Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 PM   #51
JeeberD
General Manager

Sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Rob Nielsen demands he be traded along with Jeeber D Mack to somewhere warm. Phoenix sounds good.

We will dominate.

Absolutely! And Phoenix sounds good...how far away is Tempe? I think I'll need to arrange a shuttle service for my harem.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:50 PM   #52
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Add me to the list of people demanding trades.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #53
law90026
College Benchwarmer

This is how the trades will work.

I have taken note of who wants to be traded at this time. Near the trade deadline, I will be asking for confirmation of this request.

In order for a trade to occur, it would be great if those who want one can let me know what they're looking out for in order of priority. Eg:

Player A wants a trade. Demands are:
a) wants to play for Chicago;
b) wants a starting spot; and/or
c) wants to be teammates with a reigning all-star.

I will try to find a trade partner that makes it fit as best as possible. But I will only make the trade if it makes sense for the teams involved and that's up to my discretion. If it can't work, then no trade takes place but the trade request doesn't count against the limit of 2.

Post queries if you have any on this.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #54
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

If possible, I'd like Neuqua to move to a rebuilding team who doesn't have a bunch of guys already at my position. Starting is not a priority, but the 8 DNPs I have recieved so far is just too much.

I just want to play.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:01 PM   #55
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Owen Hunter (No. 1, Chicago): The season may slowly be picking up for the No. 1 Draft Pick. He’s been given regular minutes the last month and he started the last 7 games for the Bulls, during which he averaged 34.3 mins, 14.6 pts and 7.7 APG. The Bulls also went 5-2 during that stretch.

21 games played, 7 started, 5 DNPs: 20.3 MPG, 9.3 PPG, 4.5 APG

Dan Ertmann (No. 2, Denver): Dan is still coming off the bench for the Nuggets. This move makes little sense to be honest, because starting PG Pat Bailey (3/3) is hardly better than Dan (3/4). The only reason that comes to mind for this is that the Nuggets are playing hard for the 8th playoff spot in the Western Conference and want some experience at the point.

28 games played, 0 started: 15.8 MPG, 5.8 PPG, 3.4 APG

Travis Elkin (No. 3, Charlotte): Travis is still doing his thing in Charlotte as he has started every game for the Bobcats this year. There are questions whether he’s starting to hit the rookie wall however as his stats have dropped slightly. That’ll be something his coach will look out for. He looks like a lock for ROY however and he has won his second successive Rookie of the Month award.

12 games played, 12 games started: 34.3 MPG, 14.5 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.2 SPG, 1.8 BPG

2 x Rookie of the Month

Jeeber D Mack (No. 4, LA Lakers): Once again, when given the opportunity to start, D Mack has proven he’s got game. In 2 games as a starter, D Mack averaged 33.5 mins, 10-19 FG, 9 rebounds, 2 steals and 11.5 points. Rumour has it his agent is aggressively pushing for a trade and it’ll be interesting to see what happens there.

23 games played, 5 started, 5 DNPs: 18.0 MPG, 5.6 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 50.5% FG

John Williams (No. 5, Indiana): Big John now has some experience as a starter, when he stepped in for an injured James Denson for 2 games. And it was shocking he was sent back to the bench, considering he averaged 34 mins, 10-17 FG, 8.5 rebounds, 3 blocks and 11 points during those games. Still, the rookie is playing with the right attitude and saying the right things.

25 games played, 2 started: 19.1 MPG, 5.6 PPG, 53.8% FG, 49.1% FT, 5.0 RPG, 1.2 BPG

Danny Wilson (No. 8, LA Clippers): 9 more DNPs in month 2 and still little progress from the big man. How is he going to react to adversity? A source mentioned that Danny Wilson is unhappy … the question is whether he’s justified to feel that way?

7 games played, 0 started, 19 DNPs: 8.1 MPG, 0.7 PPG, 1.0 APG, 1.4 RPG

Neuqua Verma (No. 9, Portland): The disappointment continues to build in Portland as Neuqua accumulated 3 more DNPs in month 2. At least it was fewer than the 9 he got in the first month. Neuqua has been getting a little more burn the past month and he’ll be hoping the coach’s faith in him continues to build. Neuqua even doubled his scoring average from 1.2 to 2.4 ppg.

14 games played, 0 started, 12 DNPs: 5.9 MPG, 2.4 PPG

Rob Nielsen (No. 10, Cleveland): It’s been up and down for Rob this year. He’s been erratic and that’s been the cause of his promotion and subsequent demotion to the bench. At least he’s started though and proved capable of being a starter in the league, although erratic when it comes to shooting (34 MPG, 39-92 FG, 6.8 RPG, 1.5 SPG, 1.8 BPG, 14.7 PPG).

23 games played, 6 started, 4 DNP: 23.1 MPG, 9.2 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 1.1 SPG, 1.1 BPG

Tim Moungey (No. 16, Memphis): Tim is doing alright. He’s not setting the league on fire but he’s slowly learning the game. There’s hope for him yet.

20 games played, 0 started, 7 DNPs: 14.6 MPG, 3.1 PPG, 2.4 APG

AJ Tucker (No. 18, Washington): AJ Tucker is still buried on the bench. AJ appeared in only 3 games out of the 12 Washington played in month 2.

8 games played, 0 started, 16 DNPs: 10.8 MPG, 3.8 PPG, 0.9 APG, 1.3 RPG

Zippo (No. 19, Minnesota): And Zippo gets another 2 starts this year. That’s 3 starts for the No. 19 draft pick, which is more than what some of the other rookies can say. Zippo averaged 39 mins, 4-12 FG, 3.6 rebounds, 7 assists, 1.5 steals and 6.5 points during those 2 games.

23 games played, 3 started, 3 DNPs: 11.6 MPG, 2.2 PPG, 1.4 APG, 1.1 RPG

Mike Tokunaga (No. 26, Boston): Mike still isn’t being given much of an opportunity in Boston but at least he’s not complaining … yet.

27 games played, 0 started, 2 DNP: 7.4 MPG, 1.7 PPG, 0.8 APG
Old 02-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #56
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Chicago finally seeing that Owen Hunter is the present and the future!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:52 PM   #57
Izulde
Head Coach

Slow but steady... I'm keeping an eye on my minutes though, making sure Memphis doesn't decide to suddenly screw me over.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #58
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Owen Hunter (No. 1, Chicago): And the roller-coaster ride continues. Owen must be doing something wrong in Chicago because he’s not even the first PG off the bench anymore. Owen (4.5/5) is actually coming in behind Linnar Sonderlei (3/3) on the depth charts. What in the world is going on here? Are there things happening in Chicago we don’t know about? What we do know is that the Bulls are 25-14 overall, so they must be doing something right.

30 games played, 7 started, 9 DNPs: 17.7 MPG, 7.9 PPG, 3.9 APG

Dan Ertmann (No. 2, Denver): And in Denver, Dan has appeared in all 42 games so far, but not once as a starter. It’s hard to understand the Nugget’s philosophy at this time but I guess time will tell.

42 games played, 0 started: 15.9 MPG, 5.5 PPG, 3.0 APG, 2.0 RPG

Travis Elkin (No. 3, Charlotte): 40 games played, 40 games started. Travis Elkin is the man in Charlotte and his team knows it. He’s already their best player (4/5) and rumour has it he’s being considered as an All-Star. His numbers are still dropping though but that’s because teams are starting to respect his ability.

40 games played, 40 games started: 34.1 MPG, 13.2 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.0 SPG, 1.8 BPG

3 x Rookie of the Month

Jeeber D Mack (No. 4, LA Lakers): D Mack’s starting to slow down as the rookie wall looms. No starts this month and a slight dip in his numbers.

32 games played, 5 started, 6 DNPs: 15.6 MPG, 4.4 PPG, 3.5 RPG

John Williams (No. 5, Indiana): Well, John Williams has been steady for the Pacers this year. His production has been consistent and he’s given the Pacers coach an option when his starting centre goes down. In one start this month, John Williams managed 14 points and 7 rebounds in 34 minutes.

39 games played, 3 started: 18.6 MPG, 5.9 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 1.1 BPG

Danny Wilson (No. 8, LA Clippers): 10 more DNPs in month 3. This season looks like it’s over for Danny Wilson. The only worry is that his career may be over too.

12 games played, 0 started, 29 DNPs: 8.3 MPG, 1.2 PPG, 2.0 RPG

Neuqua Verma (No. 9, Portland): Add 7 more DNPs to Neuqua’s list … but one start. In the game against the Bobcats, Neuqua managed 11 points in 30 minutes on 5-8 shooting. In comparison, Travis Elkin managed 12 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks for the same game. Maybe that’s the difference between going No. 3 and No. 9 in the draft.

21 games played, 1 started, 19 DNPs: 7.5 MPG, 2.9 PPG

Rob Nielsen (No. 10, Cleveland): Rob’s been picking up some injuries recently, which contributed to his DNPs. That has also affected his game somewhat and his stats reflect this with a slight drop. He’s still the guy who contributes in every category though and would be great in a fantasy draft.

33 games played, 6 started, 7 DNPs: 21.7 MPG, 8.7 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 1.1 SPG, 1.0 BPG

Tim Moungey (No. 16, Memphis): Not much to report here except that Tim’s getting a little beat-up too. He’s injured his wrists twice and his hip once since the season started.

31 games played, 0 started, 9 DNPs: 13.5 MPG, 2.9 PPG, 2.1 APG

AJ Tucker (No. 18, Washington): AJ appeared in 8 out of 13 games this month, a marked improvement from months 1 and 2. His assists are dropping though, possibly because he’s looking for his own shot when he gets a chance to play. That may not be the way to go for the young PG.

16 games played, 0 started, 21 DNPs: 9.9 MPG, 4.1 PPG, 0.5 APG, 1.2 RPG

Zippo (No. 19, Minnesota): And Zippo plays himself into the coach’s doghouse. 9 DNPs this month and an inside source says it’s because Zippo’s been getting too cocky in practice. Will Zippo right his attitude?

29 games played, 3 started, 12 DNPs: 10.1 MPG, 2.3 PPG, 1.2 APG, 1.1 RPG

Mike Tokunaga (No. 26, Boston): Mike’s in a difficult position. He plays some games and then sits for extended stretches again. Perhaps that’s the career that he faces, the classic 11th or 12th man on the roster?

34 games played, 0 started, 8 DNP: 7.6 MPG, 1.8 PPG, 0.7 APG
Old 02-14-2006, 12:05 AM   #59
law90026
College Benchwarmer

To the draft class of 2026:

Balla.com is offering you an opportunity to earn a little cash but, more importantly, a little publicity. We attach a list of questions below for you to answer about the season so far and we will publish your responses in the upcoming issue as part of our mid-season recap.

Questions:
1) Introduce yourself?
2) Who do you play for?
3) How's the first 3 months of the season been for you?
4) Any highlights you want to mention?
5) What's been the biggest change coming to the NBA?
6) Any thing you want to let the public know about you?

Note: feel free to post your answers to the questions if you feel like it, it's just a little change in pace for you guys. Don't answer if you don't want to though And if you have any queries, feel free to ask me via PM or post here.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:16 AM   #60
Zippo
High School JV

what attitude, Zippo is the man, and bows down to no one. Screw the coach!
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:23 AM   #61
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Danny Wilson wants to go to a team where he'll play. At least cracking the two deep at C.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:32 AM   #62
law90026
College Benchwarmer

One more month and the trades, if necessary, will take place. Think carefully about what you want because you only have 2 such requests over your career. The requests so far are:

Neuqua: Rebuilding team, not too many SG/SF, opportunity to play, starting not a priority
Danny Wilson: Team where he'll be at least 2nd C.

Mid-season update on the league coming up
Old 02-14-2006, 12:32 AM   #63
Travis
Pro Rookie

Sounds like I might need a little help in Charlotte. Who's game for coming to the Bobcats to take us to the next level?
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:19 AM   #64
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Mid-season Recap

Eastern Conference: Western Conference

Atlantic Division

Record

South-west

Record

New York, Madison Square Garden

New Jersey

32-8

Dallas

32-8

Boston

26-16

San Antonio

24-20

Philadelphia

23-17

Houston

19-23

Toronto

21-19

Memphis

18-22

New York

17-23

New Orleans

17-25

Central Division

North-west

Chicago

25-14

Portland

20-20

Detroit

22-19

Minnesota

19-22

Milwaukee

20-19

Denver

17-25

Indiana

15-24

Utah

16-24

Cleveland

12-28

Seattle

13-26

Southeast

Pacific

Orlando

24-16

Golden State

29-12

Washington

19-18

LA Clippers

25-16

Atlanta

17-22

Phoenix

18-21

Miami

18-25

Sacramento

19-23

Charlotte

11-29

LA Lakers

17-21

At the halfway point of the season, it’s clear some teams are the ones to beat. New Jersey and Dallas boast the best records in the league and their competition looks like Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Golden State and the LA Clippers.

At the other end of the spectrum, Charlotte, Cleveland and Seattle look completely lost and they’re the likely suspects for the top 3 picks in the draft next year.

PPG:

Scott Hall, Dallas, C: 25 PPG

Gerald Gruin, Boston, SF: 24.5 PPG

Fletcher Crawford, Washington, C: 23.5 PPG

APG:

Michael Ward, Dallas, PG: 11.1 APG

Matt Hammond, Milwaukee, PG: 8.4 APG

Aaron Dwiggins, San Antonio, PG: 8.4 APG

RPG:
Scott Hall, Dallas, C: 14.7 RPG

Owen Dixon, Orlando, PF: 12.1 RPG

Frankie Sandy, Chicago, C and Fletcher Crawford, Washington, C: 11.9 RPG

BPG:
Matt Zimmerman, Portland , PF: 3.7 BPG

Ameirin Kargeais, Milwaukee, PF: 3.1 BPG

Rob Farrell, Orlando, SG: 2.9 BPG

SPG:
Chris Newman, LA Clippers, PG, Arlon Tenys, Toronto, SG, and Steven Camby, Golden State, SF: 2.2 SPG

Rookie Leaders:

Minutes per Game: (1) Travis Elkin, 34.1 MPG, (3) Rob Nielsen, 21.7 MPG, (7) John Williams, 18.6 MPG, (9) Owen Hunter, 17.7 MPG, (10) Dan Ertmann, 15.9 MPG

Points per Game: (1) Travis Elkin, 13.2 PPG, (2) Rob Nielsen, 8.7 PPG, (4) Owen Hunter, 7.9 PPG, (7) John Williams, 5.9 PPG, (9) Dan Ertmann, 5.5 PPG

Assists per Game: (1) Owen Hunter, 3.9 APG, (joint-2nd) Dan Ertmann, 3.0 APG, (6) Travis Elkin, 2.4 APG, (8) Tim Moungey, 2.1 APG

Rebounds per Game: (2) Travis Elkin, 7.2 RPG, (3) John Williams, 4.7 RPG, (5) Rob Nielsen, 4.2 RPG, (joint-8th) Jeeber D Mack, 3.5 RPG

Blocks per Game: (1) Travis Elkin, 1.8 BPG, (3) John Williams, 1.1 BPG, (4) Rob Nielsen, 1.0 BPG

Steals per Game: (1) Rob Nielsen 1.1 SPG, (2) Travis Elkin, 1.0 SPG

Double-doubles: (1) Travis Elkin, 8, (joint-3rd) Rob Nielsen and Owen Hunter, 2, (joint 5th) John Williams and Jeeber D Mack, 1
Old 02-14-2006, 01:37 AM   #65
Izulde
Head Coach

1) Introduce yourself?
I'm Tim Moungey, the King of Thieves and I've got a sweet little dagger shot to go with my stealing.

2) Who do you play for?
The up-and-coming Memphis Grizzlies.

Frustrating. I've been knicked up by injuries and not been performing as well as I'd like to on the court, nor gotten as much PT as I'd hoped for. I'm going to definitely stick it out for at least this season though and see how things look next year.

You'll see the highlights when I can play more and steal more. Oh and when I bust out with a double-double or triple-double game.

The speed and level of play in the game. In college, I was one of the best players in the country and the top talent at LSU. Here in the NBA, everyone's got the college creds and they're damn fast and damn good.

All the hot young girls out there, holla back at me!

Old 02-14-2006, 02:32 AM   #66
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Question: How do you guys feel about editing your stats? One option right now is to play out your careers with minimal interference, except for your 2 trade requests.

The other option is a limited manner for your players to improve themselves. So points could be awarded for things like role-playing, a set number of points at the end of each season, etc...

Let me know?
Old 02-14-2006, 02:36 AM   #67
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026
Question: How do you guys feel about editing your stats? One option right now is to play out your careers with minimal interference, except for your 2 trade requests.

The other option is a limited manner for your players to improve themselves. So points could be awarded for things like role-playing, a set number of points at the end of each season, etc...

Let me know?

bonus points would be solid
Old 02-14-2006, 02:39 AM   #68
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:

Let me know?

I dig the bonus points idea

Old 02-14-2006, 04:46 AM   #69
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Owen Hunter (No. 1, Chicago): Even the fans are puzzled as Owen continues to sit on the bench. He’s clearly a better player than most of the Bulls squad but he’s not being given much of an opportunity to play. His coach is starting to look a lot like Larry Brown, an old school coach back in the early part of the century, who used to hate playing rookies, no matter how talented they were. Owen Hunter started for the rookies in the annual all-star rookie game though.

41 games played, 7 started, 9 DNPs: 15.8 MPG, 7.5 PPG, 3.6 APG

Rookie Starter: 34 mins, 21 pts, 9 rebs, 12 assists

Rookie Game MVP

Dan Ertmann (No. 2, Denver): A sore wrist has kept Dan Ertmann out of most games this month. At least he made it as a rookie game reserve.

43 games played, 0 started, 9 DNPs: 15.8 MPG, 5.3 PPG, 3.0 APG, 1.9 RPG

Rookie Reserve: 15 mins, 4 pts, 2 assists

Travis Elkin (No. 3, Charlotte): And the iron-man of the rookies finally succumbs to his first injury, a sore shoulder that kept him out of 2 games. Despite this, Travis wins his 4th rookie of the month award. The sore shoulder kept Travis out of the all-star rookie game however.

50 games played, 50 games started, 2 DNPs: 34.1 MPG, 13.0 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.0 SPG, 1.8 BPG

4 x Rookie of the Month

Jeeber D Mack (No. 4, LA Lakers): A sore hip has knocked D Mack out of action for most of the month. It’s the rookie wall and it’s clearly affecting him. D Mack was a reserve for the rookies in the all-star game.

36 games played, 5 started, 14 DNPs: 14.7 MPG, 4.3 PPG, 3.2 RPG

Rookie Reserve: 12 mins, no notable stats

John Williams (No. 5, Indiana): Still ever-present for the Pacers this year but no starts this month. The big man has to start wondering when his time will come. John Williams started for the rookies in the all-star game.

49 games played, 3 started: 18.2 MPG, 5.9 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.1 BPG

Rookie Starter: 22 mins, 4 pts, 6 rebs

Danny Wilson (No. 8, LA Clippers): It’s official, Danny Wilson has asked for a trade. It’s rare for a rookie to ask for one but he’s been miserable with the Clippers. With the trade deadline coming up, the Clippers GM will be working the phones to see who can take this rookie off his hands.

19 games played, 0 started, 34 DNPs: 7.7 MPG, 1.1 PPG, 2.1 RPG

Neuqua Verma (No. 9, Portland): The DNPs this month were more due to the fact that Neuqua injured his finger in scrimmage. That hasn’t stopped him from asking for a trade however. Maybe the change in surroundings would do the No. 9 pick good.

24 games played, 1 started, 27 DNPs: 7.0 MPG, 2.7 PPG

Rob Nielsen (No. 10, Cleveland): Another start this month but it went badly. Rob managed just 4 points and 4 rebounds in 25 minutes as he picked up 4 quick fouls. He did manage 2 steals though. It’ll be interesting to see what Rob can do next season if he gets to start. Rob started for the rookies in the rookie all-star game.

44 games played, 7 started, 7 DNPs: 21.3 MPG, 8.1 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 1.2 SPG, 1.0 BPG

Rookie Starter: 29 mins, 10-20 FG, 20 pts, 9 rebs

Tim Moungey (No. 16, Memphis): Tim played every game this month and showed his dedication by playing even while hurt with a sore arm. That’s the grit they expected from him when he was drafted and that must please his coaches.

44 games played, 0 started, 9 DNPs: 13.7 MPG, 3.2 PPG, 2.1 APG

AJ Tucker (No. 18, Washington): AJ’s minutes are increasing slightly now. A sign that the coach is starting to like how he plays? Hopefully, but for now, AJ looks like he won’t contribute much this season.

26 games played, 0 started, 24 DNPs: 10.3 MPG, 3.7 PPG, 0.5 APG, 1.3 RPG

Zippo (No. 19, Minnesota): He plays one night and sits the next. The brashness is still there and it’s turning the vets off. It doesn’t help that Zippo hasn’t shown any repentance whatsoever about his attitude so far.

36 games played, 3 started, 18 DNPs: 8.8 MPG, 2.3 PPG, 1.0 APG, 1.1 RPG

Mike Tokunaga (No. 26, Boston): And the worst fears come true, Mike has been moved to the 11th man spot on the Boston roster. It wasn’t unanticipated obviously, considering Mike hasn’t had much opportunity to prove himself.

38 games played, 0 started, 14 DNP: 7.3 MPG, 1.9 PPG, 0.7 APG

Old 02-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #70
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
[b]Mike Tokunaga (No. 26, Boston):And the worst fears come true, Mike has been moved to the 11th man spot on the Boston roster. It wasn’t unanticipated obviously, considering Mike hasn’t had much opportunity to prove himself.

38 games played, 0 started, 14 DNP: 7.3 MPG, 1.9 PPG, 0.7 APG

Alright, I need to ask for a trade...isn't there anyone out there who could use me as a starter???

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.

Last edited by Blade : 02-14-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:05 AM   #71
Blade
College Prospect

1) Introduce yourself?

Mike Tokunaga, PG

2) Who do you play for?

The Boston Celtics

Full of sitting. Averaging just over 7 minutes a game is just not a chance to show what I can do.

I haven't had the chance to showcase my true talents.

The difference in skill level, and the fact that I am no longer a key component of a team.

I can play in this league, I really can!

Old 02-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #72
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

1) Introduce yourself?
Rob Nielsen expects everyone to know who Rob Nielsen is already.

2) Who do you play for?
Rob Nielsen approves of this question. Rob Nielsen would have said he plays for Cleveland, but Rob Nielsen is not happy here, and wants to be somewhere where he does not have to carry the entire team.

Rob Nielsen feels he is adjusting to the NBA well, but he is not happy about the players surrounding him.

The Rookie Game was where Mr. Nielsen truly showed his style. He is a true player, and expect many dominating performances like that in the future.

Rob Nielsen.

Nike Nielsens are coming soon. Buy em now, kids. Ferrari's don't come cheap.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:34 AM   #73
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And His Robness wants out of Cleveland. If anyone in the warm southwest needs a small forward, Rob Nielsen is so there.

edit: If no team has room for Rob as a starter, he will play out the season.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-14-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #74
Johnny93g
College Starter

1) Introduce yourself?
Im the Big Guy!!!!

2) Who do you play for?
Pacers

Pretty good. I play regularly, I'm young, and need to learn. I know big men dont dominate right away. When my time comes though, watch out.

I love that my new nickname, The Big Guy, is all over Indianapolis. Kinda catchy methinks

The money!!!!

Buy my jersey now, because when im dominating like Bill Russel, you can say you got in on the ground floor
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML

Last edited by Johnny93g : 02-14-2006 at 09:01 AM.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #75
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

1) Introduce yourself?
My friends call me "Neuq"

2) Who do you play for?
I'm currently a 2 guard for the Portland Trail Blazers

It's frustrating not to be able to play as much as I feel as I should but I understand the coach's decision and am more than willing to help out in any way I can.

I'm excited to see us in first place, it's all about winning baby.

The speed and strength of my peers.

Keep on rooting for the Blazers and hopefully I can be a contributing piece of a championship puzzle down the road.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #76
JeeberD
General Manager

1) Introduce yourself?
I'm Jeeber D Mack. I'm 19 years old and come from the mean streets of North East El Paso. Irvin Rockets represent, yo!

2) Who do you play for?
Well, I'm currently contractually obligated to play for the horrible, horrible franchise known as the LA Lakers. They've been my least favorite team as long as I can remember and I warned them not to draft me. My so called hip injury? Yeah, nothing but sticking it to the fucking franchise.

Horrible. I hate the Lakers, I hate LA, and I hate my coach.

Giving Kobe that "accidental" elbow in practice in the preseason that has possibly ruined his career is the BEST thing I've ever done!

Not enough Hispanics in the league compared to El Paso. And finding decent Mexican food in LA is TOUGH!

Watch for me soon in a Rockets uniform!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:36 AM   #77
JeeberD
General Manager

****Official Trade Request****

Jeeber D Mack wants a trade. Demands are:
a) wants to play for Houston;
b) wants a team he can actually get minutes for; and/or
c) wants to be teammates with Rob Nielsen.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #78
Zippo
High School JV

my team is full of haters.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #79
Travis
Pro Rookie

::You click the link once you see the name. The agonizing moments as the stream loads, and finally into picture snaps a prerecorded feed on balla.com. Holding a microphone while seated on a simple bar style stool is a slim middle aged man. His dark hair is slicked back, but his voice is full of energy::

Hi everybody and welcome to our rookie spotlight here on Balla.com. I'm Todd White and today we're joined by a budding star playing for the Charlotte Bobcats, the 3rd overall pick in the draft, Travis Elkin.

::The camera pans back, encompasing both Todd and a man dressed in a Bobcat track suit. Stubble covers his head, looking like it should be a dark color, but just not enough there to really tell. His face is alight though, the sort of smile on his face that you almost can't help but feel happy seeing::

TW: Well Travis, this season has started off well for you. We're into the fifth month of the season and you're working on four consecutive Rookie of the Month awards. How do you feel about how the season has gone so far, and how are you adjusting?

TE: Well, I think things have been going pretty well. I feel like I've come in and done what I've had to do to justify the faith this team showed on draft day. For all that though, I've got to step up my game to another level and help finish games off. Rookie of the Month awards are nice, but they're going to be little comfort to look at during the playoffs.

TW: What do you think you'll have to do to accomplish that? Teams are starting to recognize that you're a threat and giving you more attention on the court. Your numbers have dipped from the start of the season, and now you're dealing with shoulder that prevented you from playing in a pair of games, plus the rookie game.

TE: I was disappointed to have to miss out on that. There are a great bunch of guys that entered the league this year, and it would have been a lot of fun to get out there and really showcase what we can do. As for the extra attention on the court lately, well, it's something I've had to deal with in the past, and it just means that I'm going to have to put in the time outside of the games to refine some aspects of my game to show them something new. My shoulder is coming along nicely and I fully plan on starting an upwards turn on the court.

TW: Well, with the way you've been playing so far, there are a lot of jersies with the number nineteen wandering around Charlotte as well as other cities. Is the onset of fame in the US something you're finding difficult to deal with?

TE: It's nice man, it's really nice. Playing in Turkey, and Canada before that, we had a following, but it was mostly local. Now, there are fans in every city, every airport, every arena that just want a piece. The five seconds it takes for me to sign my name to something makes their entire day, and that's a pretty cool feeling you know. They pay it back with the roars during the game, and I've got no problem working to try and keep them cheering in the stands.

TW: Well folks, there you have it. Thank you for your time Travis and good luck the rest of the way.

TE: Thanks for having me Todd.

::And the video finishes, freezing on the two beginning to stand while shaking hands::
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #80
DeToxRox
Head Coach

1) Introduce yourself?

Danny Wilson. If you don't know me, your girlfriend surely does.

2) Who do you play for?

For the Clippers, not that you'd know it.

Horrible. I'm getting splinters in my ass from the bench.

I banged a couple of cheerleaders while on IR.

My black book became a phone book.

I just got tested and I'm disease free!
Old 02-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #81
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Giving Kobe that "accidental" elbow in practice in the preseason that has possibly ruined his career is the BEST thing I've ever done!

Considering the fact Kobe must be in his 30th season, i doubt you ruined his career with the elbow!!
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #82
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rob Nielsen sees he has a lot of work to do to teach most of you about proper NBA attitude.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #83
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

1) Introduce yourself?
Owen Hunter, PG, Colorado

2) Who do you play for?
I play for the Chicago Bulls.

It's been an up and down first few months in the NBA. I was the summer camp MVP and expected to be starting for the Bulls at the beginning of the season. I think I've played pretty good in my limited minutes for the Bulls but I've accepted that coach thinks I should develop some of my skills before I get too much playing time.

The highlight of my young career so far has undoubtebly been being named MVP of the rookie-sophomore game. I think me and Nielsen clicked really well in the game and I look forward to playing with or against him in many All Star games to come.

For me the biggest change has been adjusting the minutes I'm being given. I've never come off the bench in my life and it's killing me knowing that I can be out there and performing at a high level. Hopefully Chicago will start to see what I can do soon!

One day I'd love to play for the Boston Celtics and add another banner to their rafters. Don't get me wrong I'm happy here in Chicago right now but maybe as a last stop to my career I'd love to don the Green.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #84
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Final update of trade requests:

Neuqua: Rebuilding team, not too many SG/SF, opportunity to play, starting not a priority
Danny Wilson: Team where he'll be at least 2nd C.
Mike Tokunaga: traded to a team where he can start (btw this is unlikely to occur because your ratings are too low right now ... wanna reconsider your demands?)
Rob Nielsen: Starting spot in the Southwest Division
D Mack: Houston, starting spot and/or Rob Nielsen

I'll give this a bit before continuing with the dynasty so people can consider their options. I'll also post the various scenarios I can come up with and let people decide if it works overall, not just for the players but the teams involved.

Finally, I will trade you to a place where, theoretically, you can be the starter. But since the AI controls all that, it still may not happen... see the situation of Owen Hunter
Old 02-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #85
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Questions:
1) Introduce yourself?
Dan Ertmann, PG, Gonzaga
2) Who do you play for?
Denver Nuggets
Sucky, haven't started, pretty pissed.
The coaches say I'm amazing at sitting on the bench.
Probably the speed.
I don't have a bad attitude, I want to stay in Denver even though they don't want to start me yet, I'm really a good guy, and being in the NBA is the greatest thing ever.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:51 PM   #86
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the way, if it gets me and Jeeber on the same team, I'll happily join him if it still means I have a fighting shot at starting.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:23 PM   #87
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Mike Tokunaga: traded to a team where he can start (btw this is unlikely to occur because your ratings are too low right now ... wanna reconsider your demands?)

Well, if my ratings can actually rise with me pasted to the bench, then yah, I can wait some what...but if my career is already over, well, I would like a chance to get it going...

Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 AM   #88
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Rookie Trades

Rookie Trade Overview:

It’s the NBA Outsider Trade Deadline review and our experts are here to give their comments on various trades that occurred recently. The panel today is comprised of former All-Stars Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady, Dwight Howard and The Big Diesel himself, Shaq. With a former great at every position, we’ll be able to get insightful analysis on the trades that took place.

We’ll start with a series of trades that involved a number of 2026 first-round draft picks.

New York, Madison Square Garden

New Jersey

Tracy: Yeah, and it’s not like they have great attitudes or work ethics.

Jason: Precisely, some of them have even been labeled coach-killers.

What did you think of the Neuqua trade?

Portland trades SG Neuqua (2.5/4.5), scrub throw-in

New York trades PF Gregory Edwards (8th year vet, 9.8ppg, 7.2 rpg), PG Louis Alston (4th year, 6.9 ppg, 2.3 apg) and a 2nd round pick

Kobe: Well, that Neuqua kid’s got game or at least some potential. However, I think the New York Knicks overpaid for him though. They gave up two solid vets and a second round pick for potential in Neuqua.

Dwight: Well, I’m going to call this an even trade. The Knicks weren’t headed anywhere with Greg and Louis, as can be seen by the fact they were last in the Atlantic division. The Trailblazers on the other hand had fallen out of love with the Neuq and they had an opportunity to pick up some veteran experience for their play-off push. Of course, if Neuq improves tremendously, the Trailblazers will have gotten the short-end of the deal.

How about the trade for Danny Wilson?

LA Clippers trade Danny Wilson (2/3)

Seattle trades Shawn Horvath (11th year, 9.3ppg, 7.8 rpg), scrub and 2 2nd round picks.

Shaq: Well, this is another trade based on potential isn’t it? Danny was riding the bench in Clipper land and was clearly unhappy and affecting team chemistry. Apparently he was on the verge of being placed on the IR for some “injury” before the trade took place. I’ll tell you what though, this trade was engineered by Danny’s agent, who worked the phones hard for a month before finding some suckers to take him.

Jason: Seattle gave up way too much for a player that doesn’t look remotely close to being useful now or ever. Sure, Shawn was on his last legs and it makes sense to get some youth. But giving up 2 2nd round picks was too much for my tastes. This leaves the Sonics with no 2nd round picks for the next 3 years, thereby giving up the chance to get some raw talent in.

And Mike Tokunaga?

Boston trades Mike Tokunaga and cash

Toronto trades Justin King (1st year, 22nd pick overall)

Jason: Well, I’m not sure why this trade was made to be honest. Both players were riding the bench, both play the same position (PG) and both are not close to being NBA ready. It appears both teams just wanted to exchange disgruntled young PGs and hope the change of environment would help their development.

Tracy: I heard rumours though that what Toronto wanted out of this was the cash Boston threw into the deal. The attendance in Toronto has been abysmal this season and the cash may just help them tide through a reported financial crisis.

How about Rob Nielsen, self-proclaimed Rookie of the Year?

Cleveland trades Rob Nielsen (3/3.5) and SG Marice White (2/2.5)

New Orleans trades 2028 1st round pick, SG Josh Sawyer (8th year, 7.0 ppg, 3.0 apg), Darius Moran (9th year, 7.1 ppg, 5.3 apg, 1.8spg) and scrub

Tracy: I don’t know about this trade to be honest. New Orleans gets a talented SF in Rob Nielsen, who has been one of the top 5 rookies this season. There’s a real possibility Rob Nielsen gets to start now. But Cleveland gets a lot out of this deal as well. Most importantly, Cleveland gets another 1st round pick to rebuild their franchise. Who got the better out of this deal will really depend on who Cleveland gets to draft with the New Orleans draft pick. But for now, advantage New Orleans.

Kobe: Well, Rob represents what’s wrong with the NBA today. Rob was unhappy playing in the East and wanted a trade to someplace in the Southwest. I guess he’ll be happy now in New Orleans until Rob decides he wants to play in Siberia or something.

Finally, to round up the rookie trades, the D Mack transaction.

LA Lakers trade Jeeber D Mack, SG Carl Carson and scrub

Houston trades C Chris Long (8th year, 7.8 ppg, 8.0 rpg), SG Charlie Harris (9th year, 9.7ppg, 4.8rpg), SF Doc Ferguson (13th year, 6.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg), C Linton Anthony (3rd year, 6.5 ppg, 4.1 rpg)

Shaq: I don’t like it. Houston gave up 4 solid players for one POTENTIAL all-star. The key word here is POTENTIAL. Don’t get me wrong, D Mack has ability but I question whether he can get to the next level. He’s too small … and he’s definitely not The Big Diesel.

Dwight: Well, Lakers win this round. I don’t really care about the 4 players they got. The key to this deal was the first round pick they managed to swindle out of Houston in return for D Mack. The Lakers screwed up their draft by picking D Mack when it was clear there was no PT for the rookie. The Lakers were thus in a poor bargaining position, or so we thought. Looks like we found a dumb GM who fell for whatever benefits the Lakers threw at him.

Thanks all. Stay tuned and we’ll be back with the rest of the trade news after this.

So the trades took place at the end of month 4. No more activity until the end of the season now. I've found places for all of you in places where you either had the potential to start, i.e. among the top 2 or 3 at your position, or a chance to contribute regularly, top 1 or 2 reserves at your position.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:06 AM   #89
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
Considering the fact Kobe must be in his 30th season, i doubt you ruined his career with the elbow!!

Ummm...I was talking about his career in acting! Yeah, that's the ticket!

I'm just glad to finally be a Rocket. Home sweet home...

Old 02-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #90
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

New ORLEANS! The city has been rebuilt in the future, and I'm partying!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #91
Jesse_Ewiak
Banned

Shouldn't it be New New Orleans?

*crickets*

I'll be here all week, try the veal.
Jesse_Ewiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #92
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Wait a minute. Kobe BRYANT is calling Rob Nielsen a selfish player!?!?

Rob Nielsen doesn't have to take this shit from a washed up asshole.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #93
JeeberD
General Manager

N'N'Orleans is gonna get BLASTED by the mighty Rockets!

Last edited by JeeberD : 02-15-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:56 PM   #94
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

New New Orleans will win the championship with Rob Nielsen at the helm.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:58 AM   #95
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Well something odd happened, the M Tokunaga trade didn't take place Sorry bout that. I'll owe you one down the road Blade.

On the bright side, the other 4 trades went quite well Updates to follow in a day or so.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:09 AM   #96
kingfc22
Head Coach

If anybody retires, I'd like to be added into the dynasty.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #97
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Well something odd happened, the M Tokunaga trade didn't take place Sorry bout that. I'll owe you one down the road Blade.

No problem...

Old 02-16-2006, 09:34 AM   #98
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
New New Orleans will win the draft lottery with Rob Nielsen at the helm.

Yup

Old 02-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #99
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I bow down to your greatness, Lord Rob.

Thank you.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #100
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Seattle! I'm sending Rob Nielsen a plane ticket so we can get blitzed and piss all over Kurt Cobans grave.