Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-23-2003, 08:47 PM   #51
oykib
College Starter

I think baseball is also good for that. Baseball is good in that you have minor league levels and scouting. No game I've played manages to really capture the stuff a MLB GM has to deal with.

For instance, most baseball sims have some form of scouting. But they don't really factor in how much you have to manage resources as far as scouts. Where is advance scouting? A contending team has as many or more scouts on the road looking towards their possible competition as they have beating the bushes.

What about team focus? Are we looking Ken Griffey, jr. and other HS talent or are we looking for college ballplayers? How much international scouting do we do? Are we gonna build an academy in San Pedro de Marcoris?

These are things that have been missed. Also, I don't see teams having proper reps. CM gets it right. Good players won't come to your team if it's a crappy squad in a podunk town. Your good players want to leave. Sometimes players just won't re-sign with you when they come through your system.

OOTP comes the closest. But for some reason most of what I do in OOTP seems like a chore.

In general there doesn't seem to be enough in terms of investment in both the short and long terms. Therefore these sims haven't been able to give you real resource management. That's where the next dimension is in these sims.

oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 09:05 PM   #52
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I think there is a market for soccer in the United States. Championship Manager is certiantly a great game but there is definanlty ways it can be aproved on in the United States. Just my two cents.