Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

While I'm sure there are two sides to it, with the availability of the internet and the ability to follow my team from anywhere, I wouldn't let that have a big effect on where I lived. My wife just said to me "I don't know anyone who loves any team more than you love North Carolina Basketball" and if I have to move out of ACC TV Coverage area I would have no problem doing so.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #52
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
without knowing what LSG looks like, it's hard to answer the question.

edited at GE's insistance

Last edited by LoneStarGirl : 02-12-2006 at 07:46 PM.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #53
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

I think we need to know if LSG and GE had this discussion naked. I think the answer would have been different if they were.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #54
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
Some of us are faithfully abiding by the "when faced with an obvious no-win situation, attempt to clearly define angles of parody and insolence through taking a position designed to be somewhat inflammatory and eventually leading to much merriment and the forgetting of any previous tensions."

Others of us would simply point to this thread as another example of why one never, never shows a significant other his message board of choice.

There is no benefit to letting your significant other see this site. Either you'll hear something along the lines of "are you talking to your internet friends again?" Or you might, lord forbid, find her asking relationship advice on the board.

Last edited by Desnudo : 02-12-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #55
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
Just know that I give good head.

Just quoting so you can't edit it away
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #56
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
edited at GE's insistance
I am dying to know what you edited out here.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #57
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

I know. I'll tell you for $5.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 PM   #58
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

dola, damn I'm quick
Old 02-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #59
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors

look up
Old 02-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #60
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Just quoting so you can't edit it away

Just in case she gets to Chubby:

Quote:
Just know that I give good head.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #61
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Bastards.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #62
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Bastards, pussies...tell me again why you asked for our advice?
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #63
Celeval
Pro Starter

==========

^
|
10 foot pole that I won't touch this thread with.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, that decides it. I'd choose whatever you wanted

Seriously, when Mrs. Eaglesfan and I started dating she made it clear that she wanted to move back to Louisiana. I knew that I wouldn't be getting as many Eagles' and Trojan's games as I wanted on TV. However, I follow them on TV when I can and on the internet when I can't. Also, once we have our house, we'll get Direct TV for the NFL Sunday Pass and I'll be ordering any USC games on PPV. There is no way, I'd let my love of sports, dictate where we live. However, now that we are facing some real economic problems due to Post-Katrina, I do want her to seriously consider moving from Louisiana or at least New Orleans. It's caused some friction, but she is willing to compromise. I think that compromise is the key to any good relationship.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-12-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #65
saldana
Pro Starter

i know someone said something about this before, but can i ask GE a question....did you go to Memphis, or just grow up there?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #66
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Well, that decides it. I'd choose whatever you wanted

Seriously, when Mrs. Eaglesfan and I started dating she made it clear that she wanted to move back to Louisiana. I knew that I wouldn't be getting as many Eagles' and Trojan's games as I wanted on TV. However, I follow them on TV when I can and on the internet when I can't. Also, once we have our house, we'll get Direct TV for the NFL Sunday Pass and I'll be ordering any USC games on PPV. There is no way, I'd let my love of sports, dictate where we live. However, now that we are facing some real economic problems due to Post-Katrina, I do want her to seriously consider moving from Louisiana or at least New Orleans. It's caused some friction, but she is willing to compromise. I think that compromise is the key to any good relationship.

all the best to you man, don't know you from the guy standing on my corner but you seem like a good person.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #67
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
without knowing what LSG looks like, it's hard to answer the question.

What DD said ^^^^^
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #68
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
My first rule of posting on the board is to never bring personal issues here and post about them. There have been times that I've relayed stories or asked for info to help settle a discussion, but I always ask radii first if it's ok with him and if he has any reluctance I don't post it. That said...

Based on what LSG said, I have to say I agree with her. BUT like GE said, there are 2 sides to any story. It's possible he is saying "I am not going to follow you around the country so you can land a great job - it needs to be someplace I'll be happy also". But since we don't know that, it's hard to give an answer to the original question.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #69
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i know someone said something about this before, but can i ask GE a question....did you go to Memphis, or just grow up there?

He grew up in a town about 5 minutes south of memphis. But he has been a fan all of his life, same with his dad and brother.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #70
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Bastards.

Foul mouthed and naughty. If GE doesn't see what he's got, then he's blind.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:10 PM   #71
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

GE hates us
Old 02-12-2006, 08:24 PM   #72
st.cronin
General Manager

When I started dating my girlfriend, she started attending hockey games (and has not stopped - she is now a Road Runner fan). When I decided I wanted to attend school in Santa Fe, she started looking for work in Santa Fe. I told her I'm intending to attend graduate school, possibly in Connecticut or New Jersey, and she has since been regularly writing her friends and family in the New England area.

Yes, I am bragging. I have the most incredibly loyal woman ever.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #73
Rizon
Pro Starter

Without question my sports team because my hand doesn't talk back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:36 PM   #74
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
My first rule of posting on the board is to never bring personal issues here and post about them. There have been times that I've relayed stories or asked for info to help settle a discussion, but I always ask radii first if it's ok with him and if he has any reluctance I don't post it. That said...

Based on what LSG said, I have to say I agree with her. BUT like GE said, there are 2 sides to any story. It's possible he is saying "I am not going to follow you around the country so you can land a great job - it needs to be someplace I'll be happy also". But since we don't know that, it's hard to give an answer to the original question.

Oh I wouldn't have posted this without GE first saying I could. And if GE and I had mutual friends around here, they would have been the ones to hear this, but we dont, so you guys are it.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #75
ScottVib
High School Varsity

With a name like Golden Eagle, I would've assumed he was a Southern Miss fan.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #76
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh man, LSG is GE's girlfriend? I helped him out with his woman problems once...

Last edited by MrBug708 : 02-12-2006 at 09:32 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:41 PM   #77
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Oh man, LSG is GE's girlfriend? I helped him out with his woman problems once...

you helping GE with woman problems? that's kind of like Cam giving haircut advice, JiMG suggesting a good filesharing site, or Cringer giving lessons in ebonics.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #78
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708

In case you didn't realize this either....I'm married to Arles.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #79
Danny
Head Coach

love > sports.

Last edited by Danny : 02-12-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:20 PM   #80
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You do know this is Memphis that you are arguing about? Memphis...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #81
MrBug708
Head Coach

For the sake of GE and his sanity, I say stay with Memphis
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #82
st.cronin
General Manager

I understand that Memphis is actually a lovely place to live.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #83
gkb
High School Varsity

I'd move anywhere my _wife_ wanted me to move. I've had girlfriends that I've dated for several years who ended up cheating on me. I wouldn't move for my S.O. unless I was married or engaged...

I'm sure I'll be happy that I posted to this thread later on.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:44 AM   #84
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So maybe this is a tad too serious of an answer, for as light a thread as it has been so far, but at some point I just get tired of the "ooh, how taboo to talk about something like this (especially right before the world's largest fabricated holiday)". I know a lot of people are silly and flippant about it and not at all serious so this isn't that direction but I know there are also a lot of people actually believe this.

I have a wife who, if she asked questions like "if I or your computer are hanging off a cliff, which one do you save" knows that the response will be "Can I get the monitor, mouse, keyboard, and printer, too?" And you know what, it's not because I'm some cold, heartless monster that hates her or takes her for granted or loves my computer, sports teams, or whatever more than her.

I'm sorry, but any time someone goes to the "am I more important or is X", they're missing the boat entirely and just trying to be a manipulative bitch/bastard (equal opportunity as both genders do it). If you guys can't reach some sort of agreement or compromise or talk about it to the point where there's ultimatums flying, there's something bigger wrong than "you like your sports team a little too much".

And for some reason, it's really taboo to say this. It results in guys sleeping on couches or being in the doghouse or not getting any or "being due some revenge" or whatever. This post will be viewed as "ooh, I can't believe someone said that" or dismissed as much too serious in a casual thread (carry on- I don't mean to get in the way of that and if this is a parody thread, wow, I stepped in it big time but it's what I'm good at ). But, if no one else was going to say "If you're making someone choose between X and you, you're the one screwing up more, not him (and not to say he's not screwing up things also)", it has to be said.

This particular one isn't quite in that vein. Well, actually it is because you asked "would any of you guys choose a school or sports team over your woman?" which, in this case, is basically saying that you love money more than him, using that same logic applied above. But let's not play fair and just throw this little (GIANT) detail out the window.

But, let's throw that aside and say this one is about a different argument. You could always kindly inform him, as has been suggested previously in the thread, of ESPN's delightful packages he could buy with more money and NCAA tournament trips, bowl trips, and tickets and how you would love to let him- ok, so maybe that's pouring it on a tad too sugary sweet. But you get the idea.

Tho, of course, from what I've seen with others- money isn't everything in a job- there's job satisfaction, challenge, location (ding), and more and if you don't get those but a lot of money, it's still not worth it.

Finally, to use a counterexample, I didn't see a bunch of people jump on EF's wife for saying she loved New Orleans and wanted to stay. Yes, there were people frustrated with that and it's fairly obvious that the better job situation for him is to go elsewhere. But I didn't see a single post saying she's some awful person for wanting to stay where she lives- but a lot of posts talking about either making the best of a bad situation or trying to convince her that it was better for both of them.

This is obviously something that's going to require both of you to be on the same page and situations like this are going to be tough for both to reconcile. This is one of those decisions, that if you're both serious, the question isn't "Which do you choose, me or X?", it needs to be "what is the most good for both of you?"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #85
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
SI - I totally agree with everything you just said, I know with every ounce of my being that radii would choose me/Anthony over anything else...but sometimes I kid around with him and ask the questions like your wife does.

From what I could tell, her original post was not a truly serious "He has to make a choice" kind of thing, it was more like a "I want to know what you guys would do in this situation"...like I said in a previous post, I make it a rule to never post personal issue between radii and I here, but GE doesn't seem upset that she did and he seemed to be OK with everything...I don't think she was actually saying to him "Choose me or Memphis" (although that is what the original post sounded like).
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:17 AM   #86
Drake
assmaster

There is only one Memphis. There are lots of women.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:18 AM   #87
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Just playing the devil's advocate here.

Quote:
I wanted to move to Texas, or to where ever I was being offered the most money.

So basically you are choosing money over him?
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #88
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Staying where your roots are is important to a lot of people. That is a valid reason for not moving, especially if you doubt the prospects of a future life together.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #89
bbor
Pro Starter

Ummm....uhh....oh....wow....

My wife reads this board once in awhile......so i will just shut up now.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:17 PM   #90
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
SI - I totally agree with everything you just said, I know with every ounce of my being that radii would choose me/Anthony over anything else...but sometimes I kid around with him and ask the questions like your wife does.

From what I could tell, her original post was not a truly serious "He has to make a choice" kind of thing, it was more like a "I want to know what you guys would do in this situation"...like I said in a previous post, I make it a rule to never post personal issue between radii and I here, but GE doesn't seem upset that she did and he seemed to be OK with everything...I don't think she was actually saying to him "Choose me or Memphis" (although that is what the original post sounded like).
Well, and that's why there was some disclaimer in there. I tend to miss some obvious things like that so I wanted to make sure that this was clear. However, as I said up there as well, I've run into a lot of people who think this is a completely legit question and wouldn't bat an eye and think it's ok to do that- there's where I was targeting that at.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #91
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
There is no benefit to letting your significant other see this site.

Indeed.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Indeed.

I absolutely agree. Mrs. Eaglesfan knows I spend quite a bit of time here, but she has no interest in reading the board. A fact which makes me very glad.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:40 PM   #93
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

If you really want to get your man out of Memphis. Make about 20,000-50,000 flyers saying his name and that he's a high-risk child molestor. Pass them out around the town, where he works, and everywhere else....leave a bunch of them on the sidewalk of the street you live on.

I mean...where's the ingenuity, people?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #94
Drake
assmaster

That's f'ing brilliant! I think I love you.

Last edited by Drake : 02-13-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #95
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Asking for relationship advice on a board where your significant other hangs out is hot.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:38 PM   #96
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Asking for relationship advice on a board where your significant other hangs out is hot.

not showing us pics for point of reference is not hot

(admittedly, the bj line was pretty hot though)
Old 02-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #97
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf

How is that relationship advice? I didn't ask for advice for anything, and if i did, it wasn't intentional because I really dont want advice from people who spend the majority of their time on a message board. I just wanted to put this situation out there and see if y'all loved a town or sports team as much as GE does.
Plus, he said that he knew a couple of guys out here would definitly back him up, so it was funny to me that those guys were the ones that in fact agreed with my point of view on the situation.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #98
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
How is that relationship advice? I didn't ask for advice for anything, and if i did, it wasn't intentional because I really dont want advice from people who spend the majority of their time on a message board.

classy.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
classy.

Yep. Glad I took the time to respond.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:57 PM   #100
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I understand that Memphis is actually a lovely place to live.

If by lovely you mean you get your Fed Ex packages quickly and there are some good strip clubs then I agree with you completely. Otherwise ... not so much.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote