Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #51
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I still am uncertain about the whole matter of filing from the articles... so I'll reserve judgment on all that.

But based on her pithy comment about stamps... it seems pretty clear that she received notices that she had not paid her taxes in full, and owed some amount. And she decided to not bother paying.

For those of you who insist that this is a non-issue... at what point exactly is it okay to not bother paying your taxes, when you are notified that they are due? $1.00? $10? $50? $500?

$72.50

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #52
PilotMan
Head Coach

The difference here is did you think that you paid all of your taxes?

or

Did you purposely avoid paying your taxes, by $1, $10, etc?

Because she didn't earn enough to file state and federal returns, Combs said she believed she also didn't have to file city returns.

I think that this means, that her liability was 0 and that she did not earn a refund, so she didn't bother filing. There have been years when I didn't file my local taxes, but I knew that I had paid all that I was supposed to pay. She should have had the personal responsibiliy to at least take care of that.

There has to be a minimum threshold though. The police do it. Speeding is against the law, but there is a speed threshold that they determine where it is a waste of time to pull you over. Are you saying that above all else, speeding is breaking the law, and that all persons traveling over the speed limit are to be ticketed? Certainly speed cameras could nail every single driver out there, if it needed to.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote