Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #51
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
I thought Scarred-Peter was the 5-years in the future one.

Yeah, maybe he gets manipulated by the baddies and then faces Hiro, who gives him a nice slash in the ensuing battle.

ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #52
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yeah, maybe he gets manipulated by the baddies and then faces Hiro, who gives him a nice slash in the ensuing battle.

he wont have a scar...that history never happened...in the future with the scar, the bomb exploded and decimated new york
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #53
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I watched it after the Saints game, so I was really tired, and very depressed- but I was having a hard time following the Hiro storyline. I guess I'll have to rewatch the episode before next week.

Overall I liked it, going in I knew it wouldn't be as great as the ones towards the end of last season, since they have to build up the new characters and storylines...but overall I was happy with it.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #54
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
he wont have a scar...that history never happened...in the future with the scar, the bomb exploded and decimated new york

I'm not sure they won't bring up the possibility this season of it becoming a danger again.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:25 PM   #55
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
I watched it after the Saints game, so I was really tired, and very depressed- but I was having a hard time following the Hiro storyline. I guess I'll have to rewatch the episode before next week.

Overall I liked it, going in I knew it wouldn't be as great as the ones towards the end of last season, since they have to build up the new characters and storylines...but overall I was happy with it.

i have a theory about the Hiro story...i am expecting the Swordsmith, whose hot looking daughter took the sword from the gaijin, to be Hiro's father (george takei)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #56
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ok, was that Peter-with-a-scar that Nathan saw in his reflection? What's that suppose to mean?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #57
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I see Greg Grundberg didn't waste the summer away taking acting lessons.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #58
kingfc22
Head Coach

I found the season opener to be ho-hum. I'm really curious to see what is up with Maya though.

And for some reason, Hiro's hero being a white dude was kind of a let down for me. Dunno why.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #59
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ok, was that Peter-with-a-scar that Nathan saw in his reflection? What's that suppose to mean?

Yeah. I think that was supposed to be horribly scarred/dead radiated Peter. Nathan thinks he's dead. How Nathan survived that, I have no idea. Maybe he pussed out at the end and flew away real fast or something.

That alien or robot kid is as annoying as the cheerleaders.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:44 AM   #60
Thomkal
Head Coach

well overall I liked the first epidsode but I thought it was pretty lame that Claire just happened to step out in front of a car with a guy with powers, and then he just happened to see her heal from her injury from jumping off the tower.

Also thought the george takei "fight" was a bit lame, and right now at least I think having Hiro's hero to be an Englishman (I think?) was a poor decision. I'm guessing though he's going to be related to current cast members somehow.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:18 AM   #61
Yossarian
High School Varsity

I'm starting to think EP1 was actually a bit lame.

Some reasons:
* It seems a bit contrived that the one guy that is stalking Claire is a 'hero'. Unless he's actaully a plant - but y'know, you need that stuff for plot so whatever.

* The amnesia approach for Peter. This is such a cliche that it goes beyond 'comic book convention' into 'jeez, that cheap excuse again?' territory. Fair enough, Peter was too powerful at the end of season one but they could have just killed him off or otherwise just not include him - it's not like the show fails without Peter in it. That said, the idea of Peter being a baddy could be fun.

* The big-bad in this season not only has a LOGO, they have FREAKIN MERCHANDISE? So fair enough, Kensei has a logo on his armour. And fair enough whowever the big bad is in this season may BE Kensei or be a huge stalker of his (Hero?) but would the logo really be so important to the dude that Molly sees it in her nightmares? And why the *fuck* would you make a bloody necklace for Peter with it? What's next, freakin mouse mats and mugs?

* This is just a niggle, but Claire must be the luckiest person alive. It's a perfect combination to have osteoperosis and self-healing. The girl farts too loudly, she breaks a bone.

* I agree that sulu's death was lame. I mean, why is Eminem in this show? (though I guess the killer could be Hero or Nathan I suppose - I prefer Eminem though)

* The police swat team training thing that Parkman participated in was rediculously unrealistic. He's a cop, not Master Chief

* Using a beard to show Nathan being a drop out? Really? Is he going to smoke weed next?

All that said, I'll probably still enjoy the show - but it just felt a little overly contrived in places I guess.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:25 AM   #62
Bee
Pro Starter

Did you guys watch last season? The whole show is overly contrived. The "alien or robot" boy having powers is like a drop in the ocean compared to all the similar crap they did last season. I don't know, just seems to me if you're ok with all the connections between the people from last season the fact that Claire's new boyfriend can fly is pretty minor. Hell, based on last season I expect him to end up being Linderman's bastard or something.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:48 AM   #63
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Did you guys watch last season? The whole show is overly contrived. The "alien or robot" boy having powers is like a drop in the ocean compared to all the similar crap they did last season. I don't know, just seems to me if you're ok with all the connections between the people from last season the fact that Claire's new boyfriend can fly is pretty minor. Hell, based on last season I expect him to end up being Linderman's bastard or something.

I just watched the show last night so I'm only now reading the whole thread.

Right now this thread screams of "nostalgia" to me. Somehow, as good as Hero's REALLY was last year, people seem to have given it superhuman powers of its own. I felt like this show was very similar in pace/quality/style/etc as the early episodes last year, including the contrived situations like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:53 AM   #64
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

some people are way overanalyzing/overnitpicking things... I enjoyed it, felt like the start of a new season, much like they started last season, slow and steady...

FM
Old 09-26-2007, 06:58 AM   #65
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Quote:
Did you guys watch last season? The whole show is overly contrived.

You're right.

I think what it is (from my personal perspective) is that on the 'new' show, most of the random stuff happens before you really give a shit.

But by the time the next season comes round, you kind of know how the 'rules of this universe' work and notice the wee things more.

Hero's Season 1 was guilty of many of the same things I guess, but I just personally didn't notice them so much.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #66
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Have to agree with Bee and Wade Moore. I think some people have thought Heroes was far better than it actually was last season. Maybe they are basing it on a few absolutely amazing episodes in the middle of last season or something. But I'm a bit amused by people complaining about some of the "contrived" stuff in Ep1 of the new season.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 09-26-2007 at 07:04 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #67
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
some people are way overanalyzing/overnitpicking things...
FM

What?!?!?! That never happens around here!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #68
Celeval
Pro Starter

Actually, I thought the Hiro and Claire storylines both seemed to be strongly pointing in a particular direction that hadn't been mentioned:

Not really spoilers, as they're just my guesses, but still:

Spoiler
Old 09-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I decided to look at your guesses, since you said they are guesses and I agree with both of them. I'm almost certain about the 1st one.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #70
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I decided to look at your guesses, since you said they are guesses and I agree with both of them. I'm almost certain about the 1st one.

I have thought the first one was correct since Hiro ported back to 1671 at the end of season 1.

As for #2, I don't agree with the theory. It seems too obvious to me.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #71
Bee
Pro Starter

I disagree a little with the first one. My opinion is below:

Spoiler

Last edited by Bee : 09-26-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #72
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
* The big-bad in this season not only has a LOGO, they have FREAKIN MERCHANDISE? So fair enough, Kensei has a logo on his armour. And fair enough whowever the big bad is in this season may BE Kensei or be a huge stalker of his (Hero?) but would the logo really be so important to the dude that Molly sees it in her nightmares? And why the *fuck* would you make a bloody necklace for Peter with it? What's next, freakin mouse mats and mugs?

* This is just a niggle, but Claire must be the luckiest person alive. It's a perfect combination to have osteoperosis and self-healing. The girl farts too loudly, she breaks a bone.

* Using a beard to show Nathan being a drop out? Really? Is he going to smoke weed next?

What logo? Are you talking about that genetic symbol that was there since the beginning of last season?

I don't think Claire breaking her leg on that fall is unrealistic... everyone else was jumping onto a mat and landing on thier backs. She decided to jump straight to the ground, and land on her feet. That platform looked to be pretty high...

I think using a beard is alright to show he is not taking care of himself. He was always clean-shaven last season, so a thick beard and hostility with his mom indicates something's wrong with him.

What I'm wondering is what the hell that messed up reflection of his is all about!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:03 AM   #73
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That he's drunk!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #74
DanGarion
Coordinator

I really love that they have the guy that played Sark on Alias playing Kensei. That was funny.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:11 AM   #75
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I don't think Claire breaking her leg on that fall is unrealistic... everyone else was jumping onto a mat and landing on thier backs. She decided to jump straight to the ground, and land on her feet. That platform looked to be pretty high...

It may have been 12 feet. I don't see someone breaking their leg like she did at 12 feet. Might get a torn ligament or a sprain/strained ankle, but no breakage like that.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #76
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
It may have been 12 feet. I don't see someone breaking their leg like she did at 12 feet. Might get a torn ligament or a sprain/strained ankle, but no breakage like that.

But she jumped and did some backflip thing too. It wasn't a straight fall... I don't know, I think the fact that they setup with a mat at first shows that it's meant to be high?

That, and it's kind of hard to show a torn ligament healing I think...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #77
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
But she jumped and did some backflip thing too. It wasn't a straight fall... I don't know, I think the fact that they setup with a mat at first shows that it's meant to be high?

That, and it's kind of hard to show a torn ligament healing I think...
But the backflip doesn't add any height to it, unless she's able to jump real high . But yes it was done just for effect. I think they should of had her miss the jump and land on her arm or something that screwed up her shoulder that would have been more believable. But I love the show regardless.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #78
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This show has been a bit over-blown. It was enjoyable, but certainly no masterpiece. It often suffered from pretty bad dialogue and acting, not to mention obvious pot devices. There were certainly moments of genius last year (in particular the episode about Mr. Bennet's past), but they were really the exception not the rule. For the most part, it's just a pretty entertaining show about people with super-powers, which is all I ever really wanted it to be.

That is the reason a lot of the promotions for the show, making it seem like the greatest thing in TV are pretty annoying. Then again, the marketing/advertizing for the show has been pretty annoying ever since it started becoming popular in the first place.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #79
klayman
College Benchwarmer

No one has mentioned this,

Spoiler

Last edited by klayman : 09-26-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: spoiler tag
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:28 AM   #80
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman View Post
No one has mentioned this,

but I think it was Nathan that Ando bumped into at the start of Ando's segment. I'm thinking Nathan has something to do with the 'murders'. In fact, after just watching it again, it is indeed Nathan. That puts him at both spots where the picture came up.
It was pretty obvious it was Nathan, since they showed him right in the next scene. Not sure if I agree with your assumption about him being the possible killer, but that's just my opinion. I removed your spoiler tag since I don't really think talking about the already aired show and explaining what you think might happen as a spoiler.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:37 AM   #81
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
It was pretty obvious it was Nathan, since they showed him right in the next scene. Not sure if I agree with your assumption about him being the possible killer, but that's just my opinion. I removed your spoiler tag since I don't really think talking about the already aired show and explaining what you think might happen as a spoiler.
Yeah, I really didn't think they were trying to hide that..

I thought it was more about showing yet another situation of a "small world" type situation, but also that Nathan is not "recognizable" to people because he's so strung out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 AM   #82
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It often suffered from pretty bad dialogue and acting, not to mention obvious pot devices.

You mean like bongs and roach clips or something? I must have missed those totally.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #83
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

I had forgotten about this, and thought it was sure that Nathan was the one to slip the half-picture into the paper.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #84
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Just watched the episode, after watching all of season 1 over the last 2 weeks again. I liked the first episode this year a lot. Peter at the end was cool. Not sure I am convinced he will be a bad guy, but it will be interesting if that happens for a while.

I agree that Hiro will probably end up doing all the things Kenzo was said to have done, and will learn to be the badass he will end up being in the process.

Next, I don't think Claire's broken leg was seen by Alien/Robot boy, although he thought something was up. I also think it is interesting that he is the first person we have seen in this show that has the same power as an earlier character (and he didn't get it from the first person). He can fly, very interesting to me.

Maya, the new girl. Someone called her a villian already? SHe kills people somehow, and can't control it yet. I am not going to label her a bad person already. Maybe something along the Ted line right now in my eyes. I am very interested in what exactly her power is.

My big question.....Nathan walked away from being a Congressman or what? He won the election, but didn't seem to have the job.

I look forward to the coming episodes. I want to see what D.L., Nikki, and their kid are up to. I am pretty sure Sulu is either not dead, or has lots of back story, because George Takei has said on Howard Stern he has lots of scenes this season. I assumed that meant as much if not more then last season. The Isreali girl who can do the email/text message reading and sending trick is still out there I assume.

I am off to read the online comics, I haven't done so since last season.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #85
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
My big question.....Nathan walked away from being a Congressman or what? He won the election, but didn't seem to have the job.

Yep... apparently he resigned from the position.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #86
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Maya, the new girl. Someone called her a villian already? SHe kills people somehow, and can't control it yet. I am not going to label her a bad person already. Maybe something along the Ted line right now in my eyes. I am very interested in what exactly her power is.

Quote:
I am off to read the online comics, I haven't done so since last season.

This past week's comic gives more hints/details on Maya and what seems to be going on there.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #87
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

It seems I missed a lot of comics, about 35 or so actually. Catching up on some good stuff so far and I am only up to Chapter 33. 20 more to go. Looks like a couple of my questions will be answered..........
Old 10-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #88
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Didn't watch last week, but I laughed when Ned Ryerson (you know, Needlenose Ned) showed up as Mohinder's boss. Also, wouldn't it be weird if Claire walked back into her house at the end of the episode and there was another her? (In other words, the toe grew another Claire).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #89
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

The toe thing was pretty cool. And Flyboy saw that one, no doubt from me on that one.

Peter is not in control of some bad guy, I am glad to see that. Though I see a little crime spree in his future. The number of powers Peter has now is nuts. The one thing that does bug me is the super hearing which they seem not to have given him even though he was pretty damn close to Sylar in the final episode last season. That was one power which seemed pretty hard to get hold of for the people who had it, so if he doesn't have any problems from it and it just appears for him one episode it will be the first writing flaw with this show that will actually bug me.

Kenzo has the power of regeneration. Now with Flyboy that makes two new characters with the ability of another one. Looks like Hiro may actually convince the guy to be who he is supposed to be. I thought for sure Hiro would end up being the true Kenzo.

Angela Petrelli yelling in her head at Parkman was freakin' hilarious. The scene with her getting attacked was a trip.

Haitian guy was a cool little twist I wasn't looking for.

There better be some D.L./Nikki/Micah next episode, thats all I'm saying.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #90
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A very enjoyable episode. I was surprised to see Takezo heal at the end. I was also sure that Hiro was going to "become" Takezo. I'm very interested to see where they go with the Peter plot next, also I'm wondering how long until they start working Sylar back into things.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #91
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
A very enjoyable episode. I was surprised to see Takezo heal at the end. I was also sure that Hiro was going to "become" Takezo. I'm very interested to see where they go with the Peter plot next, also I'm wondering how long until they start working Sylar back into things.

I wasn't playing 100% attention but I thought I saw Sylar was in next weeks episode during the previews at the end.....
Old 10-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #92
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The toe thing totally made me wince when she cut it. And of course the dog is jumping up... people generally don't look up (prior comic tie in - not a spoiler though, so don't jump on my back ) .

I wonder where Peter's electro-shock tosses come from... but what he'll do to get his identity back should be fun.

I liked that Kenzo was a hero after all... rejeneration is a nice skill to have when people fling arrows at you.

I'm just wondering what Noah Bennett is planning. What does he need the Haitian for?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:36 PM   #93
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm just wondering what Noah Bennett is planning. What does he need the Haitian for?

Just a decent guy to have around I guess. More friends to help him take down The Company the better.

About the Haitian, I was watching season 1 disks again today and something bugged me a little. When Bennett and him grabbed Nathan at the Vegas hotel, Nathan flew away from them. Yet from other scenes with him (and the comics) it seems his ability to disable other's abilities isn't really something he turns on and off. Parkman was trying to read Bennett's mind once in the parking lot of the paper company and they never knew he was there, yet his mind reading was being blocked.

As for the here and now, the Maya/Alejandro story line needs to move along now. It was interesting to see him not get effected by her power, and then also to see him kind of neutralize it or something like that. Still, I just hope they get to the damn U.S. soon, I am a little impatient with that storyline for some reason.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #94
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Please God, get Peter out of Ireland ASAP, those accents are killing me!
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #95
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
As for the here and now, the Maya/Alejandro story line needs to move along now. It was interesting to see him not get effected by her power, and then also to see him kind of neutralize it or something like that. Still, I just hope they get to the damn U.S. soon, I am a little impatient with that storyline for some reason.

I'm thinking that they are twins, so together, combined they neutrize each other. Seperate, one has a plague, one has healing/cure.

Interesting twist on the twin concept invovling heroes.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:56 AM   #96
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Please God, get Peter out of Ireland ASAP, those accents are killing me!

The woman's accent is hot... but I have a thing for women with Irish accents.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #97
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
The woman's accent is hot... but I have a thing for women with Irish accents.

Agreed with both. My girlfriend was constantly angry at me when we went on vacation to Ireland....that was some rough times....
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #98
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
The number of powers Peter has now is nuts. The one thing that does bug me is the super hearing which they seem not to have given him even though he was pretty damn close to Sylar in the final episode last season. That was one power which seemed pretty hard to get hold of for the people who had it, so if he doesn't have any problems from it and it just appears for him one episode it will be the first writing flaw with this show that will actually bug me.

Agreed, but I don't think he has it. I think it's been a pretty common set with Peter that he only gets powers when they've been used around him - I don't think Sylar used the melting-metal, super-hearing, or perfect-memory during the fight.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #99
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I wonder where Peter's electro-shock tosses come from... but what he'll do to get his identity back should be fun.

I think he gets it from Ted. The special effect seems to be the same.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #100
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
About the Haitian, I was watching season 1 disks again today and something bugged me a little. When Bennett and him grabbed Nathan at the Vegas hotel, Nathan flew away from them. Yet from other scenes with him (and the comics) it seems his ability to disable other's abilities isn't really something he turns on and off. Parkman was trying to read Bennett's mind once in the parking lot of the paper company and they never knew he was there, yet his mind reading was being blocked.

I think we had a discussion about this last year. I can't recall exactly what we decided, but I think it had something to do with Parkman's power being a mental power (telepathy) and since the Haitian's power is all about mind-wiping, etc., that he just created a natural aura against telepathic powers. Sort of a void if you will.

If he can neutralize non-telepathic powers (which I seem to recall he can), then perhaps he has to be more active about it/focused on the power.

That's a bit of a leap, but not a significant one.