Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2005, 01:17 AM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

with "very low" for ambition and "laid back" and "high emphasis on academics" it looks like i got a bunch more of the top teams (UNC...Duke...)

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:37 AM   #52
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Craig said that prestige is his top concern about any school. (07/16/05)

Ranked 12th in the nation from Oakland Park, Florida, and his top schools are:
1. Northwestern
2. Kent State
3. Providence
4. Wisconsin
5. Miami (OH)
6. Massachusetts
7. Kansas State
8. Iowa
9. Missouri
10. Texas A&M

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:48 AM   #53
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Just got into August:

Quote:
Congratulations to you and your school, Coach. Jacobs Goree has been nominated for the prestigious Norton Award which is given out to the player who exemplifies hard work on the basketball court, in the classroom and in their community. Good luck to your player this season, coach.

I don't know anything about these awards, but the guy's a freshman.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:50 AM   #54
Zippo
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
Just got into August:

Nice! I think the trophy case on the team info screen has the description of each awards.

Last edited by Zippo : 12-27-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:01 AM   #55
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
1. Northwestern
2. Kent State
3. Providence
4. Wisconsin
5. Miami (OH)
6. Massachusetts
7. Kansas State
8. Iowa
9. Missouri
10. Texas A&M

Ok, this seems to shake out just fine by late August. All his top teams now are very prestigious.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:41 AM   #56
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

I can't seem to get the computer to coach my team's games when I watch them. I unchecked Human Control before the game, but it stills expects me to make substitutions.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:47 AM   #57
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Gave up on watching the game and simmed it. Got a run time error 91.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:13 AM   #58
Icy
Pro Starter

Wow awesome christmas present. Now i just need more time to play BBCF anf TCB, my bussines and marriage is going to suffer a lot.

Gary, i also think the pbp must be there, as option for the ones who don't want it, but at least possible to read for the ones who want. It's specially usefull for online leagues, i like to read it for FBCB to know exactly what hapened in the game as the stats are not enought to figure if the last shot was in the last minute etc etc. Please add it as option if it's not a big problem for you.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:36 AM   #59
Emiliano
College Prospect

Coool!
Old 12-27-2005, 04:14 AM   #60
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Just had a guy take 30 shots in a game--28 of them three pointers.

Old 12-27-2005, 05:08 AM   #61
Groundhog
Coordinator

I fired a coach and hired another. Then, with all my coach slots full, I selected the "View Coaches" button, and get:

Run-Time error '380': Invalid property value
Old 12-27-2005, 08:15 AM   #62
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Well, you mistook my example. What was meant by it, is that Michigan State isn't an elite prestigous basketball program. Indiana has fallen in recent years, but in my mind they are around where Michigan State is.

Michigan State is no Duke or North Carolina, and Indiana is no Vandy or UTEP in terms of prestige. They are both inbetween those levels.

Just a quick note on the prestige in the game. Prestige is made up of two numbers - one for current and one for historical with a heavy emphasis on historical. Indiana's historical prestige is higher than Michigan State in the initial file and in fact higher than anyone other than Duke and North Carolina. However like someone pointed out Indiana hasn't done much lately and today's 18 year olds are far more likely to view Michigan State as the better of the two programs which is where the current prestige comes in.

As you play each season your historical prestige is slightly affected and your current prestige is greatly affected so if you were to say win the national championship with Indiana you would likely become the highest rated prestige team in the nation but if you were to go 6-20 with Indiana you wouldn't fall too far unless you strung together like 10 years of 6-20s because you have so much historical prestige built up with the school.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:17 AM   #63
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
nope. i tried that. with custom and custom for the attributes and "average" for everything else, and there were certainly schools missing (Duke and BC for two).

Some schools who are highly rated for academics you will only be able to coach at if you have a better than average emphasis on academics (and this holds true later in the game as well).
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #64
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Indiana is no...UTEP in terms of prestige.

You're right...the Hoosiers haven't made the Big Dance the past two years, unlike the Mighty Miners.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #65
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
1. Northwestern
2. Kent State
3. Providence
4. Wisconsin
5. Miami (OH)
6. Massachusetts
7. Kansas State
8. Iowa
9. Missouri
10. Texas A&M

Without knowing what else the recruit had to say initially this *could* be the work of the recruit's parents. Each recruit has a parental influence which spans from never hearing from the parents once to hearing from the parents nearly every time you call. Depending on how involved the parents are it could cause for some conflict and an unusual school choice or two. For example the recruit here may have wanted to play for an elite school but his parents only care about him getting as much playing time as possible to try and be a pro prospect and these were the schools that had an immediate opening at the kid's position yet were still name schools.

And like you said, this list will change over time based on who is recruiting him and how the internal power struggle between recruit and parent shakes out. Also there is not a recruit/parent conflict for the majority of players - just a handful out of the bunch to keep it interesting and realistic.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #66
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Just got into August:

The Norton Award works the same as the Wooden Award - prior to the season the assumed to be top 50 players are nominated and then as the season goes along the list is cut down until one is voted on at the end.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #67
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
I fired a coach and hired another. Then, with all my coach slots full, I selected the "View Coaches" button, and get:

Run-Time error '380': Invalid property value

Thanks Groundhog. I've been able to fix the error. In the meantime if you exit the staff screen after you have refilled your staff and come back you should be able to click the view coaches button ok. It will only crash if you fire, hire and then try to view the coaches again right after.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #68
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

No Gary, NO!!

For anyone who has played the demo.. how is the 2d view look when watching a game?

I'm waiting a bit on this one as I don't have the time right now. :P
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #69
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Ditto. This is a first for me. Between Civ4, BBCF and FOF2K4, I just don't have time to add a new game to the mix right now. Assuming reports are good, I'll probably buy it upon release, but I'm not sure when I'll get to give it a serious run-through.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:42 AM   #70
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Ditto. This is a first for me. Between Civ4, BBCF and FOF2K4, I just don't have time to add a new game to the mix right now. Assuming reports are good, I'll probably buy it upon release, but I'm not sure when I'll get to give it a serious run-through.

Same with me. I had about 15 games on my wishlists and got all but one (no love for Dominions II for some reason). Since I'm not a big college basketball fan anyway, I'm guessing this game will end up on the shelf but I'll probably still buy it within a few weeks of release assuming early reviews are good.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #71
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ok, this seems to shake out just fine by late August. All his top teams now are very prestigious.

The top teams may not have shown him much interest prior to that.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:30 AM   #72
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Quote:
I can't seem to get the computer to coach my team's games when I watch them. I unchecked Human Control before the game, but it stills expects me to make substitutions.

Under the options button in game there is an option for Computer to make the subs. It'll make the subs based on your sub matrix.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:32 AM   #73
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Quote:
No Gary, NO!!

For anyone who has played the demo.. how is the 2d view look when watching a game?

Much more fluid then TPB, I really enjoy the in game presentation, it really sucks you in (to the point of screaming at the screen SHOOT!).
Old 12-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #74
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottVib
This game is terrible, don't buy it MizzouRah, don't buy it!! If you do, bad luck will be bestoed upon you!

Noooooooooo!! Don't say that!!

Ok, fixed it for ya.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-27-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #75
ScottVib
High School Varsity

Quote:
I must buy this game and give Gary my money!

Fixed it for you!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #76
Icy
Pro Starter

After an hour playing it i'm really excited about the final release. It's a must buy for me (it was before playing it anyway, but now it's even more). Again too bad we need to sleep, eat etc, what a waste of playing time.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #77
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

In the same boat with others here, not much time to add another game. I'm currently playing ehm, trying to learn wsm, about a half a season into tpb, and ootpbm is just around the corner

Having said that tcb just screams quality at you from the first screen you see.

If the game plays half as good as the opening screen looks, and using TPB as an example of what Gary can do, this game will rock.

With regard to the 2d view..
While not as good as fm2006 it is better that ehm and leaps and bounds ahead of tpb. I have played one exibition game just to see how the 2d looked. My first thought is that I will very rarely even look at the text portion of the screen. Why should I when I can see the game being played in front of me?

So MizzouRah, if you were hoping that the 2d would give you an excuse not to buy the game it's not going to work
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:58 AM   #78
hoosiergoody
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
dont take this the wrong way but is this as buggy as the BBCF one? I still havnt gone back to BBCF until they fix the PBP and stuff. why would I when WWSM is so polished (except I cant get the f'n patch right now cuz im on digi-download!!)? Anyways, Im jonesin' to play BBCF but some of the PBP and things that happen are too wacky, right now....

so I ask again? What does everyone think of this TCB?

Hardly any bugs. Have seen some good suggestions and some great support on this so far. Gary had the privilege of already having the pro game released to be able to work off of to help squash initial issues.

Give the demo a try for yourself. Not everyone's opinions are the same anyways- some will always grumble just to grumble, and others will rave on positively.

I for one, am hooked already, and am waiting to spend my $$ for this one.
hoosiergoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #79
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Count me in. I'm waiting for the final release and will buy immediately. I can't believe the quality that appears to have went into this game. No bugs for me yet. I'm sure something will creep up and I have made a number of "enhancement" suggestions, but nothing should prevent us from getting our hands on this soon

Very polished and good work. I usually wait for a patch or two before buying games like this. This one I can say I will buy right out of the gate.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #80
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
In the same boat with others here, not much time to add another game. I'm currently playing ehm, trying to learn wsm, about a half a season into tpb, and ootpbm is just around the corner

Having said that tcb just screams quality at you from the first screen you see.

If the game plays half as good as the opening screen looks, and using TPB as an example of what Gary can do, this game will rock.

With regard to the 2d view..
While not as good as fm2006 it is better that ehm and leaps and bounds ahead of tpb. I have played one exibition game just to see how the 2d looked. My first thought is that I will very rarely even look at the text portion of the screen. Why should I when I can see the game being played in front of me?

So MizzouRah, if you were hoping that the 2d would give you an excuse not to buy the game it's not going to work

Considering Gary's previous work (TPB), there's no doubt I'll buy it.. it's just a matter of when.

Thanks for the 2d information as well, talk about immersion.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #81
vex
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC league?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #82
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
FOFC league?

It will be interesting to see how TCB ends up playing out in multiplayer, and how its release effects the interest of the 30 or so active owners we have in our FBCB league, but there would need to be quite a bit of editing capabilities to consider a jump since we've already built up some history with certain teams rising up a bit, etc. I have no idea where that might go.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:01 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm in the same boat as others. Not enough time to play this now, but I'm fairly sure I'll buy this at some point.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #84
Emiliano
College Prospect

Must-buy for me too. I haven't played around with the demo a lot, but it looks great. And, if I'm not wrong, we'll be able to import players in TPB, a thing that I LOVE to do.

Oh BTW, if we do the "FOFC TCB", I'm in.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #85
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Ok, last night I was playing a game with Duke. Had a verbal from the #1 overall and #4 overall guys when the game crashed while trying to sim. I restarted from the autosave point at the beginning of the offseason and quickly made it through to the season, only bothering to recruit those two guys every week. I signed the #4 alright, but for some reason this time around I wasn't even in the #1 guy's top 10. The only thing I did differently was to offer him a scholarship on the very first week. What would cause this? I know the guys parents had said they didn't think we were a good fit--is this a case of "the internal power struggle between recruit and parent" shaking out differently?

Old 12-27-2005, 07:07 PM   #86
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy

Gary, i also think the pbp must be there, as option for the ones who don't want it, but at least possible to read for the ones who want. It's specially usefull for online leagues, i like to read it for FBCB to know exactly what hapened in the game as the stats are not enought to figure if the last shot was in the last minute etc etc. Please add it as option if it's not a big problem for you.

yep this is very important especially for online leagues.

please make a detail pbp log an option for solo and online play.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:27 PM   #87
MJ4H
Coordinator

Dear God this game is a frikin wet dream for me.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #88
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Minor something which I don't recall seeing mentioned in this thread yet.

Played my first game as Kennesaw State, decided I'd take a glance at the Almanac screen (or History?, the one where the single game/season/career records are shown).

Sure enough, there's my big man with his 21 point game listed as the single game points leader in conference history ... except that he's listed as playing for Boston (which isn't in the conference). Right name, right point total, attributed to the wrong school.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #89
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Minor something which I don't recall seeing mentioned in this thread yet.

Played my first game as Kennesaw State, decided I'd take a glance at the Almanac screen (or History?, the one where the single game/season/career records are shown).

Sure enough, there's my big man with his 21 point game listed as the single game points leader in conference history ... except that he's listed as playing for Boston (which isn't in the conference). Right name, right point total, attributed to the wrong school.

Just out of curiosity so I can fix it was the 21 point game against Boston or is Boston just there by some random act?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #90
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski
Just out of curiosity so I can fix it was the 21 point game against Boston or is Boston just there by some random act?

Totally random, we were blown out by The Citadel.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:30 AM   #91
Groundhog
Coordinator

Steals look to be too high. I just completed a season, and the national leader in steals is nabbing himself a handy 7.4 a game, including a season high of 16. In real life the current leader, excluding those that have only played a few games, is grabbing 3.9 through 9 games.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:16 AM   #92
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm in the same boat as others. Not enough time to play this now, but I'm fairly sure I'll buy this at some point.

I guess I'm in the opposite boat. I have plenty of spare vacation time this week for this game since there really are no others I'm playing right now. Once I go back to work next week, will also be difficult for me to keep up with this one.

I'm really hoping this is released this week so I can get some time in with it. Otherwise, may have to wait awhile. From my standpoint, the game seems very polished. Most of the issues mentioned on the GDS board appear to be more suggestions than actual problems with the gameplay (including my own). Therefore, those could always potentially be addressed in a future patch Let the fun begin!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #93
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Its not going to be released this week. I want to clean up a few of the issues mentioned, maybe add in a few of the suggestions and we're continuing to test to make sure the long term stuff is as good and bug free as the single season stuff. I've heard from many people so far that they are impressed the demo is as crash and bug free as it is so there's no reason I shouldn't take the time to make sure the release follows suit.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #94
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Since Gary made a recent appearance in the thread ... just FYI, I go back to the almanac screen several reloads later (not problem related, just playing a game, stopping, playing another game later, stopping, etc.) ... and there's my guy still listed for Boston, as is every other player from Kennesaw who makes any of the lists. BUT when I check the conference stats instead of the records, they are all credited properly to Kennesaw.

Don't know if that matters or helps track down the glitch, but figured I'd mention it.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:53 PM   #95
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Incidentally, while I'm in the thread ... how the heck do I get back to my emails between days? I can't find a button to click & if I've already read them then clicking the little wheel thingy in the upper left (where it says something about "New Messages" when they arrive) does nothing. I feel like a goof but I'm having a heck of a time navigating this thing.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:03 PM   #96
Zippo
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Incidentally, while I'm in the thread ... how the heck do I get back to my emails between days? I can't find a button to click & if I've already read them then clicking the little wheel thingy in the upper left (where it says something about "New Messages" when they arrive) does nothing. I feel like a goof but I'm having a heck of a time navigating this thing.
I think what you are looking for is the "house" icon beside your name on the top bar to get back to your "home" (coach's office).

Last edited by Zippo : 12-28-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #97
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski
Its not going to be released this week. I want to clean up a few of the issues mentioned, maybe add in a few of the suggestions and we're continuing to test to make sure the long term stuff is as good and bug free as the single season stuff. I've heard from many people so far that they are impressed the demo is as crash and bug free as it is so there's no reason I shouldn't take the time to make sure the release follows suit.

No problem. I'm sure you'll release when you think its ready.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:06 PM   #98
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Has anyone else noticed a lack of substantial upsets?

Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #99
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

What kind of upsets are you talking about? Are you talking about upsets during the season or during the tournament and what do you consider to be a substantial upset?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed a lack of substantial upsets?

I dunno, Georgia Southern beating Duke in week 3 seemed pretty substantial