming a bit repetitive, need more variety.

Also played some multiplayer, it's really fast paced, with everybody sprinting and jumping round, so far for multiplayer I prefer the more realistic Battlefield experience with larger maps.

In resume, it's a fun game, specially playing coop with friends, but doubt will play it much more once FIFA15 is released next week. Hope they will keep releasing new content.

Last edited by Icy : 09-13-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #56
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Played a couple of Moon storyline chapters with SackAttack yesterday night and it was much more fun (and easier) than playing alone. I didn't feel that the game difficulty was escalated to being 2 players instead of 1 and a big plus is to be able to be revived instead of starting over from the last checkpoint if you die.

Yeah, having someone along with you to revive you when you die is nice for sure. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Too bad I couldn't use a mic as mine is broken, need to buy a new one. I could hear Sack when at the Tower, but not during the mission, or didn't you speak at all? I sent you a message with "no mic", hope you didn't thought I was telling you to not to use yours, bu that i didn't have one

I got your 'no mic' message and figured 'well, talking's going to be pointless because he can't respond,' so after that I just didn't talk, no.

Quote:
In resume, it's a fun game, specially playing coop with friends, but doubt will play it much more once FIFA15 is released next week. Hope they will keep releasing new content.

First expansion lands in December.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #57
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ugly View Post
Can you still go into the 'no respawn' areas together, though?

I think so. I'm pretty sure I was joined in one of those by someone who isn't on my friends list, and my fireteam settings are "friends only" being able to join without invite.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #58
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Good tips article for those just beginning to play the game.

​Tips For Playing Destiny
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:15 AM   #59
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

A word of warning, when you hit level 20, the grind begins.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #60
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Just finished up the story campaign. Was unfortuantely much shorter than I had anticipated. I still have loads of character development left though, haven't played much Strike and zero Crucible. So hopefully it continues to hold up.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #61
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Just finished up the story campaign. Was unfortuantely much shorter than I had anticipated. I still have loads of character development left though, haven't played much Strike and zero Crucible. So hopefully it continues to hold up.

Strike is my favorite part. Longest and toughest missions of the bunch and you're always with two other people.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #62
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
A word of warning, when you hit level 20, the grind begins.

Yesterday I got my first legendary item drop. took it to the vender and it turned into a crappy blue rocket launcher.

Today I received a legendary item in the mail for ranking up in faction. opened it and it had 2 blue items, which turned into a crappy blue rocket launcher and a duplicate hunter cape.

It's a kick in the teeth to give you a legendary item and the take it away.

I am enjoying the game, but stop with the tease...

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis

Last edited by Surtt : 09-17-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #63
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Strike is my favorite part. Longest and toughest missions of the bunch and you're always with two other people.

Messed around with Crucible, did not enjoy it, doesn't play to the game's strengths at all. Disappointed they didn't do something more original. Titanfall is still my go to for that type of game.

However I do love the strikes and will continue to hammer on those for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-17-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #64
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Messed around with Crucible, did not enjoy it, doesn't play to the game's strengths at all. Disappointed they didn't do something more original. Titanfall is still my go to for that type of game.

However I do love the strikes and will continue to hammer on those for the foreseeable future.

I'd agree. Not a fan of the Crucible. Far too twitchy for my taste and I really don't like how closed the environments are. Really takes away much of the strategy when surroundings are so tight.

I love running around during patrol and helping out other Guardians. I know people did that when I was first starting and it was helpful. Nice to return the favor.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #65
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

dola

Some info about the first raid. This should keep people busy for awhile.

Destiny's First Raid Looks Insane
Old 09-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #66
MikeVic
Head Coach

Picked this up for ps3. I believe my psn is SuperKing83 if anyone is playing!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #67
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

My friends and I are already in the Gorgon part of the raid.

Took us about Three and a half hours to get into the vault and defeat the Templar.

Thank God that progress is saved.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #68
The Jackal
Coordinator

I haven't gotten past level 6 with any character yet, but feeling like I'll stick with Titan for a bit. Is the game feasible solo at higher levels? I'm not sure I have anyone to group with, unless its randoms.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #69
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

When you do Strikes it auto matches you into groups of 3. Aside from PvP in Crucible, Strikes will make up the majority of high level play.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #70
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
My friends and I are already in the Gorgon part of the raid.

Took us about Three and a half hours to get into the vault and defeat the Templar.

Thank God that progress is saved.

After three more hours of grinding, we finally defeated the first part of the final boss.

Aethon awaits.

Already around 7 hours in to this Raid. JEEEEEZUS. The reward at the end better be worth it,
Old 09-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #71
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You'll get a purple engram that decodes as a green .

Old 09-23-2014, 05:24 AM   #72
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
You'll get a purple engram that decodes as a green .

That would be a shame.

In fairness, for clearing the earlier parts of the raid, you do get rewards. A couple of my raid-mates got Legendaries. I got like 12 total ascendant shards.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #73
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sounds like there are some long situations. Does it save your progress so that you can play a half hour or an hour here and there and still be able to finish the raids? Can you jump back in with other people?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #74
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Sounds like there are some long situations. Does it save your progress so that you can play a half hour or an hour here and there and still be able to finish the raids? Can you jump back in with other people?

Yes. The Raid's progress is saved via checkpoints after each boss. The instace will be saved in the Fireteam leader's game. So he can bring any 5 friends in.

All progress is wiped every Tuesday. So you have a week to get it done.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #75
The Jackal
Coordinator

Cool, thanks for the info. That makes it seem much more feasible.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #76
Groundhog
Coordinator

I caved and picked this up on a gift voucher I got as a gift. I've only played the intro and first mission, but it kinda feels like Mass Effect-lite so far. Graphics are excellent though.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #77
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This is amazing to me.

@jasonschreier
Over 311,000 people have spent at least 491 hours playing Destiny, according to wastedondestiny, which is ridiculous.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:36 PM   #78
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Great story.......

Sick Destiny Player Reaches Lighthouse Before Dying, Thanks To His Friends